Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.
 
HomeFAQCalendarRegisterLog in
Share | 
 

 Honma Clubs, good ?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
jskywlker
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts: 2
Join date: 2009-12-31

PostSubject: Honma Clubs, good ?   Fri 08 Jan 2010, 1:14 pm

Am thinking of getting a set of irons.

Considering a set of Honma Irons.

Are they good ? Seldom see any pro using them....

Is Honma a hype, myth or fact ?

Would like to hear from fellow golfers that use them.
Back to top Go down
JonL_TK
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts: 2661
Join date: 2009-12-23
Age: 33
Location: Pasir Gudang / Singapore

PostSubject: Re: Honma Clubs, good ?   Fri 08 Jan 2010, 1:30 pm

jskywlker wrote:
Am thinking of getting a set of irons.

Considering a set of Honma Irons.

Are they good ? Seldom see any pro using them....

Is Honma a hype, myth or fact ?

Would like to hear from fellow golfers that use them.
My dad used to have a set of Honma clubs... Mine personal opinion
is that they are very forgiving... and for some reason... when u "top"
the ball with Honma's... they still run really far...

Easy clubs to use i would say...
Back to top Go down
TigaWood
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts: 2366
Join date: 2009-11-29
Location: www.HuatLeow.com

PostSubject: Re: Honma Clubs, good ?   Fri 08 Jan 2010, 2:45 pm

great great feel, strong loft
Back to top Go down
http://www.HuatLeow.com
daveaha
Course Marshal
Course Marshal


Posts: 3179
Join date: 2009-06-22
Age: 38
Location: Singapore

PostSubject: Re: Honma Clubs, good ?   Fri 08 Jan 2010, 3:33 pm

I thought Honma is a high end end in the sense of the pricing... expensive..

That's why it's a common bribing tool in Indonesia too for govt. officials... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.nufc.sg
ironfist
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts: 1210
Join date: 2009-07-30
Age: 27
Location: Serangoon Gardens

PostSubject: Re: Honma Clubs, good ?   Fri 08 Jan 2010, 3:41 pm

hi everyone! Smile

i think honma is kinda like gucci/prada/other branded goods; well-made no doubt, but you're paying more for the brand. saw a china businessman at MBGC with a full honma beres set. damn tempted to sapoh! haha still i'd rather spend my money on mizuno. Razz
Back to top Go down
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts: 3344
Join date: 2009-10-16
Location: Singapore

PostSubject: Re: Honma Clubs, good ?   Fri 08 Jan 2010, 5:09 pm

ironfist wrote:
hi everyone! Smile

i think honma is kinda like gucci/prada/other branded goods; well-made no doubt, but you're paying more for the brand. saw a china businessman at MBGC with a full honma beres set. damn tempted to sapoh! haha still i'd rather spend my money on mizuno. Razz

Since you put it that way, I think Honma would be the Louis Vuitton of Golf .

Titu
Back to top Go down
JonL_TK
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts: 2661
Join date: 2009-12-23
Age: 33
Location: Pasir Gudang / Singapore

PostSubject: Re: Honma Clubs, good ?   Fri 08 Jan 2010, 5:11 pm

ironfist wrote:
hi everyone! Smile

i think honma is kinda like gucci/prada/other branded goods; well-made no doubt, but you're paying more for the brand. saw a china businessman at MBGC with a full honma beres set. damn tempted to sapoh! haha still i'd rather spend my money on mizuno. Razz
Dunno real or not... Somemore you say China Businessman
Back to top Go down
HyBriD
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer


Posts: 764
Join date: 2010-01-27
Age: 50
Location: Metro Manila, Philippines

PostSubject: Re: Honma Clubs, good ?   Wed 03 Feb 2010, 11:26 pm

Honma Beres is a premium brand japanese Golf club.

It's very very expensive here in our country.

I have seen how great the clubs are.
They're very forgiving and offers great distance.
Back to top Go down
http://facebook.com/pnchung
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts: 3344
Join date: 2009-10-16
Location: Singapore

PostSubject: Re: Honma Clubs, good ?   Wed 03 Feb 2010, 11:33 pm

JonL_TK wrote:
jskywlker wrote:
Am thinking of getting a set of irons.

Considering a set of Honma Irons.

Are they good ? Seldom see any pro using them....

Is Honma a hype, myth or fact ?

Would like to hear from fellow golfers that use them.
My dad used to have a set of Honma clubs... Mine personal opinion
is that they are very forgiving... and for some reason... when u "top"
the ball with Honma's... they still run really far...

Easy clubs to use i would say...

Me when topped my ball also can challenge other people for distance also leh Peace But mine not so ex la...... jocolor


Titu Swing good putt I HIT IT
Back to top Go down
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts: 3344
Join date: 2009-10-16
Location: Singapore

PostSubject: Re: Honma Clubs, good ?   Wed 03 Feb 2010, 11:39 pm

Just the other day I was at Wheelock House and step in to the Honma Boutique. They were offering one of the model, dunno which one though, a brand new 7 iron at just $70. Thought of jusyt buying for the fun of it and put in the bag and can show people I also got HOnma kekekek...Style mau ajah..Kalah tak apa... Any way beware, Honma got a lot of imitations in the market. affraid


Titu
Back to top Go down
Kopi Towkay
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer


Posts: 531
Join date: 2009-06-22
Location: One Degree North!

PostSubject: Re: Honma Clubs, good ?   Thu 04 Feb 2010, 6:37 am

Tituman wrote:
JonL_TK wrote:
jskywlker wrote:
Am thinking of getting a set of irons.

Considering a set of Honma Irons.

Are they good ? Seldom see any pro using them....

Is Honma a hype, myth or fact ?

Would like to hear from fellow golfers that use them.
My dad used to have a set of Honma clubs... Mine personal opinion
is that they are very forgiving... and for some reason... when u "top"
the ball with Honma's... they still run really far...

Easy clubs to use i would say...

Me when topped my ball also can challenge other people for distance also leh Peace But mine not so ex la...... jocolor


Titu Swing good putt I HIT IT

Topping a ball is the preferred method in this clip:

Back to top Go down
Liv2golf
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts: 23
Join date: 2010-02-02

PostSubject: Re: Honma Clubs, good ?   Thu 04 Feb 2010, 9:49 am

I am currently using a set of Honma's. My frank assessment is that they provide a very soft and buttery feel when you hit it the sweetspot. Even when using very hard compression balls, you will not feel you are using a "dead club". The shaft is very light and it suits beginner to mid handicappers.
Back to top Go down
LinLauPeh
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer


Posts: 402
Join date: 2009-08-29
Age: 40

PostSubject: Re: Honma Clubs, good ?   Fri 05 Feb 2010, 5:28 pm

All I can say is..... you won't regret owning a set. Wink
Back to top Go down
TITW
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer


Posts: 192
Join date: 2009-11-15

PostSubject: Re: Honma Clubs, good ?   Sat 13 Feb 2010, 5:05 pm

Also consider which 'star' u would wish to purchase. If got lots of $$$$, then can go for 5-star clubs which are carfted by their most senior carftsmen and made with 24k golf.

http://www.hiseman.com/pressreleases/press_honma_workofart_feb05.pdf


jskywlker wrote:
Am thinking of getting a set of irons.

Considering a set of Honma Irons.

Are they good ? Seldom see any pro using them....

Is Honma a hype, myth or fact ?

Would like to hear from fellow golfers that use them.
Back to top Go down
scram
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts: 14
Join date: 2009-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Honma Clubs, good ?   Sat 13 Feb 2010, 7:15 pm

I heared the honma iron lofts are somewhat diff from regular clubs in the sense that they give you "vanity" distances not sure how accurate that info is though
Back to top Go down
 

Honma Clubs, good ?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

 Similar topics

-
» Looking good
» Squad Not Big or Good Enough ?
» Jim Skelton - The long good-bye
» Good songs for driving
» Good Luck LadyLynchio

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic ::  :: -
Friends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf Republic
Copyright © 2009 Golf Republic. All Rights Reserved.