Super Active Golfer
Posts : 1826
Join date : 2012-03-22
|Subject: Charity Game Feedback Wed Sep 17, 2014 5:19 pm|| |
I was asked to help organize a charity golf game for a children home.. Instead of spending valuable dollars to engage an events company, we decided to organize the event out of our own personal time and on absolute voluntary basis..
We would appreciate some feedback from you guys...
1. How much would you be willing to pay per player for the Charity Game?
2. Do you prefer morning or afternoon tee off even though most of the events are held in the evenings..?
3. Do you mind if it's held at public courses like MBGC or NSRCC ? Or you would only attend if it's at Raffles CC or OCC etc?
Very Active Golfer
Posts : 828
Join date : 2009-08-26
|Subject: Re: Charity Game Feedback Wed Sep 17, 2014 6:18 pm|| |
Bro Chien, my 2 cents
1. Depends on the course. The more prestige the course, the more one is willing to pay. I think $300 to $500 per ball since a normal weekday game will cost around $100+
2. Since the event is evening, afternoon tee off is reasonable. Having said that I personally prefer morning tee off as most of the time, shower comes in the afternoon. If morning tee off, then conclude with a lunch
3. Personally I prefer tmcc or sentosa....the kind of course which u seldom get a chance to play
Very Active Golfer
Posts : 643
Join date : 2009-07-10
|Subject: Re: Charity Game Feedback Wed Sep 17, 2014 7:44 pm|| |
My opinion :
1. If target is individual, 200 to 250 per ball. Too high not many takers as a min balls will be required for some bookings. Corporate can charge higher...
2. If got dinner n simple reception after golf, better to be pm.
3. Private course preferred .
Cheers..... wish u good success for this event..
Last edited by hillgreen on Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Posts : 59
Join date : 2013-07-21
|Subject: Re: Charity Game Feedback Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:49 pm|| |
1. Depends on a few things including the day you hold the game, time, which course and how much they charge and who is your target crowd. Heard of charity games at 5k per flight. I think the game should be on a Saturday. Reasonable to charge about 300 per golfer or maybe 1100 per flight but this really depends on where you are having it.
2. So Saturday. Registration at 11 plus. At least parents got time to settle the kids stuff and errands in the morning. Light lunch of sandwiches, fried rice, and the usual light buffet stuff (har Gao, siew Mai etc.). Most clubs would be able to cordon off an area at the cafe for you. Can ask for dedicated registration etc. Tee off at about 1pm. If the course can spare that for you then shotgun start if you have enough flights or start on holes 1 and 10. Remember water and bananas for the carts and must think whether halfway house bill on you or on individual golfer (suggest on them).
All followed by shower and buffet dinner with free flow of cold beer. No need show or other entertainment, just relax and talk cock. Can slideshow pics taken earlier.
Btw, good to have novelty games during the day and some trophies at the end to keep the golfers excited. Then during dinner can give the trophies and also anounce how much raised and pass money (the big cheque thing) to the charity.
Btw can ask the club for free 1 flight or more depending on how many flights you have.
3. Basically, golfers attending this want to enjoy an easy course and guess what? So do members of the club! So end up you will get the tough course. Palm course at Raffles is like that, OCC got 2 full time 9 and one part time one. I dun think MBGC will close the course for you on weekend. Basically you probably got to go for a place that has 2 courses so that their members can play at the same time unless you want weekday (not really preferred). All depends on how big your event is.
Sorry wrote so much :p All the best!
Posts : 103
Join date : 2009-12-15
|Subject: Re: Charity Game Feedback Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:18 am|| |
1) For Corporate, usually the company will invite vendors to bid to play with key executives. The fees can go as high as $5000-10000 per flight. For individuals, it is probably $300-$500 for weekday.
2) I prefer morning golf. But for events like this, it makes sense to be in afternoon so that you can end with a gala dinner and prize presentation and cheques presentation etc.... People will also feel relax to end late as compared to a morning golf with afternoon lunch.
3) I guess most people will prefer exclusive/premium courses. But those are subject to availability and the fees may have to be higher. I think I dont mind paying $300-500 for OCC, RCC, JCC.
Posts : 55
Join date : 2013-03-07
|Subject: Re: Charity Game Feedback Fri Sep 19, 2014 8:45 pm|| |
Fm what I heard, RCC doesn't charge very high for golf events (esp if u hv mbr booking it for u) so u can hv more money going to the charity. For individuals, I feel $200-$300 per ball is acceptable (game + dinner).
Can also add in penalties (eg $2 for every hit into bunker), then this money donate to charity.
|Subject: Re: Charity Game Feedback || |
Total Donation till date to
Autism Association (SG): S$46,285
|» Texas Shootout Preview, Pairings, and More|
by tonyj5 Today at 3:20 am
» jBeam TD 450 Driver = my investment for 2016
by Sean Lim Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:00 pm
» Forgiving Clubs
by Sean Lim Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:29 pm
» LPGA Player Profile: Natalie Gulbis (Photos)
by tonyj5 Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:20 am
» Rolex Rankings Movers of the Year 2017 - Part 1
by tonyj5 Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:39 am
» AimPoint Express Green Reading Classes Level 1-2 & Level 3 Advanced @ Marina Bay Golf Course April 22nd 2017
by SGGolfCoaching Sun Apr 16, 2017 7:53 pm
» Lotte Championship Preview, Pairings, and More.
by tonyj5 Sun Apr 16, 2017 4:08 pm
» Hello my fellow golfers
by willytan Fri Apr 14, 2017 6:35 am
» 30 IN 30
by Titleist Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:01 am
» Tanah Merah or Seletar membership?
by chien Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:19 pm
» Pulai Springs
by Sandypar Sun Apr 09, 2017 12:34 pm
» The Masters 2017
by Daztasiumz Fri Apr 07, 2017 5:05 pm
» OCC term member
by dayveed Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:04 am
» Deemples - golf app to find golfers to play golf!
by dayveed Fri Apr 07, 2017 10:56 am
» LPGA Player Profile: Hee Young Park
by tonyj5 Fri Apr 07, 2017 3:44 am
» Beginners' game for high handicappers...
by A.A.A.A.A.A. Thu Apr 06, 2017 2:15 pm
» my golf kaki - Whatsapp group chat
by AidenLim Wed Apr 05, 2017 4:01 pm
» 2016 TM M1 or 2017 Cobra F7?
by One4ram Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:52 am
» Sembawang weekend golfer
by dayveed Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:48 pm
» Lexi Thompson Assessed 4 Stroke Penalty, Loses Championship in Playoff!
by dimpledgolfball Tue Apr 04, 2017 6:07 pm
» Swing Caddie SC-100 Portable Launch Monitor Review (SAT collection 1205pm delay 20 mins)
by One4ram Tue Apr 04, 2017 4:56 pm
» Surprises and Disappointments 2017 - Part 1
by tonyj5 Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:23 am
» ANA Inspiration Preview, Pairings, and More
by pocketace Mon Apr 03, 2017 12:04 pm
» EVNROLL Putter
by Kaii Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:50 pm
» Looking for good golf coach
by corncrop Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:14 pm
» Golf in Dong Mo, Vietnam
by golftour365 Thu Mar 30, 2017 5:05 pm
» YouTube Golf Channel (by Yaozza)
by yaozza07 Thu Mar 30, 2017 4:32 pm
» Hello everyone :)
by Bernie Tan Golf Coach Mon Mar 27, 2017 5:01 pm
» Kia Classic Preview, Pairings, and Much More!
by tonyj5 Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:15 am
» Golf in Cebu
by freedrop Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:43 am
» Titleist Trial Days & Titleist Thursdays
by Titleist Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:57 pm
» Bank of Hope Founders Cup Preview, Pairings, and More
by tonyj5 Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:09 am
» Restoration of Scotty putters
by vivavic Sun Mar 19, 2017 2:25 pm
» Golf sunscreen is a part of your equipment. Why are you not using the best?
by golfersskinsingapore Sun Mar 19, 2017 12:57 pm
» LPGA Player Profile: Belen Mozo (Photos)
by tonyj5 Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:48 am
» JDM clubs - Worth it?
by willytan Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:05 pm
» Driving range to play on grass
by danielleecm Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:08 am
» Golf Bag Custom Embroidery
by montageme Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:38 am
» Stats & Facts Vol 32 - Fast Starts (and much more)
by tonyj5 Mon Mar 06, 2017 9:56 am
» HSBC Women's Champions Preview, Pairings, and Much More
by tonyj5 Sun Mar 05, 2017 4:33 pm
» Paula Creamer Parts Ways With Longtime Caddie!
by tonyj5 Sun Mar 05, 2017 1:10 am
» NSRCC ordinary membership...pls advise
by equin0x Fri Mar 03, 2017 8:49 pm
» How much is Ping Crossover?
by billcoke Fri Mar 03, 2017 1:41 pm
» Kranji weekday voucher
by coe16arg Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:20 pm
» Honda LPGA Thailand Preview, Pairings, and Much More.
by tonyj5 Mon Feb 27, 2017 2:14 am