Super Active Golfer
Posts : 1820
Join date : 2012-03-22
|Subject: Charity Game Feedback Wed Sep 17, 2014 5:19 pm|| |
I was asked to help organize a charity golf game for a children home.. Instead of spending valuable dollars to engage an events company, we decided to organize the event out of our own personal time and on absolute voluntary basis..
We would appreciate some feedback from you guys...
1. How much would you be willing to pay per player for the Charity Game?
2. Do you prefer morning or afternoon tee off even though most of the events are held in the evenings..?
3. Do you mind if it's held at public courses like MBGC or NSRCC ? Or you would only attend if it's at Raffles CC or OCC etc?
Very Active Golfer
Posts : 828
Join date : 2009-08-26
|Subject: Re: Charity Game Feedback Wed Sep 17, 2014 6:18 pm|| |
Bro Chien, my 2 cents
1. Depends on the course. The more prestige the course, the more one is willing to pay. I think $300 to $500 per ball since a normal weekday game will cost around $100+
2. Since the event is evening, afternoon tee off is reasonable. Having said that I personally prefer morning tee off as most of the time, shower comes in the afternoon. If morning tee off, then conclude with a lunch
3. Personally I prefer tmcc or sentosa....the kind of course which u seldom get a chance to play
Very Active Golfer
Posts : 643
Join date : 2009-07-10
|Subject: Re: Charity Game Feedback Wed Sep 17, 2014 7:44 pm|| |
My opinion :
1. If target is individual, 200 to 250 per ball. Too high not many takers as a min balls will be required for some bookings. Corporate can charge higher...
2. If got dinner n simple reception after golf, better to be pm.
3. Private course preferred .
Cheers..... wish u good success for this event..
Last edited by hillgreen on Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Posts : 59
Join date : 2013-07-21
|Subject: Re: Charity Game Feedback Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:49 pm|| |
1. Depends on a few things including the day you hold the game, time, which course and how much they charge and who is your target crowd. Heard of charity games at 5k per flight. I think the game should be on a Saturday. Reasonable to charge about 300 per golfer or maybe 1100 per flight but this really depends on where you are having it.
2. So Saturday. Registration at 11 plus. At least parents got time to settle the kids stuff and errands in the morning. Light lunch of sandwiches, fried rice, and the usual light buffet stuff (har Gao, siew Mai etc.). Most clubs would be able to cordon off an area at the cafe for you. Can ask for dedicated registration etc. Tee off at about 1pm. If the course can spare that for you then shotgun start if you have enough flights or start on holes 1 and 10. Remember water and bananas for the carts and must think whether halfway house bill on you or on individual golfer (suggest on them).
All followed by shower and buffet dinner with free flow of cold beer. No need show or other entertainment, just relax and talk cock. Can slideshow pics taken earlier.
Btw, good to have novelty games during the day and some trophies at the end to keep the golfers excited. Then during dinner can give the trophies and also anounce how much raised and pass money (the big cheque thing) to the charity.
Btw can ask the club for free 1 flight or more depending on how many flights you have.
3. Basically, golfers attending this want to enjoy an easy course and guess what? So do members of the club! So end up you will get the tough course. Palm course at Raffles is like that, OCC got 2 full time 9 and one part time one. I dun think MBGC will close the course for you on weekend. Basically you probably got to go for a place that has 2 courses so that their members can play at the same time unless you want weekday (not really preferred). All depends on how big your event is.
Sorry wrote so much :p All the best!
Posts : 103
Join date : 2009-12-15
|Subject: Re: Charity Game Feedback Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:18 am|| |
1) For Corporate, usually the company will invite vendors to bid to play with key executives. The fees can go as high as $5000-10000 per flight. For individuals, it is probably $300-$500 for weekday.
2) I prefer morning golf. But for events like this, it makes sense to be in afternoon so that you can end with a gala dinner and prize presentation and cheques presentation etc.... People will also feel relax to end late as compared to a morning golf with afternoon lunch.
3) I guess most people will prefer exclusive/premium courses. But those are subject to availability and the fees may have to be higher. I think I dont mind paying $300-500 for OCC, RCC, JCC.
Posts : 55
Join date : 2013-03-07
|Subject: Re: Charity Game Feedback Fri Sep 19, 2014 8:45 pm|| |
Fm what I heard, RCC doesn't charge very high for golf events (esp if u hv mbr booking it for u) so u can hv more money going to the charity. For individuals, I feel $200-$300 per ball is acceptable (game + dinner).
Can also add in penalties (eg $2 for every hit into bunker), then this money donate to charity.
|Subject: Re: Charity Game Feedback || |
Total Donation till date to
Autism Association (SG): S$46,285
|» Honda LPGA Thailand Preview, Pairings, and Much More.|
by tonyj5 Today at 2:14 am
» Beginners' game for high handicappers...
by dayveed Yesterday at 11:06 pm
» Golfing Lab Ria Bintan Golf Camp in March 2017
by Jade18 Sat Feb 25, 2017 7:24 pm
» my golf kaki - Whatsapp group chat
by peterkltay Sat Feb 25, 2017 4:15 pm
» Sembawang weekend golfer
by dayveed Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:41 pm
» Need help with MBGC booking system
by billcoke Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:02 am
» Newbie usually at BB
by issey999 Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:51 am
» Looking for good golf coach
by Bernie Tan Golf Coach Tue Feb 21, 2017 2:29 pm
» Most Popular Photos of the Year - 2016
by tonyj5 Tue Feb 21, 2017 1:44 am
» Coach for a complete beginner
by alfis Mon Feb 20, 2017 2:05 pm
» Thana City & Muang Keaw (Bangkok)
by Noriki Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:50 am
» ISPS Handa Women's Australian Open Preview, Pairings, and More
by Ant Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:06 am
» Newbie 2017
by izzx11 Sun Feb 19, 2017 4:57 pm
» Hello Everyone! :)
by dariustanbr Sat Feb 18, 2017 6:49 pm
» hi - new to forum
by dayveed Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:03 pm
» Ria Bintan's FIRST ANNIVERSARY Promotion!
by colin2011 Wed Feb 15, 2017 10:26 am
» Ria Bintan Golf Club
by sebastianlim Sat Feb 11, 2017 9:04 am
» Solheim Cup Update: U.S. Players Fighting For Remaining Spot
by tonyj5 Wed Feb 08, 2017 6:42 am
» 3D golf course mapping / rendering
by stormriders99 Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:47 am
» ELS Desaru Promotion Rate by me
by famacdonald Mon Feb 06, 2017 4:58 pm
» Green Horn with regular practise
by hockie1992 Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:23 am
» LPGA Player Profile: Brittany Lincicome
by tonyj50 Mon Feb 06, 2017 4:13 am
» How Good Are This Year's LPGA Rookies?
by tonyj50 Tue Jan 31, 2017 8:52 pm
» Brittany Lincicome Wins, Nelly Korda Shines!
by tonyj50 Mon Jan 30, 2017 8:47 am
» Pure Silk LPGA Classic Preview, Pairings, and More.
by tonyj50 Sun Jan 29, 2017 4:02 pm
» Looking for a set of beginner golf clubs
by zhiming1 Fri Jan 27, 2017 10:29 pm
» tanjong puteri B/C course gt sell balls?
by angeldogleslie Fri Jan 27, 2017 11:24 am
» Struggling with the golf swing
by Kaii Wed Jan 25, 2017 8:28 pm
» jap coach in TPY range
by kevlye Wed Jan 25, 2017 2:00 pm
» Anyone tried using 44.5" driver shaft??
by willytan Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:59 pm
» Which courses to play in Mission Hills, Shenzhen or Haikou?
by Nomad Mon Jan 23, 2017 4:39 pm
» Mizuno Iron
by mizunoshen Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:19 am
» LPGA Profile: So Yeon Ryu
by tonyj50 Fri Jan 20, 2017 3:51 pm
» SMBC Open TaylorMade launch
by Darrentay Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:23 pm
» How to fix erratic game?
by matoonia Thu Jan 19, 2017 3:30 pm
» SMBC Sentosa 19 - 22 January 2017
by kop Tue Jan 17, 2017 1:54 pm
» My Top 40 Player of the Year Predictions for 2017
by tonyj50 Tue Jan 17, 2017 6:33 am
» Beginner Golfer
by dayveed Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:32 am
by Noriki Thu Jan 12, 2017 3:49 pm
» Ten Questions for the 2017 Season
by tonyj50 Thu Jan 12, 2017 7:40 am
» YouTube Golf Channel (by Yaozza)
by mizunoshen Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:47 pm
» New member
by Chelwin Mon Jan 09, 2017 3:57 pm
» kids to learn golf
by Bernie Tan Golf Coach Sat Jan 07, 2017 1:29 pm
» Best credit card benefits for golf
by Titlelisten Fri Jan 06, 2017 6:09 pm
» Sunday Morning NSRCC Kranji 853am (18 dec)
by dayveed Wed Jan 04, 2017 11:37 pm