Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeFAQCalendarRegisterLog in

Share | 

New to SG, looking for tips on where to practice/play

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
theeloquentmime
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: New to SG, looking for tips on where to practice/play   Tue May 05, 2015 12:37 am

Hi everyone,

I recently moved to Singapore (Holland Village area), and would like to continue to practice and play on a regular basis. Unfortunately, I do not own a car at the moment, so am hoping to get tips from fellow the members here on some economical/convenient ways to keep golfing in Singapore. Thanks in advance for your help! Cheers!
Back to top Go down
Chunky Munky
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: New to SG, looking for tips on where to practice/play   Tue May 05, 2015 8:55 am

My first bit of advice would be to join My Golf Kaki. You need to sign up for an NTUC membership first (about $90 if I remember rightly) and then you can get you MGK card which is $160 a year for ordinary membership.

As an MGK member you can take advantage of the great corporate union green fees at OCC as well as offers at a number of other courses. They have monthly medals and they will also maintain your handicap.

Aside from this there are also some really well priced day trip rates to Batam and Bintan and you can always make the trip to Malaysia as well.

Training wise there are a good number of ranges dotted around the island so you should always be able to practice - ball costs are reasonable at all of the ranges I've been to. Keep a look out on these forums for people looking for extra players for games!

Happy golfing!

CM
Back to top Go down
sob
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: New to SG, looking for tips on where to practice/play   Tue May 05, 2015 9:03 am

Welcome to SG!

Most of the golf courses are within a 30 min taxi ride since you don't own a car.
U can grab a taxi easy in SG with taxi app.

Nearest to Holland  V would be

1) Green Fairways a 9 hole
2) Jurong Country Club
3) Keppel Club
4) Marina Bay Golf Club

Obviously there are other golf courses, have fun looking around.

And yes pls have a valid HCP, some place are very strict about it.

Enjoy!
Back to top Go down
theeloquentmime
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: New to SG, looking for tips on where to practice/play   Thu May 07, 2015 8:56 am

CM, sob, thanks for the tips!

Are there are driving ranges that are easily accessible by public transportation? Ideally, I would like to hit the range once a week, but the cost of taxi can add up quickly. Thanks again!
Back to top Go down
jascon77
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: New to SG, looking for tips on where to practice/play   Thu May 07, 2015 10:08 am

The only one I can think of that you can get by using MRT and/or bus is the Bukit Batok Driving Range.
Back to top Go down
ChrisD
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: New to SG, looking for tips on where to practice/play   Thu May 07, 2015 10:12 am

take bus 61 alight one bus stop after telok blangah mrt and walk about 10 mins to Keppel club. Please call to check if outsiders are eligible to use the range.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New to SG, looking for tips on where to practice/play   Today at 5:55 pm

Back to top Go down

New to SG, looking for tips on where to practice/play
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1