Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.
 
HomeFAQCalendarRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 MRT breakdown

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
hurray
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 55
Join date : 2013-03-07

PostSubject: MRT breakdown   Tue Jul 07, 2015 7:56 pm

Many stations affected. Heard AMK, Novena, Paya Lebar, Bedok
Back to top Go down
ChrisD
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 3469
Join date : 2009-11-04
Age : 41
Location : Live beside the King

PostSubject: Re: MRT breakdown   Tue Jul 07, 2015 8:11 pm

What's new. 
Erh.... Have to alight and take bus..
Back to top Go down
Fatboy
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer


Posts : 315
Join date : 2009-07-29
Age : 49
Location : West, Singapore

PostSubject: Re: MRT breakdown   Tue Jul 07, 2015 8:44 pm

Too late to complain, increment n bonus given to their boss  leow:tongue:
Back to top Go down
http://www.permatex.com
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer


Posts : 5879
Join date : 2009-09-30
Age : 90
Location : Pin Hole

PostSubject: Re: MRT breakdown   Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:53 am

The problem is, MRT is ran by the government-owned companies ... They are the complacent lots and too much protection from the government ... The tender for MRT operation should be opened to the global ... Let the 3rd party runs the train operation yields better result ... MTR in HK is a good example!
Back to top Go down
hkhamateur
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 3062
Join date : 2009-09-29
Age : 43
Location : North-East

PostSubject: Re: MRT breakdown   Wed Jul 08, 2015 3:17 pm

Turbo wrote:
The problem is, MRT is ran by the government-owned companies ... They are the complacent lots and too much protection from the government ... The tender for MRT operation should be opened to the global ... Let the 3rd party runs the train operation yields better result ... MTR in HK is a good example!

Wherever and whichever holes makes monies, the gourmet sured hve shares or rather in some ways...allocated. Suspect
What to do...Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Kaii
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer


Posts : 204
Join date : 2014-07-28
Location : AMK

PostSubject: Re: MRT breakdown   Thu Jul 09, 2015 11:39 am

a laden coach is about 50 ton x 6,  approx. 300 ton of weight pounding the track day in n out . u can imagine what will happen without proper maintenance.

seems they are unable to solve the problems so they have slowed down the speed of the trains.
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer


Posts : 5879
Join date : 2009-09-30
Age : 90
Location : Pin Hole

PostSubject: Re: MRT breakdown   Thu Jul 09, 2015 1:50 pm

hkhamateur wrote:
Turbo wrote:
The problem is, MRT is ran by the government-owned companies ... They are the complacent lots and too much protection from the government ... The tender for MRT operation should be opened to the global ... Let the 3rd party runs the train operation yields better result ... MTR in HK is a good example!

Wherever and whichever holes makes monies, the gourmet sured hve shares or rather in some ways...allocated. Suspect
What to do...Rolling Eyes
The opposition parties took the advantage to fire a few salvos at the ruling party ... minus points for ruling party ... Stretcher  The opposition parties sure know how to score political points in the midst of an impending GE ... Laughing
Back to top Go down
flashpacker
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer


Posts : 844
Join date : 2013-03-10

PostSubject: Re: MRT breakdown   Thu Jul 09, 2015 3:06 pm

Turbo wrote:
hkhamateur wrote:
Turbo wrote:
The problem is, MRT is ran by the government-owned companies ... They are the complacent lots and too much protection from the government ... The tender for MRT operation should be opened to the global ... Let the 3rd party runs the train operation yields better result ... MTR in HK is a good example!

Wherever and whichever holes makes monies, the gourmet sured hve shares or rather in some ways...allocated. Suspect
What to do...Rolling Eyes
The opposition parties took the advantage to fire a few salvos at the ruling party ... minus points for ruling party ... Stretcher  The opposition parties sure know how to score political points in the midst of an impending GE ... Laughing

In golfing terms, this is called giving 2-stroke penalty to the ruling party lol!
Back to top Go down
kissthegreen
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer


Posts : 523
Join date : 2014-02-11

PostSubject: Re: MRT breakdown   Fri Jul 10, 2015 9:18 am

Objectively... One would have to see if the commuters are more cost-sensitive or service-sensitive. And I am mot referring to perspectives from drivers.. Government-owned will keep prices in check, more obligated to provide discounts or subsidies. Private will no doubt tend to more service oriented due to SLA and yes then the commuter costs will go up incrementally. Don't think we can find multiple capable bidders for this job though..
Hong Kong is a good example for us to follow.
Back to top Go down
TimLai
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer


Posts : 172
Join date : 2013-04-25
Location : East

PostSubject: Re: MRT breakdown   Fri Jul 10, 2015 10:24 am

Taipei Rapid Transit is a good example of how private rail company keeping the fare fare (with reference to local wage) and high reliability.
Back to top Go down
Kaii
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer


Posts : 204
Join date : 2014-07-28
Location : AMK

PostSubject: Re: MRT breakdown   Fri Jul 10, 2015 11:25 am

don't think I can trust this government to be competitive with their current policies. Public Housing is a very good example for slaving the people.

Politics is not about doing the right things but all about how to win votes. 
I give the older guards an 8 n current stewards only 3.


Last edited by Kaii on Sun Jul 12, 2015 10:57 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer


Posts : 5879
Join date : 2009-09-30
Age : 90
Location : Pin Hole

PostSubject: Re: MRT breakdown   Fri Jul 10, 2015 11:30 am

kissthegreen wrote:
Objectively... One would have to see if the commuters are more cost-sensitive or service-sensitive. And I am mot referring to perspectives from drivers.. Government-owned will keep prices in check, more obligated to provide discounts or subsidies. Private will no doubt tend to more service oriented due to SLA and yes then the commuter costs will go up incrementally. Don't think we can find multiple capable bidders for this job though..
Hong Kong is a good example for us to follow.

What you said above is not entirely true ... The Operator cannot hike their fare wherever or how much they like ... They need to seek approval from Singapore Transport Counsel.

With the mediocre service provided by the two existing operators, the Government still approved the fare hike recently ... And both Operators brought in good Profit last year (no losses) ... I therefore don't see the reason for the fare hike until they resolve all the outstanding operation issues ...
Back to top Go down
kissthegreen
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer


Posts : 523
Join date : 2014-02-11

PostSubject: Re: MRT breakdown   Fri Jul 10, 2015 9:48 pm

Turbo, I am not referring to unjust price hikes by private companies... Again, just sharing an objective holistic view of government owned vs private on cost vs services..
Back to top Go down
Nam Flog
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer


Posts : 437
Join date : 2013-12-01

PostSubject: Re: MRT breakdown   Sat Jul 11, 2015 8:46 am

I remember very clearly when I was in primary one, I boarded a bus, put $0.20 into the bin, the driver press a button and I walked behind to collect a small ticket with numbers printed on it. 

There was no aircon..

Once in a while a conductor will come and tear that ticket.

Those were the days.

People were less whiny, or they had less of a venue to whine.
Back to top Go down
flashpacker
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer


Posts : 844
Join date : 2013-03-10

PostSubject: Re: MRT breakdown   Sat Jul 11, 2015 10:41 am

Nam, Turbo and KTG are correct.

It is true that fares have increased.
But so has the number breakdowns and the scale of it!
People were happy then, but no so now.

Since this is a golf forum, then let me use golf speak.
This is like betting on Tiger woods to win another major
but he keeps getting into scandals and scoring 70s, 80s and going into 90s.
And the fans are unhappy.


Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Choo Yao Chuen
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 81
Join date : 2014-12-03
Age : 40
Location : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: MRT breakdown   Sun Jul 26, 2015 2:54 pm

Sadly, our garmen seems to be unable to rectify problems these days......
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: MRT breakdown   Today at 3:57 pm

Back to top Go down
 
MRT breakdown
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Team BreakDown OBA Try-Outs
» The Breakdown: v2 Rugby Podcast Week2
» Error on Djokovic's points breakdown?
» European breakdown cover
» Car breakdown in JB golf course

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic :: The 19th Hole :: Lounge-
Jump to:  
Friends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf Republic
Copyright © 2009 Golf Republic. All Rights Reserved.