Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeFAQCalendarRegisterLog in

Share | 

I really regret using KBS shafts

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
jurongtiger
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: I really regret using KBS shafts   Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:26 pm

WAhhh....I am inspired

DGMan... I may not hit my 7 iron 165m, Damn I may not even my 5 iron 165m, but I would need all your advise during our Appt in Feb.

Pls bear with me and my ignorance. Smile
Back to top Go down
Lamts18
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: I really regret using KBS shafts   Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:35 pm

ya ... me too ,, very inspired ... cheers
Back to top Go down
ron81
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: I really regret using KBS shafts   Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:58 pm

DGman, I've seen a KBS cap somewhere before.. Is it possible for you to get it?
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: I really regret using KBS shafts   Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:08 am

ron81 wrote:

let me ask the KBS guys...i have an order soon.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bigfishes.com
Aloyboy
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: I really regret using KBS shafts   Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:14 am

btw where is ur shop dgman?
Back to top Go down
gomjgo
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: I really regret using KBS shafts   Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:43 am

Hi Aloyboy

If you click on dgman web link, you will find his shop is situated at Bukit Merah Central. Very near old HDB centre.

According to the man himself, his shop is usually crowded on Monday afternoon, maybe because everyone want to 'eat snake' especially on a working Monday. But then again, you never know...with Chinese New Year ang pao coming out soon from Chinese boss, believe his business should be very, very good . Very Happy Very Happy

Anyway, dgman nice guy, even if you turn up without appointment, he will still entertain you, I believe.
Back to top Go down
JonL_TK
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: I really regret using KBS shafts   Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:58 am

Usually people go to golf shops or fitters on Monday because they might have had a bad game(s) on the weekend!!!

Thats my understanding
Back to top Go down
ghoonk
Honorary Landscaper
Honorary Landscaper

PostSubject: Re: I really regret using KBS shafts   Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:23 am

DGman wrote:
ron81 wrote:

let me ask the KBS guys...i have an order soon.

*hint* *hint* Very Happy
Back to top Go down
SIMBA
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: I really regret using KBS shafts   Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:56 am

DGman wrote:
i would like to related a story that happened yesterday...

A couple (Mr and Mrs A) came in to try different shafts....after a while, another golfer (Mr B) who has a scheduled appointment turned up. Mr A then asked me what is club fitting, i turned to him and told him he will find out after 15 minutes.

Mr B then proceeded to hit his 7-iron cobra fitted with standard NS Pro R flex shaft. he wants to be fitted with graphite shaft. After about 6 or 7 shots, i asked him to stop. Amazingly, his angle of attack for his 7 iron was in the -7 or -8 degree range, the maximum height was in the 35 metres range and the total distance for his 7 iron was 165 meters average but his shots was widely dispersed. Mr B has never been fitted before and i can see he was quite skeptical.

I asked him what he wanted to find out and he said he wants to find the right combination to get him a better ball flight and tighter dispersion.

so i handed him a blade iron (6 iron but same loft as his cobra 7 iron) fitted with a KBS S flex in the 120 range. i can see that he was quite pissed with me because he wanted a lighter shaft but i gave him something that he was not used to. but he proceed to start hitting the 6 iron to maybe prove me wrong....

first shot...straight down the middle, 2nd shot ...straight down the middle, 3rd shot, 4th shot, 5th shot...all straight down the middle. he walked away and took his cobra 7 iron and it started spraying, went back to the blade iron with the S flex and its straight down the middle.

at this point, i turned to Mr A and told him...now this is club fitting...

why??? Mr B have a club head speed for a 7 iron at 85 mph, when i handed him the KBS S flex, it went to 90 mph, but his tempo was much better on the heavier shaft, hence he managed to nailed it. the angle of attack on the stiffer shaft was in the -3 degree range and the ball contact was naturally better. KBS being a a higher kick shaft also produced a lower ball flight which produce better penetration and better distance. Mr B was hitting his 6 iron in the 190 meter range, yes 190+ meters...

Now Mr A wanted to do a fitting but because he did not bring his own set, i declined. Mr B was hitting ball after ball but he promised to be back.

He came back today and brought his CG-1, in grafalloy blue graphite shaft. his new brief was.."Just do what you recommend to get me the same result as what i experienced yesterday...". needless to say, we fitted a spare 6 iron S flex in his CG-1 to let him experience how the shaft will perform in his CG-1s...just in case the Ikasu blade has got kong dao written all over.

but i want to add that we are able to find a new dimension in fitting irons and this is done with the swing type of the individual in mind. unlike the folks where S70B got fitted in the US, we use different sets of stats and the players swing type to fit...i can't say more cos its our trade secret but i have found it to be very effective.

having say that, i must add that none of this was previously possible because we do not have a precise analysis device like the TrackMan. Now that we do, we strongly recommend anyone who wants to be fitted seriously to find a club fitter with the right tools.

thank you for reading and i hope you too will find the same satisfaction as Mr B.

DGman.

I was thre at the den and i was very very shock too. Jaw drop think that guy no need a driver liao hahaha
Back to top Go down
watermyforrest
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: I really regret using KBS shafts   Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:25 am

ghoonk wrote:
Got KBS shafts on my Miura MB-5003s and after having used them for several rounds and going back to my usual sets with the Project X shafts, the sets with the PX shafts feel so harsh. My Cleveland CG1s with the S300s feel even more harsh Sad

Fellow GRians, beware KBS shafts, they feel so good that you will feel compelled to switch to them from whatever you are using now... you have been warned!!!

sigh... too late Sad
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal

PostSubject: Re: I really regret using KBS shafts   Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:06 am

Yea man! This poison really strong. Very tempted.
Will try seek approval from 'finance minister' first.

Just curious, will fitting work for beginner with regular clubheads e.g cobra s2?
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: I really regret using KBS shafts   Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:32 am

when you come for fitting, it doesn't also mean that you will be fitted.

those who have been to the analyse will tell you that we have certain criteria before we recommend what needs to be done. 30% of the time, we encourage those who do not have the right fundamental or swing confidence to take proper lessons or continue with their lessons before spending further on things such as shafts.

in some cases, it could be a simple grip modification or sometimes a little change in the setup to achieve the desired results.

btw Benny...hows your new KBS performing....maybe someone should start a thread on who uses KBS and their feedback (positive or negative) on those shafts.

DGman

Me...niceguy???? i dont think so...i think i am cranky, rude, unfriendly, condescending, impatient, unyielding, arrogant and much more...there is in my opinion someone worse than me who use to be on this forum and thats G-Man aka The Rage.

and someone whom i have always wanted to meet....the original Redbull who purportedly uses a set of Blood Red BFG iron cover.

so you guys still want to come?

Last edited by DGman on Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
mervyntan
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: I really regret using KBS shafts   Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:49 am

DGman wrote:

Me...niceguy???? i dont think so...i think i am cranky, rude, unfriendly, condescending, impatient, unyielding, arrogant and much more...there is in my opinion someone worse than me who use to be on this forum and thats G-Man aka The Rage.

so you guys still want to come?

he is much more ragier now... u should see him one of these days...
Back to top Go down
Lamts18
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: I really regret using KBS shafts   Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:50 am

long time didnt see him .. pls send him my regards ...
Back to top Go down
alvin7379
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: I really regret using KBS shafts   Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:58 am

Hi DGman,

Is it ok to arrange for an analysis session to find out more if my clubs are suitable... and if need to change anything... may need to know the cost incurred before making any decision cos I'm worried that it may be out of my budget as I have not done any club fitting b4.

Pardon me as my impression of club fitting is always related to 'expensive" Embarassed
Back to top Go down
http://www.visualtech.com.sg
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: I really regret using KBS shafts   Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:07 am

you can PM me for booking or simply go to our website and book a slot....

here's the link..

Swing Analysis Booking

Thanks....DGman
Back to top Go down
gomjgo
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: I really regret using KBS shafts   Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:13 am

DGman wrote:

DGman

Agreed, your look is definitely more 'galang' then me... Very Happy You're overall quite nice. At least, when I play your toys, swing around, talk and laugh loudly, take your toy without pre- order, you still don't chase me away... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: I really regret using KBS shafts   Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:19 am

gomjgo wrote:
DGman wrote:

DGman

Agreed, your look is definitely more 'galang' then me... Very Happy You're overall quite nice. At least, when I play your toys, swing around, talk and laugh loudly, take your toy without pre- order, you still don't chase me away... Very Happy

oh thats because i am half blind....haha...have a great day!

now i am hoping that Jia Li will get to play in the HSBC Women Championship in Feb...we will know by this afternoon.

DGman

Ron81....i have 5 white and 5 blue KBS caps coming....you want one? which colour... price in the $25 to $30 range.
Back to top Go down
gomjgo
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: I really regret using KBS shafts   Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:28 am

Yep boyz, Go JL Go.... cheers
Back to top Go down
Ron Lee
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: I really regret using KBS shafts   Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:41 am

ghoonk wrote:
Got KBS shafts on my Miura MB-5003s and after having used them for several rounds and going back to my usual sets with the Project X shafts, the sets with the PX shafts feel so harsh. My Cleveland CG1s with the S300s feel even more harsh Sad

Fellow GRians, beware KBS shafts, they feel so good that you will feel compelled to switch to them from whatever you are using now... you have been warned!!!

ghoonk, i m planning to fix my CG1 with KBS shaft at Eric's place later today after trying out my 6iron (in the process of being fixed). any comments on that since u also use CG1.
Back to top Go down
mengteck71
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: I really regret using KBS shafts   Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:44 am

alvin7379 wrote:
Hi DGman,

Is it ok to arrange for an analysis session to find out more if my clubs are suitable... and if need to change anything... may need to know the cost incurred before making any decision cos I'm worried that it may be out of my budget as I have not done any club fitting b4.

Pardon me as my impression of club fitting is always related to 'expensive" Embarassed

alvin,

dont worry.. whenever i go to eric, most of the time i walk away without spending a cent.. in fact.. most of the time i got free kopi and snacks too.. haha..

he only ask u to spend when its absolutely necessary.. i think his most common advise would be.. 'get a coach to correct the swing first'.. dun be disheartened when u hear that. haha
Back to top Go down
Ron Lee
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: I really regret using KBS shafts   Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:47 am

alvin7379 wrote:
S70B wrote:
Alvin,

There is no 'lighter/heavier is better' theory. Everyone swings differently and the trick is finding out what is supposed to suit you... and the way to find out is to go for a thorough clubfitting session.

Hum... I have yet to look into the shafts of my irons yet as I have never gone to a club fitter b4... all my clubs are stock clubs. Will probably drop by BFG for an analysis one of these days... Smile

For all I know... likely that my clubs & shafts are all not suitable for me! hehe... Razz

Bro alvin,
Go for it!!! Your golf swing will never be the same again.... in a good way of cos Smile
Back to top Go down
eiji
Course Marshal
Course Marshal

PostSubject: Re: I really regret using KBS shafts   Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:49 am

virezz, you just let slip that you are the champion that hit the 6iron 190m Shocked Shocked Shocked affraid

Adams A12 Pro 23* GD Tour AD UT85 R
Callaway X Hot Pro 5-PW PX95 5.5
Titleist SM4 50*, 54*, 58* DG Spinner
Scotty Studio Select 2012 Golo 33"
Back to top Go down
http://www.idealparts.com.sg
mengteck71
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: I really regret using KBS shafts   Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:54 am

virezz,

that is my 5 w00d distance.. *$^#&%(*&%$*
Back to top Go down
Ron Lee
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: I really regret using KBS shafts   Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:55 am

eiji wrote:
virezz, you just let slip that you are the champion that hit the 6iron 190m Shocked Shocked Shocked affraid

eiji,
i m virezz (virus).... well i infected the software tats why it recorded 190m. after tat the software went abit kuku. many ppl yesterday afternoon will know Smile hahaha. i wont exactly trust tat particular reading completely cos my ball never roll in real conditions. i usually take the "carry" data more seriously Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I really regret using KBS shafts   Today at 10:57 am

Back to top Go down

I really regret using KBS shafts
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next