Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.
 
HomeFAQCalendarRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Super slow golfer

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
golfcoma
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer


Posts : 188
Join date : 2009-08-13
Location : Shanghai

PostSubject: Re: Super slow golfer   Thu Jan 14, 2010 12:06 pm

I've also had my ample share of slow plays in Shanghai and it's usually when the group ahead of me is betting for a large sum of money or if they are Korean golfers. I should note that I have very good Korean friends and have nothing against them. So, I don't mean to be racist but caddies tell me the same thing as well. It drives me nuts, especially when they take turn and spend 2 minutes each trying to read the green. And then of course when they miss the hole by a foot, they still need to mark the ball, walk around the hole read the green again, and then putt, sometimes only to miss again. Plus, quite often, they won't allow you to play through even if there's no one in front of them.

A lot of them simply ignore the marshalls because they are rich or have guanxi, so they think they can get away with almost anything. Consequently, the marshalls don't dare to push too much for the same reason, probably because they're afraid of getting fired.

The longest round I've ever played is 7 hours... But that's another story.
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer


Posts : 8185
Join date : 2009-06-19

PostSubject: Re: Super slow golfer   Thu Jan 14, 2010 12:12 pm

so what is best way to approach the next flight to make them realize that they are slow? any suggestion is welcome......

I was once complained that I am slow..ok..actually many times as ....I only can do 3 ON but my flight mate 2 ON .....sian half
Back to top Go down
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer


Posts : 5692
Join date : 2009-06-19
Age : 47
Location : Wild Wild West

PostSubject: Re: Super slow golfer   Thu Jan 14, 2010 12:14 pm

golfcoma wrote:
I've also had my ample share of slow plays in Shanghai and it's usually when the group ahead of me is betting for a large sum of money or if they are Korean golfers. I should note that I have very good Korean friends and have nothing against them. So, I don't mean to be racist but caddies tell me the same thing as well. It drives me nuts, especially when they take turn and spend 2 minutes each trying to read the green. And then of course when they miss the hole by a foot, they still need to mark the ball, walk around the hole read the green again, and then putt, sometimes only to miss again. Plus, quite often, they won't allow you to play through even if there's no one in front of them.

A lot of them simply ignore the marshalls because they are rich or have guanxi, so they think they can get away with almost anything. Consequently, the marshalls don't dare to push too much for the same reason, probably because they're afraid of getting fired.

The longest round I've ever played is 7 hours... But that's another story.



the thai caddies say the same thing too......... dun blame them lah, golf n kimchi sama sama, they like to take time
Back to top Go down
shotah
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1005
Join date : 2009-06-26
Age : 40

PostSubject: Re: Super slow golfer   Thu Jan 14, 2010 12:21 pm

hehe... no wonder koreans dun like playing in malaysia..... cos they never get their way. My contractors in Malaysia are quite hooligans, if you are taking too much time, they will make sure they putt together with you on the green.
Back to top Go down
Victor3112
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer


Posts : 219
Join date : 2009-10-02

PostSubject: Re: Super slow golfer   Thu Jan 14, 2010 12:22 pm

Before do anything... check if they are datuk, tan sri or Romania embassador or not....
Back to top Go down
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer


Posts : 5692
Join date : 2009-06-19
Age : 47
Location : Wild Wild West

PostSubject: Re: Super slow golfer   Thu Jan 14, 2010 12:25 pm

shotah wrote:
hehe... no wonder koreans dun like playing in malaysia..... cos they never get their way. My contractors in Malaysia are quite hooligans, if you are taking too much time, they will make sure they putt together with you on the green.


the thai caddies told me that some of the local thai carry piston in their bag!!!! Shocked
Back to top Go down
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer


Posts : 7236
Join date : 2009-06-19
Location : Sillypore

PostSubject: Re: Super slow golfer   Thu Jan 14, 2010 12:26 pm

alvin7379 wrote:
Then the Ang Mor walk to the ball... took out his Tee, pluck it into the ground (as though he was teeing up for his Driver) and place that guy's ball on the tee. He said it was something they would do in Australia to tell the flight behind them to be patient.

i will go that the next time. got to have some wooden tees as spare next time. cannot give them my zero-friction tees...
Back to top Go down
S70B
Course Marshal
Course Marshal


Posts : 5118
Join date : 2009-06-18
Location : Home sweat home...

PostSubject: Re: Super slow golfer   Thu Jan 14, 2010 12:28 pm

slinger wrote:


the thai caddies told me that some of the local thai carry piston in their bag!!!! Shocked

Carry piston for fish? Manufacture more Toyotas or Honda City on the spot is it? Laughing
Back to top Go down
joleelyn
Course Marshal
Course Marshal


Posts : 1549
Join date : 2009-10-02
Location : in my lil' head.

PostSubject: Re: Super slow golfer   Thu Jan 14, 2010 12:28 pm

use the sand to build a cone shape and place the ball on top...

either that or just bury the damn thing... LOL

**joking**

_________________
"Some days, the whole world seems upside down. And then somehow, and probably, and when you least expect it, the world rights itself again."-- Grey's Anatomy
Back to top Go down
S70B
Course Marshal
Course Marshal


Posts : 5118
Join date : 2009-06-18
Location : Home sweat home...

PostSubject: Re: Super slow golfer   Thu Jan 14, 2010 12:33 pm

slinger wrote:
mUAr_cHEe wrote:
rdchin71, no need to apologize too. u did nothing. rant only wad. not say u killed someone...


but if u eat shark fins... i will be very disappointed with u.


frostee wedding, your table-mates eat shark fin leh, how come u not disappointed with them, hear u laughing somemore.......double standards Very Happy

Inspector Aw when will have dble stds?

Eat or be eaten. You think sharks will give chance to u next time u r swimming in the sea and thank you for not eating them?
Back to top Go down
bubu
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer


Posts : 210
Join date : 2009-06-19
Age : 39

PostSubject: Re: Super slow golfer   Thu Jan 14, 2010 12:41 pm

mUAr_cHEe wrote:
bubu wrote:
range? i seldom go range wan leh bro..

bubu too pro for range. she just go green, ask for stroke and suck us dry.

wait a minute. that sounded wrong.

where got!! but then again... bro, when are we playing again. put place, put time and i will appear to collect strokes! hahahahaha!!
Back to top Go down
chocoman
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 2154
Join date : 2009-06-20

PostSubject: Re: Super slow golfer   Thu Jan 14, 2010 12:47 pm

bubu,,

if we get to know each other,

pls dun call me- bro.
Back to top Go down
shotah
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1005
Join date : 2009-06-26
Age : 40

PostSubject: Re: Super slow golfer   Thu Jan 14, 2010 12:50 pm

slinger wrote:
shotah wrote:
hehe... no wonder koreans dun like playing in malaysia..... cos they never get their way. My contractors in Malaysia are quite hooligans, if you are taking too much time, they will make sure they putt together with you on the green.


the thai caddies told me that some of the local thai carry piston in their bag!!!! Shocked

Why, the engine of the buggy jammed due to prolong idling???? Didn't know the caddies can change pistons on engines too. Razz
Back to top Go down
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer


Posts : 7236
Join date : 2009-06-19
Location : Sillypore

PostSubject: Re: Super slow golfer   Thu Jan 14, 2010 12:51 pm

chocoman wrote:
bubu,,

if we get to know each other,

pls dun call me- bro.

ah boh? u want darling ah?
Back to top Go down
chocoman
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 2154
Join date : 2009-06-20

PostSubject: Re: Super slow golfer   Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:05 pm

anything but bro.

one good leSbian fren ALREADY calls me bro,

so geli. and TOO GELI
Back to top Go down
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer


Posts : 5692
Join date : 2009-06-19
Age : 47
Location : Wild Wild West

PostSubject: Re: Super slow golfer   Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:13 pm

shotah wrote:
slinger wrote:
shotah wrote:
hehe... no wonder koreans dun like playing in malaysia..... cos they never get their way. My contractors in Malaysia are quite hooligans, if you are taking too much time, they will make sure they putt together with you on the green.


the thai caddies told me that some of the local thai carry piston in their bag!!!! Shocked

Why, the engine of the buggy jammed due to prolong idling???? Didn't know the caddies can change pistons on engines too. Razz


mayb tat y caddies do special service for these ppl......
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor


Posts : 15650
Join date : 2009-06-18
Age : 41
Location : Typically OOB

PostSubject: Re: Super slow golfer   Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:24 pm

siaw8 wrote:
Go read TLHENG and MC's post. Any different?

Anyway, hope you can practise what you preach and pls bear in mind that a colored nick is no diff from the rest!

Geezz...

There you go again, S8. Thinking that my comments were made because I'm a mod (i.e. colored nick). My comments would be made regardless of whether I had a colored nick or not.

In today's world where patience is running thin and almost everything can spark off huge flames, a little courtesy and sensitivity makes sense. It's important to remember that while we are upset or frustrated over something, some caution in how we express our frustration is advantageous.

Ruffling feathers at a time like this benefits no one. Of course, you have every right to disagree, and I think your replies are evidence of that.

_________________
Clearing my Storeroom of golfing goodies. Please help support Smile

"A ball will always come to rest halfway down a hill, unless there is sand or water at the bottom." Henry Beard
Back to top Go down
siaw8
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer


Posts : 945
Join date : 2009-06-19
Age : 36

PostSubject: Re: Super slow golfer   Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:35 pm

Pot calling a kettle black...
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor


Posts : 15650
Join date : 2009-06-18
Age : 41
Location : Typically OOB

PostSubject: Re: Super slow golfer   Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:36 pm

siaw8 wrote:
Pot calling a kettle black...

Excuse me? Please back-up what you are saying.

_________________
Clearing my Storeroom of golfing goodies. Please help support Smile

"A ball will always come to rest halfway down a hill, unless there is sand or water at the bottom." Henry Beard
Back to top Go down
siaw8
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer


Posts : 945
Join date : 2009-06-19
Age : 36

PostSubject: Re: Super slow golfer   Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:39 pm

Technospaz wrote:
siaw8 wrote:
Pot calling a kettle black...

Excuse me? Please back-up what you are saying.

I will... after you do...

Thank you very much...
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor


Posts : 15650
Join date : 2009-06-18
Age : 41
Location : Typically OOB

PostSubject: Re: Super slow golfer   Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:45 pm

siaw8 wrote:
Technospaz wrote:
siaw8 wrote:
Pot calling a kettle black...

Excuse me? Please back-up what you are saying.

I will... after you do...

Thank you very much...

Eh? Perhaps you're missing the point. What I said was simple.

Let's be sensitive about our comments in relation to foreigners and locals. Things are different these days. There is a lot more tension and less patience so insensitive comments can backfire. As such, it is important to exercise caution when expressing opinions.

What you then went on was to blast me about the need for free speech etc. And my reply was that free speech is allowed but let's be sensible about what we say.

TLHENG had every right to be unhappy since he felt that he was prejudiced against by the marshals. He had already made that comment before and that issue was discussed. Raising it again here is unnecessary since the thread dealt with a different scenario. This is where exercising some discretion is important.

You disagree?

_________________
Clearing my Storeroom of golfing goodies. Please help support Smile

"A ball will always come to rest halfway down a hill, unless there is sand or water at the bottom." Henry Beard
Back to top Go down
siaw8
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer


Posts : 945
Join date : 2009-06-19
Age : 36

PostSubject: Re: Super slow golfer   Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:56 pm

Technospaz wrote:
siaw8 wrote:
Technospaz wrote:
siaw8 wrote:
Pot calling a kettle black...

Excuse me? Please back-up what you are saying.

I will... after you do...

Thank you very much...

Eh? Perhaps you're missing the point. What I said was simple.

Let's be sensitive about our comments in relation to foreigners and locals. Things are different these days. There is a lot more tension and less patience so insensitive comments can backfire. As such, it is important to exercise caution when expressing opinions.

What you then went on was to blast me about the need for free speech etc. And my reply was that free speech is allowed but let's be sensible about what we say.

TLHENG had every right to be unhappy since he felt that he was prejudiced against by the marshals. He had already made that comment before and that issue was discussed. Raising it again here is unnecessary since the thread dealt with a different scenario. This is where exercising some discretion is important.

You disagree?

I disagree and i see no point in discussing this further as i have stated my stand. Everyone should have the right to share their personal experience so long as it is sensible. From what i have read, what TLHENG has written is perfectly sensible and is within the boundary. Perhaps, as a lawyer, you might not think so. But, i have consulted my lawyer friend during lunch and his opinion is that such a post is perfectly fine (in fact, he doesn't even know what the big deal is) and if MBGC wants to make a case out of it, chances of success is slim. Of cause, he caveated that you might have taken a very conservative stand on it.

IMO, if you and the mods feel that passing a negative comment on sub-standard service/equipment is a threat to the survival of the forum. Please include it in one of your terms and conditions so that everyone is on the same page.

Thanks.

P.S: Which mod deleted Ssquirrel's post on my sale thread?
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor


Posts : 15650
Join date : 2009-06-18
Age : 41
Location : Typically OOB

PostSubject: Re: Super slow golfer   Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:58 pm

Hang on?!?!? You consulted a lawyer?? LOL!! Geezzz. Well, good for you, mate!!

Again, my comments were my own. They were not meant to be legal. Just cause I practice the law doesn't mean that everything I say is legal. I can't believe you had to speak to a lawyer about this! LOL!! But that shows diligence on your part so good for you Smile

You think that my request for sensitivity and discretion is a legal one? Mate, read the papers. See what's going on. Just look across the bridge and you will see how apparently simple issues are magnified many times over because people's tolerance these days is low. There is nothing legal about this.

Anyway, I agree that this issue should be put at rest. Let's leave it.

_________________
Clearing my Storeroom of golfing goodies. Please help support Smile

"A ball will always come to rest halfway down a hill, unless there is sand or water at the bottom." Henry Beard
Back to top Go down
ghoonk
Honorary Landscaper
Honorary Landscaper


Posts : 2414
Join date : 2009-12-16
Age : 43
Location : Dubai / Singapore

PostSubject: Re: Super slow golfer   Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:08 pm

Me, I don't believe in stereotyping. Slow golfer is slow golfer, regardless of race, language, religion or nationality.
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor


Posts : 15650
Join date : 2009-06-18
Age : 41
Location : Typically OOB

PostSubject: Re: Super slow golfer   Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:10 pm

ghoonk wrote:
Me, I don't believe in stereotyping. Slow golfer is slow golfer, regardless of race, language, religion or nationality.

LOL! I'm a slow golfer too. But only cause I spend more time looking for my ball in the rough than I do planning my next shot Sad

_________________
Clearing my Storeroom of golfing goodies. Please help support Smile

"A ball will always come to rest halfway down a hill, unless there is sand or water at the bottom." Henry Beard
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Super slow golfer   Today at 10:20 pm

Back to top Go down
 
Super slow golfer
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Super slow golfer
» Need info on Airline golf bag charges
» SuperSlowrolla super slow build
» HooptownGTA's Super 16 Pre-season Rankings
» Slow poke drivers

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic :: The Clubhouse :: Golf Talk-
Jump to:  
Friends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf Republic
Copyright © 2009 Golf Republic. All Rights Reserved.