Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeFAQCalendarRegisterLog in

Share | 

Golf score before going for handicap courtesy round

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
mitrex
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Golf score before going for handicap courtesy round   Sat Feb 27, 2016 1:03 am

Hi Everybody

Am trying to collect score card however I'm playing 130 and above.
Just wondering how much are you guys playing before going for courtesy round so that I can set a target b4 going for CR
Back to top Go down
brendanzhuo
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Golf score before going for handicap courtesy round   Sat Feb 27, 2016 8:22 am

Where are u getting ur handicap from? Any restrictions? 

See extract below from NSRCC website as an example. But I'm not sure if they are really sticky about it cos I remember I have a card that's slightly above 120 and I'm still allowed to take the test. 

Before applying for courtesy round, members are required to submit **5 scorecards of 18 holes played at NSRCC each with a gross score of < 116 for men and < 120 for ladies. 
Back to top Go down
mitrex
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Golf score before going for handicap courtesy round   Sat Feb 27, 2016 9:26 am

Hi Brendazhou

So u were playing about 11plus when u took your handicap?
Back to top Go down
oldie-newbie
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Golf score before going for handicap courtesy round   Sat Feb 27, 2016 10:27 am

as long as you can progress the ball and observe etiquette should be no problem. Unless damn jialat else don't think will fail. I think 9 holes cannot score more than 59 or something but they will give and take a bit one
Back to top Go down
mitrex
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Golf score before going for handicap courtesy round   Sat Feb 27, 2016 10:31 am

Hi oldie-newbie

Thanks for the advise.
What about yourself? How much were u playing before u attempted the handical?
Back to top Go down
willytan
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Golf score before going for handicap courtesy round   Sat Feb 27, 2016 8:14 pm

There is no hard & fast rules that the 5 score card must be of certain scores in order to qualify for a courtesy round.

after getting ur hcp, u have all the time & chance to gain more skill & experience to lower ur score n hcp index.
Back to top Go down
skybobo
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Golf score before going for handicap courtesy round   Sat Feb 27, 2016 8:47 pm

Willy is right. There is no hard and fast rule of a certain score to submit for CR. As long as you can airborne your ball and observe basic etiquette and rules, you should be fine. Rem, it is a courtesy round and not a handicap test. So there is no 9 hole below 59 kind of things. In fact, the most I think you will play is 3 holes.

Note, the score cards thT you submitted will be used to determine your handicap. Why 5 cards? Because this is the minimum no of cards that USGA will consider before granting a handicap.

All the best
Back to top Go down
mitrex
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Golf score before going for handicap courtesy round   Sat Feb 27, 2016 8:51 pm

Hi All

Thank you very much for the information.
They are really useful.
Sorry for asking, is handicap 24 the highest a person can achieve
Since there is no min score require in the score card?
Back to top Go down
skybobo
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Golf score before going for handicap courtesy round   Sat Feb 27, 2016 9:11 pm

No. U can go until > 36 also possible. However most golf clubs have a rule that your hcp must be 24 and below before u can play on weekends. For ladies, it's < 36
Back to top Go down
willytan
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Golf score before going for handicap courtesy round   Sat Feb 27, 2016 9:11 pm

A reference to ur question:

http://www.sga.org.sg/usga-handicap-system/

Hope it will help.
Back to top Go down
oldie-newbie
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Golf score before going for handicap courtesy round   Sun Feb 28, 2016 1:27 am

skybobo wrote:
Willy is right. There is no hard and fast rule of a certain score to submit for CR. As long as you can airborne your ball and observe basic etiquette and rules, you should be fine. Rem, it is a courtesy round and not a handicap test. So there is no 9 hole below 59 kind of things. In fact, the most I think you will play is 3 holes.

Note, the score cards thT you submitted will be used to determine your handicap. Why 5 cards? Because this is the minimum no of cards that USGA will consider before granting a handicap.

All the best

mygolfkaki CR got score ceiling, i believe was 59 when I took my CR. We all played 9 holes.
Back to top Go down
oldie-newbie
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Golf score before going for handicap courtesy round   Sun Feb 28, 2016 1:28 am

mitrex wrote:
Hi oldie-newbie

Thanks for the advise.
What about yourself? How much were u playing before u attempted the handical?

abt 120 - 130 plus minus
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Golf score before going for handicap courtesy round   

Back to top Go down

Golf score before going for handicap courtesy round
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1