Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeFAQCalendarRegisterLog in

Share | 

I really regret using KBS shafts

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
eiji
Course Marshal
Course Marshal

PostSubject: Re: I really regret using KBS shafts   Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:57 am

no need explain...you just prepare to give many many strokes ROFL

Adams A12 Pro 23* GD Tour AD UT85 R
Callaway X Hot Pro 5-PW PX95 5.5
Titleist SM4 50*, 54*, 58* DG Spinner
Scotty Studio Select 2012 Golo 33"
Back to top Go down
http://www.idealparts.com.sg
Ron Lee
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: I really regret using KBS shafts   Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:03 am

icejazz wrote:
This thread really got me tempted to try the shaft. There seems to be 3 different shaft on KBS website. Tour Specs Tapered Tip, Tour Specs Parallel Tip and Tour 90. Anyway Master can advise beside that Tour 90 is the lighter specs

icejazz, go look for eric..... your swing will dictate whether u need a lighter or heavier shaft. i used to think i will benefit more from a lighter shaft as i m a lazy golfer Smile but eric has proven tat a heavier shaft suits my swing better. damn i hate carrying my bag ard!!!
Back to top Go down
alvin7379
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: I really regret using KBS shafts   Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:06 am

Hi Mengteck71 & Virezz,

I did drop by BFG once for a sneek peak... and I must say I was very impress with the Trackman (if I got it right). Thanks for the motivation! Will do it asap! Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.visualtech.com.sg
Ssquirrel
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: I really regret using KBS shafts   Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:28 am

virezz wrote:
eiji wrote:
virezz, you just let slip that you are the champion that hit the 6iron 190m Shocked Shocked Shocked affraid

eiji,
i m virezz (virus).... well i infected the software tats why it recorded 190m. after tat the software went abit kuku. many ppl yesterday afternoon will know Smile hahaha. i wont exactly trust tat particular reading completely cos my ball never roll in real conditions. i usually take the "carry" data more seriously Smile
Wah!!! Longer than my driver! Sad

I would suggest that those who have a somewhat repeatable swing, and are serious about your golf game, schedule a slot to be fitted.
Find out what you need to bring during that fitting session, swing your normal swing during the fitting session and go with an open mind.
Even if you read all the raving reviews about KBS shafts here, it might not be the shaft for you. But I'm sure the clubfitter can find the one that suits your swing.

Have fun during the fitting session, and no need to paiseh, talk and question the clubfitter! (even if he look like "black-face and moody)...hahaha
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: I really regret using KBS shafts   Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:34 am

KBS is not the only option....

it all depends on the person's swing type, physical condition, playing schedule, etc.

of course they are those who i insist on using a lighter shaft and those who will benefit from a heavier shaft.

club fitting should be objeective...if it ain't going to make a difference, don't backside itchy.

DGman
Back to top Go down
http://www.bigfishes.com
S70B
Course Marshal
Course Marshal

PostSubject: Re: I really regret using KBS shafts   Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:55 am

Eric....

How come MC never learn??? He hangs out at ur place so much... Laughing

Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: I really regret using KBS shafts   Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:56 am

Hi DGman,

I have PMed you on my requested slot. If you cannot make it at that time, do let me know your available time slots. Evening oso can... that is if you are still open Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.visualtech.com.sg
ghoonk
Honorary Landscaper
Honorary Landscaper

PostSubject: Re: I really regret using KBS shafts   Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:03 pm

The poison is strong indeed
Back to top Go down
eiji
Course Marshal
Course Marshal

PostSubject: Re: I really regret using KBS shafts   Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:12 pm

you quite far away to get poisoned by the green/purple cloud...or are you coming back during the CNY period? better make booking now lol!

Back to top Go down
ghoonk
Honorary Landscaper
Honorary Landscaper

PostSubject: Re: I really regret using KBS shafts   Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:26 pm

Already booked some time with DGman. Will be back on 12th, but touching down around noon, and need to rush for haircut, then go back and pack. I think not fair to drop stuff off at DGman's cos Jeff also need to enjoy his CNY and I'm sure there will be lots of work for them before CNY cos people will want to get their shafting and setup done so that they can play on 3rd/4th day of CNY

KBS not popular or well-known here in Dubai. In fact, I have only met ONE person in the last 6 months who was using KBS and he had them on a set of Miura blades (non-Japanese spec version). Regardless, I'm completely sold on how smooth and stable the shaft is at impact, and am hoping that they will be a good setup on my TM RAC MBs...
Back to top Go down
gomjgo
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: I really regret using KBS shafts   Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:41 pm

DGman wrote:

it all depends on the person's swing type, physical condition, playing schedule, etc.

of course they are those who i insist on using a lighter shaft and those who will benefit from a heavier shaft.

club fitting should be objeective...if it ain't going to make a difference, don't backside itchy.

DGman

In simplify term, if you're not suitable to eat apple, can try orange, if both also fail, you need to see a doctor for your allergy towards fruits. Till then, you can't benefit the goodness of fruits.... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
hillgreen
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: I really regret using KBS shafts   Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:42 pm

Hey,

noticed that there is also KBS Tour 90 in the market now (especially in US), it is supposedly 95 grams for the regular and 100g for stiff flex. Both .355" Tapered. So it will cater to wider spectrum of players including those migrating from graphite.

however, noticed that it the below mentioned are easily to get...

For info pls...

eiji wrote:
Tour Specs - Tapered Tip
Stiffness WEIGHT BUTT DIAMETER TIP DIAMETER PURCHASE LENGTH
Regular 110g .600" .355" Tapered Discrete Length
Stiff 120g .600" .355" Tapered Discrete Length
X-Stiff 130g .600" .355" Tapered Discrete Length
Tour Specs - Parallel Tip
Stiffness WEIGHT BUTT DIAMETER TIP DIAMETER PURCHASE LENGTH
Regular 120g .600" .370" Parallel 43.5"
Stiff 130g .600" .370" Parallel 43.5"
X-Stiff 133g .600" .370" Parallel 43.5"
Back to top Go down
ghoonk
Honorary Landscaper
Honorary Landscaper

PostSubject: Re: I really regret using KBS shafts   Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:50 pm

I have a set of those in my storeroom now, thinking of getting them shafted into my TMs. if you guys are keen, I'm setting up an appointment to see DGman as soon as he opens after CNY (hopefully 3rd or 4th day) and get fitted on KBS (if appropriate)
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal

PostSubject: Re: I really regret using KBS shafts   Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:22 pm

gomjgo wrote:
DGman wrote:

DGman

In simplify term, if you're not suitable to eat apple, can try orange, if both also fail, you need to see a doctor for your allergy towards fruits. Till then, you can't benefit the goodness of fruits.... Very Happy

A most wonderfully apt analogy, methinks. cheers
Back to top Go down
Ron Lee
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: I really regret using KBS shafts   Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:05 pm

eiji wrote:
no need explain...you just prepare to give many many strokes ROFL

eiji, no need to give strokes alrdy. today club fitting shows tat my 6 iron on a CG1 is only 165m Smile hahaha phew....
Back to top Go down
eiji
Course Marshal
Course Marshal

PostSubject: Re: I really regret using KBS shafts   Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:20 pm

time to upgrade to Ikasu

Back to top Go down
Ron Lee
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: I really regret using KBS shafts   Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:55 pm

no money.... my next set of clubs shall be tat Smile
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: I really regret using KBS shafts   Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:12 pm

S70B wrote:
Eric....

How come MC never learn??? He hangs out at ur place so much... Laughing

Rex, you have the privilege to my emails to him and you know what i have been telling him...i think MC is more slutty and obsessive than ghoonk.....in the shaft department. And we all know that Ghoonk is a maniac.

DGman
Back to top Go down
http://www.bigfishes.com
watermyforrest
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: I really regret using KBS shafts   Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:22 am

DGman wrote:

btw Benny...hows your new KBS performing....maybe someone should start a thread on who uses KBS and their feedback (positive or negative) on those shafts.

after the scolding from this grumpy man about what is RSS and what is not... I declared that I am YTS (Youtube swing) since mine is neither this nor that... learned from Paul's youtube and Tendy's guidance... this is me... I survived on freebies tongue

Here is the field report:

1. Flight: definitely more boring than my nspro which was a tad too light to my liking (from trackman when visiting the den and last minute hitting a few irons at the range before CEO declared that die die I must be home or face consequences)

2. Feels: smooth, I can relate to what ghoonk said, imho it is not harsh like project x and for once I can swing my 5-iron effortlessly at a respectable distance... I'd rather not mentioned how long since it might have been a fluke.

3. Distance: darned... can find any fault... it's just long, long, long and long... Bro Siaw8 can confirm that since he was staring at the trackman.

4. Look: well.... nothing to shout about... same lah, except for that red label thingy which can be quite "garang" hehehe...

5. what else ah? oh... Price... that one is up to DGMan to give... I didn't have a chance to "da bao" anything today due to my work (details not to be disclosed here)... geez I didn't even have lunch yet... so it made him grumpy and might have overcharged me...

Having said all of the above, those are only what I feel and not what everyone feels. So give it a try... though I advise you to listen to what ghoonk have said... if you don't intend to change shaft, don't try it, otherwise...
Back to top Go down
weesern
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: I really regret using KBS shafts   Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:33 am

tats y i dun go there unnecessarily.... coz no money to change anything... haha
Back to top Go down
ron81
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: I really regret using KBS shafts   Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:46 am

DGman wrote:
ron81 wrote:
DGman, I've seen a KBS cap somewhere before.. Is it possible for you to get it?

let me ask the KBS guys...i have an order soon.

Do PM me if available.. Thank U!!
Back to top Go down
jurongtiger
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: I really regret using KBS shafts   Fri Jan 22, 2010 2:25 am

Just met up with Ghoonk and chatting with him a good 45min about his thoughts on why a person wld own 7 complete sets of golf clubs, and also have him reveal a little bit about his future plans to twitch with his sets.

I was particularly impressed by his love for the game and his knowledge and his willinglyness to share that knowledge.

Thanks bro, for introducing me to Arnold (Palmer) and showing him a couple of things I never see before:

1) Black Satin KBS shaft on black Miura Wedge. Sweet!
2) Black Satin KBS shafts for his Miura Irons. I am sure its gonna be ultra sweet!!
3) Odd looking old school Titleist putter that does not look anything like one. This one I gotta try to see
4) X-flex TM tour woods (smiley sole and non smiley).
5) Lastly, R9 irons with stock KBS shafts! Now the angmos in Middle East wld need to learn what KBS is sooner rather than later.
6) right thumb for a nicely controlled chip!

Lastly, see you in ADGC (when the rough is trimmed down after this weeks Tourny - Poulter's 7 birdies today is crazy!) or Els very soon, go get the Troon Card, and I will be sneaking out on a weekday someday... after I learn how to walk again after tomorrow's run!

Shukran!
Back to top Go down
ghoonk
Honorary Landscaper
Honorary Landscaper

PostSubject: Re: I really regret using KBS shafts   Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:24 am

heh.

no lar, just passing on what little I pick up from the various sifus in my life, but thanks for the compliments Very Happy

1) KBS shaft is courtesy of DGman one. Expensive and heow but worth it. Can't wait for the ones I bought for my irons to come in. Still haven't decided which irons will get it just yet Smile
2) You got a few shots off the Miuras, right? Blades not that hard to hit la, just ask pocketace. He was playing pretty damn well with them after he began hitting down on the ball more aggressively.

3) Putter was the Titleist Bullseye blade, classic design. Next time we play, I will bring a spare one for you to try. Believe me, it's not hard to hit and requires concentration. After you play with these, playing with mallets will seem easy )

4) HFS and non-HFS 15* and 17.5*, quite shiok, you'll get to try them when we play in ADGC soon!

5) I kinda liked the R9 irons. Doesn't look too clunky, damn forgiving, and I think I know where to get the R9 TP tour-issued irons. But I think I better not mess around with any more irons

6) bro, that tip not from me. Kudos should go to Arnold. That little guy is amazing. Claims his HCP is 4, but I call BS on that one. Very Happy

Will go get the Troon Golf card on Saturday when I head down to BHSG to mash some balls. Are you doing the full marathon or 10k?

jurongtiger wrote:
Just met up with Ghoonk and chatting with him a good 45min about his thoughts on why a person wld own 7 complete sets of golf clubs, and also have him reveal a little bit about his future plans to twitch with his sets.

I was particularly impressed by his love for the game and his knowledge and his willinglyness to share that knowledge.

Thanks bro, for introducing me to Arnold (Palmer) and showing him a couple of things I never see before:

2) Black Satin KBS shafts for his Miura Irons. I am sure its gonna be ultra sweet!!
3) Odd looking old school Titleist putter that does not look anything like one. This one I gotta try to see
5) Lastly, R9 irons with stock KBS shafts! Now the angmos in Middle East wld need to learn what KBS is sooner rather than later.

Lastly, see you in ADGC (when the rough is trimmed down after this weeks Tourny - Poulter's 7 birdies today is crazy!) or Els very soon, go get the Troon Card, and I will be sneaking out on a weekday someday... after I learn how to walk again after tomorrow's run!

Shukran!
Back to top Go down
ron81
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: I really regret using KBS shafts   Fri Jan 22, 2010 4:50 am

watermyforrest wrote:
after the scolding from this grumpy man about what is RSS and what is not... I declared that I am YTS (Youtube swing) since mine is neither this nor that... learned from Paul's youtube and Tendy's guidance... this is me... I survived on freebies tongue

Here is the field report:

1. Flight: definitely more boring than my nspro which was a tad too light to my liking (from trackman when visiting the den and last minute hitting a few irons at the range before CEO declared that die die I must be home or face consequences)

2. Feels: smooth, I can relate to what ghoonk said, imho it is not harsh like project x and for once I can swing my 5-iron effortlessly at a respectable distance... I'd rather not mentioned how long since it might have been a fluke.

3. Distance: darned... can find any fault... it's just long, long, long and long... Bro Siaw8 can confirm that since he was staring at the trackman.

4. Look: well.... nothing to shout about... same lah, except for that red label thingy which can be quite "garang" hehehe...

5. what else ah? oh... Price... that one is up to DGMan to give... I didn't have a chance to "da bao" anything today due to my work (details not to be disclosed here)... geez I didn't even have lunch yet... so it made him grumpy and might have overcharged me...

Having said all of the above, those are only what I feel and not what everyone feels. So give it a try... though I advise you to listen to what ghoonk have said... if you don't intend to change shaft, don't try it, otherwise...

watermyforrest, Good review!!!

Btw, this how I feel for the KBS after using it for about 2 months.. Previously on the Cobra S2 and now on AP2, and it will still be KBS even if I change iron head in future.

Ball flight is definitely more under control, no longer flying high with my previous NS Pro. And yes, I get very straight shots out of it.. Improve alot on my Par 3.. Hehe..

Feel is really smooth, at last I can handle my 4 & 5 iron well with this shaft, less phobia..

Distance is good on AP2 but was longer on the Cobra S2, maybe because of the loft difference.

Look, everyone walking pass you sure can spot the 'quite big' shaftband. I stick it behind so that I can't see the bright red bling bling when address. Oh yes for the look, KBS wedge shaft comes in Black nickel finish which I'm going to get it very soon though I'm doing fine for DG on my Vokey. Maybe the KBS wedge shaft can be better, I reckon..

KBS is addictive, use it and you will never turn back. Funny thing is I practice more frequently on range now then ever, easy to handle, so I don't feel so shack easily? Or my body is improving with the shaft? I don't know..

Lastly I'm getting more n more confident with my iron shots on KBS. I'm a happy golfer now!! Hehe..

DGman, how much is 2 pieces of KBS Black wedge shaft ar? Hahaha..
Back to top Go down
jurongtiger
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: I really regret using KBS shafts   Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:08 am

DG MAN: Wah even more reviews after my last post on KBS. Nb... DGman... when i see you next month, I need your help (and trackman's) to help me decide if its still gonna be PX5.5 (might be a tad to heavy in your views last time, you mentioned 100-108g for me wld be nice) or the KBS tour regular....

Ghoonk: Heng, spent 45min with you only, so the poison should be quite minimal. Damn I dreamt of your Titty bullseye at Al Basha last night.. WTF

Its 4am now in Dubai. I travel to Dubai all the way so it wldnt just be 10km or the 3km fun walk man. hehhe. So no need to jio me to GH later and play with you and Arnold cos I wld be crawling back to AD.

ghoonk wrote:
heh.

no lar, just passing on what little I pick up from the various sifus in my life, but thanks for the compliments Very Happy

1) KBS shaft is courtesy of DGman one. Expensive and heow but worth it. Can't wait for the ones I bought for my irons to come in. Still haven't decided which irons will get it just yet Smile
2) You got a few shots off the Miuras, right? Blades not that hard to hit la, just ask pocketace. He was playing pretty damn well with them after he began hitting down on the ball more aggressively.

3) Putter was the Titleist Bullseye blade, classic design. Next time we play, I will bring a spare one for you to try. Believe me, it's not hard to hit and requires concentration. After you play with these, playing with mallets will seem easy )

4) HFS and non-HFS 15* and 17.5*, quite shiok, you'll get to try them when we play in ADGC soon!

5) I kinda liked the R9 irons. Doesn't look too clunky, damn forgiving, and I think I know where to get the R9 TP tour-issued irons. But I think I better not mess around with any more irons

6) bro, that tip not from me. Kudos should go to Arnold. That little guy is amazing. Claims his HCP is 4, but I call BS on that one. Very Happy

Will go get the Troon Golf card on Saturday when I head down to BHSG to mash some balls. Are you doing the full marathon or 10k?

jurongtiger wrote:

Shukran!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I really regret using KBS shafts   Today at 12:26 am

Back to top Go down

I really regret using KBS shafts
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next