Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.
 
HomeFAQCalendarRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Cheapest option to get a valid handicap.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
dr_z8
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 63
Join date : 2014-08-22

PostSubject: Cheapest option to get a valid handicap.    Wed Dec 31, 2014 12:29 pm

Hi Guys and Gals. Wanted to explore what are the cheapest option to get a valid handicap. Possible to get a handicap card in less than $200?
Back to top Go down
oldie-newbie
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer


Posts : 402
Join date : 2014-07-14
Age : 46

PostSubject: Re: Cheapest option to get a valid handicap.    Wed Dec 31, 2014 2:47 pm

mostly will be less than 200, MGK was about 130 inclusive of green fees. But there is yearly maintenance of course.


Last edited by oldie-newbie on Wed Dec 31, 2014 5:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
dr_z8
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 63
Join date : 2014-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Cheapest option to get a valid handicap.    Wed Dec 31, 2014 2:54 pm

Where does MGK do the test?
Back to top Go down
odyssey23
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer


Posts : 150
Join date : 2012-04-11

PostSubject: Re: Cheapest option to get a valid handicap.    Wed Dec 31, 2014 3:18 pm

You can check with golf direct. Think they can help you with the handicap.
Back to top Go down
icta
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 25
Join date : 2013-11-17

PostSubject: Re: Cheapest option to get a valid handicap.    Wed Dec 31, 2014 3:25 pm

Check out Society of Spore Golfers. Good club run by a group of passionate golfers. Provide hdc maintenance too.
Back to top Go down
oldie-newbie
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer


Posts : 402
Join date : 2014-07-14
Age : 46

PostSubject: Re: Cheapest option to get a valid handicap.    Wed Dec 31, 2014 5:14 pm

MBGC for MGK. bo dai ji one if you can launch the ball
Back to top Go down
dr_z8
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 63
Join date : 2014-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Cheapest option to get a valid handicap.    Wed Dec 31, 2014 5:47 pm

odyssey23 wrote:
You can check with golf direct. Think they can help you with the handicap.

I don't get you. Are you referring to Golf Direct the shop outlet? I thought they only sell golf stuffs. Didn't know that they also offer handicap test?
Back to top Go down
NY
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 37
Join date : 2013-11-28

PostSubject: Re: Cheapest option to get a valid handicap.    Wed Dec 31, 2014 6:50 pm

Dear dr_z8

Golf is a gentleman/woman games.  Would suggest to go for a proper test by pro,  after submitting 10 score cards.  Before the result made known to you,  you are require to attend a  2 to 3 hours course, this course is consist of basic rules and golf ethnic.  This will enable you to observe the safety aspect for yourself and other golfers while playing in the same course.  Nonetheless,  the test and the course is less than $200.00 

My 2 cents worth
Back to top Go down
dr_z8
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 63
Join date : 2014-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Cheapest option to get a valid handicap.    Wed Dec 31, 2014 7:03 pm

oldie-newbie wrote:
mostly will be less than 200, MGK was about 130 inclusive of green fees. But there is yearly maintenance of course.

bro, so the the total cost of obtaining a valid handicap and maintain it throughout the year is $130 + $160(1 yr MGK membership exclude gst) = $290. correct?
Back to top Go down
NY
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 37
Join date : 2013-11-28

PostSubject: Re: Cheapest option to get a valid handicap.    Wed Dec 31, 2014 7:07 pm

Not forgetting insurance.
Back to top Go down
dr_z8
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 63
Join date : 2014-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Cheapest option to get a valid handicap.    Wed Dec 31, 2014 7:09 pm

NY wrote:
Dear dr_z8

Golf is a gentleman/woman games.  Would suggest to go for a proper test by pro,  after submitting 10 score cards.  Before the result made known to you,  you are require to attend a  2 to 3 hours course, this course is consist of basic rules and golf ethnic.  This will enable you to observe the safety aspect for yourself and other golfers while playing in the same course.  Nonetheless,  the test and the course is less than $200.00 

My 2 cents worth

Hi Bro NY,

fully understand your advice. As I am still a student and without any income, I was trying to find out which are the club memberships available for me to go through the necessary process and get a proper handicap at the lowest cost.
Back to top Go down
dr_z8
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 63
Join date : 2014-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Cheapest option to get a valid handicap.    Wed Dec 31, 2014 7:14 pm

icta wrote:
Check out Society of Spore Golfers. Good club run by a group of passionate golfers. Provide hdc maintenance too.

Bro, so far this seems to be the cheapest options of all. The joining fee for the membership is only $20(one time fee) + $90 annual subscription to maintain handicap. 

But they didn't mention the CR cost, does that mean there isn't any cost to pay them for me to take the test? what about the green fee to do the CR test? where do they normally conduct the CR test?

did you get your handicap from them?
Back to top Go down
Kaii
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer


Posts : 204
Join date : 2014-07-28
Location : AMK

PostSubject: Re: Cheapest option to get a valid handicap.    Wed Dec 31, 2014 7:15 pm

NY
Golf is a Ladies /Gentlemen game.

Used to be so . dun see it now.


dr z8,

u can get a handicap card tested by professional approved by Malaysian Golf Association in Malaysia for less than S$100


Last edited by Kaii on Wed Dec 31, 2014 7:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
evo5555
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer


Posts : 143
Join date : 2009-09-07

PostSubject: Re: Cheapest option to get a valid handicap.    Wed Dec 31, 2014 7:17 pm

wow... this topic came juz right on time for me reference!!.. Smile im hoping to get my official handicap also after many moons of playing illegally.... haahaha..
Back to top Go down
dr_z8
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 63
Join date : 2014-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Cheapest option to get a valid handicap.    Wed Dec 31, 2014 7:21 pm

Kaii wrote:
Used to be so . dun see it now.

dr z8,

u can get a handicap card tested by professional approved by Malaysian Golf Association in Malaysia for less than S$100

Hi Bro Kaii,

Care to PM me the club or pro contact? And another thing is that will SG courses especially MBGC/OCC recognise the handicap card issued by Malaysia club under MGA?
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer


Posts : 5879
Join date : 2009-09-30
Age : 90
Location : Pin Hole

PostSubject: Re: Cheapest option to get a valid handicap.    Wed Dec 31, 2014 8:26 pm

dr_z8 wrote:
Where does MGK do the test?

MGK conducts the PC and Handicap tests at MBGC ...

In my opinion, MGK is valued for money as it not only maintain ones handicap but also covers Golf insurance + Hole In One (I stand corrected) ... Ones get to play in OCC at almost the same green fee as playing in MBGC ... However, you need to be an NTUC Union member before you can join MGK ...
Back to top Go down
vinjess
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer


Posts : 708
Join date : 2012-11-28
Location : Jurong West / Boon Lay

PostSubject: Re: Cheapest option to get a valid handicap.    Wed Dec 31, 2014 11:58 pm

dr_z8 wrote:
Kaii wrote:
Used to be so . dun see it now.

dr z8,

u can get a handicap card tested by professional approved by Malaysian Golf Association in Malaysia for less than S$100

Hi Bro Kaii,

Care to PM me the club or pro contact? And another thing is that will SG courses especially MBGC/OCC recognise the handicap card issued by Malaysia club under MGA?

MGA issued with USGA Index for sure recognise in Sg. If u r a member of any club in Msia they will maintain for u also.
Back to top Go down
dr_z8
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 63
Join date : 2014-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Cheapest option to get a valid handicap.    Thu Jan 01, 2015 1:05 am

vinjess wrote:
dr_z8 wrote:
Kaii wrote:
Used to be so . dun see it now.

dr z8,

u can get a handicap card tested by professional approved by Malaysian Golf Association in Malaysia for less than S$100

Hi Bro Kaii,

Care to PM me the club or pro contact? And another thing is that will SG courses especially MBGC/OCC recognise the handicap card issued by Malaysia club under MGA?

MGA issued with USGA Index for sure recognise in Sg. If u r a member of any club in Msia they will maintain for u also.

Any recommendation which MGA JB club issuing handicap with USGA index has Courtesy round test at good rate?
Back to top Go down
newbiegolfie
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 77
Join date : 2014-05-06

PostSubject: Re: Cheapest option to get a valid handicap.    Fri Jan 02, 2015 3:10 pm

my friend download template, self print..self write ..self laminate..
and played @ so many local clubs... without any hassle..

laminate fees.. ----> SGD1.00
Back to top Go down
oldie-newbie
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer


Posts : 402
Join date : 2014-07-14
Age : 46

PostSubject: Re: Cheapest option to get a valid handicap.    Fri Jan 02, 2015 3:18 pm

newbiegolfie wrote:
my friend download template, self print..self write ..self laminate..
and played @ so many local clubs... without any hassle..

laminate fees.. ----> SGD1.00

So which club handicap card did he counterfeit?
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer


Posts : 5879
Join date : 2009-09-30
Age : 90
Location : Pin Hole

PostSubject: Re: Cheapest option to get a valid handicap.    Fri Jan 02, 2015 5:06 pm

newbiegolfie wrote:
my friend download template, self print..self write ..self laminate..
and played @ so many local clubs... without any hassle..

laminate fees.. ----> SGD1.00

If you don't intend to participate in local tournaments, it is alright to do so (aside for not being ethical) ... I know Business Times annual coporate tournament would call up ones home club to authenticate his/her handicap ... They checked mine too according to MyGolfKaki ... Shocked Laughing

However, I think you should go thru the proper channel to obtain an authentic handicap from a bona fide body afterall golf is supposed to be a gentlemen sport ... No offense intended though ...

cheers
Back to top Go down
dr_z8
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 63
Join date : 2014-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Cheapest option to get a valid handicap.    Fri Jan 02, 2015 9:16 pm

newbiegolfie wrote:
my friend download template, self print..self write ..self laminate..
and played @ so many local clubs... without any hassle..

laminate fees.. ----> SGD1.00

wah lao. counterfeiter spotted. haha
Back to top Go down
dr_z8
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 63
Join date : 2014-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Cheapest option to get a valid handicap.    Fri Jan 02, 2015 9:22 pm

my thread seems to invite corrupt ideas. do i need to phrase my title properly? haha.

im asking for information which allows me to obtain an official handicap thru proper channel at a lowest possible cost.
Back to top Go down
dr_z8
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 63
Join date : 2014-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Cheapest option to get a valid handicap.    Sat Jan 03, 2015 2:13 pm

anybody had gone through handicap test from SSG? how much does it cost?
Back to top Go down
smokey
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 56
Join date : 2012-04-17

PostSubject: Re: Cheapest option to get a valid handicap.    Sat Jan 03, 2015 2:17 pm

I remember I read previously somewhere that one needs to participate in their monthly medal games as one of the criteria to maintain the hcp
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Cheapest option to get a valid handicap.    Today at 6:34 pm

Back to top Go down
 
Cheapest option to get a valid handicap.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Cheapest option to get handicap
» NSRCC handicap card not valid
» LED Rear Tail Light Option
» Malaysia Golf Association Handicap
» Golf Handicap index

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic :: The Clubhouse :: Golf Talk-
Jump to:  
Friends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf Republic
Copyright © 2009 Golf Republic. All Rights Reserved.