Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeFAQCalendarRegisterLog in

Share | 

New golfer and "NEED HELP"

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Bello
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: New golfer and "NEED HELP"   Wed Dec 16, 2009 3:40 pm

Hi Cheers Jump ,

I am very new to this interesting sport (pick up this only 2 mths ago). Anyone can help? Am looking for a used ladies beginner set. Shld I go for full set? Which brand is good for starter? Nike Nike Golf? Where can I buy? What is likely price for used set? Need my set by this sat for training. Thank you. HELP
Back to top Go down
gila-driver
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: New golfer and "NEED HELP"   Wed Dec 16, 2009 3:52 pm

i have a lady Maruman lady set, hardly used as wife had to give up golf..
let me know if you are keen.
Back to top Go down
eiji
Course Marshal
Course Marshal

PostSubject: Re: New golfer and "NEED HELP"   Wed Dec 16, 2009 4:05 pm

Bello wrote:
Hi Cheers Jump ,

I am very new to this interesting sport (pick up this only 2 mths ago). Anyone can help? Am looking for a used ladies beginner set. Shld I go for full set? Which brand is good for starter? Nike Nike Golf? Where can I buy? What is likely price for used set? Need my set by this sat for training. Thank you. HELP

if u are taking lessons, usually there are clubs for you to use. Nike you can check out Lukewa's thread.
Back to top Go down
http://www.idealparts.com.sg
nientsu
Caddy
Caddy

PostSubject: Re: New golfer and "NEED HELP"   Wed Dec 16, 2009 6:07 pm

Hi

You can go the Joe Golf at kreta Ayer. They buy/sell second hand clubs.
Back to top Go down
hardrock
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: New golfer and "NEED HELP"   Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:24 pm

u can also go down to far east shopping center to look for used club...

happy shopping!
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: New golfer and "NEED HELP"   Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:28 pm

Bello, you should not invest in any clubs first as your swing is still very immature at this juncture since u are a beginner. U should consider investing in a set of clubs ONLY after u have completed your training. As someone has mentioned above, the Golf school would usually lend u a club to hit for the time being.

Cheers,
Turbo
Back to top Go down
Bello
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: New golfer and "NEED HELP"   Thu Dec 17, 2009 5:43 pm

Hi Everyone,
Thanks for the advice.

Yup my coach does provide clubs but I think because of my height (1.7m) the clubs seem to be a bit mis-match..hahaha....... And also my lessons are coming to end so was thinking of getting a set of used beginner first. Any advice on brand? Mizuno good for ladies and with my height?

Thanks.
Back to top Go down
LinLauPeh
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: New golfer and "NEED HELP"   Thu Dec 17, 2009 5:48 pm

1.7....... I give you my club, you give me your height? santa
Back to top Go down
Loudmouth
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: New golfer and "NEED HELP"   Thu Dec 17, 2009 6:55 pm

me too, i can give two golf set to you (man and lady) and trade for the height, i need that extra half a club height to hit further rendeer
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: New golfer and "NEED HELP"   Thu Dec 17, 2009 6:58 pm

Bello wrote:
Hi Everyone,
Thanks for the advice.

Yup my coach does provide clubs but I think because of my height (1.7m) the clubs seem to be a bit mis-match..hahaha....... And also my lessons are coming to end so was thinking of getting a set of used beginner first. Any advice on brand? Mizuno good for ladies and with my height?

Thanks.

Mizuno or Maruman are good brands to start with. For the former, goto Golf House as they are the local distributor. However, don't listen to the sales ppl of GOlf House too much as they have very little knowledge on the equipment and golf. For the latter, you can goto Transview who is the local distributor. For ladies, graphite shaft is usually considered which is lighter and easier to hit compare to steel shaft.

Hope the above helps.
Back to top Go down
Winston
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: New golfer and "NEED HELP"   Thu Dec 17, 2009 7:59 pm

Sorry ti Hijack this thread but dont want to start another...

Can anyone help me by providing the address for Joe's chop and Transview? Heading back to S'pore for holiday and looking to buy golf set.
Back to top Go down
nientsu
Caddy
Caddy

PostSubject: Re: New golfer and "NEED HELP"   Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:33 pm

Creative Joe Golf

www.creativegolf.net

333 Kreta Ayer Road
Singapore, 080333
6227 7760

Transview??

Think there one in Suntec
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: New golfer and "NEED HELP"   Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:06 pm

Loudmouth wrote:
me too, i can give two golf set to you (man and lady) and trade for the height, i need that extra half a club height to hit further rendeer

For your information, a short person can also drive a ball very far. Just look at Anthony Kim, he is 1.78 m but he can drive a ball more than 300 yards. Camilo Villegas who is only 1.75 m tall but he can drive a ball more than 300 yards too. Alot of ppl thought this kinda distance can only be achieved by golfers who are at least 6 footer tall. To put thing in perspective, the 1.85 m tall Tiger Woods also drive the ball about 300 yards on average. Another good example and someone closer to us would be our very own Lam Chee Beng who can also drive the ball at 300 yards on average. And, he is barely 1.68 m tall. Shocked

Well, what I am driving at is, distance is all about technique. Brute strength and physical aspect may not be the only elements that give you extra distance. cheers
Back to top Go down
Bello
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: New golfer and "NEED HELP"   Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:29 pm

Hahaha...cant trade my height lah..... ROFL anyway, thanks guys for giving the great advices......so I need to start hunting for my 1st set of golf tomorrow..... lol!
Back to top Go down
Mizzman
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: New golfer and "NEED HELP"   Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:33 pm

Turbo wrote:
Loudmouth wrote:

For your information, a short person can also drive a ball very far. Just look at Anthony Kim, he is 1.78 m but he can drive a ball more than 300 yards. Camilo Villegas who is only 1.75 m tall but he can drive a ball more than 300 yards too. Alot of ppl thought this kinda distance can only be achieved by golfers who are at least 6 footer tall. To put thing in perspective, the 1.85 m tall Tiger Woods also drive the ball about 300 yards on average. Another good example and someone closer to us would be our very own Lam Chee Beng who can also drive the ball at 300 yards on average. And, he is barely 1.68 m tall. Shocked

Well, what I am driving at is, distance is all about technique. Brute strength and physical aspect may not be the only elements that give you extra distance. cheers

I agree with you Turbo, but is AK really 1.78 m? He looks like one of the shortest players on tour! Real parallax if that's the case...Villegas certainly looks much taller than AK..
Back to top Go down
LinLauPeh
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: New golfer and "NEED HELP"   Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:40 pm

Turbo wrote:
Loudmouth wrote:
me too, i can give two golf set to you (man and lady) and trade for the height, i need that extra half a club height to hit further

For your information, a short person can also drive a ball very far. Just look at Anthony Kim, he is 1.78 m but he can drive a ball more than 300 yards. Camilo Villegas who is only 1.75 m tall but he can drive a ball more than 300 yards too. Alot of ppl thought this kinda distance can only be achieved by golfers who are at least 6 footer tall. To put thing in perspective, the 1.85 m tall Tiger Woods also drive the ball about 300 yards on average. Another good example and someone closer to us would be our very own Lam Chee Beng who can also drive the ball at 300 yards on average. And, he is barely 1.68 m tall.

Well, what I am driving at is, distance is all about technique. Brute strength and physical aspect may not be the only elements that give you extra distance.

If I'm Only 1.2m tall... eligible for student hap ply. How?
Back to top Go down
LinLauPeh
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: New golfer and "NEED HELP"   Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:40 pm

Bello wrote:
Hahaha...cant trade my height lah..... anyway, thanks guys for giving the great advices......so I need to start hunting for my 1st set of golf tomorrow.....

Happy Shopping!
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: New golfer and "NEED HELP"   Fri Dec 18, 2009 12:03 am

Mizzman wrote:
Turbo wrote:
Loudmouth wrote:

I agree with you Turbo, but is AK really 1.78 m? He looks like one of the shortest players on tour! Real parallax if that's the case...Villegas certainly looks much taller than AK..

Yes, Camilo is shorter than AK by a mere 1 inch. They look alot shorter b'cos majority of the tour players like Phil Makelson, VJ, Steve Stricken, Paddy, TW, Kenny Perry, Stephen Ames, Stewart Cink, JB Holm, Goeff Ogilvy, Bubba Watson, etc. are all 6 FT and above. Basketball

BTW, Sergio Garsia is only 1.78 m tall and he is another big hitter on tour.
Back to top Go down
joleelyn
Course Marshal
Course Marshal

PostSubject: Re: New golfer and "NEED HELP"   Fri Dec 18, 2009 12:15 am

i'm 1.73 and using ladies maruman. (first and only set..lol I'm a cheap golfer)

for beginners, the clubs dun exactly make alot of diff... just buy something that is pretty easy to hit...like maruman. and it wun burn your pockets too..(which is always a good thing)
Back to top Go down
golfdiva
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: New golfer and "NEED HELP"   Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:04 am

joleelyn wrote:
i'm 1.73 and using ladies maruman. (first and only set..lol I'm a cheap golfer)

for beginners, the clubs dun exactly make alot of diff... just buy something that is pretty easy to hit...like maruman. and it wun burn your pockets too..(which is always a good thing)

Agree. Maruman set is good. You can consider the Maruman Figaro set which is really light and good for starters.
Back to top Go down
crystal_tiong
Caddy
Caddy

PostSubject: Re: New golfer and "NEED HELP"   Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:06 am

isnt Maruman ex ? Mine was thousand plus , I heard a lot getting mizuno for few hundreds bucks only....
Back to top Go down
gila-driver
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: New golfer and "NEED HELP"   Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:33 am

Turbo wrote:

i also drive 300m....
150m up and 150m down.... Razz Razz
Back to top Go down
golfdiva
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: New golfer and "NEED HELP"   Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:42 am

crystal_tiong wrote:
isnt Maruman ex ? Mine was thousand plus , I heard a lot getting mizuno for few hundreds bucks only....

If I'm not mistaken, the conductor series cost > $1K.
My fren bought the Maruman Figaro for $800+ full set comes with irons, hybrids and driver.

Mizunos would be good too but the ladies irons set I saw in GH are all above $1K. No woods and drivers i think.
Are there cheaper Mizzie models?
Back to top Go down
Bello
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: New golfer and "NEED HELP"   Tue Dec 22, 2009 2:12 pm

Was trying to find used Mizuno ladies set at Far East last week. But sadly managed to find one set but selling price too high so not worth. End up getting a new set at Golf house....because they were having sales promo. Can go ebay and check for used set for Mizuno...saw one used set recently...think quite good..too bad I bought my new set and the ebay seller only put up her used set thereafter....if not I will buy from her ....SO MUCH CHEAPER.....*sob* pale think I saw manuman set for ladies at ebay too!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New golfer and "NEED HELP"   Today at 1:54 pm

Back to top Go down

New golfer and "NEED HELP"
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1