Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.
 
HomeFAQCalendarRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Coach at Warren

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
duffader
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer


Posts : 5599
Join date : 2010-01-28

PostSubject: Re: Coach at Warren   Thu May 19, 2011 2:59 pm

nientsu wrote:
I dunno Trent. But if he can help duffy, he surely can help you. Duffy is one the golf idols of GR. Smile No scared...u in safe hands

Me no idol lah... me just a Ba Kar for alot of people.
Back to top Go down
tianhan
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 69
Join date : 2009-10-03
Age : 23
Location : Bukit Batok

PostSubject: Re: Coach at Warren   Thu May 19, 2011 7:18 pm

duffader wrote:
I am taking lessons from him now. Very all rounder coach and detail. Go for 1 on 1 lessons. Much better.

waa you seeing Turnerr
Back to top Go down
duffader
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer


Posts : 5599
Join date : 2010-01-28

PostSubject: Re: Coach at Warren   Thu May 19, 2011 7:51 pm

tianhan wrote:
duffader wrote:
I am taking lessons from him now. Very all rounder coach and detail. Go for 1 on 1 lessons. Much better.

waa you seeing Turnerr

Yah lah, angry mah, downswing slower than your backswing. Smile
Back to top Go down
DimWit Kid
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer


Posts : 898
Join date : 2011-04-21
Age : 76
Location : Somewhere over the rainbow

PostSubject: Re: Coach at Warren   Sat May 21, 2011 5:58 pm

Am a member and regular there... there are two indian chap.. don't see muru much in teaching slots....
another one is dean tan... I think he's muru's vice president in SPGA le... until last year. not sure if both of them still on those positions.
Back to top Go down
duffader
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer


Posts : 5599
Join date : 2010-01-28

PostSubject: Re: Coach at Warren   Sat May 21, 2011 6:40 pm

They are still at those position. The other indian is a new addition. And the one and only shamuri...... The one that develop the fundamentals of those young amateurs in Warren.
Back to top Go down
shorthitter
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals


Posts : 1725
Join date : 2009-06-17
Location : Laguna National Golf and Country Club

PostSubject: Re: Coach at Warren   Sat May 21, 2011 10:09 pm

duffader wrote:
They are still at those position. The other indian is a new addition. And the one and only shamuri...... The one that develop the fundamentals of those young amateurs in Warren.

Raju also there, across from NSRCC, used to work with him at Parklands before it closed, he is also good Coach.
Back to top Go down
http://www.2telgolf.com
duffader
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer


Posts : 5599
Join date : 2010-01-28

PostSubject: Re: Coach at Warren   Sat May 21, 2011 10:27 pm

shorthitter wrote:
duffader wrote:
They are still at those position. The other indian is a new addition. And the one and only shamuri...... The one that develop the fundamentals of those young amateurs in Warren.

Raju also there, across from NSRCC, used to work with him at Parklands before it closed, he is also good Coach.

Yeap, he got a very nice swing!
Back to top Go down
shorthitter
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals


Posts : 1725
Join date : 2009-06-17
Location : Laguna National Golf and Country Club

PostSubject: Re: Coach at Warren   Sat May 21, 2011 10:33 pm

duffader wrote:
shorthitter wrote:
duffader wrote:
They are still at those position. The other indian is a new addition. And the one and only shamuri...... The one that develop the fundamentals of those young amateurs in Warren.

Raju also there, across from NSRCC, used to work with him at Parklands before it closed, he is also good Coach.

Yeap, he got a very nice swing!

Haha Juju's swing is a lot of things, nice I have never heard before, but effective it is... he took money of me at Johor last week and shot 68 yesterday at OCC.... Nice.... hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.2telgolf.com
duffader
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer


Posts : 5599
Join date : 2010-01-28

PostSubject: Re: Coach at Warren   Sat May 21, 2011 10:40 pm

shorthitter wrote:
duffader wrote:
shorthitter wrote:
duffader wrote:
They are still at those position. The other indian is a new addition. And the one and only shamuri...... The one that develop the fundamentals of those young amateurs in Warren.

Raju also there, across from NSRCC, used to work with him at Parklands before it closed, he is also good Coach.

Yeap, he got a very nice swing!

Haha Juju's swing is a lot of things, nice I have never heard before, but effective it is... he took money of me at Johor last week and shot 68 yesterday at OCC.... Nice.... hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm! Very Happy

Next time i see him, i will tell him AK ask me to call him juju.... hahhaha...
Back to top Go down
shorthitter
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals


Posts : 1725
Join date : 2009-06-17
Location : Laguna National Golf and Country Club

PostSubject: Re: Coach at Warren   Sat May 21, 2011 10:44 pm

duffader wrote:
shorthitter wrote:
duffader wrote:
shorthitter wrote:
duffader wrote:
They are still at those position. The other indian is a new addition. And the one and only shamuri...... The one that develop the fundamentals of those young amateurs in Warren.

Raju also there, across from NSRCC, used to work with him at Parklands before it closed, he is also good Coach.

Yeap, he got a very nice swing!

Haha Juju's swing is a lot of things, nice I have never heard before, but effective it is... he took money of me at Johor last week and shot 68 yesterday at OCC.... Nice.... hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm! Very Happy

Next time i see him, i will tell him AK ask me to call him juju.... hahhaha...

And he will Laugh... Beer
Back to top Go down
http://www.2telgolf.com
duffader
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer


Posts : 5599
Join date : 2010-01-28

PostSubject: Re: Coach at Warren   Sat May 21, 2011 10:55 pm

shorthitter wrote:
duffader wrote:
shorthitter wrote:
duffader wrote:
shorthitter wrote:
duffader wrote:
They are still at those position. The other indian is a new addition. And the one and only shamuri...... The one that develop the fundamentals of those young amateurs in Warren.

Raju also there, across from NSRCC, used to work with him at Parklands before it closed, he is also good Coach.

Yeap, he got a very nice swing!

Haha Juju's swing is a lot of things, nice I have never heard before, but effective it is... he took money of me at Johor last week and shot 68 yesterday at OCC.... Nice.... hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm! Very Happy

Next time i see him, i will tell him AK ask me to call him juju.... hahhaha...

And he will Laugh... Beer

How about the other? Can i say that you ask me to call him ruru??? Beer
Back to top Go down
DimWit Kid
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer


Posts : 898
Join date : 2011-04-21
Age : 76
Location : Somewhere over the rainbow

PostSubject: Re: Coach at Warren   Mon May 23, 2011 7:32 am

what about dean then? how's he? and also is muru actually still give lesson?
Back to top Go down
duffader
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer


Posts : 5599
Join date : 2010-01-28

PostSubject: Re: Coach at Warren   Mon May 23, 2011 9:44 am

If u one who have a swing speed of around 110 but still prefer graphite shaft on your irons, then u can look for dean. Smile coaches wise, I will still prefer shamuri aka uncle sam or Trent.
Back to top Go down
shorthitter
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals


Posts : 1725
Join date : 2009-06-17
Location : Laguna National Golf and Country Club

PostSubject: Re: Coach at Warren   Mon May 23, 2011 9:58 am

duffader wrote:
shorthitter wrote:
duffader wrote:
shorthitter wrote:
duffader wrote:
shorthitter wrote:
duffader wrote:
They are still at those position. The other indian is a new addition. And the one and only shamuri...... The one that develop the fundamentals of those young amateurs in Warren.

Raju also there, across from NSRCC, used to work with him at Parklands before it closed, he is also good Coach.

Yeap, he got a very nice swing!

Haha Juju's swing is a lot of things, nice I have never heard before, but effective it is... he took money of me at Johor last week and shot 68 yesterday at OCC.... Nice.... hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm! Very Happy

Next time i see him, i will tell him AK ask me to call him juju.... hahhaha...

And he will Laugh... Beer

How about the other? Can i say that you ask me to call him ruru??? Beer

He is El Presidentie.... lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.2telgolf.com
Botak88
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer


Posts : 295
Join date : 2010-09-11
Location : Sand bunker

PostSubject: Re: Coach at Warren   Mon May 23, 2011 5:31 pm

duffader wrote:
If u one who have a swing speed of around 110 but still prefer graphite shaft on your irons, then u can look for dean. Smile coaches wise, I will still prefer shamuri aka uncle sam or Trent.

bro;

dun get u when u say "swing speed of 110 but still prefer graphite shaft on u're iron, lok for dean"

can explain pls Neutral
Back to top Go down
duffader
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer


Posts : 5599
Join date : 2010-01-28

PostSubject: Re: Coach at Warren   Tue May 24, 2011 10:06 am

Botak88 wrote:
duffader wrote:
If u one who have a swing speed of around 110 but still prefer graphite shaft on your irons, then u can look for dean. Smile coaches wise, I will still prefer shamuri aka uncle sam or Trent.

bro;

dun get u when u say "swing speed of 110 but still prefer graphite shaft on u're iron, lok for dean"

can explain pls Neutral

Sorry to say this but most of the GR or golfers that i have known are always into stiff shafts. And most of them that i have seen, sad to say should be on regular. And go thru all the post on shafts, everybody say nspro shaft is no good. Well, Dean is one that hits very well on nspro. Nice ball penetrating ball flight on a 950 Regular spec, hitting a 7 iron to almost 190m.

Well, dean is an example when you can strike the ball well, it doesnt matter what shafts you are on. And why he thinking of going graphite, so that he can hack the daily games that he have, big bets with other pros, monday - friday. Dean does have alot of students over the weekends and if you listen to what he says and at the same time have a open mind to equipment, that he is a good choice. FYI, he uses AP1. I overheard some of the students at Warren mention that Dean doesn't look pro enough because of his equipment, whole load of rubbish.
Back to top Go down
DimWit Kid
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer


Posts : 898
Join date : 2011-04-21
Age : 76
Location : Somewhere over the rainbow

PostSubject: Re: Coach at Warren   Tue May 24, 2011 12:29 pm

True, he once took my 6 iron and carry further than my driver Razz
That says more about how bad I am than how good he is i'm afraid - but i saw he hit those long shots on my nspro shafted iron.
However sometimes good player don't always make good coach right.. that's why I asked.

By the way, just curious, is NSpro shaft hard to handle? Coz that's the impression i get from bro duffy's remark?
Back to top Go down
duffader
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer


Posts : 5599
Join date : 2010-01-28

PostSubject: Re: Coach at Warren   Tue May 24, 2011 12:39 pm

Whether the coach is good or not, depends on the student. Some expect wonders without putting in effort. A coach may work for some, but not for some others.

NSpro shafts from some comments is that is high flying, soft, and inconsistent. So very short in terms of distance. But to me, it's still a good shaft in my opinion. Some might ask then why I chg shaft, answer, backside itchy. Hahaha
Back to top Go down
DimWit Kid
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer


Posts : 898
Join date : 2011-04-21
Age : 76
Location : Somewhere over the rainbow

PostSubject: Re: Coach at Warren   Tue May 24, 2011 12:42 pm

hehe.... ok so i can blame the inconsistency of my irons on the nspro (the only consistency is not hitting it to outside fairway - but inconsistently sometimes end up in rough, trees, bushes, water..!)

Back to top Go down
duffader
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer


Posts : 5599
Join date : 2010-01-28

PostSubject: Re: Coach at Warren   Tue May 24, 2011 1:22 pm

Just practise more.... And this includes course playing too. Warren is a course where it requires precision in your approaches, so iron play is important. It's one of those courses that requires u to use almost every club in a 18 hole game.
Back to top Go down
pizzaboi
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 50
Join date : 2011-04-12

PostSubject: Re: Coach at Warren   Tue May 24, 2011 2:33 pm

wah ... im starting class this sunday morning.. will anyone be therE? ? lol..
Back to top Go down
duffader
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer


Posts : 5599
Join date : 2010-01-28

PostSubject: Re: Coach at Warren   Tue May 24, 2011 2:41 pm

pizzaboi wrote:
wah ... im starting class this sunday morning.. will anyone be therE? ? lol..

who u taking lessons from? suppose to have my lesson with trent this week but i am feeling real weak from the house moving.
Back to top Go down
pizzaboi
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 50
Join date : 2011-04-12

PostSubject: Re: Coach at Warren   Tue May 24, 2011 4:43 pm

trent .. =)

1st lesson with 2 of my friends.. 830am .. ure lessons on sunday as well . ?
Back to top Go down
duffader
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer


Posts : 5599
Join date : 2010-01-28

PostSubject: Re: Coach at Warren   Tue May 24, 2011 4:50 pm

Mine is always in prompt to..... when i feel like having a lesson, and he is available, then i will go.
Back to top Go down
pizzaboi
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 50
Join date : 2011-04-12

PostSubject: Re: Coach at Warren   Tue May 24, 2011 4:55 pm

ah ic, see if theres a chance if we can meet up . =)

wait till im better, i'll try to join u guys for games.
Look so interesting.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Coach at Warren   Today at 9:56 am

Back to top Go down
 
Coach at Warren
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Coach at Warren
» British and Irish Lions coach Warren Gatland resigned ......................
» Warren Gatland Wales Coach: Time Up? Part 1
» Jamaican Coach Glenn Mills puts success down to long hours
» Is Warren Gatland the right coach for the Lions?

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic :: Golf Academy :: Ask The Pro-
Jump to:  
Friends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf Republic
Copyright © 2009 Golf Republic. All Rights Reserved.