Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeFAQCalendarRegisterLog in

Share | 

For sharing: my professional fitting experience and how it has solved my slicing problem

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
retro
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: For sharing: my professional fitting experience and how it has solved my slicing problem   Fri Mar 07, 2014 11:30 pm

Hi all,

Just thought I would share with everyone my professional fitting experience and how it has solved my slicing problem.

One of the greatest problem with my golf game is my driving inconsistency. Simply put, I cannot get my ball to go straight. Prior to the fitting session, I have always thought that my problem is due a swing path or a wrist action issue. However, during the fitting session, the data captured by the trackman system seems to suggest otherwise. Instead, the fitter concluded that the main issue was the incompatibility of my shaft (I play a R flex) to my swing.

After keying in my swing statistics into their inhouse system, the fitter recommended me several shafts that suited my swing. I took up his recommendation and changed my driver shaft. Since then, the results on the course have been absolutely amazing.

While I am not saying that a professional fitting session and a shaft change will cure your slicing or hooking problem but the data captured by the trackman system will definitely be useful toward identifying your problem areas.

For sharing please.  Cool
Back to top Go down
Solutions
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: For sharing: my professional fitting experience and how it has solved my slicing problem   Sat Mar 08, 2014 3:03 am

Mind sharing which fitter? Thanks
Back to top Go down
kenneth18
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: For sharing: my professional fitting experience and how it has solved my slicing problem   Sat Mar 08, 2014 6:54 am

Which driver n shaft are you using and which shaft were you fitted?
Back to top Go down
hkhamateur
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: For sharing: my professional fitting experience and how it has solved my slicing problem   Sat Mar 08, 2014 1:54 pm

Fitter re like car engineer. Cool
Once u gotta one tat you re comfortable with, theoretically base, variable shafts options to optimal the performance etc...why wait. Wink
Back to top Go down
flashpacker
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: For sharing: my professional fitting experience and how it has solved my slicing problem   Sat Mar 08, 2014 2:48 pm

I fitted my irons recently w Wizgolf. 
Had 7 GIRs in my last game and almost broke 90.
Would definitely recommend fitting once you get your swing consistent.
Back to top Go down
retro
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: For sharing: my professional fitting experience and how it has solved my slicing problem   Sat Mar 08, 2014 9:16 pm

Solutions, i had my fitting with wizgolf. Had a very enlightening session with them.

Kenneth18, i am using an R1 head with a fujikura motore f1 R2 flex.

I cannot agree more with hkhamateur and flashpacker. Shaving a couple of strokes off your score is the ultimate gratification for every golfer Wink
Back to top Go down
ChrisD
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: For sharing: my professional fitting experience and how it has solved my slicing problem   Sat Mar 08, 2014 9:31 pm

After doing spending some time with them, have never changed my equipment for many months or even a few years. Used to changed this n that but had stopped doing so as their recommendation works and seems more likely the better ones.
Back to top Go down
Solutions
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: For sharing: my professional fitting experience and how it has solved my slicing problem   Sun Mar 09, 2014 10:38 am

Hi Retro thanks for sharing! Will pay them a visit soon lol
Back to top Go down
kenneth18
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: For sharing: my professional fitting experience and how it has solved my slicing problem   Sun Mar 09, 2014 11:20 am

Thanks bro retro for the info. I am also changing shafts to experiment, will likely visit a club fitter soon
Back to top Go down
iraone2
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: For sharing: my professional fitting experience and how it has solved my slicing problem   Sun Mar 09, 2014 12:02 pm

Can share wizgolf contact?
Back to top Go down
willytan
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: For sharing: my professional fitting experience and how it has solved my slicing problem   Sun Mar 09, 2014 4:29 pm

I recently have my TM TP CB iron set stock TT R300 shafts changed to KBS tour90 at octane golf (bukit timah plaza) as I felt that my ball flight to be pretty high but after the switch it is now on the mid high range which is what I wanted (no dist lost). 

Mr Ong is very patience and also very helpful giving me ample advise and listen to what I want off my clubs n he adjusted my set.

I managed to shave a good few strokes off my score after 3-5games after getting used to the shaft.
Back to top Go down
retro
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: For sharing: my professional fitting experience and how it has solved my slicing problem   Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:00 am

You're most welcome Kenneth! Enjoy the fitting experience and I sincerely hope that your shaft change will bring your golf game to the next level of enjoyment. Looking forward to hearing your experience!
Back to top Go down
matoonia
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: For sharing: my professional fitting experience and how it has solved my slicing problem   Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:52 am

willytan wrote:
I recently have my TM TP CB iron set stock TT R300 shafts changed to KBS tour90 at octane golf (bukit timah plaza) as I felt that my ball flight to be pretty high but after the switch it is now on the mid high range which is what I wanted (no dist lost). 

Mr Ong is very patience and also very helpful giving me ample advise and listen to what I want off my clubs n he adjusted my set.

I managed to shave a good few strokes off my score after 3-5games after getting used to the shaft.

After you changed your shaft did you gain any distance?
Back to top Go down
ChrisD
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: For sharing: my professional fitting experience and how it has solved my slicing problem   Wed Mar 12, 2014 4:57 pm

Kenneth, can I arrange a slot for my friend who is interested to do edel wedge fitting?
Please advise the date and timing.
Back to top Go down
willytan
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: For sharing: my professional fitting experience and how it has solved my slicing problem   Thu Mar 13, 2014 6:17 am

matoonia wrote:
willytan wrote:

After you changed your shaft did you gain any distance?

Hi,

There is minimal distance gain after the shaft change but my ball striking confident has increased.

I m going for accuracy over distance.
Back to top Go down
retro
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: For sharing: my professional fitting experience and how it has solved my slicing problem   Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:49 am

I agree with bro willytan.

Prior to my fitting session, it is difficult to have a gauge of my drive distance since most of my balls fade or slice to the right. It is only when my balls are consistently going relatively straighter that i start to have a good sensing of what my average drive distance is.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: For sharing: my professional fitting experience and how it has solved my slicing problem   Today at 9:57 am

Back to top Go down

For sharing: my professional fitting experience and how it has solved my slicing problem
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1