Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeFAQCalendarRegisterLog in

Share | 

Where to get clubs re-gripped?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Gymrat76
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Where to get clubs re-gripped?   Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:13 am

Hi all

Coach said my stock grips a bit big, suggested that I get slightly smaller grips. But I forgot to ask him where  Rolling Eyes 

Where do you guys usually go to get clubs re-gripped? Looking to get Golf Pride grips for my irons, and how much do the cost roughly per iron? Also can do on the spot or need to leave there a few days? Thanks
Back to top Go down
kissthegreen
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Where to get clubs re-gripped?   Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:18 am

There are many around.. I used to change mine at Bob's golf (just google name). I think they have re-located to Bukit Batok..
Back to top Go down
cactuzone
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Where to get clubs re-gripped?   Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:43 am

Back to top Go down
iron eagle
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Where to get clubs re-gripped?   Mon Feb 24, 2014 1:00 pm

Just re-grip my Hybrid and 3 wood at Golf Simply this the place that
offer the best price ! look no further.
Back to top Go down
Gymrat76
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Where to get clubs re-gripped?   Mon Feb 24, 2014 1:26 pm

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
hiryu
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Where to get clubs re-gripped?   Mon Feb 24, 2014 2:14 pm

Last I checked, Tour Velvet was $10 if that's what you need.
Can do on the spot but preferably to leave it to dry for a while before you hit.
Back to top Go down
cglim
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Where to get clubs re-gripped?   Mon Feb 24, 2014 2:52 pm

Apologies to hijack this thread. Its an active thread about grips and I've got a grip question.

How do you guys determine that you have worn out your grips and its time to get it replaced? Do you go by the number of games played? Or if the rubber material has hardened? Or if it becomes slippery?

I'm asking because I'm on the fence on whether to replace my irons' MC grips since I've been using it for about 1.5 yrs. I wonder if there's any performance benefits if I did go for a replacement.
Back to top Go down
hiryu
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Where to get clubs re-gripped?   Mon Feb 24, 2014 3:14 pm

I changed mine after it became a hard and I was losing grip. I believe it came about 2-3 years after I first got it. 
However I hardly use my irons then and it was mostly at home.
Now it's in my car all the time and I think it will not last longer than 1.5 years lol.

I hardly play more than once a month so the amount of rounds don't really factor in for me.
Back to top Go down
Gymrat76
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Where to get clubs re-gripped?   Mon Feb 24, 2014 3:46 pm

cglim wrote:
Apologies to hijack this thread. Its an active thread about grips and I've got a grip question.

How do you guys determine that you have worn out your grips and its time to get it replaced? Do you go by the number of games played? Or if the rubber material has hardened? Or if it becomes slippery?

I'm asking because I'm on the fence on whether to replace my irons' MC grips since I've been using it for about 1.5 yrs. I wonder if there's any performance benefits if I did go for a replacement.

This is from the Golf Pride FAQ, hope it helps:

Why do I need to regrip my clubs?
The grip is one of the most important components in golf and the only part of the club that you actually touch.Grips are made of materials that age and wear as a function of time and use. Ozone, heat, dirt and oils from your hands all age your grips and cause the natural degradation of the grip. The traction that a fresh grip provides lets you hold the club lightly without the subconscious fear of losing the club during your swing. This relaxed state promotes proper swing mechanics and wrist action. While a worn grip causes you to grasp the club tighter, causing arm and wrist tension that inhibits proper swing mechanics and leads to a loss of power and control. A fresh set of grips is an inexpensive and fast way to bring a noticeable change to your game.

How often should I get my clubs regripped?
As a rule of thumb, you should regrip once every year or every 40 rounds. Regardless of how often you play, ozone, heat, dirt and oils are constantly at work breaking down the materials that make up your grips. Granted, frequent play and personal preference may dictate regripping sooner, but with normal use there’s enough degradation of the material after a year to warrant fresh grips. Keep in mind that grips lose a significant amount of their original feel long before they become hard and slick. Because it happens slowly over time, most golfers fail to notice it. That’s important to remember because just a tiny, imperceptible slip at contact will be magnified to many yards by the time the ball reaches its target. Many people find that getting in the routine of regripping every Spring as the golf season “officially” begins is the easiest way to remember.
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Where to get clubs re-gripped?   Mon Feb 24, 2014 3:53 pm

[quote="Gymrat76"]
cglim wrote:

How often should I get my clubs regripped?
As a rule of thumb, you should regrip once every year or every 40 rounds.
so little??? Paging for LPGA, you need to change grip twice a year with the amount of games she put into. Maybe even 3...
Back to top Go down
TDO
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Where to get clubs re-gripped?   Mon Feb 24, 2014 5:07 pm

Wah! 40 rounds of golf and that does not include the range session.  Shocked 
Back to top Go down
matoonia
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Where to get clubs re-gripped?   Mon Feb 24, 2014 9:56 pm

how much does it cost to change grips, and where do they sell slightly bigger grips? TIA
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Where to get clubs re-gripped?   Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:09 pm

matoonia wrote:
how much does it cost to change grips, and where do they sell slightly bigger grips? TIA
Depending on what type of grips u want? Can be between $10-20, most fitter should have mid-sizes.
Back to top Go down
matoonia
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Where to get clubs re-gripped?   Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:30 am

enwee wrote:
matoonia wrote:
Depending on what type of grips u want? Can be between $10-20, most fitter should have mid-sizes.

If I'm looking for slightly bigger grips, which shop offers the most variety and value? My budget is $15/grip inclusive of installation
Back to top Go down
angyongshen
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Where to get clubs re-gripped?   Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:41 am

Actually masada grips are really nice, soft to the touch. I was trying out one piece only, could go gloveless. Price justifiable in the "long" run. Should be going back to get it for the rest of the bag. IMHO, any store that carries quality products. Should be quite standard, in terms of price and service.
Back to top Go down
Gymrat76
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Where to get clubs re-gripped?   Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:12 am

Does Golf Simply at FESC do re-gripping? There's also a corner shop there which is a club fitter, anyone knows if he carries Golf Pride grips and how much? Thinking of bringing the whole bag down later this week, thanks
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Where to get clubs re-gripped?   Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:13 am

Gymrat76 wrote:
Does Golf Simply at FESC do re-gripping? There's also a corner shop there which is a club fitter, anyone knows if he carries Golf Pride grips and how much? Thinking of bringing the whole bag down later this week, thanks
Most shop do re gripping and carry golf pride.
Back to top Go down
Gymrat76
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Where to get clubs re-gripped?   Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:16 am

enwee wrote:
Gymrat76 wrote:

OK thanks
Back to top Go down
matoonia
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Where to get clubs re-gripped?   Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:24 am

angyongshen wrote:
Actually masada grips are really nice, soft to the touch. I was trying out one piece only, could go gloveless. Price justifiable in the "long" run. Should be going back to get it for the rest of the bag. IMHO, any store that carries quality products. Should be quite standard, in terms of price and service.

Yes, I also prefer a softer touch grip. Where can masada grips be found?
Back to top Go down
hkhamateur
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Where to get clubs re-gripped?   Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:30 am

Gymrat76 wrote:
enwee wrote:
Gymrat76 wrote:

OK thanks

Greenfield, Golf simply, another grips specialize shops at FESC does gripping jobs. Wink 

@Matoonia, fr Masda japan grips here re the two fitters: Wizgolf at Bukit Batok driving range & Torque Golf at Punggol Driving range. Cool
Back to top Go down
escyb
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Where to get clubs re-gripped?   Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:28 pm

matoonia wrote:
enwee wrote:
matoonia wrote:

If I'm looking for slightly bigger grips, which shop offers the most variety and value? My budget is $15/grip inclusive of installation
If you r after slightly bigger grips, just check with the fitter if he/she can add additional layer/s of tapes under the grip. Also different grip models feels different, some may require additional tapes, some dun. Applies for shafts too. I had to add extra tape to TT S300 to make it the same as PXI.

All in all, best to visit a fitter who is knowledgeable and have the time to check what is suitable for you. I go to Spencer at Golf Werkz in TPY range.

Happy shopping for grips!
Edwin
Back to top Go down
Gymrat76
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Where to get clubs re-gripped?   Thu Feb 27, 2014 4:56 pm

Had my clubs re-gripped yesterday. One question though, they cut off and stripped the old grips and applied the new grips. Apparently, my friend said they can actually remove the old grip without  damaging it.. so I could have salvaged my still-new but too large grips?? Sad
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Where to get clubs re-gripped?   Thu Feb 27, 2014 4:58 pm

Gymrat76 wrote:
Had my clubs re-gripped yesterday. One question though, they cut off and stripped the old grips and applied the new grips. Apparently, my friend said they can actually remove the old grip without  damaging it.. so I could have salvaged my still-new but too large grips?? Sad
They could but not always successful. But u never told them to salvage, they most likely to rip it out....
Back to top Go down
Gymrat76
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Where to get clubs re-gripped?   Thu Feb 27, 2014 4:59 pm

enwee wrote:
Gymrat76 wrote:
They could but not always successful. But u never told them to salvage, they most likely to rip it out....

Haha.. ya la... didn't know can salvage.. nvm lesson for the future  Sad
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Where to get clubs re-gripped?   Thu Feb 27, 2014 5:00 pm

Gymrat76 wrote:
enwee wrote:
Gymrat76 wrote:

Haha.. ya la... didn't know can salvage.. nvm lesson for the future  Sad
You wanna salvage very easy to diy yourself......
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Where to get clubs re-gripped?   Today at 2:25 am

Back to top Go down

Where to get clubs re-gripped?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next