Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.
 
HomeFAQCalendarRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Golf shop in Tokyo?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Gymrat76
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer


Posts : 216
Join date : 2014-01-14

PostSubject: Golf shop in Tokyo?   Thu Dec 18, 2014 1:05 pm

Hey all

A friend told me there's a golf shop in Ueno Market Tokyo that sells brands like Miura etc. Anyone know where exactly to find this shop, or the name of this shop? (My friend couldn't remember). Or any other shops in the Tokyo area with good selection and prices for JDM stuff. Thinking of getting a wedge set and other odds and ends when I'm there in Feb Smile
Back to top Go down
aze06
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer


Posts : 172
Join date : 2010-02-04

PostSubject: Re: Golf shop in Tokyo?   Thu Dec 18, 2014 1:45 pm

Hi TS, Ueno area has plenty of golf shops.  But will need to do a little searching around in the area.
For new clubs you can try Kotobuki Golf or Festival Golf.  Google for their websites.

In that area, there are also some smaller shops that sells both new and used clubs.  It's just across the JR Station Okachimachi.  Almost all of them are within the first 200m of the start of the street.

Have fun!
Back to top Go down
Gymrat76
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer


Posts : 216
Join date : 2014-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Golf shop in Tokyo?   Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:58 pm

aze06 wrote:
Hi TS, Ueno area has plenty of golf shops.  But will need to do a little searching around in the area.
For new clubs you can try Kotobuki Golf or Festival Golf.  Google for their websites.

In that area, there are also some smaller shops that sells both new and used clubs.  It's just across the JR Station Okachimachi.  Almost all of them are within the first 200m of the start of the street.

Have fun!

Thank you! I've been advised to leave my credit card behind haha
Back to top Go down
pocketace
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 2087
Join date : 2009-11-30

PostSubject: Re: Golf shop in Tokyo?   Thu Dec 18, 2014 5:09 pm

Check out niki golf and the golf shops opposite and adjacent to it

http://www.cheaptokyogolf.com/blog/ueno-golf-stores
Back to top Go down
yaozza07
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer


Posts : 278
Join date : 2012-04-14
Age : 30

PostSubject: Re: Golf shop in Tokyo?   Fri Dec 19, 2014 11:28 am

3-4th floor ameyoko centre in Ueno street market, new not really cheap but used quite competitive. Their used equipment still pretty good condition
Back to top Go down
xlr871
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 64
Join date : 2010-01-04
Location : central

PostSubject: Re: Golf shop in Tokyo?   Mon Dec 22, 2014 9:49 am

Victoria across shinjuku station is golf heaven. 7 floors with certain floor withe one brand only, amazing selection and you wont want to leave Smile
Back to top Go down
dukes4
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 52
Join date : 2012-01-07

PostSubject: Re: Golf shop in Tokyo?   Mon Dec 22, 2014 5:04 pm

Hope I can have a trip there next year
Back to top Go down
Gymrat76
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer


Posts : 216
Join date : 2014-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Golf shop in Tokyo?   Tue Dec 23, 2014 2:34 pm

Oh boy! Looking forward to my trip! Think I'll be bringing an extra golf bag full of clubs home! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
reallys
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer


Posts : 155
Join date : 2014-11-24

PostSubject: Re: Golf shop in Tokyo?   Tue Dec 23, 2014 6:06 pm

Off to Tokyo on an urgent trip, I will provide feedback if I get a chance to go to the golf shops.
Back to top Go down
Gymrat76
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer


Posts : 216
Join date : 2014-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Golf shop in Tokyo?   Mon Feb 16, 2015 12:59 pm

reallys, did you manage to hit the shops in Tokyo?

Heading there this week, specifically looking for XXIO fairway woods and Miura wedges, K grind.. anyone know where to find these? Thanks!
Back to top Go down
simoner
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1111
Join date : 2010-09-20

PostSubject: Re: Golf shop in Tokyo?   Mon Feb 16, 2015 2:12 pm

I do my golf shopping in BIC Camera departmental store in Shinjuku (the one that's opposite of Isetan). 

Level B2 is all golf stuff.  You can claim tax refund plus 2% discount for payments made by Visa or Union Pay.
Back to top Go down
shimizu.toruk
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer


Posts : 561
Join date : 2012-01-30
Location : Somewhere overlooking MBGC...

PostSubject: Re: Golf shop in Tokyo?   Mon Feb 16, 2015 2:52 pm

simoner wrote:
I do my golf shopping in BIC Camera departmental store in Shinjuku (the one that's opposite of Isetan). 

Level B2 is all golf stuff.  You can claim tax refund plus 2% discount for payments made by Visa or Union Pay.

Bro Simoner - You mean the one with Uniqlo beside it?
Back to top Go down
reallys
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer


Posts : 155
Join date : 2014-11-24

PostSubject: Re: Golf shop in Tokyo?   Mon Feb 16, 2015 3:20 pm

XXIO is easy to find everywhere in Tokyo golf shops, BIC Camera has them. There's also a big shop in one of the electronic stores in Akihabara. That's where I am at the moment lol. Miura on the other hand is proving difficult in normal golf shops i.e. fitting clubs. I'm here till later this week Smile
Back to top Go down
Gymrat76
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer


Posts : 216
Join date : 2014-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Golf shop in Tokyo?   Mon Feb 16, 2015 3:34 pm

reallys wrote:
XXIO is easy to find everywhere in Tokyo golf shops, BIC Camera has them. There's also a big shop in one of the electronic stores in Akihabara. That's where I am at the moment lol. Miura on the other hand is proving difficult in normal golf shops i.e. fitting clubs. I'm here till later this week Smile

Great! If you can remember, how much roughly were the XXIO fairway woods (8 series 3&5 wood). Thanks!
Back to top Go down
reallys
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer


Posts : 155
Join date : 2014-11-24

PostSubject: Re: Golf shop in Tokyo?   Mon Feb 16, 2015 3:59 pm


XXIO is not a brand I use, so no idea... However I am working out of a office 300m away from the shop in Akihabara, if I get a chance I will have a look and report findings.
Smile
Back to top Go down
simoner
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1111
Join date : 2010-09-20

PostSubject: Re: Golf shop in Tokyo?   Mon Feb 16, 2015 4:24 pm

shimizu.toruk wrote:
simoner wrote:
I do my golf shopping in BIC Camera departmental store in Shinjuku (the one that's opposite of Isetan). 

Level B2 is all golf stuff.  You can claim tax refund plus 2% discount for payments made by Visa or Union Pay.

Bro Simoner - You mean the one with Uniqlo beside it?
Yup!

I bought my Ping i25 there about $150 cheaper than in SIN.
Back to top Go down
shimizu.toruk
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer


Posts : 561
Join date : 2012-01-30
Location : Somewhere overlooking MBGC...

PostSubject: Re: Golf shop in Tokyo?   Mon Feb 16, 2015 4:36 pm

simoner wrote:
shimizu.toruk wrote:
simoner wrote:
I do my golf shopping in BIC Camera departmental store in Shinjuku (the one that's opposite of Isetan). 

Level B2 is all golf stuff.  You can claim tax refund plus 2% discount for payments made by Visa or Union Pay.

Bro Simoner - You mean the one with Uniqlo beside it?
Yup!

I bought my Ping i25 there about $150 cheaper than in SIN.

Thanks for the tip! Been there a couple of times, but have been only going up, and not down Shocked

Will definitely check it out when I'm there (hopefully soon).
Back to top Go down
Gymrat76
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer


Posts : 216
Join date : 2014-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Golf shop in Tokyo?   Mon Feb 16, 2015 5:01 pm

Thanks. Will be doing lots of shopping!

Question: For those who buy clubs from overseas, do you get the shop to pack into a box with padding then check it in? And do you get taxed upon return to Singapore? (I'm not bringing my golf bag, else will just throw in and check in)
Back to top Go down
reallys
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer


Posts : 155
Join date : 2014-11-24

PostSubject: Re: Golf shop in Tokyo?   Mon Feb 16, 2015 5:24 pm

I have bought clubs from here before and they do package it in a box with bubble wrap. As for tax,




There are four broad categories of dutiable goods in Singapore.  They are:

  • Intoxicating liquors, including spirits, wine, beer, ale, stout and porter.  Beverages and liquors consumed for health reasons and used for cooking are dutiable if the alcoholic strength by volume exceeds 0.5%, such as Shandy, bottled alcoholic cocktail drinks, D.O.M, Yomeishu, samsoo and rice wine.



  • Tobacco products, including cigarettes and cigars.



  • Motor vehicles, including motorised bicycles



  • Petroleum products, including gasoline, petrol and motor fuel.




More; http://www.customs.gov.sg/leftNav/trav/Customs+Clearance+Procedure.html








Hope this helps.
Back to top Go down
Derek
Caddy
Caddy


Posts : 2159
Join date : 2009-10-20

PostSubject: Re: Golf shop in Tokyo?   Mon Feb 16, 2015 6:12 pm

I believe the Tax you get hit with for incoming stuff is GST?

_________________
========================================
What's in the Bag

Driver: Callway X-Hot 10.5 with Fubuki 50S (pulled from a TM Burner SuperFast)
Woods: 19 Deg Callaway X-hot Proj X Stock S Flex
Hybrid: 22 Deg TM SF i70R, Cobra Baffler 25 Deg NS950R
Irons 5-Pw:  Titleist 704 CB NSP950 (Flex Unknown - think it is R)
Wedges: Perry Gear 52 Deg DG S300 and BFG 55 Deg KBS Hi-Rev, Tourstage 60 Deg
Putter: RIFE Antigua Island with Champ Large Grip
Back to top Go down
TLHENG
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer


Posts : 282
Join date : 2009-08-03

PostSubject: Re: Golf shop in Tokyo?   Tue Feb 17, 2015 5:03 pm

Why don't you just buy a golf bag and put in your new set of clubs and looks as though you are back from a golf trip.  cost of the bag, I think will be cheaper than the GST!
Back to top Go down
Gymrat76
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer


Posts : 216
Join date : 2014-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Golf shop in Tokyo?   Tue Feb 17, 2015 5:25 pm

TLHENG wrote:
Why don't you just buy a golf bag and put in your new set of clubs and looks as though you are back from a golf trip.  cost of the bag, I think will be cheaper than the GST!

Will also get charged for additional bag ma, I'm going with my wife and between 2 of us we have 2 suitcases and 1 carry on already  scratch
Back to top Go down
reallys
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer


Posts : 155
Join date : 2014-11-24

PostSubject: Re: Golf shop in Tokyo?   Tue Feb 17, 2015 6:23 pm

Xxio 8 series woods jpy44570 each
Back to top Go down
Gymrat76
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer


Posts : 216
Join date : 2014-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Golf shop in Tokyo?   Tue Feb 17, 2015 8:02 pm

reallys wrote:
Xxio 8 series woods jpy44570 each

affraid affraid affraid

Thanks man.. not a lot of difference from here.. maybe will look for second hand....
Back to top Go down
Ant
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer


Posts : 234
Join date : 2009-09-14
Location : West

PostSubject: Re: Golf shop in Tokyo?   Tue Feb 17, 2015 11:12 pm

If you looking for new or used clubs, try Golf Partners near Tokyo Station. They can help you do tax rebates against your purchases. . So bring your passport along. A Japanese utility wood I bought brand new was 20% cheaper than in Singapore (after discount and tax rebates).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Golf shop in Tokyo?   Today at 9:35 pm

Back to top Go down
 
Golf shop in Tokyo?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Golf shop in Tokyo?
» Any place to shop for golf stuffz in Tokyo???
» Golf shop in Osaka?
» Any golf shop in Bali ?
» Golf shopping in Osaka or Tokyo?

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic :: The Pro Shop :: Golf Equipment-
Jump to:  
Friends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf Republic
Copyright © 2009 Golf Republic. All Rights Reserved.