Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.
 
HomeFAQCalendarRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Have you tried "FORGED SHAFT"?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
TigaWood
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 2411
Join date : 2009-11-29
Location : www.HuatLeow.com

PostSubject: Have you tried "FORGED SHAFT"?   Wed Oct 07, 2015 11:48 pm

Of course there's no such shaft!
But the closest you can get is a hybrid between graphite and steel.
Yes, I'm talking about the steelfiber shaft.

Just fitted my set of irons and the word to describe it, is ........"it's a forged shaft!"
I started golfing with DG than to NSPro to KBS. As age catches up I switched to Adilla and the ever famous Tour AD.
But I like the steelfiber best. 
The reason is simple.
It gives you a very soft feel and yet it does not spray like a typical graphite shaft.
Especially so when you are using a very soft flex like mine.
If you pair this shaft with a forged/blade head, the feel is orgasmic.
I'm very much a "Feel" player. 
I dare to say this shaft is better than the DG, NSPro, KBS, Adilla and Tour AD that I have played.

Could it be the club fitter?
Eric of BFG, without looking at my launch statistics prescribe my specs to his fitter. 
I was very impressed by his shaft selection and customisation.
It fits me so well that it's a joy to play golf again.
Just yesterday someone commented " wow, you are from kepple, no wonder your iron shots are so good"
Honestly, credit goes to Eric.
Surely he does not have the friendliest look.
But his skills is admirable and the charges are surprisingly reasonable for this high profile fitter.

Well done, Eric and the guys@BFG!
Back to top Go down
http://www.HuatLeow.com
lousyswinger
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 97
Join date : 2014-10-29
Age : 101

PostSubject: Re: Have you tried "FORGED SHAFT"?   Thu Oct 08, 2015 8:00 am

Misleading title, thought you were referring to house of forged shafts. 
Would be interested to hear any review or feedback on these shafts.
http://whiteshaft.com/
Back to top Go down
TigaWood
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 2411
Join date : 2009-11-29
Location : www.HuatLeow.com

PostSubject: Re: Have you tried "FORGED SHAFT"?   Thu Oct 08, 2015 12:18 pm

lousyswinger wrote:
Misleading title, thought you were referring to house of forged shafts. 
Would be interested to hear any review or feedback on these shafts.
http://whiteshaft.com/

Haha, didn't know there's this house of forged shaft.
Back to top Go down
http://www.HuatLeow.com
reallys
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer


Posts : 155
Join date : 2014-11-24

PostSubject: Re: Have you tried "FORGED SHAFT"?   Fri Oct 09, 2015 8:51 am

Everyone has shaft profile which will fit them, obviously your swing characteristics fit steelfiber and great that it's working out for you! I know they are great shafts and when you have a great fitter fit them for you, it will be magic. I know Eric will never fit me in to Steelfibers and another reason why he's so good! Enjoy them and have a blast!
Back to top Go down
TigaWood
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 2411
Join date : 2009-11-29
Location : www.HuatLeow.com

PostSubject: Re: Have you tried "FORGED SHAFT"?   Fri Oct 09, 2015 11:27 am

reallys wrote:
Everyone has shaft profile which will fit them, obviously your swing characteristics fit steelfiber and great that it's working out for you! I know they are great shafts and when you have a great fitter fit them for you, it will be magic. I know Eric will never fit me in to Steelfibers and another reason why he's so good! Enjoy them and have a blast!

Reallys, Although my comments seems a bit bias.
You are right, shafts need to fit each swing characteristic.

That is why:
1. I only compare/comments with those shaft that I have played, just to be fair.
2. I say "could it be the club fitter?"

Why did I say "could it be the club fitter?
To make the long story short.
I chose another slick looking shaft instead of Steelfiber after having the launch test with Eric's staff.
The reason I chose that shaft was because it looks nicer and Steelfiber looks very "Off Beat"(how shallow of me)
After at the range I felt something was wrong with this slick shaft and went back to BFG.
Eric ask me what is wrong and I could not even tell him what went wrong but only can say it don't feel good.
And he can articulated to me what exactly I felt wrong and explained all the mechanics of it.

After refitted with Steelfiber, immediately I felt good about the shaft at the range.
I did not write this "review" until after playing a few rounds in Singapore and JB.
It really confirmed my believe that the shaft is good when someone commented " your iron shots are so good"

And now I'm just giving credit were credit is due.
Back to top Go down
http://www.HuatLeow.com
ocp23
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer


Posts : 103
Join date : 2009-12-15

PostSubject: Re: Have you tried "FORGED SHAFT"?   Mon Oct 12, 2015 3:07 pm

Thanks TigaWood for sharing. I think there are 3 points in your post:
1. Get fitted for the right shaft,
2. Steelfiber is good (for him),
3. Dont judge a book by its cover.

I have been holding back seeing a fitter for sometime. Looks like I must make the jump very soon.....hahaha.
Back to top Go down
TigaWood
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 2411
Join date : 2009-11-29
Location : www.HuatLeow.com

PostSubject: Re: Have you tried "FORGED SHAFT"?   Mon Oct 12, 2015 6:00 pm

Yes you should, life is short.
BFG a premium fitter I must say, but their charges are not more expensive than a lot of the fitters out there.
Back to top Go down
http://www.HuatLeow.com
vinjess
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer


Posts : 708
Join date : 2012-11-28
Location : Jurong West / Boon Lay

PostSubject: Re: Have you tried "FORGED SHAFT"?   Mon Oct 12, 2015 7:06 pm

TigaWood wrote:
reallys wrote:
Everyone has shaft profile which will fit them, obviously your swing characteristics fit steelfiber and great that it's working out for you! I know they are great shafts and when you have a great fitter fit them for you, it will be magic. I know Eric will never fit me in to Steelfibers and another reason why he's so good! Enjoy them and have a blast!

Reallys, Although my comments seems a bit bias.
You are right, shafts need to fit each swing characteristic.

That is why:
1. I only compare/comments with those shaft that I have played, just to be fair.
2. I say "could it be the club fitter?"

Why did I say "could it be the club fitter?
To make the long story short.
I chose another slick looking shaft instead of Steelfiber after having the launch test with Eric's staff.
The reason I chose that shaft was because it looks nicer and Steelfiber looks very "Off Beat"(how shallow of me)
After at the range I felt something was wrong with this slick shaft and went back to BFG.
Eric ask me what is wrong and I could not even tell him what went wrong but only can say it don't feel good.
And he can articulated to me what exactly I felt wrong and explained all the mechanics of it.

After refitted with Steelfiber, immediately I felt good about the shaft at the range.
I did not write this "review" until after playing a few rounds in Singapore and JB.
It really confirmed my believe that the shaft is good when someone commented " your iron shots are so good"

And now I'm just giving credit were credit is due.

As a player of the slick shaft but unable to tell whats wrong and the fitter able to explain to u what is wrong with it. I think he is just more than a fitter?
Back to top Go down
willytan
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1170
Join date : 2012-12-29
Age : 40
Location : Central

PostSubject: Re: Have you tried "FORGED SHAFT"?   Mon Oct 12, 2015 8:00 pm

Alvin@ 

Sure anot? U used so many of them, which one is the best?
Back to top Go down
vinjess
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer


Posts : 708
Join date : 2012-11-28
Location : Jurong West / Boon Lay

PostSubject: Re: Have you tried "FORGED SHAFT"?   Mon Oct 12, 2015 8:12 pm

willytan wrote:
Alvin@ 

Sure anot? U used so many of them, which one is the best?

Dun play golf the best. Save money... hahahahahaha
Back to top Go down
willytan
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1170
Join date : 2012-12-29
Age : 40
Location : Central

PostSubject: Re: Have you tried "FORGED SHAFT"?   Mon Oct 12, 2015 9:31 pm

vinjess wrote:
willytan wrote:
Alvin@ 

Sure anot? U used so many of them, which one is the best?

Dun play golf the best. Save money... hahahahahaha

Hahahahaha.....

Tell me about it.....
Back to top Go down
vinjess
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer


Posts : 708
Join date : 2012-11-28
Location : Jurong West / Boon Lay

PostSubject: Re: Have you tried "FORGED SHAFT"?   Tue Oct 13, 2015 8:24 am

Keep sourcing for something easy to suit myself so spent alot lor. Cos no one will tell me what is wrong with me or my toy. Hahahha
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer


Posts : 5879
Join date : 2009-09-30
Age : 90
Location : Pin Hole

PostSubject: Re: Have you tried "FORGED SHAFT"?   Tue Oct 13, 2015 11:16 am

vinjess wrote:
willytan wrote:
Alvin@ 

Sure anot? U used so many of them, which one is the best?

Dun play golf the best. Save money... hahahahahaha
Why don't you say, don't own car better, $ave tonnes of $$$$ ... Laughing
Back to top Go down
vinjess
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer


Posts : 708
Join date : 2012-11-28
Location : Jurong West / Boon Lay

PostSubject: Re: Have you tried "FORGED SHAFT"?   Tue Oct 13, 2015 11:34 am

Turbo wrote:
vinjess wrote:
willytan wrote:
Alvin@ 

Sure anot? U used so many of them, which one is the best?

Dun play golf the best. Save money... hahahahahaha
Why don't you say, don't own car better, $ave tonnes of $$$$ ... Laughing

Turbo. U said it!!! I dun have a car. Kekekeke.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Have you tried "FORGED SHAFT"?   Today at 6:01 pm

Back to top Go down
 
Have you tried "FORGED SHAFT"?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Forged Iron & steel shaft for newbie???
» Legacy Forged Irons
» Forged Irons from Japan vs US or China – The Facts
» Nakashima
» For those that can't hit well with a TM stock shaft

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic :: The Pro Shop :: Equipment Reviews-
Jump to:  
Friends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf Republic
Copyright © 2009 Golf Republic. All Rights Reserved.