Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.
 
HomeFAQCalendarRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Adapter Sleeves from Ebay/China

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
garylin
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer


Posts : 503
Join date : 2010-11-01
Age : 31
Location : West

PostSubject: Adapter Sleeves from Ebay/China   Fri Feb 26, 2016 12:11 am

Hi all, I was sourcing for adapters and realised there are a number from ebay and china for about $10-$20. Anyone any experience with these? Trustworthy?
Back to top Go down
wongwengkham
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 15
Join date : 2013-03-04
Age : 68
Location : Seletar Hills

PostSubject: Re: Adapter Sleeves from Ebay/China   Fri Feb 26, 2016 11:45 am

garylin wrote:
Hi all, I was sourcing for adapters and realised there are a number from ebay and china for about $10-$20. Anyone any experience with these? Trustworthy?

I got an adaptor recently from Aliexpress for around USD8.00. many types are availabale for between USD8-10 each depending on model and make. My adaptor was delivered within 10 days. Trust it helps.
Back to top Go down
garylin
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer


Posts : 503
Join date : 2010-11-01
Age : 31
Location : West

PostSubject: Re: Adapter Sleeves from Ebay/China   Fri Feb 26, 2016 1:21 pm

wongwengkham wrote:
garylin wrote:
Hi all, I was sourcing for adapters and realised there are a number from ebay and china for about $10-$20. Anyone any experience with these? Trustworthy?

I got an adaptor recently from Aliexpress for around USD8.00. many types are availabale for between USD8-10 each depending on model and make. My adaptor was delivered within 10 days. Trust it helps.
Thanks! I'm not too worried on whether they will be delivered but more of the quality. Able to fit in properly ?
Back to top Go down
flashpacker
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer


Posts : 844
Join date : 2013-03-10

PostSubject: Re: Adapter Sleeves from Ebay/China   Fri Feb 26, 2016 7:05 pm

What is this adapter sleeve for?
Back to top Go down
garylin
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer


Posts : 503
Join date : 2010-11-01
Age : 31
Location : West

PostSubject: Re: Adapter Sleeves from Ebay/China   Fri Feb 26, 2016 7:09 pm

flashpacker wrote:
What is this adapter sleeve for?
You fit it at the end of your shaft (golf shaft) so that you can connect it to the driver. Looks like this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Tour-Issue-R1-RBZ-SLDR-Stage-2-Tp-335-Sleeve-Adapter-for-Taylormade-/311094021229?hash=item486ea60c6d
Back to top Go down
flashpacker
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer


Posts : 844
Join date : 2013-03-10

PostSubject: Re: Adapter Sleeves from Ebay/China   Fri Feb 26, 2016 8:26 pm

Oic...Thanks
Back to top Go down
entity
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer


Posts : 664
Join date : 2011-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Adapter Sleeves from Ebay/China   Fri Feb 26, 2016 10:53 pm

The compatible Titleist adaptors look and fit like the original, just without the serial numbers.
The only downside is adjusting the SureFit settings does not seem to do anything to the clubhead.
Back to top Go down
garylin
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer


Posts : 503
Join date : 2010-11-01
Age : 31
Location : West

PostSubject: Re: Adapter Sleeves from Ebay/China   Sat Feb 27, 2016 1:26 am

entity wrote:
The compatible Titleist adaptors look and fit like the original, just without the serial numbers.
The only downside is adjusting the SureFit settings does not seem to do anything to the clubhead.
thanks for the info! any experience with the taylormade adaptors?
Back to top Go down
brendanzhuo
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 98
Join date : 2010-01-08

PostSubject: Re: Adapter Sleeves from Ebay/China   Sat Feb 27, 2016 8:13 am

Is there any where that we can get the original Titleist ones?
Back to top Go down
garylin
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer


Posts : 503
Join date : 2010-11-01
Age : 31
Location : West

PostSubject: Re: Adapter Sleeves from Ebay/China   Sat Feb 27, 2016 1:18 pm

brendanzhuo wrote:
Is there any where that we can get the original Titleist ones?
can get from fitter. i last checked around 50-65 including installation
Back to top Go down
entity
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer


Posts : 664
Join date : 2011-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Adapter Sleeves from Ebay/China   Sat Feb 27, 2016 2:33 pm

garylin wrote:
entity wrote:
The compatible Titleist adaptors look and fit like the original, just without the serial numbers.
The only downside is adjusting the SureFit settings does not seem to do anything to the clubhead.
thanks for the info! any experience with the taylormade adaptors?
No direct experience with Taylormade adaptors so will leave this for others to comment.
Back to top Go down
entity
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer


Posts : 664
Join date : 2011-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Adapter Sleeves from Ebay/China   Sat Feb 27, 2016 2:47 pm

garylin wrote:
brendanzhuo wrote:
Is there any where that we can get the original Titleist ones?
can get from fitter. i last checked around 50-65 including installation
I read sometime ago that Titleist does not sell original adaptors separately, only with their clubs or shafts.

This practice may have changed since then, so this may not be applicable now.  In many cases golfers stick to the same setting most of the time so adjustability may not be fully utilised anyway.  Having a few shafts fitted on OEM adaptors will give you the option of playing shafts for varying course conditions (windy, hard, soft) at a lower cost.
Back to top Go down
garylin
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer


Posts : 503
Join date : 2010-11-01
Age : 31
Location : West

PostSubject: Re: Adapter Sleeves from Ebay/China   Sat Feb 27, 2016 5:15 pm

entity wrote:
garylin wrote:
brendanzhuo wrote:
Is there any where that we can get the original Titleist ones?
can get from fitter. i last checked around 50-65 including installation
I read sometime ago that Titleist does not sell original adaptors separately, only with their clubs or shafts.

This practice may have changed since then, so this may not be applicable now.  In many cases golfers stick to the same setting most of the time so adjustability may not be fully utilised anyway.  Having a few shafts fitted on OEM adaptors will give you the option of playing shafts for varying course conditions (windy, hard, soft) at a lower cost.
Was at Far East and saw that the fitter had quite a number of Titleist adapters. They showed me that they had serial numbers and are original adapters. Maybe now it is possible to get original adapters from Titleist. Also, one of the fitters commented that some of the OEM adapters they fitted for Titleist had some weird sound. So remember to look out!
Back to top Go down
willytan
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1170
Join date : 2012-12-29
Age : 40
Location : Central

PostSubject: Re: Adapter Sleeves from Ebay/China   Sat Feb 27, 2016 8:09 pm

brendanzhuo wrote:
Is there any where that we can get the original Titleist ones?

I have a diamana shaft with original adaptor for sale if u are interested.

http://golfsite.sg/ads/diamana-s62-x5ct-with-titleist-adaptor/
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer


Posts : 5879
Join date : 2009-09-30
Age : 90
Location : Pin Hole

PostSubject: Re: Adapter Sleeves from Ebay/China   Sat Feb 27, 2016 10:41 pm

In my opinion, the adaptor does not have significant impact on ones swing result. Your technique, condition of grip, grip size, shaft and club head are more vital ...

The golf shop owners are only trying to freighten u so that you would pay more for Titleist adapter. Actually Titlesit does not manufacture adaptor, weights, etc. All these accessories are manufactured for them by OEM in China but of course in accordance to Titleist spec.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Adapter Sleeves from Ebay/China   Today at 9:30 pm

Back to top Go down
 
Adapter Sleeves from Ebay/China
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Adapter Sleeves from Ebay/China
» Where can I buy Cobra S3 driver adapter sleeve?
» China duel bearing wheels?
» Cheap Braid From China
» Ebay rads from china

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic :: The Pro Shop :: Golf Equipment-
Jump to:  
Friends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf Republic
Copyright © 2009 Golf Republic. All Rights Reserved.