Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.
 
HomeFAQCalendarRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Callaway Pm grind vs Titliest sm6

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
SamuelG
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 4
Join date : 2015-12-30

PostSubject: Callaway Pm grind vs Titliest sm6   Sat Mar 19, 2016 2:53 pm

Hi guys

I'm new to Golf. I'm looking at getting a new 60 deg wedges. But I'm confused on which to get. Callaway Pm grind or the new Titliest sm6?
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer


Posts : 5879
Join date : 2009-09-30
Age : 90
Location : Pin Hole

PostSubject: Re: Callaway Pm grind vs Titliest sm6   Sat Mar 19, 2016 10:47 pm

SM5 if not SM6!!
Back to top Go down
brendanzhuo
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 97
Join date : 2010-01-08

PostSubject: Re: Callaway Pm grind vs Titliest sm6   Sat Mar 19, 2016 11:02 pm

Agree. SM5!!
Back to top Go down
SamuelG
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 4
Join date : 2015-12-30

PostSubject: Re: Callaway Pm grind vs Titliest sm6   Sun Mar 20, 2016 5:31 pm

Thanks I will go check out the SM 5 and 6
Back to top Go down
lousyswinger
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 97
Join date : 2014-10-29
Age : 101

PostSubject: Re: Callaway Pm grind vs Titliest sm6   Mon Mar 21, 2016 7:46 am

Anyone tired Callaway pm grind? Seldom see them in the marketplace. Seems like a keeper.
Back to top Go down
milkem
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer


Posts : 142
Join date : 2015-10-11

PostSubject: Re: Callaway Pm grind vs Titliest sm6   Tue Mar 29, 2016 1:27 pm

SamuelG wrote:
Hi guys

I'm new to Golf. I'm looking at getting a new 60 deg wedges. But I'm confused on which to get. Callaway Pm grind or the new Titliest sm6?

For a new golfer, I'm not sure if 60º is a good choice, I think it may not be the easiest wedge to use green-side, maybe check with your golf pro first on his recommendation? Just my 2c, perhaps a 56º might be more versatile and easier to use?

Swing
Back to top Go down
Gofnut
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer


Posts : 503
Join date : 2013-02-26
Location : Central

PostSubject: Re: Callaway Pm grind vs Titliest sm6   Tue Mar 29, 2016 2:06 pm

Agree with Milkem. I find you need to have confidence and consistent good contact to get the best out of a 60 deg wedge. If you do not execute it well, the error is magnified. For a beginner, I would suggest chipping with 8 - PW iron where to error margin is more forgiving.
Back to top Go down
Rafj
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer


Posts : 343
Join date : 2013-04-28
Age : 44
Location : Where there's large patches of Green :-)

PostSubject: Re: Callaway Pm grind vs Titliest sm6   Tue Mar 29, 2016 6:12 pm

In all honesty, the 60 deg wedges usually comes with very low bounce and it would be rather tough for a beginner to manage the ball striking consistently.

Try chipping with a 56 deg or 58 deg first. It's definitely more forgiving....

Hope this helps..

:-)
Back to top Go down
milkem
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer


Posts : 142
Join date : 2015-10-11

PostSubject: Re: Callaway Pm grind vs Titliest sm6   Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:26 am

Rafj wrote:
In all honesty, the 60 deg wedges usually comes with very low bounce and it would be rather tough for a beginner to manage the ball striking consistently.

Try chipping with a 56 deg or 58 deg first. It's definitely more forgiving....

Hope this helps..

:-)

Ray bro, when are you going to impart some of your kungfu to me?  HELP

lol!
Back to top Go down
Rafj
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer


Posts : 343
Join date : 2013-04-28
Age : 44
Location : Where there's large patches of Green :-)

PostSubject: Re: Callaway Pm grind vs Titliest sm6   Wed Mar 30, 2016 5:13 pm

milkem wrote:
Rafj wrote:
In all honesty, the 60 deg wedges usually comes with very low bounce and it would be rather tough for a beginner to manage the ball striking consistently.

Try chipping with a 56 deg or 58 deg first. It's definitely more forgiving....

Hope this helps..

:-)

Ray bro, when are you going to impart some of your kungfu to me?  HELP

lol!
Haha,

anytime after 18 April Bro.

Seletar? :-)
Back to top Go down
golftraveller
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 32
Join date : 2014-09-23

PostSubject: Re: Callaway Pm grind vs Titliest sm6   Thu Apr 07, 2016 12:35 pm

I m having a Callaway PM 64* wedge 
I would say it's a good wedge that allows me to attack the green with better control

For wedge, the look is one of the key factor of my selection
The PM maybe not appealing to most golfer as its not in traditional shape
But the funky look attracts me and I feel like I can have a better control with the PM 

(I m not good at short game actually)
Back to top Go down
http://golftraveller.wordpress.com
angeldogleslie
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer


Posts : 332
Join date : 2012-01-12

PostSubject: Re: Callaway Pm grind vs Titliest sm6   Thu Apr 07, 2016 5:52 pm

golftraveller wrote:
I m having a Callaway PM 64* wedge 
I would say it's a good wedge that allows me to attack the green with better control

For wedge, the look is one of the key factor of my selection
The PM maybe not appealing to most golfer as its not in traditional shape
But the funky look attracts me and I feel like I can have a better control with the PM 

(I m not good at short game actually)

You are too kind to yourself! Haha, not many dares to use a 64 around the green! I'm actually keen to get the 56 and 60 PM wedge, to replace my existing wedges. hahaha
Back to top Go down
Online
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Callaway Pm grind vs Titliest sm6   Today at 12:30 pm

Back to top Go down
 
Callaway Pm grind vs Titliest sm6
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Callaway PM Grind wedge
» Callaway Pm grind vs Titliest sm6
» 2010 Callaway Golf Catalog
» For Callaway lovers - TJ's New Razr Blade
» Callaway FTiQ Driver

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic :: The Pro Shop :: Golf Equipment-
Jump to:  
Friends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf Republic
Copyright © 2009 Golf Republic. All Rights Reserved.