Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.
 
HomeFAQCalendarRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 golf instructor MIA during lesson

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Seiko
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer


Posts : 452
Join date : 2009-08-08

PostSubject: Re: golf instructor MIA during lesson   Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:03 pm

30 min massage??
Back to top Go down
jeronlee
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 30
Join date : 2010-01-10

PostSubject: Re: golf instructor MIA during lesson   Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:04 pm

haha! that's how fellow forummer describe my short-changed lessons.

Seiko wrote:
30 min massage??
Back to top Go down
Seiko
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer


Posts : 452
Join date : 2009-08-08

PostSubject: Re: golf instructor MIA during lesson   Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:10 pm

oic. Alternatively u can request to change the pro.
Back to top Go down
weich
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 50
Join date : 2009-07-27

PostSubject: Re: golf instructor MIA during lesson   Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:14 pm

Another place you might want to consider is BGA Golf at Bukit Batok. They also can maintain your handicap with SGA.

http://www.bgagolf.com.sg/
Back to top Go down
alangolf
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer


Posts : 101
Join date : 2009-06-28

PostSubject: Re: golf instructor MIA during lesson   Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:40 pm

i think it's fine to name the coach. better than all coaches at Sin Ming being affected. If he's good, I'm sure this post will not affect him much. Referrals and continous lessons should keep him in industry. real stuff not afraid of fire.

Just my opinion.
Back to top Go down
nientsu
Caddy
Caddy


Posts : 3295
Join date : 2009-06-18
Age : 42
Location : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: golf instructor MIA during lesson   Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:55 pm

alangolf wrote:
i think it's fine to name the coach. better than all coaches at Sin Ming being affected. If he's good, I'm sure this post will not affect him much. Referrals and continous lessons should keep him in industry. real stuff not afraid of fire.

Just my opinion.

I agree too.

People tend to stereotype. As such, we cannot let a few bad apples create an impression that all coaches suck.
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor


Posts : 15650
Join date : 2009-06-18
Age : 41
Location : Typically OOB

PostSubject: Re: golf instructor MIA during lesson   Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:15 pm

My recommendation is to speak to your coach first. You now know (from the feedback received) that a coach who takes these sorts of breaks isn't doing the right thing. If you're upfront with your coach and explain that you want him to be around for the full session, at least you have given him the chance to address your concern.

After all, you said that he is a nice chap so give him that chance to rectify the problem before you do anything else.

_________________
Clearing my Storeroom of golfing goodies. Please help support Smile

"A ball will always come to rest halfway down a hill, unless there is sand or water at the bottom." Henry Beard
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer


Posts : 8185
Join date : 2009-06-19

PostSubject: Re: golf instructor MIA during lesson   Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:18 pm

could it be that the coach was actually teaching the module called ' Survival skills' where one needs to practise the 5 'K' approach...aka Ki ki ku ki ki (read in canto) becos the coach knows that when one goes to the course, he or she is all alone...??
Back to top Go down
jeronlee
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 30
Join date : 2010-01-10

PostSubject: Re: golf instructor MIA during lesson   Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:17 pm

agree that we should express our concerns to him as a group. will do that on next lesson and hopefully he could take the feedback positively.

Technospaz wrote:
My recommendation is to speak to your coach first. You now know (from the feedback received) that a coach who takes these sorts of breaks isn't doing the right thing. If you're upfront with your coach and explain that you want him to be around for the full session, at least you have given him the chance to address your concern.

After all, you said that he is a nice chap so give him that chance to rectify the problem before you do anything else.
Back to top Go down
Seiko
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer


Posts : 452
Join date : 2009-08-08

PostSubject: Re: golf instructor MIA during lesson   Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:23 pm

Actually this pro is very experienced. He can point out your mistakes immediately but sometimes he is quite a bo-chap guy!
Back to top Go down
jeronlee
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 30
Join date : 2010-01-10

PostSubject: Re: golf instructor MIA during lesson   Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:38 pm

agree that he's really very experienced. however, the group just strongly feels that shouldn't the coach be around to ensure that we start off correctly rather than allowing any bad habits to set in, only to correct our mistakes later when he happened to swing by our area again.

Seiko wrote:
Actually this pro is very experienced. He can point out your mistakes immediately but sometimes he is quite a bo-chap guy!
Back to top Go down
skybobo
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer


Posts : 828
Join date : 2009-08-26

PostSubject: Re: golf instructor MIA during lesson   Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:23 pm

jeronlee wrote:
agree that he's really very experienced. however, the group just strongly feels that shouldn't the coach be around to ensure that we start off correctly rather than allowing any bad habits to set in, only to correct our mistakes later when he happened to swing by our area again.

Seiko wrote:
Actually this pro is very experienced. He can point out your mistakes immediately but sometimes he is quite a bo-chap guy!
This coach is $$$ minded
I have a few friends under him and all have the same experience as you
One of my friend has yet to learn bunker shots tho he has finished his intermediate lessons.

This coach bring them to Batam Palm Spring for PC course and guess what...he see them tee off and he sign the pc card at the end of the 9 holes

Did you check out his credentials before going to him?
Is he SPGA certified?
Back to top Go down
jeronlee
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 30
Join date : 2010-01-10

PostSubject: Re: golf instructor MIA during lesson   Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:33 pm

i actually found him after seeing some positive reviews from a google search.

too green to know about what accreditation counts but i thought his credential looked decent to a group of newbies. i've copied his credential below:

USGTF Certified Teaching Professional
USGTF Certified Master Teaching Professional
AMGTF Certified Master Teaching Professional
AMGTF Staff Instructor and Examiner
AMGTF President (Singapore Division)
EGTF Certified Master Teaching Professional
AMGTF President (International)
EGTF Representative (Asia)

is SGPA certification important? not meant to be a rude question but really need to learn more so as to get a better coach for my intermediate lessons.

skybobo wrote:
jeronlee wrote:
agree that he's really very experienced. however, the group just strongly feels that shouldn't the coach be around to ensure that we start off correctly rather than allowing any bad habits to set in, only to correct our mistakes later when he happened to swing by our area again.

Seiko wrote:
Actually this pro is very experienced. He can point out your mistakes immediately but sometimes he is quite a bo-chap guy!
This coach is $$$ minded
I have a few friends under him and all have the same experience as you
One of my friend has yet to learn bunker shots tho he has finished his intermediate lessons.

This coach bring them to Batam Palm Spring for PC course and guess what...he see them tee off and he sign the pc card at the end of the 9 holes

Did you check out his credentials before going to him?
Is he SPGA certified?
Back to top Go down
sassafras
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 1
Join date : 2010-01-17

PostSubject: Re: golf instructor MIA during lesson   Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:43 pm

Wow, thats a lot of credentials above. Most I haven't even heard of!

Unfortunately the MOST important credential is missing - PGA.
Back to top Go down
skybobo
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer


Posts : 828
Join date : 2009-08-26

PostSubject: Re: golf instructor MIA during lesson   Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:47 pm

Bro Jeron, from your post of his credentials, I confirm I know who he is liao. Yes he is exactly the same coach as my friend......Smile Anyway will not say too much about him

Anyway if you want to take intermediate lessons, I strongly suggest you to take 1 to 1 lessons. For group lessons, the coach attention will be divided and he cannot focus too much on 1 student

PGA certification is important??? To me YES....
A good coach need not be a good player
But a good coach must be able to play
If my coach cannot play 70s regularly.....then I seriously doubt his abilities

Yes most teaching pro do not practice regularly and hence their game are rusty....but to break 80 for them should not be a hard thing

There are a few pros listed here and most of them have got good reviews

Bro, 1 to 1 lesson is expensive but then again, sometimes u really get what u pay for. If u interested in a good coach, pm me
Back to top Go down
zephyr_bloom
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer


Posts : 160
Join date : 2009-08-07

PostSubject: Re: golf instructor MIA during lesson   Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:59 pm

~Hai~ Confirm same coach... I impetuously signed up for one-to-one, supposedly leading to intermediate (and hcp) lessons because i was floored by these "credentials" (or lack thereof?).

Skybobo, at least he signed your fren's pc card at the end of the 9 holes. I was not given one because I was simply left on my own with the group after teeing-off. It was my 1st time stepping on the green and i felt so lost. What peeved me further was when he suggested that i join his groups for more of such Batam trips to learn and practise. Ironically, i learnt more from my frens abt course mgt.
Back to top Go down
Seiko
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer


Posts : 452
Join date : 2009-08-08

PostSubject: Re: golf instructor MIA during lesson   Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:05 am

I know of one GR member here signed up one-to-one lessons from beginner to intermediate. Same thing happen! In the end he decided to swap pro from the same academy.
Back to top Go down
jeronlee
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 30
Join date : 2010-01-10

PostSubject: Re: golf instructor MIA during lesson   Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:13 am

maybe i should really heed your advice and swap pro. hope he won't take this personally.

Seiko wrote:
I know of one GR member here signed up one-to-one lessons from beginner to intermediate. Same thing happen! In the end he decided to swap pro from the same academy.
Back to top Go down
Seiko
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer


Posts : 452
Join date : 2009-08-08

PostSubject: Re: golf instructor MIA during lesson   Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:16 am

He won't mind. He should be used to it liao! lol!
Back to top Go down
jtek
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer


Posts : 939
Join date : 2009-07-22
Age : 38
Location : Golfless City

PostSubject: Re: golf instructor MIA during lesson   Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:18 am

Is it ok to switch pro... always remember, we are paying lesson for our own golfing need... not to give donation to those "cheater" pro to is only out to earn easy $$$ by getting a certs.

There are many in this forum who I think can be trusted, give them a try... Smile

I switched school twice and 4 coach. Not all lousy lah, only the first one MIA, the balance when back to their home town... Smile
Back to top Go down
jeronlee
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 30
Join date : 2010-01-10

PostSubject: Re: golf instructor MIA during lesson   Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:19 am

not sure if we swap pro, the pc test will be conducted by the new pro or still him. later he purposely fail us how? haha!

Seiko wrote:
He won't mind. He should be used to it liao! lol!
Back to top Go down
jurongtiger
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1399
Join date : 2009-07-27
Location : Jurong

PostSubject: Re: golf instructor MIA during lesson   Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:21 am

I had a string of lessons from one coach in Sin Min also. Not the best professional as far as advises is ok. Only know how to tell me to swing with "feel". Not too technical.

Doesnt MIA too much except when his friends drop by then he wld tok kok with him for 10min before reappearing....

I paid peanuts... therefore i got monkey>?
Back to top Go down
Seiko
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer


Posts : 452
Join date : 2009-08-08

PostSubject: Re: golf instructor MIA during lesson   Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:27 am

jeronlee wrote:
not sure if we swap pro, the pc test will be conducted by the new pro or still him. later he purposely fail us how? haha!

Seiko wrote:
He won't mind. He should be used to it liao! lol!

It sld be under the new pro. I don't think they will purposely fail u just because of your history! So far I had not heard anyone failed PC before unless u lack of basic ethics or throw club at the tee box. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ESTan
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 62
Join date : 2009-12-24

PostSubject: Re: golf instructor MIA during lesson   Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:30 am

Ha Ha
I m currently taking lesson at Bishan. Wondering are you guys talking about the same guy>>
Back to top Go down
http://www.grace-ions.com.sg
jeronlee
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 30
Join date : 2010-01-10

PostSubject: Re: golf instructor MIA during lesson   Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:35 am

managed to clock sufficient postings to reply all pm.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: golf instructor MIA during lesson   Today at 6:18 pm

Back to top Go down
 
golf instructor MIA during lesson
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Looking for Golf Instructor
» Being a golf instructor
» golf instructor MIA during lesson
» seeking recommendation for gd golf instructor
» Any golf instructor to recommend? Criteria - cannot rebuild my swing

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic :: The Clubhouse :: Golf Talk-
Jump to:  
Friends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf Republic
Copyright © 2009 Golf Republic. All Rights Reserved.