Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.
 
HomeFAQCalendarRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 TITLEIST 915 DRIVER

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Winston
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1723
Join date : 2009-08-18
Age : 42
Location : 19th Hole

PostSubject: Re: TITLEIST 915 DRIVER   Mon Oct 06, 2014 10:46 pm

Golf noob wrote:
Can someone enlighten me when 915 launch ,how much will the 913D2/3 price at n will there still be available leftover new stocks around? Thanks

http://www.titleist.com.sg/demodays/default.aspx

The launch is scheduled for November but not sure about the Asia market. The above link is taken from the demo day schedule.

Price wise? not sure.
Back to top Go down
Winston
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1723
Join date : 2009-08-18
Age : 42
Location : 19th Hole

PostSubject: Re: TITLEIST 915 DRIVER   Mon Oct 06, 2014 10:50 pm

golfool2009 wrote:
I've always wanted a Titleist driver....the 907D1 doesn't count since it was ugly and noisy....very tempted to give this a shot.....beautiful driver....maybe this is the driver that finally takes me beyond 200m???.....tho i did play with someone who was smashing it past me by 40m with a Ryoma.....

Get one. I have a 913 D3 on a Diamana S+ 62 (Blue Board). it has brought me to places I have never been before.....
Back to top Go down
Golf noob
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer


Posts : 115
Join date : 2013-02-27

PostSubject: Re: TITLEIST 915 DRIVER   Tue Oct 07, 2014 2:09 pm

titleist price always very steep, and got resale value which is cool .... Using the 910H and loving it...
Back to top Go down
zach-z
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer


Posts : 181
Join date : 2012-10-27

PostSubject: Re: TITLEIST 915 DRIVER   Tue Oct 07, 2014 3:04 pm

I rmb seeing e retail price tag of 913D being $8xx before news of 915 came out. The 915 should probably hover ard that range... Or higher??
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer


Posts : 5879
Join date : 2009-09-30
Age : 90
Location : Pin Hole

PostSubject: Re: TITLEIST 915 DRIVER   Tue Oct 07, 2014 3:09 pm

I envisage that the new 915 will cost around $600 +++ (for stock shaft) after the normal retail discount given by the likes of GD, MST, etc.
Back to top Go down
Golf noob
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer


Posts : 115
Join date : 2013-02-27

PostSubject: Re: TITLEIST 915 DRIVER   Tue Oct 07, 2014 3:50 pm

The 913D now is around $480+ after discount right for blueboard shaft?? Avoid going to the 915 launch demo if not sure tio poison and buy one...after few months discount abit than start heartache on the impulse poison Smile
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer


Posts : 5879
Join date : 2009-09-30
Age : 90
Location : Pin Hole

PostSubject: Re: TITLEIST 915 DRIVER   Tue Oct 07, 2014 8:58 pm

Golf noob wrote:
The 913D now is around $480+ after discount right for blueboard shaft?? Avoid going to the 915 launch demo if not sure tio poison and buy one...after few months discount abit than start heartache on the impulse poison Smile

One can get a few ten of dollars lower than what u quoted above ... from either MST or GD ... Cool
Back to top Go down
dukes4
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 52
Join date : 2012-01-07

PostSubject: Re: TITLEIST 915 DRIVER   Fri Nov 14, 2014 8:00 am

how does the 913 compared to the R11?
Back to top Go down
melv
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 94
Join date : 2014-06-02
Location : Central/west

PostSubject: Re: TITLEIST 915 DRIVER   Fri Nov 14, 2014 8:19 am

Lao jiaosssss, 
What you all think of stock shafts,
I'm terms of quality?

Diamana red, white, blue &
Fujikura speeder. Good?
Back to top Go down
jascon77
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 94
Join date : 2010-09-24

PostSubject: Re: TITLEIST 915 DRIVER   Fri Nov 14, 2014 9:17 am

Hey guys,

I'm a guy who started with R11 then R11S and when Taylormade released one driver after the other I thought they must not be thinking about developing their drivers seriously.

I switched to my first 913d3  less than2 years ago and I never looked backed since. I liked it better than Taylormades that I sold them all. At first  I lost about 5-10 meters of distance but I was hitting fairways more while misses (slices and hooks) were not that bad. By now I got the distance back and more by working on my clubhead speed .

I will be getting the 915d3 today. I have  hit it in the demos with all of the shafts and been hitting it every week (borrowed from pro) What I like is that it has the same dna as my 913 so at address they look the same. But that's where the difference ends. Its more balanced at the takeaway and the ball just comes out screaming out of the face. Just have to get used to the new sound. I gained at least 5mph of clubhead speed and at least 5-10 meters longer than my 913.

The Diamana "stock" shafts are very good. You cant really call them stock shafts as they are the same ones you will get after market. The speeder just cant make it. At least as I felt it and from validating this feedback with a pro. I currently have a Diamana white S but my mainstay Tour AD BB. For my new one I will get a Diamana Blue S just to give me options.

But I am still keeping my 913 in the trunk just in case I want to come back to something that is familiar and good.
Back to top Go down
kyleyann
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer


Posts : 456
Join date : 2009-10-13

PostSubject: Re: TITLEIST 915 DRIVER   Fri Nov 14, 2014 9:30 am

jascon77 wrote:
Hey guys,

I'm a guy who started with R11 then R11S and when Taylormade released one driver after the other I thought they must not be thinking about developing their drivers seriously.

I switched to my first 913d3  less than2 years ago and I never looked backed since. I liked it better than Taylormades that I sold them all. At first  I lost about 5-10 meters of distance but I was hitting fairways more while misses (slices and hooks) were not that bad. By now I got the distance back and more by working on my clubhead speed .

I will be getting the 915d3 today. I have  hit it in the demos with all of the shafts and been hitting it every week (borrowed from pro) What I like is that it has the same dna as my 913 so at address they look the same. But that's where the difference ends. Its more balanced at the takeaway and the ball just comes out screaming out of the face. Just have to get used to the new sound. I gained at least 5mph of clubhead speed and at least 5-10 meters longer than my 913.

The Diamana "stock" shafts are very good. You cant really call them stock shafts as they are the same ones you will get after market. The speeder just cant make it. At least as I felt it and from validating this feedback with a pro. I currently have a Diamana white S but my mainstay Tour AD BB. For my new one I will get a Diamana Blue S just to give me options.

But I am still keeping my 913 in the trunk just in case I want to come back to something that is familiar and good.
+1

Thank you for the review!
Back to top Go down
dukes4
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 52
Join date : 2012-01-07

PostSubject: Re: TITLEIST 915 DRIVER   Fri Nov 14, 2014 10:11 am

Ok guess have to be abit patient and wait await for the price to come down
Back to top Go down
WILL33
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer


Posts : 184
Join date : 2011-07-05

PostSubject: Re: TITLEIST 915 DRIVER   Fri Nov 14, 2014 10:55 am

dukes4 wrote:
Ok guess have to be abit patient and wait await for the price to come down
Titleist always maintain their price. The only time that they will lower the price slightly will be a few months before their new driver is coming out.
Back to top Go down
jascon77
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 94
Join date : 2010-09-24

PostSubject: Re: TITLEIST 915 DRIVER   Fri Nov 14, 2014 11:00 am

Yeah they are not like Taylormade, after a few months drop like hell.
Back to top Go down
melv
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 94
Join date : 2014-06-02
Location : Central/west

PostSubject: Re: TITLEIST 915 DRIVER   Fri Nov 14, 2014 11:22 am

Thanks for the feedback..
Was thinking of getting the fujikura actually...
Hmm now I hv my 2nd thoughts ..

The speeder no good?
Back to top Go down
jascon77
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 94
Join date : 2010-09-24

PostSubject: Re: TITLEIST 915 DRIVER   Fri Nov 14, 2014 11:42 am

Just can't feel the shaft working for me. I have swung heavier and stiffer shafts than that so its not that my swing speed can not handle it. A pro that I know shifted back to his tour as after using speeder at a round and says it just can't make it.
Back to top Go down
melv
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 94
Join date : 2014-06-02
Location : Central/west

PostSubject: Re: TITLEIST 915 DRIVER   Fri Nov 14, 2014 11:50 am

The heaviest diamana 71-72g seems pretty heavy.. 
But not whip as much..
Fujikura seems quite smooth but slightly whippy only..
Hmm... Dilemma
Back to top Go down
maverick0118
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 47
Join date : 2013-03-17
Age : 43
Location : Singapore West

PostSubject: Re: TITLEIST 915 DRIVER   Fri Nov 14, 2014 1:09 pm

My 910 D2 still in my car boot, even though i have change to R1.  But that is because it's so friendly to hit,  tee it up, i know where it is going.  My R1 while giving me more distance, it is not as forgiving as i want it to be.  Maybe its the singer, not the song.

But hand very itchy after seeing the new 915 and R15. 

This kind of poison got medicine bo?
Back to top Go down
dukes4
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 52
Join date : 2012-01-07

PostSubject: Re: TITLEIST 915 DRIVER   Sat Nov 15, 2014 5:54 pm

i just saw the 915 , to upgrade to tour AD shaft is additional 200 est, should i go for the topup?
Back to top Go down
Happydingle
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 49
Join date : 2013-11-01

PostSubject: Re: TITLEIST 915 DRIVER   Sat Nov 15, 2014 6:38 pm

Hi Dukes4, is the $200 upcharge for tour ad shafts applicable at GD? Thanks
Back to top Go down
dukes4
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 52
Join date : 2012-01-07

PostSubject: Re: TITLEIST 915 DRIVER   Sat Nov 15, 2014 8:40 pm

yes its at GD, i already has a TD shaft, should just trf over but at 200 seems quite attractive
Back to top Go down
Golfish
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer


Posts : 330
Join date : 2014-01-31

PostSubject: Re: TITLEIST 915 DRIVER   Sun Nov 16, 2014 12:23 am

200 for top up pretty unlikely. But then maybe golf direct can do it... They are good!
Back to top Go down
jascon77
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 94
Join date : 2010-09-24

PostSubject: Re: TITLEIST 915 DRIVER   Sun Nov 16, 2014 7:13 am

My advice, take the stock shaft as they are good. Can upgrade to Tourad for 300-350.
Back to top Go down
golfool2009
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1313
Join date : 2010-06-14

PostSubject: Re: TITLEIST 915 DRIVER   Sun Nov 16, 2014 10:02 am

Strange that a few guys here have described the driver as forgiving. Always avoided titleist as I thought they were for better players. Maybe I should take a second look.....
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal


Posts : 10361
Join date : 2009-12-19
Age : 39

PostSubject: Re: TITLEIST 915 DRIVER   Sun Nov 16, 2014 10:05 am

golfool2009 wrote:
Strange that a few guys here have described the driver as forgiving. Always avoided titleist as I thought they were for better players. Maybe I should take a second look.....

Dun backside itchy lah
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: TITLEIST 915 DRIVER   Today at 1:55 am

Back to top Go down
 
TITLEIST 915 DRIVER
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Titleist 910 D2 driver
» Titleist 910 D3 with no serial number
» Shaft tips - tapered or parallel
» organize the market place
» US specs vs jap specs

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic :: The Pro Shop :: Golf Equipment-
Jump to:  
Friends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf Republic
Copyright © 2009 Golf Republic. All Rights Reserved.