Super Active Golfer
Posts : 1813
Join date : 2012-03-22
|Subject: Charity Game Feedback Wed Sep 17, 2014 5:19 pm|| |
I was asked to help organize a charity golf game for a children home.. Instead of spending valuable dollars to engage an events company, we decided to organize the event out of our own personal time and on absolute voluntary basis..
We would appreciate some feedback from you guys...
1. How much would you be willing to pay per player for the Charity Game?
2. Do you prefer morning or afternoon tee off even though most of the events are held in the evenings..?
3. Do you mind if it's held at public courses like MBGC or NSRCC ? Or you would only attend if it's at Raffles CC or OCC etc?
Very Active Golfer
Posts : 828
Join date : 2009-08-26
|Subject: Re: Charity Game Feedback Wed Sep 17, 2014 6:18 pm|| |
Bro Chien, my 2 cents
1. Depends on the course. The more prestige the course, the more one is willing to pay. I think $300 to $500 per ball since a normal weekday game will cost around $100+
2. Since the event is evening, afternoon tee off is reasonable. Having said that I personally prefer morning tee off as most of the time, shower comes in the afternoon. If morning tee off, then conclude with a lunch
3. Personally I prefer tmcc or sentosa....the kind of course which u seldom get a chance to play
Very Active Golfer
Posts : 643
Join date : 2009-07-10
|Subject: Re: Charity Game Feedback Wed Sep 17, 2014 7:44 pm|| |
My opinion :
1. If target is individual, 200 to 250 per ball. Too high not many takers as a min balls will be required for some bookings. Corporate can charge higher...
2. If got dinner n simple reception after golf, better to be pm.
3. Private course preferred .
Cheers..... wish u good success for this event..
Last edited by hillgreen on Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Posts : 59
Join date : 2013-07-21
|Subject: Re: Charity Game Feedback Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:49 pm|| |
1. Depends on a few things including the day you hold the game, time, which course and how much they charge and who is your target crowd. Heard of charity games at 5k per flight. I think the game should be on a Saturday. Reasonable to charge about 300 per golfer or maybe 1100 per flight but this really depends on where you are having it.
2. So Saturday. Registration at 11 plus. At least parents got time to settle the kids stuff and errands in the morning. Light lunch of sandwiches, fried rice, and the usual light buffet stuff (har Gao, siew Mai etc.). Most clubs would be able to cordon off an area at the cafe for you. Can ask for dedicated registration etc. Tee off at about 1pm. If the course can spare that for you then shotgun start if you have enough flights or start on holes 1 and 10. Remember water and bananas for the carts and must think whether halfway house bill on you or on individual golfer (suggest on them).
All followed by shower and buffet dinner with free flow of cold beer. No need show or other entertainment, just relax and talk cock. Can slideshow pics taken earlier.
Btw, good to have novelty games during the day and some trophies at the end to keep the golfers excited. Then during dinner can give the trophies and also anounce how much raised and pass money (the big cheque thing) to the charity.
Btw can ask the club for free 1 flight or more depending on how many flights you have.
3. Basically, golfers attending this want to enjoy an easy course and guess what? So do members of the club! So end up you will get the tough course. Palm course at Raffles is like that, OCC got 2 full time 9 and one part time one. I dun think MBGC will close the course for you on weekend. Basically you probably got to go for a place that has 2 courses so that their members can play at the same time unless you want weekday (not really preferred). All depends on how big your event is.
Sorry wrote so much :p All the best!
Posts : 103
Join date : 2009-12-15
|Subject: Re: Charity Game Feedback Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:18 am|| |
1) For Corporate, usually the company will invite vendors to bid to play with key executives. The fees can go as high as $5000-10000 per flight. For individuals, it is probably $300-$500 for weekday.
2) I prefer morning golf. But for events like this, it makes sense to be in afternoon so that you can end with a gala dinner and prize presentation and cheques presentation etc.... People will also feel relax to end late as compared to a morning golf with afternoon lunch.
3) I guess most people will prefer exclusive/premium courses. But those are subject to availability and the fees may have to be higher. I think I dont mind paying $300-500 for OCC, RCC, JCC.
Posts : 55
Join date : 2013-03-07
|Subject: Re: Charity Game Feedback Fri Sep 19, 2014 8:45 pm|| |
Fm what I heard, RCC doesn't charge very high for golf events (esp if u hv mbr booking it for u) so u can hv more money going to the charity. For individuals, I feel $200-$300 per ball is acceptable (game + dinner).
Can also add in penalties (eg $2 for every hit into bunker), then this money donate to charity.
|Subject: Re: Charity Game Feedback Today at 6:07 am|| |
Total Donation till date to
Autism Association (SG): S$46,285
|» Port Klang|
by jmchan Yesterday at 10:01 pm
» Blue Bay LPGA Preview, Pairings and More.
by tonyj50 Yesterday at 4:16 pm
» jBeam TD 450 Driver = my investment for 2016
by andrew-golf Sat Oct 22, 2016 6:31 pm
» A True LPGA Legend Retires: Farewell to Se Ri Pak.
by tonyj50 Fri Oct 21, 2016 7:01 am
» Sembawang weekend golfer
by dayveed Thu Oct 20, 2016 10:59 am
» Titleist 917
by Sean Lim Thu Oct 20, 2016 10:47 am
» Customise belt buckle
by kop Thu Oct 20, 2016 9:33 am
» Micro Range at Turf Club
by rt Thu Oct 20, 2016 8:14 am
» Golf bags - OnOff vs Titleist
by willytan Wed Oct 19, 2016 9:37 pm
» NSRCC Member List
by Oozingmachizmo007 Tue Oct 18, 2016 3:56 pm
» Is TmCC range open to public?
by Bernie Tan Golf Coach Tue Oct 18, 2016 3:26 pm
» Anyone played Austin hills Cc recently?
by A Senior Tue Oct 18, 2016 12:37 pm
» Nelly Korda to join Sister Jessica on LPGA Tour in 2017.
by tonyj50 Mon Oct 17, 2016 6:40 am
» review on Renovated Laguna Bintan
by yogibear Sat Oct 15, 2016 3:44 pm
» WTS: Tanjong Puteri membership - life
by weBirdie Sat Oct 15, 2016 3:05 pm
» Club Glove - The Stiff Arm
by BruiseLee Tue Oct 11, 2016 10:24 pm
» Looking for kakis for Ria Bintan (29-30 May)
by andrewctk Mon Oct 10, 2016 3:14 pm
» OCC Tuesday Morning Game
by TFP Sun Oct 09, 2016 3:16 pm
» Fubon LPGA Taiwan Championship Preview, Pairings, and More.
by tonyj5 Sun Oct 09, 2016 12:55 am
» Replacing shaft for RBZ driver
by Sean76 Sat Oct 08, 2016 8:21 am
» Reignwood LPGA Classic Preview, Pairings and More (spoilers)
by tonyj5 Mon Oct 03, 2016 2:43 am
» Epon Forged
by babolat Sat Oct 01, 2016 5:31 pm
» Range practice
by babolat Sat Oct 01, 2016 5:30 pm
» New LPGA Tournament In Indianapolis Added to 2017 Schedule!
by tonyj5 Tue Sep 27, 2016 1:19 pm
» Arnold Palmer Passes Away at 87
by stickman Mon Sep 26, 2016 8:49 pm
» Look what postman just delivered
by Sean Lim Mon Sep 26, 2016 12:21 pm
» Korean LPGA Sung Hyun Park
by grwilliam Mon Sep 26, 2016 10:35 am
» PORESIA WEEKEND MEMBERS
by dayveed Sun Sep 25, 2016 9:23 am
» Deemples - golf app to find golfers to play golf!
by dayveed Sun Sep 25, 2016 12:26 am
» Stats & Facts Vol.30 / Asian Swing Field Numbers
by tonyj5 Fri Sep 23, 2016 3:21 am
» 1 Iron
by Sean Lim Fri Sep 23, 2016 12:26 am
» Foot Joy Sport BOA shoes
by Sean Lim Fri Sep 23, 2016 12:12 am
» Positive Feedback for Sigma Golf
by Sean Lim Thu Sep 22, 2016 9:34 pm
» Hi Golf Republic
by Bernie Tan Golf Coach Thu Sep 22, 2016 4:53 pm
» Titleist Club Fitting
by equin0x Wed Sep 21, 2016 7:43 pm
» Where to get premium jap heads
by babolat Wed Sep 21, 2016 12:44 pm
» Mizuno Iron
by Bernie Tan Golf Coach Wed Sep 21, 2016 11:58 am
» Driving range to play on grass
by babolat Wed Sep 21, 2016 1:01 am
» Tips on reading breaks and line of putts
by Sean Lim Tue Sep 20, 2016 4:58 pm
» Handicap test
by Bernie Tan Golf Coach Tue Sep 20, 2016 4:54 pm
by Bernie Tan Golf Coach Tue Sep 20, 2016 4:23 pm
» Looking for Putting Coach
by Sean Lim Tue Sep 20, 2016 12:09 pm
» Rolex Rankings Movers of the Year - Part 2
by tonyj5 Tue Sep 20, 2016 7:14 am
» The Evian Championship Preview, Pairings, and More.
by pocketace Mon Sep 19, 2016 3:09 pm
» Yip breaks world record to win Gold in Rio, $1m for her?
by flashpacker Fri Sep 16, 2016 8:13 pm