Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.
 
HomeFAQCalendarRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Moving forward with a different perspective

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
duffader
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer


Posts : 5599
Join date : 2010-01-28

PostSubject: Re: Moving forward with a different perspective   Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:20 pm

Cool.... i think such incidents can be settled then. Hopefully, those that are unhappy can use the weekly range sessions to settle their unhappiness.
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor


Posts : 15650
Join date : 2009-06-18
Age : 41
Location : Typically OOB

PostSubject: Re: Moving forward with a different perspective   Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:23 pm

At the very worst, settle the difference with a NTP challenge at the range Wink

_________________
Clearing my Storeroom of golfing goodies. Please help support Smile

"A ball will always come to rest halfway down a hill, unless there is sand or water at the bottom." Henry Beard
Back to top Go down
duffader
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer


Posts : 5599
Join date : 2010-01-28

PostSubject: Re: Moving forward with a different perspective   Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:27 pm

Technospaz wrote:
At the very worst, settle the difference with a NTP challenge at the range Wink

Hahahahha... nice one... but settling differences with another challenge won't help. I have read that one of the goals of this forum is to help grow the golf community in Singapore. Mods (i pressume that you guys are quite good golfers too) should show the rest how to do it, rather than challenge the rest.
Back to top Go down
WaLau
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer


Posts : 234
Join date : 2009-06-19

PostSubject: Re: Moving forward with a different perspective   Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:27 pm

Duval_S wrote:
Quote :
Ssquirrel wrote:
Technospaz wrote:

Great idea. The range sessions are open to all members and disgruntled members should use this opportunity to pop by and voice their concerns. It's a good opportunity to hear both sides and work towards a compromise going forward.

Sounds reasonable..can work both ways too I guess.. If the mods/volunteers sense some disatisfaction or feel "victimized" they can always shoot a quick PM to chat or even invite the other party in the threads to meetup and have a healthy discussion.

The nuances of speech get lost in forum postings, and misunderstandings/miscommunication always causes unnecessary grief, and is the mother of all fk'ups..



OK...since we have caddy, marshall......I nominate myself to be the uncle at the half way house....anytime there is a miscommunication, come to Suntech, I buy kopi and we all sit and talk (disclaimer: timing must fit my schedule)

i like this new position, halfway house uncle.

then i'll be the air gun, help to blow away the dirts under the shoes. (please hang me back properly after used)
cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
golf_snowman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 2851
Join date : 2009-07-16
Age : 44
Location : Dreamland

PostSubject: Re: Moving forward with a different perspective   Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:30 pm

Duval_S wrote:
Quote :
Ssquirrel wrote:
Technospaz wrote:

Great idea. The range sessions are open to all members and disgruntled members should use this opportunity to pop by and voice their concerns. It's a good opportunity to hear both sides and work towards a compromise going forward.

Sounds reasonable..can work both ways too I guess.. If the mods/volunteers sense some disatisfaction or feel "victimized" they can always shoot a quick PM to chat or even invite the other party in the threads to meetup and have a healthy discussion.

The nuances of speech get lost in forum postings, and misunderstandings/miscommunication always causes unnecessary grief, and is the mother of all fk'ups..



OK...since we have caddy, marshall......I nominate myself to be the uncle at the half way house....anytime there is a miscommunication, come to Suntech, I buy kopi and we all sit and talk (disclaimer: timing must fit my schedule)

haha, bro..can i join your "Half way house uncle" group...

sounds more fun than caddy and marshall..ops !!....keke

snowman
Back to top Go down
missmoon
Greens Committee Member
Greens Committee Member


Posts : 4006
Join date : 2009-06-17
Age : 71
Location : LaLa Land~

PostSubject: Re: Moving forward with a different perspective   Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:36 pm

duffader wrote:
Technospaz wrote:
At the very worst, settle the difference with a NTP challenge at the range Wink

Hahahahha... nice one... but settling differences with another challenge won't help. I have read that one of the goals of this forum is to help grow the golf community in Singapore. Mods (i pressume that you guys are quite good golfers too) should show the rest how to do it, rather than challenge the rest.


FYI. You have the wrong assumption. MissMoon is not just good.. She's so damn good lor.
ok, im just kidding. I play 100+, so i concluded im not a good golfer. Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.golfrepublic.org
ghoonk
Honorary Landscaper
Honorary Landscaper


Posts : 2414
Join date : 2009-12-16
Age : 43
Location : Dubai / Singapore

PostSubject: Re: Moving forward with a different perspective   Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:37 pm

Can I get strokes from missmoon? Dun need much, 3-3 is enough Very Happy
Back to top Go down
missmoon
Greens Committee Member
Greens Committee Member


Posts : 4006
Join date : 2009-06-17
Age : 71
Location : LaLa Land~

PostSubject: Re: Moving forward with a different perspective   Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:38 pm

ghoonk wrote:
Can I get strokes from missmoon? Dun need much, 3-3 is enough Very Happy

can.. i give you 3-3 and my wallet. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.golfrepublic.org
daveaha
Course Marshal
Course Marshal


Posts : 3179
Join date : 2009-06-22
Age : 40
Location : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: Moving forward with a different perspective   Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:38 pm

missmoon wrote:
duffader wrote:
Technospaz wrote:
At the very worst, settle the difference with a NTP challenge at the range Wink

Hahahahha... nice one... but settling differences with another challenge won't help. I have read that one of the goals of this forum is to help grow the golf community in Singapore. Mods (i pressume that you guys are quite good golfers too) should show the rest how to do it, rather than challenge the rest.


FYI. You have the wrong assumption. MissMoon is not just good.. She's so damn good lor.
ok, im just kidding. I play 100+, so i concluded im not a good golfer. Razz

Our moon played 100+ from golf tee ? Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

I'm scareddd... eheehehehe...

Shd give me 1-2-3 Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.nufc.sg
duffader
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer


Posts : 5599
Join date : 2010-01-28

PostSubject: Re: Moving forward with a different perspective   Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:49 pm

missmoon wrote:
duffader wrote:
Technospaz wrote:
At the very worst, settle the difference with a NTP challenge at the range Wink

Hahahahha... nice one... but settling differences with another challenge won't help. I have read that one of the goals of this forum is to help grow the golf community in Singapore. Mods (i pressume that you guys are quite good golfers too) should show the rest how to do it, rather than challenge the rest.


FYI. You have the wrong assumption. MissMoon is not just good.. She's so damn good lor.
ok, im just kidding. I play 100+, so i concluded im not a good golfer. Razz

Oops... Sorry, I was actually refering to Mr Technospaz. Then I guess you are a real passionate golfer. Its ok if you hit 100 plus as long as you are enjoying the game and the company. Everybody here was definitely once a 100 plus golfer... some will just stay around that score some will improve... If the goal is to be a good golfer, then work towards it, but if its just because of the getaway, then i think 100 plus is still a very good score.
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor


Posts : 15650
Join date : 2009-06-18
Age : 41
Location : Typically OOB

PostSubject: Re: Moving forward with a different perspective   Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:51 pm

No need to be sarky, lah Razz I can't play golf to save my life. I can, however, tcss as you can tell from my postcount Smile

_________________
Clearing my Storeroom of golfing goodies. Please help support Smile

"A ball will always come to rest halfway down a hill, unless there is sand or water at the bottom." Henry Beard
Back to top Go down
ghoonk
Honorary Landscaper
Honorary Landscaper


Posts : 2414
Join date : 2009-12-16
Age : 43
Location : Dubai / Singapore

PostSubject: Re: Moving forward with a different perspective   Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:53 pm

when golf stops becoming fun, whatever score i shoot has no meaning any more. I've had really bad days on course, where I left feeling good since I salvaged 97 that should have been MUCH worse given my koyak swing, and days where I have shot 91 and left feeling like crap, knowing that I should have sank 6 of the 4-footers.

100 means you have something to look forward to, and it's a lot easier to break 100 than to break 90... I broke 100 by taking a friend's advice to improve my short game.
Back to top Go down
ChrisD
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 3469
Join date : 2009-11-04
Age : 41
Location : Live beside the King

PostSubject: Re: Moving forward with a different perspective   Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:55 pm

TS didnt know u are so passionate. I hope to be passion about golf too. But for some reasons, I have to give up for a while. hmmmm... how to define passion??
Back to top Go down
duffader
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer


Posts : 5599
Join date : 2010-01-28

PostSubject: Re: Moving forward with a different perspective   Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:56 pm

Hi Technospaz, nothing shocking about have high post counts for a mod because sometimes they need to help others in their postings.
Back to top Go down
ghoonk
Honorary Landscaper
Honorary Landscaper


Posts : 2414
Join date : 2009-12-16
Age : 43
Location : Dubai / Singapore

PostSubject: Re: Moving forward with a different perspective   Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:58 pm

passion means sticking to something that you really suck at but still like to do anyway Smile

Hence, I am a passionate golfer
Back to top Go down
ghoonk
Honorary Landscaper
Honorary Landscaper


Posts : 2414
Join date : 2009-12-16
Age : 43
Location : Dubai / Singapore

PostSubject: Re: Moving forward with a different perspective   Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:58 pm

duffader wrote:
Hi Technospaz, nothing shocking about have high post counts for a mod because sometimes they need to help others in their postings.

no la, it's mostly tcss Smile
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor


Posts : 15650
Join date : 2009-06-18
Age : 41
Location : Typically OOB

PostSubject: Re: Moving forward with a different perspective   Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:59 pm

ChrisD wrote:
TS didnt know u are so passionate. I hope to be passion about golf too. But for some reasons, I have to give up for a while. hmmmm... how to define passion??

I think duff was referring to moonie.

_________________
Clearing my Storeroom of golfing goodies. Please help support Smile

"A ball will always come to rest halfway down a hill, unless there is sand or water at the bottom." Henry Beard
Back to top Go down
ChrisD
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 3469
Join date : 2009-11-04
Age : 41
Location : Live beside the King

PostSubject: Re: Moving forward with a different perspective   Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:01 pm

Something u are suck at.... wow.... so means i should be a passionate golfer as well cause I am suck at golf... hahaha
Back to top Go down
duffader
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer


Posts : 5599
Join date : 2010-01-28

PostSubject: Re: Moving forward with a different perspective   Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:21 pm

Hahahha... nice one guys.. hopefully we are not Passionate about Making XXXX.

My meaning of Passionate golfer is that do no mind how they play, or what equipment they use. They just want to enjoy that moments of walking around the golf course for that 4-5 hours.
Back to top Go down
eswing
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 11
Join date : 2009-06-19

PostSubject: Re: Moving forward with a different perspective   Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:32 pm

i m not an active user of the forum... but pls allow me to kpo a bit as i feel that the disputes (avatar being just another trigger point) will go on forever unless something is changed...

there is 1 type of forums which are more private/ boutique-like. their user bases are small and members tend to know one another relatively well. gr in its early stage was a typical eg of this...

then there are also another type of forums which are really open & public by concept, much like golfwrx, toonshouse, and gr (current stage). their user bases are larger and members come from all walks of life... naturally, the members will cluster into various gangs/kakis/groups eventually - human nature isn't it? dgman has summerized it well, using the terms 'opposing forces', mods etc... of course, there are also many other 'forces' too.

to run type-1 forums, just lay down the rules and manage actively. as users are closer to one another so there is not much rooms for misunderstandings. people tend to be agreeable/ give-face more.

to run type-2 forums, i feel that it would be easier for the mods if they loosen up a bit more and micro-manage lesser... '治大国如烹小鲜'. as u can see, for every action u do and every position/side u take, there are always 20-30% people who oppose/ disagree/ not happy. since u can't please ev1 so y not be neutral and avoid taking positions most of the time? this way, the mods will vomit lesser blood too. let the various forces balance themselves off and just sit back and enjoy the free shows (honestly, i really enjoy reading the controversial threads). the mods should only step in when situations have gone out of control. eg, personal attacks, spams etc. lay down minimum rules... because the more u have, the more effort u need to put in to enforce them... and also it will increase the probabilities of creating misunderstandings. mods can also self define/establish guidelines/super-rules as per when they will interfere to censor/delete/modify/lock-thread... this way, the kuailan ones will have nothing to cry father cry mother liow... less power = less troubles. like many others, i appreciate v much for the effort put in by the mods... and i really pity them...

well, at least, it means GR is getting popular & successful...
Back to top Go down
blee67
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer


Posts : 5410
Join date : 2009-12-05
Location : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: Moving forward with a different perspective   Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:49 pm

Well said Eric.

Btw, Miss Moon, if you are still giving 3 - 3, I want in also.. he he
Back to top Go down
ghoonk
Honorary Landscaper
Honorary Landscaper


Posts : 2414
Join date : 2009-12-16
Age : 43
Location : Dubai / Singapore

PostSubject: Re: Moving forward with a different perspective   Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:28 pm

duffader wrote:
My meaning of Passionate golfer is that do no mind how they play, or what equipment they use. They just want to enjoy that moments of walking around the golf course for that 4-5 hours.

I agree with you on that one. My happiest days is where I get to play with 3 good friends with mild TCSS, suaning and good chats, beautiful weather, beautiful course.

Was playing at TEC a couple of days back, and the pond was well used by ducks, egrets, and a couple of flamingos. From the gree, I can hear light quacking, ducks taking a dive for fish, and swimming around. 24C weather helps too, with 70% humidity Smile

That's golf Smile
Back to top Go down
ghoonk
Honorary Landscaper
Honorary Landscaper


Posts : 2414
Join date : 2009-12-16
Age : 43
Location : Dubai / Singapore

PostSubject: Re: Moving forward with a different perspective   Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:35 pm

missmoon wrote:
ghoonk wrote:
Can I get strokes from missmoon? Dun need much, 3-3 is enough Very Happy

can.. i give you 3-3 and my wallet. Smile

gonna need what i can get, cos i'm gonna lose it all to DGman, who will pass it all back to you geek
Back to top Go down
siaw8
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer


Posts : 945
Join date : 2009-06-19
Age : 36

PostSubject: Re: Moving forward with a different perspective   Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:06 pm

eswing wrote:
i m not an active user of the forum... but pls allow me to kpo a bit as i feel that the disputes (avatar being just another trigger point) will go on forever unless something is changed...

there is 1 type of forums which are more private/ boutique-like. their user bases are small and members tend to know one another relatively well. gr in its early stage was a typical eg of this...

then there are also another type of forums which are really open & public by concept, much like golfwrx, toonshouse, and gr (current stage). their user bases are larger and members come from all walks of life... naturally, the members will cluster into various gangs/kakis/groups eventually - human nature isn't it? dgman has summerized it well, using the terms 'opposing forces', mods etc... of course, there are also many other 'forces' too.

to run type-1 forums, just lay down the rules and manage actively. as users are closer to one another so there is not much rooms for misunderstandings. people tend to be agreeable/ give-face more.

to run type-2 forums, i feel that it would be easier for the mods if they loosen up a bit more and micro-manage lesser... '治大国如烹小鲜'. as u can see, for every action u do and every position/side u take, there are always 20-30% people who oppose/ disagree/ not happy. since u can't please ev1 so y not be neutral and avoid taking positions most of the time? this way, the mods will vomit lesser blood too. let the various forces balance themselves off and just sit back and enjoy the free shows (honestly, i really enjoy reading the controversial threads). the mods should only step in when situations have gone out of control. eg, personal attacks, spams etc. lay down minimum rules... because the more u have, the more effort u need to put in to enforce them... and also it will increase the probabilities of creating misunderstandings. mods can also self define/establish guidelines/super-rules as per when they will interfere to censor/delete/modify/lock-thread... this way, the kuailan ones will have nothing to cry father cry mother liow... less power = less troubles. like many others, i appreciate v much for the effort put in by the mods... and i really pity them...

well, at least, it means GR is getting popular & successful...

eswing,

I dunno who you are but what you have written is exactly what i had wanted to express so many times before but failed to do so and created quite alot of unhappiness.

Kudos to you.
Back to top Go down
ghoonk
Honorary Landscaper
Honorary Landscaper


Posts : 2414
Join date : 2009-12-16
Age : 43
Location : Dubai / Singapore

PostSubject: Re: Moving forward with a different perspective   Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:31 pm

I think some people are missing the point. It's the barbed comments at moderators and admins that started this whole thing.

I have said it once before, and I will say it again -- if anyone here has a beef with the admin or moderators, MEET WITH THEM AND TALK IT OUT. There's a regular Wednesday evening meetup at MBGC range where this can happen, or any member who feels maligned can opt out of this 'restrictive' forum and go to the other golf forum.

Snide and snarky remarks on the side just make things worse.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Moving forward with a different perspective   Today at 12:39 am

Back to top Go down
 
Moving forward with a different perspective
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Moving Forward...
» Ireland moving forward
» '07s Moving Forward
» Sherone Simpson moving from MVP to Racers?
» Keppel's moving?

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic :: The 19th Hole :: Lounge-
Jump to:  
Friends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf Republic
Copyright © 2009 Golf Republic. All Rights Reserved.