Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeFAQCalendarRegisterLog in

Share | 

Courses in Singapore that do not require handicaps on weekends

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Mizzman
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Courses in Singapore that do not require handicaps on weekends   Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:44 pm

mUAr_cHEe wrote:
Even with handicap, MBGC was reluctant to let my sister play.

They see her XMM. look her no up. then she BOOMZ. 220m down the fairway.

That girl in that photograph can hit 220m on her drive?????????? Shocked Shocked Shocked

What did your parents feed you guys man? I wanna have some too!! What a Face What a Face
Back to top Go down
daveaha
Course Marshal
Course Marshal

PostSubject: Re: Courses in Singapore that do not require handicaps on weekends   Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:45 pm

And yet you haven't see MC's Drive...

Ginseng every day ?
Back to top Go down
http://www.nufc.sg
Mizzman
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Courses in Singapore that do not require handicaps on weekends   Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:47 pm

daveaha wrote:
Mizzman, there's no harm to get a Malaysian or Indonesian handicap. Get it there, and you can transfer it to the local Singapore handicap eg MGK or MGC etc.

There's another thread about the handicap. I'll post it here if I have the time to search for it...

Thanks Dave...I think that's probably the route I'm going to take. It's quite sad having to "cheat" the system, but I've no choice given work committments. At least I can console myself in that I would be able to get a handicap normally if I did have the time.
Back to top Go down
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Courses in Singapore that do not require handicaps on weekends   Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:50 pm

normal stuff. but the TM burner did help alot. Razz a good pro too.

Anyway, get a malaysian HDCP, then transfer it to a local club, SSG or MGK. I strongly suggest to do this way ahead the expiry to buffer for screw ups.
Back to top Go down
Mizzman
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Courses in Singapore that do not require handicaps on weekends   Tue Dec 08, 2009 5:00 pm

mUAr_cHEe wrote:
normal stuff. but the TM burner did help alot. Razz a good pro too.

Anyway, get a malaysian HDCP, then transfer it to a local club, SSG or MGK. I strongly suggest to do this way ahead the expiry to buffer for screw ups.

Are you the good pro you're referring to? Very Happy

Ok I will take everyone's advice and start the arrangements to get my Msian handicap. I heard that SSG no longer accepts members unless you're referred by one of their existing members. Maybe I'll join the SGA golf club instead.
Back to top Go down
joe
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Courses in Singapore that do not require handicaps on weekends   Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:06 pm

What about OCC? I heard can take swing test as well.
Back to top Go down
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Courses in Singapore that do not require handicaps on weekends   Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:19 pm

Mizzman wrote:

i dun deserve the honour.
Back to top Go down
chemicalpro
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Courses in Singapore that do not require handicaps on weekends   Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:32 pm

joe wrote:

Yes, as of recently OCC has the swing test @ $10.70 valid for 1 month.
Back to top Go down
jaketang
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Courses in Singapore that do not require handicaps on weekends   Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:41 pm

mUAr_cHEe wrote:
Mizzman wrote:

Errr Mizzman, MC not far far from it liao...

outdrive quite a few pro... and juz fyi he is using shaft to shorten the drive... for more accuracy..... Shocked
Back to top Go down
Mizzman
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Courses in Singapore that do not require handicaps on weekends   Wed Dec 09, 2009 9:43 am

jaketang wrote:
mUAr_cHEe wrote:
Mizzman wrote:

Errr Mizzman, MC not far far from it liao...

outdrive quite a few pro... and juz fyi he is using shaft to shorten the drive... for more accuracy..... Shocked

Yup, from all the posts I gathered that MC is pretty much as good as a pro already Wink plus if his little sis can drive the ball 220m, I would think he'd be able to drive it 350m. Really hope to watch you guys play one day, and learn from you all.
Back to top Go down
joe
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Courses in Singapore that do not require handicaps on weekends   Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:02 am

chemicalpro wrote:
joe wrote:

Yes, as of recently OCC has the swing test @ $10.70 valid for 1 month.

That's not bad, valid for 1 month, MBGC is valid for 1 day only, although green fees differs by a bit.
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor

PostSubject: Re: Courses in Singapore that do not require handicaps on weekends   Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:03 am

MBGC's swing test is not only valid for a day. I think they have 2 categories. Better golfers have their validity for a month while average golfers have their validity for a day. CMIIW.

"A ball will always come to rest halfway down a hill, unless there is sand or water at the bottom." Henry Beard
Back to top Go down
first_timerz
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Courses in Singapore that do not require handicaps on weekends   Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:18 am

MBGC is cheaper than OCC liao lor...
Unless u r MGK... then OCC is cheaper than MBGC
Back to top Go down
agnes chung
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Courses in Singapore that do not require handicaps on weekends   Sat Jan 30, 2010 9:07 am

just like to ask...
well i like to play in Singapore.... but i dont had a handicap or pc in Singapore.... what i had is NGAP handicap issued in Manila, Philippines... can i use that to play in fairways that required handicap??? scratch
Back to top Go down
http://agneschung.blogspot.com/
alvin7379
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Courses in Singapore that do not require handicaps on weekends   Sat Jan 30, 2010 9:22 am

Hi Agnes,

Most if not all 18 holes courses here requires a H'cap to play. Different clubs may have different restriction on which H'cap they recognized. You can always call to check.

But the safest bet would be at MBGC, because even if they do not recognize your H'cap card, all you have to do is to pay an additional $10 for a swing test. (Basically just hit 2-3 balls using any iron of your choice infront of their in house coach to show that you can hit a ball) You will almost definitely pass... even if you were to shank or top the ball during the 'test'... heh
Back to top Go down
http://www.visualtech.com.sg
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Courses in Singapore that do not require handicaps on weekends   Sat Jan 30, 2010 9:26 am

agnes chung wrote:
just like to ask...
well i like to play in Singapore.... but i dont had a handicap or pc in Singapore.... what i had is NGAP handicap issued in Manila, Philippines... can i use that to play in fairways that required handicap??? scratch

My guess only but I guess they might accomodate you. Just last week I brought my Korean friend to MBGC. He did not even have a HC card with him but I told the MBGC guy that he is a teaching Pro. My friend showed him the Pro Card That guy contemplate for awhile and then said next time he must produced HC even if he is a Teaching Pro otherwise they will ask him to take the Proficiency Test. So I guess an oversea HC Card should be suffice enough. Worse to worse just have to pay $10 for the proficiency test. Take it as part of the Green Fees lor. Jusy my experience here.

Titu Swing good putt I HIT IT
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Courses in Singapore that do not require handicaps on weekends   Today at 4:15 pm

Back to top Go down

Courses in Singapore that do not require handicaps on weekends
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2