Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.
 
HomeFAQCalendarRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 which comes first......Play good or Look Good?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal


Posts : 10361
Join date : 2009-12-19
Age : 39

PostSubject: Re: which comes first......Play good or Look Good?   Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:19 pm

Singlets?!!!!! Serious!
Won't the mgmt chase them away?
Back to top Go down
Birdman
Course Marshal
Course Marshal


Posts : 3798
Join date : 2009-10-09
Age : 51
Location : Wherever my feet take me....

PostSubject: Re: which comes first......Play good or Look Good?   Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:28 pm

No kidding Asahi, seen it before. Look just like they came straight from the market. Not surprised if mgmt won't chase them away, the ranges pay so much to lease the land, they need every cent they can get back as quick as possible.
Back to top Go down
blee67
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer


Posts : 5410
Join date : 2009-12-05
Location : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: which comes first......Play good or Look Good?   Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:44 pm

clarencekim wrote:
Me dun look good & me dun play well.

And me dun care cos at least I am getting some exercise!

Embarassed

CK

Hi CK, so we have to see who exercise more for our game on Tuesday? Very Happy

So we have 2 dun look good and dun play well guys in the same buggy then.... Beer
Back to top Go down
blee67
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer


Posts : 5410
Join date : 2009-12-05
Location : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: which comes first......Play good or Look Good?   Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:52 pm

yuki wrote:
super cho bo in this holiday afternoon reading funny threads..

to me i think look good first then play good bah..
if u dun look good, no one see u.. if no one c u, then no one will knows u play good lor... Razz

with that thot in mind, for past 2 1/2 mths how much hv i spent on my apparels... hmmm scratch

Wah the two times I see you at the range, you look ready to hit the fairways.. sunny
Back to top Go down
tronos
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1121
Join date : 2009-06-21

PostSubject: Re: which comes first......Play good or Look Good?   Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:08 pm

look good = feel good = can only play better.......so why not try to look good.....


*not applicable for Buayas


BTW look good means proper golf apparels..i have seen ladies that look/dress good at the range, but its on a totally different context.... some guys also culprits, wear muscle t-shirts at the range...
Back to top Go down
blee67
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer


Posts : 5410
Join date : 2009-12-05
Location : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: which comes first......Play good or Look Good?   Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:16 pm

tronos wrote:

*not applicable for Buayas

You mean Buayas looks good??
Back to top Go down
yuki
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer


Posts : 659
Join date : 2010-03-10

PostSubject: Re: which comes first......Play good or Look Good?   Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:22 pm

blee2007 wrote:
yuki wrote:
super cho bo in this holiday afternoon reading funny threads..

to me i think look good first then play good bah..
if u dun look good, no one see u.. if no one c u, then no one will knows u play good lor... Razz

with that thot in mind, for past 2 1/2 mths how much hv i spent on my apparels... hmmm scratch

Wah the two times I see you at the range, you look ready to hit the fairways.. sunny

haha.. Blee u referring to my attire can hit e fairways ah.. ROFL
Back to top Go down
ahdan78
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer


Posts : 329
Join date : 2009-11-08
Age : 38

PostSubject: Re: which comes first......Play good or Look Good?   Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:25 pm

I think look gd is more impt, it shows ur respect for the game/ ur flight mates / ppl working or playing in the course.....

Talking about respect,
I've seen ppl who can play very gd scores but was been treated like a small boy and ppl who cant play well but gains alot of respect from others....funny right? Laughing
Back to top Go down
blee67
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer


Posts : 5410
Join date : 2009-12-05
Location : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: which comes first......Play good or Look Good?   Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:26 pm

yuki wrote:
blee2007 wrote:
yuki wrote:
super cho bo in this holiday afternoon reading funny threads..

to me i think look good first then play good bah..
if u dun look good, no one see u.. if no one c u, then no one will knows u play good lor... Razz

with that thot in mind, for past 2 1/2 mths how much hv i spent on my apparels... hmmm scratch

Wah the two times I see you at the range, you look ready to hit the fairways.. sunny

haha.. Blee u referring to my attire can hit e fairways ah.. ROFL

Ya.. you can ask the rest of them who were at the range too.... Swing
Back to top Go down
Birdman
Course Marshal
Course Marshal


Posts : 3798
Join date : 2009-10-09
Age : 51
Location : Wherever my feet take me....

PostSubject: Re: which comes first......Play good or Look Good?   Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:40 pm

ahdan78 wrote:
I think look gd is more impt, it shows ur respect for the game/ ur flight mates / ppl working or playing in the course.....

Right on Ahdan78! At least look decent, it is after all a gentleman's game. Quite appalling when you consider back in Bobby Jones days, they wore jackets and plus fours to play, and today it's singlets and crocs for some.

affraid
Back to top Go down
yuki
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer


Posts : 659
Join date : 2010-03-10

PostSubject: Re: which comes first......Play good or Look Good?   Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:16 pm

blee2007 wrote:
yuki wrote:
blee2007 wrote:
yuki wrote:
super cho bo in this holiday afternoon reading funny threads..

to me i think look good first then play good bah..
if u dun look good, no one see u.. if no one c u, then no one will knows u play good lor... Razz

with that thot in mind, for past 2 1/2 mths how much hv i spent on my apparels... hmmm scratch

Wah the two times I see you at the range, you look ready to hit the fairways.. sunny

haha.. Blee u referring to my attire can hit e fairways ah.. ROFL

Ya.. you can ask the rest of them who were at the range too.... Swing

As I said lor, must look good.. So bought alot of apparels... Haven hit fairways machiam pro like tat.. Tis one buy Tat one buy.. lol!
Back to top Go down
clarencekim
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer


Posts : 680
Join date : 2009-06-24
Location : The 'fine' city of Singapore

PostSubject: Re: which comes first......Play good or Look Good?   Fri Apr 02, 2010 11:08 pm

Blee2007: In the States I have seen guys shirtless and wearing cut-off jeans--a la hillbilly style on some small municiple public courses!

They dun care usually unless it's a private club or a well-known public course.

Only thing I did not see but was hoping to see were some shirtless mei-meis!


Wink
Back to top Go down
Yarra
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1043
Join date : 2010-03-01

PostSubject: Re: which comes first......Play good or Look Good?   Fri Apr 02, 2010 11:40 pm

Play good. Personally I feel moronic when I look good but I can't even shoot even-handicap...
Back to top Go down
duffader
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer


Posts : 5599
Join date : 2010-01-28

PostSubject: Re: which comes first......Play good or Look Good?   Sat Apr 03, 2010 7:03 am

Definitely looking good is more important, at least they will not check ur hcp on the course if you look good. It's like why people buy super unforgiving clubs when they can't even get sweet spot 50% of the time.
Back to top Go down
blee67
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer


Posts : 5410
Join date : 2009-12-05
Location : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: which comes first......Play good or Look Good?   Sat Apr 03, 2010 8:27 am

yuki wrote:
blee2007 wrote:
yuki wrote:
blee2007 wrote:
yuki wrote:
super cho bo in this holiday afternoon reading funny threads..

to me i think look good first then play good bah..
if u dun look good, no one see u.. if no one c u, then no one will knows u play good lor... Razz

with that thot in mind, for past 2 1/2 mths how much hv i spent on my apparels... hmmm scratch

Wah the two times I see you at the range, you look ready to hit the fairways.. sunny

haha.. Blee u referring to my attire can hit e fairways ah.. ROFL

Ya.. you can ask the rest of them who were at the range too.... Swing

As I said lor, must look good.. So bought alot of apparels... Haven hit fairways machiam pro like tat.. Tis one buy Tat one buy.. lol!
ROFL
Back to top Go down
blee67
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer


Posts : 5410
Join date : 2009-12-05
Location : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: which comes first......Play good or Look Good?   Sat Apr 03, 2010 8:34 am

clarencekim wrote:
Blee2007: In the States I have seen guys shirtless and wearing cut-off jeans--a la hillbilly style on some small municiple public courses!

They dun care usually unless it's a private club or a well-known public course.

Only thing I did not see but was hoping to see were some shirtless mei-meis!


Wink

Hi CK,

I have seen that too when we were in the states for a short holiday. In the past, the management will ask those who are not appropriately dressed to leave but nowadays, they seems pretty relaxed about it..

You should try going to OCC range, at times, you see pretty interesting mei-meis if you are near the centre staircase... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
clarencekim
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer


Posts : 680
Join date : 2009-06-24
Location : The 'fine' city of Singapore

PostSubject: Re: which comes first......Play good or Look Good?   Sat Apr 03, 2010 9:36 am

I am at OCC a lot, mostly week days and sometimes Sat or Sun afternoons.

I have seen better looking ones at MBGC.

Once I saw an Indonesian babe and her ang mo boyfriend practicing while wearing a thin halter top (bra-less?), very short pants (ample leg display) and stilletto high heels.

The MGBC staff just stood and oggled at her while she tried to hit the balls (FYI, the staff were all men).

In her case, it must have been: What dress code?

I miss seeing the sexy minahs at Tavern Pub which is now some Jap restaurant on level 2 of OCC. But the Burmese female staff at the jap restaurant are cute. And they whack a range balls when they are not busy with customers!

Wink
Back to top Go down
Birdman
Course Marshal
Course Marshal


Posts : 3798
Join date : 2009-10-09
Age : 51
Location : Wherever my feet take me....

PostSubject: Re: which comes first......Play good or Look Good?   Sat Apr 03, 2010 9:48 am

Keep your hormones in check CK. Topic OFF

This thread is about whether you play or look good, not how sexy and cute the female staff of various Asian nationalities at OCC are.

ROFL
Back to top Go down
clarencekim
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer


Posts : 680
Join date : 2009-06-24
Location : The 'fine' city of Singapore

PostSubject: Re: which comes first......Play good or Look Good?   Sat Apr 03, 2010 9:53 am

If cannot strike golf balls well, a least enjoy watcing mei-meis at the driving ranges!

It's either that or continue my philatelic interest or ornithological hobby in lieu of continuing bad golf scores.


Razz
Back to top Go down
darenlim
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer


Posts : 426
Join date : 2010-03-17

PostSubject: Re: which comes first......Play good or Look Good?   Sat Apr 03, 2010 5:37 pm

It is definitely looking good, at least you feel good first before you hit the range or play at the golf course.

I remember playing a tournament and there was this guy that looked really good, he was good looking, dressed well and swung well. Although he came back with a 90+ playing an amateur tournament. Play no good never mind, remember to not submit scorecard or hide your scores Smile
Back to top Go down
mizzy
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 2702
Join date : 2009-12-11
Location : golf club graveyard

PostSubject: Re: which comes first......Play good or Look Good?   Sat Apr 03, 2010 6:01 pm

darenlim wrote:
It is definitely looking good, at least you feel good first before you hit the range or play at the golf course.

I remember playing a tournament and there was this guy that looked really good, he was good looking, dressed well and swung well. Although he came back with a 90+ playing an amateur tournament. Play no good never mind, remember to not submit scorecard or hide your scores Smile

the guy that looked really good.. must be the one in your avatar right? ROFL
Back to top Go down
daveaha
Course Marshal
Course Marshal


Posts : 3179
Join date : 2009-06-22
Age : 40
Location : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: which comes first......Play good or Look Good?   Sat Apr 03, 2010 6:04 pm

mizzy wrote:
darenlim wrote:
It is definitely looking good, at least you feel good first before you hit the range or play at the golf course.

I remember playing a tournament and there was this guy that looked really good, he was good looking, dressed well and swung well. Although he came back with a 90+ playing an amateur tournament. Play no good never mind, remember to not submit scorecard or hide your scores Smile

the guy that looked really good.. must be the one in your avatar right? ROFL

I guess after the discussion of hole 5 Vanda earlier today... my principal is : "LOOK GOOD FIRST " Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.nufc.sg
mizzy
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 2702
Join date : 2009-12-11
Location : golf club graveyard

PostSubject: Re: which comes first......Play good or Look Good?   Sat Apr 03, 2010 6:12 pm

daveaha, you also look damn pro with your alignment sticks.. Peace lol!
Back to top Go down
darenlim
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer


Posts : 426
Join date : 2010-03-17

PostSubject: Re: which comes first......Play good or Look Good?   Sat Apr 03, 2010 6:12 pm

mizzy : I wish I could look good to being with!
Back to top Go down
daveaha
Course Marshal
Course Marshal


Posts : 3179
Join date : 2009-06-22
Age : 40
Location : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: which comes first......Play good or Look Good?   Sat Apr 03, 2010 6:13 pm

mizzy wrote:
daveaha, you also look damn pro with your alignment sticks.. Peace lol!

whawhahwahwah... but play like sh1te... now u know why i need desperately the alignment stick right ? hehe... par 3... use 7 iron... straight, long, distance is right, but.... alllll theeee wayyyy to the leftttt.....
Back to top Go down
http://www.nufc.sg
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: which comes first......Play good or Look Good?   Today at 2:51 pm

Back to top Go down
 
which comes first......Play good or Look Good?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Similar topics
-
» ddm tuning hid lights any good ?
» avenger heads good ? or are these the same as procomp
» WTB: 16" wheels, wide=good, low offset=good, cheap!
» which comes first......Play good or Look Good?
» Radum Hoists

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic :: The 19th Hole :: Lounge-
Jump to:  
Friends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf Republic
Copyright © 2009 Golf Republic. All Rights Reserved.