Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.
 
HomeFAQCalendarRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 who needs 14 clubs really

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
crayon33
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer


Posts : 510
Join date : 2009-11-20

PostSubject: Re: who needs 14 clubs really   Wed Feb 19, 2014 5:50 pm

For me I wish I could have 20 plus clubs in the bag, 3 plus drivers with different shaft flexes, from regular to stiff, wedges for 50m, 60m, 70m, 80m, 90m and 100m
Back to top Go down
uncleP
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer


Posts : 295
Join date : 2009-08-22

PostSubject: Re: who needs 14 clubs really   Wed Feb 19, 2014 7:28 pm

TDO wrote:
I stop buying new equipment at least 6-7 years ago. That's how old my clubs are. To me the main focus should be in enhancing your skill, whichever weak department it may be. 
And yes, I don't carry long irons, too. Longest iron in my bag is now 6i.
uncle TDO, didnot u givn up golf?
hahaha
Back to top Go down
TDO
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 2255
Join date : 2011-10-02
Age : 60
Location : West

PostSubject: Re: who needs 14 clubs really   Thu Feb 20, 2014 10:19 am

uncleP wrote:
TDO wrote:
I stop buying new equipment at least 6-7 years ago. That's how old my clubs are. To me the main focus should be in enhancing your skill, whichever weak department it may be. 
And yes, I don't carry long irons, too. Longest iron in my bag is now 6i.
uncle TDO, didnot u givn up golf?
hahaha
Aiyah! How can give up golf. I said give up buying new equipment not give up golfing. Even if I leave this world I will see if golfing exist in the netherworld. Hopefully, I can come back and report if it's a paradise. Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
hkhamateur
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 3062
Join date : 2009-09-29
Age : 43
Location : North-East

PostSubject: Re: who needs 14 clubs really   Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:16 am

Again this topic is very subjective & personal. Cool 
No right or wrong. Wink
Golfers like less clubs 4-5 sticks, be it.
Golfers like full 14 clubs to show or filled fr each distances, be it.
Golfers like ultralite standbag cum sunday bag, be it.
Golfers like Tour playersl's cart w max. clubs w players towel, clubs towels,  5-6 pairs of gloves hangg, be it.
Just ask wats your objective!
Just question yrself re u happy w this setup n game!
Is it this simple. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer


Posts : 5879
Join date : 2009-09-30
Age : 90
Location : Pin Hole

PostSubject: Re: who needs 14 clubs really   Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:18 am

hkhamateur wrote:
Again this topic is very subjective & personal. Cool 
No right or wrong. Wink
Golfers like less clubs 4-5 sticks, be it.
Golfers like full 14 clubs to show or filled fr each distances, be it.
Golfers like ultralite standbag cum sunday bag, be it.
Golfers like Tour playersl's cart w max. clubs w players towel, clubs towels,  5-6 pairs of gloves hangg, be it.
Just ask wats your objective!
Just question yrself re u happy w this setup n game!
Is it this simple. Very Happy

To sum it up, do whatever you want so long u are happy ...  Laughing 
Back to top Go down
toonified
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer


Posts : 151
Join date : 2013-07-12

PostSubject: Re: who needs 14 clubs really   Thu Feb 20, 2014 12:37 pm

Very subjective - my coach played executive course with me with 7iron only.

Just 1 club for teeing off (without tee), chipping, bunker shots, even putting. Still even / or maybe below par!

Do we all need to do that? Nope. 

Agree w Turbo, do whatever you want Very Happy:D
Back to top Go down
uncleP
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer


Posts : 295
Join date : 2009-08-22

PostSubject: Re: who needs 14 clubs really   Thu Feb 20, 2014 9:05 pm

swee,  the rules apply to PGA, or club games.

As for social and non betting games, carry as many as U want. 
I have seen caddie doing 2 bags,  double the tips lah n hopefully U drive to the course yourself

as for a joke, I have seen impact stick, alignment stick, driver protection mushroom pole , ball retreiver and a super big Umbrella.  All in a PRO Tour Bag.
Wander how many boxes of balls he bring????

TDO: just watsapp when U are over there and we try to burn the flyers from GD to U hor
Back to top Go down
TDO
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 2255
Join date : 2011-10-02
Age : 60
Location : West

PostSubject: Re: who needs 14 clubs really   Fri Feb 21, 2014 3:15 pm

uncleP wrote:
swee,  the rules apply to PGA, or club games.

As for social and non betting games, carry as many as U want. 
I have seen caddie doing 2 bags,  double the tips lah n hopefully U drive to the course yourself

as for a joke, I have seen impact stick, alignment stick, driver protection mushroom pole , ball retreiver and a super big Umbrella.  All in a PRO Tour Bag.
Wander how many boxes of balls he bring????

TDO: just watsapp when U are over there and we try to burn the flyers from GD to U hor
There was once in my flight there was this young skinny Indian caddie who carry 2 bags at Royal Johor. Man, he really is strong. And we were playing afternoon about 1pm.


Don't worry uncleP, you will be the first person I contact once I reach the netherworld. Then I will try to post photos in this forum of golf courses there.  Laughing
Back to top Go down
uncleP
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer


Posts : 295
Join date : 2009-08-22

PostSubject: Re: who needs 14 clubs really   Fri Feb 21, 2014 7:56 pm

guys, from 14 clubs to netherland.... this is why we love this forum
Back to top Go down
TDO
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 2255
Join date : 2011-10-02
Age : 60
Location : West

PostSubject: Re: who needs 14 clubs really   Fri Feb 21, 2014 9:17 pm

Wah haha!. Life is too short to be serious about certain things like destiny. If we have to go, if your time is up, we have to go. Nothing scary about it. Everyone will go one of these  days. Just make full use of your available borrow time now. 
uncleP, when are we having our 36 holes. Have been waiting for your whatsapp since your chauffeur job with home last year.
 Beer
Back to top Go down
uncleP
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer


Posts : 295
Join date : 2009-08-22

PostSubject: Re: who needs 14 clubs really   Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:02 pm

TDO wrote:
Wah haha!. Life is too short to be serious about certain things like destiny. If we have to go, if your time is up, we have to go. Nothing scary about it. Everyone will go one of these  days. Just make full use of your available borrow time now. 
uncleP, when are we having our 36 holes. Have been waiting for your whatsapp since your chauffeur job with home last year.
 Beer
TDO, U keep fit hor, I will be able to do only after 25 march or early april.
I have hung up my boxing gloves for so long.
U oso give me some time to get fit.
Back to top Go down
TDO
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 2255
Join date : 2011-10-02
Age : 60
Location : West

PostSubject: Re: who needs 14 clubs really   Sat Feb 22, 2014 4:37 am

Uncle TDO wait for you whenever you are ready. Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: who needs 14 clubs really   Today at 5:10 am

Back to top Go down
 
who needs 14 clubs really
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2
 Similar topics
-
» Honma Clubs, good ?
» Mizuno clubs
» Made in China clubs
» Cobra golf clubs
» Tennis overgrips on clubs

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic :: The Clubhouse :: Golf Talk-
Jump to:  
Friends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf Republic
Copyright © 2009 Golf Republic. All Rights Reserved.