Super Active Golfer
Posts : 1817
Join date : 2012-03-22
|Subject: Charity Game Feedback Wed Sep 17, 2014 5:19 pm|| |
I was asked to help organize a charity golf game for a children home.. Instead of spending valuable dollars to engage an events company, we decided to organize the event out of our own personal time and on absolute voluntary basis..
We would appreciate some feedback from you guys...
1. How much would you be willing to pay per player for the Charity Game?
2. Do you prefer morning or afternoon tee off even though most of the events are held in the evenings..?
3. Do you mind if it's held at public courses like MBGC or NSRCC ? Or you would only attend if it's at Raffles CC or OCC etc?
Very Active Golfer
Posts : 828
Join date : 2009-08-26
|Subject: Re: Charity Game Feedback Wed Sep 17, 2014 6:18 pm|| |
Bro Chien, my 2 cents
1. Depends on the course. The more prestige the course, the more one is willing to pay. I think $300 to $500 per ball since a normal weekday game will cost around $100+
2. Since the event is evening, afternoon tee off is reasonable. Having said that I personally prefer morning tee off as most of the time, shower comes in the afternoon. If morning tee off, then conclude with a lunch
3. Personally I prefer tmcc or sentosa....the kind of course which u seldom get a chance to play
Very Active Golfer
Posts : 643
Join date : 2009-07-10
|Subject: Re: Charity Game Feedback Wed Sep 17, 2014 7:44 pm|| |
My opinion :
1. If target is individual, 200 to 250 per ball. Too high not many takers as a min balls will be required for some bookings. Corporate can charge higher...
2. If got dinner n simple reception after golf, better to be pm.
3. Private course preferred .
Cheers..... wish u good success for this event..
Last edited by hillgreen on Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Posts : 59
Join date : 2013-07-21
|Subject: Re: Charity Game Feedback Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:49 pm|| |
1. Depends on a few things including the day you hold the game, time, which course and how much they charge and who is your target crowd. Heard of charity games at 5k per flight. I think the game should be on a Saturday. Reasonable to charge about 300 per golfer or maybe 1100 per flight but this really depends on where you are having it.
2. So Saturday. Registration at 11 plus. At least parents got time to settle the kids stuff and errands in the morning. Light lunch of sandwiches, fried rice, and the usual light buffet stuff (har Gao, siew Mai etc.). Most clubs would be able to cordon off an area at the cafe for you. Can ask for dedicated registration etc. Tee off at about 1pm. If the course can spare that for you then shotgun start if you have enough flights or start on holes 1 and 10. Remember water and bananas for the carts and must think whether halfway house bill on you or on individual golfer (suggest on them).
All followed by shower and buffet dinner with free flow of cold beer. No need show or other entertainment, just relax and talk cock. Can slideshow pics taken earlier.
Btw, good to have novelty games during the day and some trophies at the end to keep the golfers excited. Then during dinner can give the trophies and also anounce how much raised and pass money (the big cheque thing) to the charity.
Btw can ask the club for free 1 flight or more depending on how many flights you have.
3. Basically, golfers attending this want to enjoy an easy course and guess what? So do members of the club! So end up you will get the tough course. Palm course at Raffles is like that, OCC got 2 full time 9 and one part time one. I dun think MBGC will close the course for you on weekend. Basically you probably got to go for a place that has 2 courses so that their members can play at the same time unless you want weekday (not really preferred). All depends on how big your event is.
Sorry wrote so much :p All the best!
Posts : 103
Join date : 2009-12-15
|Subject: Re: Charity Game Feedback Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:18 am|| |
1) For Corporate, usually the company will invite vendors to bid to play with key executives. The fees can go as high as $5000-10000 per flight. For individuals, it is probably $300-$500 for weekday.
2) I prefer morning golf. But for events like this, it makes sense to be in afternoon so that you can end with a gala dinner and prize presentation and cheques presentation etc.... People will also feel relax to end late as compared to a morning golf with afternoon lunch.
3) I guess most people will prefer exclusive/premium courses. But those are subject to availability and the fees may have to be higher. I think I dont mind paying $300-500 for OCC, RCC, JCC.
Posts : 55
Join date : 2013-03-07
|Subject: Re: Charity Game Feedback Fri Sep 19, 2014 8:45 pm|| |
Fm what I heard, RCC doesn't charge very high for golf events (esp if u hv mbr booking it for u) so u can hv more money going to the charity. For individuals, I feel $200-$300 per ball is acceptable (game + dinner).
Can also add in penalties (eg $2 for every hit into bunker), then this money donate to charity.
|Subject: Re: Charity Game Feedback Today at 3:57 am|| |
Total Donation till date to
Autism Association (SG): S$46,285
|» Looking for a set of beginner golf clubs|
by splaash2 Yesterday at 10:24 pm
» Saturday 3 Dec, 839 Navy, NSRCC Changi
by andrew-golf Yesterday at 11:29 am
» Changing of Grip...
by A Senior Yesterday at 10:54 am
» LPGA Announces 2017 Schedule. Four New Events.
by tonyj50 Thu Dec 01, 2016 7:42 am
» Morning game at Sembawang 2nd Dec
by ancient warrior Wed Nov 30, 2016 12:13 pm
» LPGA Qualifying School Tournament - Final Stage!
by tonyj50 Wed Nov 30, 2016 6:31 am
» 2 Ladies looking for 2 more kakis at Bintan on Dec 3
by dayveed Wed Nov 30, 2016 1:27 am
» Mizuno Owners Thread - Soft and Buttery
by Nealwong Wed Nov 30, 2016 12:54 am
» Citibank Prestige Card members
by TigaWood Tue Nov 29, 2016 9:56 pm
» Yamaha Classic Iron
by Yxgolfing Tue Nov 29, 2016 8:20 pm
» New member
by Yxgolfing Tue Nov 29, 2016 8:14 pm
» StarHill Country Club
by Bernie Tan Golf Coach Tue Nov 29, 2016 4:32 pm
» Club Glove - The Stiff Arm
by Nealwong Tue Nov 29, 2016 1:30 pm
» Anyone played Austin hills Cc recently?
by Nealwong Tue Nov 29, 2016 1:10 pm
» WTS: BNIB iPad Pro 128GB WiFi Gold
by aling Sun Nov 27, 2016 9:43 am
» ELS Desaru Promotion Rate by me
by Prestige Teh Thu Nov 24, 2016 9:37 pm
» YouTube Golf Channel (by Yaozza)
by yaozza07 Thu Nov 24, 2016 4:46 pm
» Rating the 2016 LPGA Rookies - Final Analysis
by tonyj50 Thu Nov 24, 2016 4:45 am
» Non authetic golf pride grips
by Yxgolfing Tue Nov 22, 2016 7:23 pm
» Stats & Facts - Vol. 31.....2016 Finale. Whats Next?
by tonyj50 Tue Nov 22, 2016 5:42 am
» CME Group Tour Championship Preview, Pairings, and Lots More.
by tonyj50 Mon Nov 21, 2016 11:18 am
» Shot tracer app
by Daztasiumz Sat Nov 19, 2016 4:14 pm
» LPGA Announces New Tournament in Scotland!!
by tonyj50 Sat Nov 19, 2016 4:04 am
» Short Game Performance School @ Marina Bay GC and AimPoint Green Reading Classes @ NSRCC Changi, Singapore November 26th-27th
by SGGolfCoaching Thu Nov 17, 2016 9:13 pm
» Regular Weekend NSRCC games
by andrew-golf Thu Nov 17, 2016 3:45 pm
» Paula Creamer Parts Ways With Longtime Caddie!
by tonyj50 Thu Nov 17, 2016 8:21 am
» LPGA Announces New Tournament in New Zealand
by tonyj50 Thu Nov 17, 2016 6:48 am
» Lorena Ochoa Invitational Preview, Pairings, and Much More
by tonyj50 Mon Nov 14, 2016 8:16 am
» review on Renovated Laguna Bintan
by pocketace Sat Nov 12, 2016 10:45 pm
» Deemples - golf app to find golfers to play golf!
by dayveed Sat Nov 12, 2016 3:55 am
» Titleist 716 AP1 user please come in.
by Chunky Munky Fri Nov 11, 2016 3:59 pm
» Newbie looking for female khakis to play at Mandai executive course
by Bernie Tan Golf Coach Thu Nov 10, 2016 2:00 pm
» Beginners' game for high handicappers...
by izzx11 Wed Nov 09, 2016 2:57 pm
» Sembawang weekend golfer
by hometeamWill Wed Nov 09, 2016 12:50 pm
» Costcos Kirkland signature golf balls
by Daztasiumz Tue Nov 08, 2016 10:32 pm
» Friendship Golf on 4 Dec 2016
by desmondsoh Mon Nov 07, 2016 2:10 pm
» NSRCC Member List
by greenhacker Mon Nov 07, 2016 11:43 am
» Toto Japan Classic Preview, Pairings, and Much More.
by tonyj50 Sun Nov 06, 2016 4:50 pm
» Snell golf balls
by equin0x Sat Nov 05, 2016 6:51 pm
» SOLD : WTS Taylormade Rocketbladez Graphite 8 Irons (5-PAS) Japan Spec
by kim001 Sat Nov 05, 2016 5:09 pm
» New Guy
by hometeamWill Sat Nov 05, 2016 9:20 am
» Golfing in Johor Bahru,Malaysia
by dayveed Sat Nov 05, 2016 12:53 am
» Cobra Bio Cell+ FW
by artchang00 Tue Nov 01, 2016 11:40 am
» OCC Tuesday Morning Game
by dayveed Sun Oct 30, 2016 11:15 pm
» Sime Darby LPGA Malaysia Preview, Pairings, and Much More.
by tonyj50 Sun Oct 30, 2016 3:47 pm