Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.
 
HomeFAQCalendarRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Laguna classics - worth the green fee?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Vrooooom2
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer


Posts : 119
Join date : 2013-06-10

PostSubject: Laguna classics - worth the green fee?   Mon Aug 11, 2014 3:21 pm

hi, the green fee for weekday is apparently $300+. wonder what the general view is - is it worth the money (a lot of it)?
Back to top Go down
golfool2009
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1313
Join date : 2010-06-14

PostSubject: Re: Laguna classics - worth the green fee?   Mon Aug 11, 2014 3:47 pm

I would recommend that you take the $300 and buy a camel.....take said camel and bury it in bishan park (i understand it's a popular place to practice golf).....leave the camel's humps exposed....shave the humps (i guess like #1 cut to simulate laguna greens)....this will be the exact experience you will face playing at the laguna classic.....

But don't take my word for it....i'm being bitchy cause the one time i played there, i played like crap and lost a record amount (for me, at least) to some GR bandits.....

But if you do listen to what i swear is my independent and unbiased view....call me...i know a guy who knows a guy who can get you a good deal on that camel......
Back to top Go down
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer


Posts : 5692
Join date : 2009-06-19
Age : 47
Location : Wild Wild West

PostSubject: Re: Laguna classics - worth the green fee?   Mon Aug 11, 2014 3:56 pm

golfool2009 wrote:
I would recommend that you take the $300 and buy a camel.....take said camel and bury it in bishan park (i understand it's a popular place to practice golf).....leave the camel's humps exposed....shave the humps (i guess like #1 cut to simulate laguna greens)....this will be the exact experience you will face playing at the laguna classic.....

But don't take my word for it....i'm being bitchy cause the one time i played there, i played like crap and lost a record amount (for me, at least) to some GR bandits.....

But if you do listen to what i swear is my independent and unbiased view....call me...i know a guy who knows a guy who can get you a good deal on that camel......

just when I told someone who knows this someone that is keen to jio u for a game at classic....
Back to top Go down
DKing
Caddy
Caddy


Posts : 435
Join date : 2011-12-01

PostSubject: Re: Laguna classics - worth the green fee?   Mon Aug 11, 2014 6:41 pm

Vrooooom2 wrote:
hi, the green fee for weekday is apparently $300+. wonder what the general view is - is it worth the money (a lot of it)?


Well, if you are already considering it.
It is worth just for trying it out.
Nicely maintained course.

Here's a tip;
Go on your best day and expect your worst score.
Back to top Go down
Vrooooom2
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer


Posts : 119
Join date : 2013-06-10

PostSubject: Re: Laguna classics - worth the green fee?   Mon Aug 11, 2014 6:52 pm

The camel story proves that camels are very useful for mankind. However, that as it may be, I guess other options are looking increasingly more attractive...cheers guy!
Back to top Go down
skybobo
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer


Posts : 828
Join date : 2009-08-26

PostSubject: Re: Laguna classics - worth the green fee?   Mon Aug 11, 2014 6:57 pm

Bro, if u are interested, let me know. We can form a flight. $210 only. Weekdays
Back to top Go down
chien
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1817
Join date : 2012-03-22

PostSubject: Re: Laguna classics - worth the green fee?   Mon Aug 11, 2014 8:20 pm

I personally think it's a nice course.  The greens are very well kept (at least for the last time I was there) and I love the flat n finely cut tee box.

Whether $300 is worth it totally depends on your willingness to spend. Some think $200 a week for car petrol is not worth it but to some it's normal.. If you have not played there before then I strongly advise getting hold of Skybobo brother here for a game there..

Lastly, the service at the cafe has improved tremendously and it's worth a visit too…

 cheers
Back to top Go down
haragolfer
Caddy
Caddy


Posts : 1659
Join date : 2010-12-02

PostSubject: Re: Laguna classics - worth the green fee?   Mon Aug 11, 2014 8:40 pm

A pro told me the first time he played there, his fellow flight mates, also sg pga pros, bet that he cannot break 80 on the first try. Being a sub 70 scorer, in disbelief, he nonchalantly agreed. And even upped the bet. 

He lost.
Back to top Go down
Birdman
Course Marshal
Course Marshal


Posts : 3798
Join date : 2009-10-09
Age : 51
Location : Wherever my feet take me....

PostSubject: Re: Laguna classics - worth the green fee?   Mon Aug 11, 2014 8:47 pm

If you don't bring your A game to play the World Classic, you will definitely feel that the green fee isn't worth it.

Having said that, even if you bring your A game to tackle the World Classic, it will still chew you up and grind your bones to powder to fill its hundreds of bunkers. But at least your wallet won't feel the pinch as much.  Very Happy

Speaking of bunkers, there are some half to one storey monsters here that make the MBGC bunkers look like a sandbox.

This is one course that will teach anyone to take their medicine. Heroes die a horribly mutilated death.  Stretcher


Last edited by Birdman on Mon Aug 11, 2014 8:57 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Kaii
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer


Posts : 204
Join date : 2014-07-28
Location : AMK

PostSubject: Re: Laguna classics - worth the green fee?   Mon Aug 11, 2014 8:51 pm

I remember years back when the local pros were in tournament there, none scored below 80. I played the next day n the some pins placement were at the edge near to the water.

The course is not long but narrow , u need to know where to place your ball to attack the pin.
Back to top Go down
pocketace
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 2087
Join date : 2009-11-30

PostSubject: Re: Laguna classics - worth the green fee?   Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:26 pm

It's not a course to pull out the driver at every par 4 or 5

If you like to strategise and think your way thru it's quite interesting layout 

Some super deep bunkers and unbelievably undulating greens are a huge challenge at times.

local knowledge is a great advantage

course condition is awesome and can easily rival Serapong in that respect

They have plans to make this course more 'playable'

If you wanna try it before they commence their project, now is perhaps the time... but oh, don't expect to shoot your personal best while you are at it  tongue
Back to top Go down
Online
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal


Posts : 10361
Join date : 2009-12-19
Age : 39

PostSubject: Re: Laguna classics - worth the green fee?   Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:35 pm

Birdman wrote:
If you don't bring your A game to play the World Classic, you will definitely feel that the green fee isn't worth it.

Having said that, even if you bring your A game to tackle the World Classic, it will still chew you up and grind your bones to powder to fill its hundreds of bunkers. But at least your wallet won't feel the pinch as much.  Very Happy

Speaking of bunkers, there are some half to one storey monsters here that make the MBGC bunkers look like a sandbox.

This is one course that will teach anyone to take their medicine. Heroes die a horribly mutilated death.  Stretcher

You that superhero who died? hahahhaa
Back to top Go down
uluangler
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 25
Join date : 2013-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Laguna classics - worth the green fee?   Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:42 pm

skybobo wrote:
Bro, if u are interested, let me know. We can form a flight. $210 only. Weekdays
I'll be interested in playing laguna, never played there before. Am available weekdays for a game.
Back to top Go down
Vrooooom2
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer


Posts : 119
Join date : 2013-06-10

PostSubject: Re: Laguna classics - worth the green fee?   Mon Aug 11, 2014 10:10 pm

How about this. Bro uluangler and I take up bro skybobo's offer. I can't play this week but next week is looking better for me. 

Bro skybobo's is there a restriction in no of players u can bring to enjoy the 210 green fee? My no is 82689989
Back to top Go down
Vrooooom2
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer


Posts : 119
Join date : 2013-06-10

PostSubject: Re: Laguna classics - worth the green fee?   Mon Aug 11, 2014 10:13 pm

Kinda looking forward to be tortured and slaughtered by the course. What an idiot, lol
Back to top Go down
Kaii
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer


Posts : 204
Join date : 2014-07-28
Location : AMK

PostSubject: Re: Laguna classics - worth the green fee?   Mon Aug 11, 2014 10:21 pm

haha we are all idiots with IBS chasing after a white ball
Back to top Go down
skybobo
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer


Posts : 828
Join date : 2009-08-26

PostSubject: Re: Laguna classics - worth the green fee?   Mon Aug 11, 2014 11:09 pm

I will keep u guys informed. Let me check okie.
Back to top Go down
skybobo
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer


Posts : 828
Join date : 2009-08-26

PostSubject: Re: Laguna classics - worth the green fee?   Mon Aug 11, 2014 11:19 pm

Vrooooom2 wrote:
How about this. Bro uluangler and I take up bro skybobo's offer. I can't play this week but next week is looking better for me. 

Bro skybobo's is there a restriction in no of players u can bring to enjoy the 210 green fee? My no is 82689989
Let's try Sept can? So far we have u and bro uluangler and also dreamer. Just nice can form a flight. 

The offer is pay the price of 2 balls for 3 balls. If I am not wrong, that is $640. So divide by 3, each player is around $213.

Will update. Thanks
Back to top Go down
mloy
Caddy
Caddy


Posts : 4560
Join date : 2009-09-11
Age : 87
Location : East

PostSubject: Re: Laguna classics - worth the green fee?   Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:14 am

skybobo wrote:
Vrooooom2 wrote:
How about this. Bro uluangler and I take up bro skybobo's offer. I can't play this week but next week is looking better for me. 

Bro skybobo's is there a restriction in no of players u can bring to enjoy the 210 green fee? My no is 82689989
Let's try Sept can? So far we have u and bro uluangler and also dreamer. Just nice can form a flight. 

The offer is pay the price of 2 balls for 3 balls. If I am not wrong, that is $640. So divide by 3, each player is around $213.

Will update. Thanks

Hmmmm... am thinking of trying the camel's back.  Laughing 

skybobo, how long is that offer till? Thanks.

_________________
Laughter is the best medicine
Back to top Go down
skybobo
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer


Posts : 828
Join date : 2009-08-26

PostSubject: Re: Laguna classics - worth the green fee?   Tue Aug 12, 2014 2:36 pm

Bro Uluangler, Vroooom2, Dreamer,

Ok the offer is confirmed.
Golfing Kakis Specials - World Classis Course
Enjoy a flight with 3 guests at the World Classic Course for just S$640! Price is inclusive of green fee, buggy fee and a cooler box.
Valid from Tuesday to Friday, except public holiday.

http://www.lagunanational.com/wn/

Shall we target a weekday in Sep say Fri 19 Sep for a game?
Back to top Go down
skybobo
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer


Posts : 828
Join date : 2009-08-26

PostSubject: Re: Laguna classics - worth the green fee?   Tue Aug 12, 2014 2:38 pm

mloy wrote:
skybobo wrote:
Vrooooom2 wrote:
How about this. Bro uluangler and I take up bro skybobo's offer. I can't play this week but next week is looking better for me. 

Bro skybobo's is there a restriction in no of players u can bring to enjoy the 210 green fee? My no is 82689989
Let's try Sept can? So far we have u and bro uluangler and also dreamer. Just nice can form a flight. 

The offer is pay the price of 2 balls for 3 balls. If I am not wrong, that is $640. So divide by 3, each player is around $213.

Will update. Thanks

Hmmmm... am thinking of trying the camel's back.  Laughing 

skybobo, how long is that offer till? Thanks.

Sis, I'm not sure.  But from the look of it, it should be until end of the year at least.
Back to top Go down
uluangler
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 25
Join date : 2013-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Laguna classics - worth the green fee?   Tue Aug 12, 2014 2:40 pm

I'm ok with 19th Sep.
Fridays are ok for me, end aug, early sep also ok.
Morning or afternoon?
Back to top Go down
TimLai
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer


Posts : 172
Join date : 2013-04-25
Location : East

PostSubject: Re: Laguna classics - worth the green fee?   Tue Aug 12, 2014 2:52 pm

anyone keen on sunday afternoon game?
Master $200
Back to top Go down
skybobo
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer


Posts : 828
Join date : 2009-08-26

PostSubject: Re: Laguna classics - worth the green fee?   Tue Aug 12, 2014 3:47 pm

uluangler wrote:
I'm ok with 19th Sep.
Fridays are ok for me, end aug, early sep also ok.
Morning or afternoon?
Morning game.  Let's wait for the other 2 bros whether they are ok.
Back to top Go down
Vrooooom2
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer


Posts : 119
Join date : 2013-06-10

PostSubject: Re: Laguna classics - worth the green fee?   Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:52 pm

Ok with 19th. Afternoon preferred
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Laguna classics - worth the green fee?   Today at 5:54 am

Back to top Go down
 
Laguna classics - worth the green fee?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Laguna classics - worth the green fee?
» Sign up for the Golf Asia Challenge 2012 @ Ria Bintan & Get a Goodie Bag worth over $200!
» AimPoint Green Reading Express Classes - Coming to Laguna National
» Are Talon Hubs, Excel spokes and rims worth the money?
» COMPETITIONS - 5 Nike Method Putters and Ria Bintan Green Fee Vouchers Giveaway!!

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic :: The Clubhouse :: Golf Talk-
Jump to:  
Friends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf Republic
Copyright © 2009 Golf Republic. All Rights Reserved.