Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.
 
HomeFAQCalendarRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Teeing from the Blue Tee - Making the Game more difficult than it is!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Quest
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer


Posts : 321
Join date : 2009-11-05
Location : Borrowed fairway

PostSubject: Teeing from the Blue Tee - Making the Game more difficult than it is!   Sun Dec 27, 2009 8:26 pm

I believe most of us may have experienced this as well. I am referring to golfers who tee off from the blue tee when their games are not yet ready for such an exercise. I was taught when I took my test that only those with hcap 18 and below can tee-off from blue. (Correct me if I'm wrong.) But I have encountered this phenomenon in my last couple of games. Golfers who can hardly reach the fairway from the blue tees or are spraying shots all over the place teeing off there. It is a frustrating sight and affects the game of those who are waiting behind.

What is the fun of the game when the player is not able to go for the green in regulation and have to plough on the fairway or worse in the rough to get to the green on the fourth, fifth shot or xxx shot? I wonder how the golfers who persist to tee off at the wrong place can still enjoy the game when they have made it so difficult for themselves in the first place.

There is nothing wrong teeing from the white first. We just have to keep our egos in check and attempt the blue when our games are ready. In this way, we have fun on the course and the flights behind can also have their fun as well. Less time will also be wasted.
Back to top Go down
Roystonnn
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1324
Join date : 2009-07-05
Age : 35
Location : Sometimes Serangoon Sometimes India

PostSubject: Re: Teeing from the Blue Tee - Making the Game more difficult than it is!   Sun Dec 27, 2009 8:33 pm

ya, i dun like teeing off from blue leh..
really sianz 1/2 doin that as my driver is really bad..
Machiam sprayin insecticide, only 200m max.

But no choice when some kaki only tee-off blue. hur hur hur.
If I go white while they blue, not so nice la.. difficult to compare score eh. Very Happy

Wonder if tmr my game with Nientsu and friends r teeing off from blue. keke. Razz
Back to top Go down
shorthitter
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals


Posts : 1725
Join date : 2009-06-17
Location : Laguna National Golf and Country Club

PostSubject: Re: Teeing from the Blue Tee - Making the Game more difficult than it is!   Sun Dec 27, 2009 8:35 pm

Roystonnn wrote:
ya, i dun like teeing off from blue leh..
really sianz 1/2 doin that as my driver is really bad..
Machiam sprayin insecticide, only 200m max.

But no choice when some kaki only tee-off blue. hur hur hur.
If I go white while they blue, not so nice la.. difficult to compare score eh. Very Happy

Wonder if tmr my game with Nientsu and friends r teeing off from blue. keke. Razz


GOLDS............. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.2telgolf.com
hoelwill
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer


Posts : 391
Join date : 2009-09-09
Location : Bukit Batok cough cough cough

PostSubject: Re: Teeing from the Blue Tee - Making the Game more difficult than it is!   Sun Dec 27, 2009 8:37 pm

I've teeing off blue since i started golf though...so i stand on the other side of the world...
Roystonn finally we get to meet, tomorrow!
Back to top Go down
botak
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1236
Join date : 2009-08-27
Location : Everywhere... but the golf course :(

PostSubject: Re: Teeing from the Blue Tee - Making the Game more difficult than it is!   Sun Dec 27, 2009 8:41 pm

shorthitter wrote:
Roystonnn wrote:
ya, i dun like teeing off from blue leh..
really sianz 1/2 doin that as my driver is really bad..
Machiam sprayin insecticide, only 200m max.

But no choice when some kaki only tee-off blue. hur hur hur.
If I go white while they blue, not so nice la.. difficult to compare score eh. Very Happy

Wonder if tmr my game with Nientsu and friends r teeing off from blue. keke. Razz


GOLDS............. Very Happy

affraid
Back to top Go down
jaketang
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 2648
Join date : 2009-06-20
Age : 41
Location : East

PostSubject: Re: Teeing from the Blue Tee - Making the Game more difficult than it is!   Sun Dec 27, 2009 8:45 pm

willy, u diff... u super strong... u super far.....

but bro quest got a point....some golfers really got difficulty playing off blue...but sometimes it's the "shoikness" achieving par from blue...
but it's wrong to slow play.....

but i m guilty of playing off blue... Embarassed even though now i teeing off 190m max.... i machiam play ballon golf... Mad
Back to top Go down
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer


Posts : 5692
Join date : 2009-06-19
Age : 47
Location : Wild Wild West

PostSubject: Re: Teeing from the Blue Tee - Making the Game more difficult than it is!   Sun Dec 27, 2009 9:02 pm

jaketang wrote:
willy, u diff... u super strong... u super far.....

but bro quest got a point....some golfers really got difficulty playing off blue...but sometimes it's the "shoikness" achieving par from blue...
but it's wrong to slow play.....

but i m guilty of playing off blue... Embarassed even though now i teeing off 190m max.... i machiam play ballon golf... Mad



wah, so modest n frank, no choice lor, guess i have to come out n admit that me as guilty as JT...... shd stick with white tee now, if not cant play with JT.....

JT, only 190m, heng man, me outdrive u by 5m.....195m
Back to top Go down
cmclee
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer


Posts : 185
Join date : 2009-07-31
Location : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: Teeing from the Blue Tee - Making the Game more difficult than it is!   Sun Dec 27, 2009 9:13 pm

I think you are right that only handicaps below 18 are supposed to play from Blue. At home clubs, most will play from blue given their familiarity of the course and also peer pressure from the regular kakis. Cool
Back to top Go down
Edgarkj
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer


Posts : 195
Join date : 2009-12-07

PostSubject: Re: Teeing from the Blue Tee - Making the Game more difficult than it is!   Sun Dec 27, 2009 9:25 pm

I played at NSRCC over the weekend.... the flight in front of me was playing the blues, and a few times, one of them couldnt even clear the ladies tees. And to make things worse, they were just strolling in the park.

We spoke with passing marshalls, and they told us that NSRCC members purposely don't submit score cards so that their handicaps will be cut so they can legitimately play the blues.... so nothing they can do

As long as play is half decent, and play is efficient and fast, then it doesnt matter how far the tee off is nor which tees u use.....in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
Cyp_PGA
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1141
Join date : 2009-11-11
Age : 27
Location : Gold Coast , QLD

PostSubject: Re: Teeing from the Blue Tee - Making the Game more difficult than it is!   Sun Dec 27, 2009 9:55 pm

GOLF course is design from the gold tee .... I prefere play gold then blue or white tee ...GOLD tee feel like i really play golf n train for my school
Back to top Go down
jaketang
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 2648
Join date : 2009-06-20
Age : 41
Location : East

PostSubject: Re: Teeing from the Blue Tee - Making the Game more difficult than it is!   Sun Dec 27, 2009 9:56 pm

Edgarkj wrote:
I played at NSRCC over the weekend.... the flight in front of me was playing the blues, and a few times, one of them couldnt even clear the ladies tees. And to make things worse, they were just strolling in the park.

We spoke with passing marshalls, and they told us that NSRCC members purposely don't submit score cards so that their handicaps will be cut so they can legitimately play the blues.... so nothing they can do

As long as play is half decent, and play is efficient and fast, then it doesnt matter how far the tee off is nor which tees u use.....in my opinion.

u r rite in the "unsubmitting" of score cards to reduce the hcp...

but in safra changi, i dun think the marshal will let them stroll.....
Back to top Go down
jaketang
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 2648
Join date : 2009-06-20
Age : 41
Location : East

PostSubject: Re: Teeing from the Blue Tee - Making the Game more difficult than it is!   Sun Dec 27, 2009 9:57 pm

slinger wrote:
jaketang wrote:
willy, u diff... u super strong... u super far.....

but bro quest got a point....some golfers really got difficulty playing off blue...but sometimes it's the "shoikness" achieving par from blue...
but it's wrong to slow play.....

but i m guilty of playing off blue... Embarassed even though now i teeing off 190m max.... i machiam play ballon golf... Mad



wah, so modest n frank, no choice lor, guess i have to come out n admit that me as guilty as JT...... shd stick with white tee now, if not cant play with JT.....

JT, only 190m, heng man, me outdrive u by 5m.....195m

bro, i change back to the old driver head, now drive is really balloning... Sad no bluff u...
i thgt the old XL head can be used.... so i will try another few more games to see how....
Back to top Go down
nutty88
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1158
Join date : 2009-07-01
Age : 48
Location : Little Red Dot

PostSubject: Re: Teeing from the Blue Tee - Making the Game more difficult than it is!   Sun Dec 27, 2009 10:09 pm

I think Singapore is more controlled as compared to our friendly neighbour. I have seen folks who need to use driver on long par 3 and still short of the green. I do agree that people should stick to their playing ability. Can I play red tee next time?
Back to top Go down
mengteck71
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1766
Join date : 2009-06-27
Age : 45

PostSubject: Re: Teeing from the Blue Tee - Making the Game more difficult than it is!   Sun Dec 27, 2009 10:10 pm

IMHO, mishits, slice or hook or hockey shots are ok. Most of still have such mishits occasionally. At least we are still gaining distance.

Imagine this: Buggy not permitted into fairway. Someone takes a club, walk to ball, change mind, walks back to buggy, change club, walks back to ball, practice a few shots, hit the ball, realize no sand bottle, walks back to buggy, clean club, take sand bottle, walk to divot.. pour sand, then walks back to buggy and drive off.

Imagine again: one person taking a few practice shots. partner came over, tries to correct his swing, then he takes a few practice swing again, then hit a hockey shot..

Above two situation really pissed me off as i have experienced both
Back to top Go down
Roystonnn
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1324
Join date : 2009-07-05
Age : 35
Location : Sometimes Serangoon Sometimes India

PostSubject: Re: Teeing from the Blue Tee - Making the Game more difficult than it is!   Sun Dec 27, 2009 10:17 pm

wa seh.. i shouldn't be playing with CYP then...
Already reluctant to tee-off frm blue, not to mention gold. keke.

Yes Hoewill!!
Tmr will see u!!
The last time didnt manage to play a game with u...
But remember, I am beginner when playing white...
Even more beginner when play blue. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
jaketang
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 2648
Join date : 2009-06-20
Age : 41
Location : East

PostSubject: Re: Teeing from the Blue Tee - Making the Game more difficult than it is!   Sun Dec 27, 2009 10:22 pm

Roystonnn wrote:
wa seh.. i shouldn't be playing with CYP then...
Already reluctant to tee-off frm blue, not to mention gold. keke.

Yes Hoewill!!
Tmr will see u!!
The last time didnt manage to play a game with u...
But remember, I am beginner when playing white...
Even more beginner when play blue. Very Happy

bro, juz try to play yr game.... dun be affected by others... Smile
if u keep trying to match them, u will not enjoy the game so much...

tht;s y golf got hcp diff ma rite? Smile
Back to top Go down
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer


Posts : 7236
Join date : 2009-06-19
Location : Sillypore

PostSubject: Re: Teeing from the Blue Tee - Making the Game more difficult than it is!   Sun Dec 27, 2009 10:25 pm

On the contrary, blue tee is easier for me. i usually play worse off the whites.
Back to top Go down
jaketang
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 2648
Join date : 2009-06-20
Age : 41
Location : East

PostSubject: Re: Teeing from the Blue Tee - Making the Game more difficult than it is!   Sun Dec 27, 2009 10:26 pm

mUAr_cHEe wrote:
On the contrary, blue tee is easier for me. i usually play worse off the whites.

u diff ma bro.....

ppl like us can nvr attain yr drive.... Sad
Back to top Go down
Khorkar
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 2978
Join date : 2009-06-19
Age : 42
Location : Sinkapoh

PostSubject: Re: Teeing from the Blue Tee - Making the Game more difficult than it is!   Sun Dec 27, 2009 10:37 pm

Actually, this is also what a few fellers told me as well. When they play whites, their game was totally off. Its a mental thing.
Back to top Go down
Roystonnn
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1324
Join date : 2009-07-05
Age : 35
Location : Sometimes Serangoon Sometimes India

PostSubject: Re: Teeing from the Blue Tee - Making the Game more difficult than it is!   Sun Dec 27, 2009 10:43 pm

jaketang wrote:
Roystonnn wrote:
wa seh.. i shouldn't be playing with CYP then...
Already reluctant to tee-off frm blue, not to mention gold. keke.

Yes Hoewill!!
Tmr will see u!!
The last time didnt manage to play a game with u...
But remember, I am beginner when playing white...
Even more beginner when play blue. Very Happy

bro, juz try to play yr game.... dun be affected by others... Smile
if u keep trying to match them, u will not enjoy the game so much...

tht;s y golf got hcp diff ma rite? Smile

Yes Master JT! Very Happy
Everytime, before any game, I always ask myself relax.. keke. Always too excited. Very Happy BUt everytime still end up kan chiong. hur hur hur..

2nd 9 hole then managed to calm down. Very Happy
Tmr I shall be relax! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer


Posts : 5692
Join date : 2009-06-19
Age : 47
Location : Wild Wild West

PostSubject: Re: Teeing from the Blue Tee - Making the Game more difficult than it is!   Sun Dec 27, 2009 11:00 pm

mUAr_cHEe wrote:
On the contrary, blue tee is easier for me. i usually play worse off the whites.

aisay....
Back to top Go down
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer


Posts : 5692
Join date : 2009-06-19
Age : 47
Location : Wild Wild West

PostSubject: Re: Teeing from the Blue Tee - Making the Game more difficult than it is!   Sun Dec 27, 2009 11:01 pm

Khorkar wrote:
Actually, this is also what a few fellers told me as well. When they play whites, their game was totally off. Its a mental thing.


no leh, i play better white....jut like JT
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer


Posts : 8185
Join date : 2009-06-19

PostSubject: Re: Teeing from the Blue Tee - Making the Game more difficult than it is!   Sun Dec 27, 2009 11:45 pm

Assuming one is an ave golfer...playing white or blue will require differnt clubs...so good as practise....

As for me, one of my frens once said....I should avoid all colors but red....if possible....sighhh (x 10)
Back to top Go down
ghoonk
Honorary Landscaper
Honorary Landscaper


Posts : 2414
Join date : 2009-12-16
Age : 43
Location : Dubai / Singapore

PostSubject: Re: Teeing from the Blue Tee - Making the Game more difficult than it is!   Sun Dec 27, 2009 11:57 pm

Can i play off the white tees when I play with you guys next time? My 18 HCP is not stable leh. Just shot 94 today. Razz

Kena stuck behind a 4-ball flight today, all of them should not be on the blues. They barely made it past the red tees, and frikking played each hole 100 yds at a time, 3 and 4 putting off the damn greens. *grr*
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer


Posts : 8185
Join date : 2009-06-19

PostSubject: Re: Teeing from the Blue Tee - Making the Game more difficult than it is!   Mon Dec 28, 2009 12:02 am

Quote :
ghoonk wrote:
Can i play off the white tees when I play with you guys next time? My 18 HCP is not stable leh. Just shot 94 today. Razz

Kena stuck behind a 4-ball flight today, all of them should not be on the blues. They barely made it past the red tees, and frikking played each hole 100 yds at a time, 3 and 4 putting off the damn greens. *grr*


bro..you played in Malaysia ?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Teeing from the Blue Tee - Making the Game more difficult than it is!   Today at 10:38 pm

Back to top Go down
 
Teeing from the Blue Tee - Making the Game more difficult than it is!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Teeing Off From Blue Tee
» Dingbats
» Carolina Panthers Blue Gamer and Game Pants
» Chargers Mathews - Powder Blue Game Issued / Signed
» Toronto Blue Jays Talk

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic :: The Clubhouse :: Golf Talk-
Jump to:  
Friends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf Republic
Copyright © 2009 Golf Republic. All Rights Reserved.