Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.
 
HomeFAQCalendarRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 How often do you buy new clubs?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

How often?
Less than a year
40%
 40% [ 17 ]
Every year
19%
 19% [ 8 ]
1 to 3 years
29%
 29% [ 12 ]
Above 5 years
12%
 12% [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 42
 

AuthorMessage
superputt
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer


Posts : 143
Join date : 2014-08-28

PostSubject: How often do you buy new clubs?   Thu Nov 13, 2014 4:03 pm

How often do you buy new golf clubs?  This includes either driver, iron set, wedges or a putter.
Back to top Go down
nkglfrs
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 47
Join date : 2014-07-09

PostSubject: Re: How often do you buy new clubs?   Thu Nov 13, 2014 5:45 pm

do you include 2nd-hand/used clubs?

or purely brand new clubs?
Back to top Go down
superputt
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer


Posts : 143
Join date : 2014-08-28

PostSubject: Re: How often do you buy new clubs?   Thu Nov 13, 2014 5:47 pm

nkglfrs wrote:
do you include 2nd-hand/used clubs?

or purely brand new clubs?

Anything you buy brand new or preowned to change your current clubs.
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 4697
Join date : 2011-12-30
Location : Seletar Hills

PostSubject: Re: How often do you buy new clubs?   Thu Nov 13, 2014 7:40 pm

This is a good qns. When the equipment slut inside is calling will change.
Back to top Go down
TDO
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 2255
Join date : 2011-10-02
Age : 60
Location : West

PostSubject: Re: How often do you buy new clubs?   Thu Nov 13, 2014 8:59 pm

Have not bought a new club since 2000. So save quite a bit. Buy from others who has deeper pockets. Let them use a while till they are sick of it. Usually the discount is quite big. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
superputt
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer


Posts : 143
Join date : 2014-08-28

PostSubject: Re: How often do you buy new clubs?   Thu Nov 13, 2014 10:47 pm

TDO wrote:
Have not bought a new club since 2000. So save quite a bit. Buy from others who has deeper pockets. Let them use a while till they are sick of it. Usually the discount is quite big. Very Happy

So you are saying you have been buying preowned clubs since 2000..... ?

Before I know about fitting, I used to change clubs pretty often.  Now after being fitted, if it doesn't work, I try to make it work no matter what (because I know it's me not the equipment).  You need about 2/3 times visit to the driving range to get comfortable with the new clubs.
Back to top Go down
TDO
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 2255
Join date : 2011-10-02
Age : 60
Location : West

PostSubject: Re: How often do you buy new clubs?   Thu Nov 13, 2014 11:00 pm

My irons are still the same, 12 years old already. I bought a used Callaway Diablo Octane from a bro here about 15 years ago cheap cheap because of a dent at the bottom of the club head. It's still serving me very well though. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
dukes4
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 52
Join date : 2012-01-07

PostSubject: Re: How often do you buy new clubs?   Fri Nov 14, 2014 7:52 am

i had been using my old more than 12 years irons until recently changed to callaway xforge. can't really feel the difference lol.
Back to top Go down
TDO
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 2255
Join date : 2011-10-02
Age : 60
Location : West

PostSubject: Re: How often do you buy new clubs?   Fri Nov 14, 2014 7:58 am

I think skills is more important. Personally, a good craftsman never blame the tools. Yes, the tools can help, but if your skill level is not up to mark, even the best tool given by God cannot help you.
Back to top Go down
Chunky Munky
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer


Posts : 124
Join date : 2014-10-08
Age : 34
Location : North

PostSubject: Re: How often do you buy new clubs?   Fri Nov 14, 2014 9:06 am

dukes4 wrote:
i had been using my old more than 12 years irons until recently changed to callaway xforge. can't really feel the difference lol.
The same as dukes4 Laughing I'm still playing my antique Titleist DCI Black and can't get away from them. I just get them regripped when I need to! Maybe I'll try some new irons next year....but I probably won't!
Back to top Go down
dukes4
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 52
Join date : 2012-01-07

PostSubject: Re: How often do you buy new clubs?   Fri Nov 14, 2014 1:23 pm

Hope to be able to use my new "used" irons
Back to top Go down
superputt
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer


Posts : 143
Join date : 2014-08-28

PostSubject: Re: How often do you buy new clubs?   Fri Nov 14, 2014 3:57 pm

TDO wrote:
My irons are still the same, 12 years old already. I bought a used Callaway Diablo Octane from a bro here about 15 years ago cheap cheap because of a dent at the bottom of the club head. It's still serving me very well though. Very Happy

Diablo Octane was released in 2011.  So i doubt you bought it 15 years ago LOL!
Back to top Go down
TDO
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 2255
Join date : 2011-10-02
Age : 60
Location : West

PostSubject: Re: How often do you buy new clubs?   Fri Nov 14, 2014 3:59 pm

superputt wrote:
TDO wrote:
My irons are still the same, 12 years old already. I bought a used Callaway Diablo Octane from a bro here about 15 years ago cheap cheap because of a dent at the bottom of the club head. It's still serving me very well though. Very Happy

Diablo Octane was released in 2011.  So i doubt you bought it 15 years ago LOL!
Typo. Thanks for pointing out. It's 1.5 years ago. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
superputt
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer


Posts : 143
Join date : 2014-08-28

PostSubject: Re: How often do you buy new clubs?   Fri Nov 14, 2014 4:08 pm

dukes4 wrote:
i had been using my old more than 12 years irons until recently changed to callaway xforge. can't really feel the difference lol.

If you play with forged iron, I doubt there is any difference.  But try a cast Rocketbladez iron, especially with the long irons.   It feels like hitting a hybrid.
Back to top Go down
yaozza07
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer


Posts : 277
Join date : 2012-04-14
Age : 30

PostSubject: Re: How often do you buy new clubs?   Fri Nov 14, 2014 5:08 pm

I used the same clubs for 15 years, when my uncle gave me his Big Bertha is 1996. I changed to Onoff in 2011 and brought my game to a different level. The BB's were easy to hit but too much offset and i couldn't get good dispersion. 

I don't think i'll change again unless i find a good deal on AP2's or Mizuno MP's/H2.
Back to top Go down
TDO
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 2255
Join date : 2011-10-02
Age : 60
Location : West

PostSubject: Re: How often do you buy new clubs?   Fri Nov 14, 2014 5:38 pm

yaozza07 wrote:
I used the same clubs for 15 years, when my uncle gave me his Big Bertha is 1996. I changed to Onoff in 2011 and brought my game to a different level. The BB's were easy to hit but too much offset and i couldn't get good dispersion. 

I don't think i'll change again unless i find a good deal on AP2's or Mizuno MP's/H2.

Ha! Ha! That's human. Always seeking perfection. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
superputt
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer


Posts : 143
Join date : 2014-08-28

PostSubject: Re: How often do you buy new clubs?   Fri Nov 14, 2014 11:01 pm

Reading the poll so far, I think there are alot of club hoes in SG.  LOL!
Back to top Go down
superputt
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer


Posts : 143
Join date : 2014-08-28

PostSubject: Re: How often do you buy new clubs?   Sun Nov 16, 2014 6:45 pm

Keep voting people...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: How often do you buy new clubs?   Today at 2:06 am

Back to top Go down
 
How often do you buy new clubs?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Honma Clubs, good ?
» Mizuno clubs
» Made in China clubs
» Cobra golf clubs
» Tennis overgrips on clubs

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic :: The Clubhouse :: Golf Talk-
Jump to:  
Friends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf Republic
Copyright © 2009 Golf Republic. All Rights Reserved.