Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeFAQCalendarRegisterLog in

Share | 

Where to measure my swing speed and other stats...?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
watermyforrest
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Where to measure my swing speed and other stats...?   Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:09 am

DGman wrote:

there is always an element of luck in golf but Gary Player once said, the harder you train, the luckier you get...
DGman

will I be luckier in trying to get the black and white BFG Iron cover if I come more often to the den (BFG Bukit Merah)?
Back to top Go down
robert33
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Where to measure my swing speed and other stats...?   Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:13 pm

alvin7379 wrote:
Hi Robert33,

I believe what DGman trying to say is, maybe it is not so much about how to get your swing stats measured... it is more about what you make out of those measurements and with those measurements, what is your objective to improve on them?

For example... you mentioned your objective is to beat your mentor... nothing wrong but I think DGman is digging into something deeper. Before you make a trip down to BFG, my suggestion for you to make it a much more fruitful trip (rather than just data collection) is:
- Breakdown your own comments about your Driver, long irons, short irons, wedges
- Be ready to tell him what your usual problems are (i.e. you are constantly slicing the ball or constantly topping the ball or thinning the ball etc etc)
- Ask yourself what do you want to achieve during the session (i.e. Drive the ball further, lower ball flight for your irons, etc)
- Last but not least.. go with an open mind about what he will tell you (expect him to tell you straight in the face that you need to work on your swing before taking measurements if he needs to)

But if your objective is just so that you can take some measurements as 'reference' (which I am not sure if the numbers mean anything to you in the first place)... then I think you would probably not gain anything from the session (but I am sure DGman will still allow you to drop by to take them anyway... lol!)

And in case you are wondering... of cos I am no expert or anything... been playing for only 3 years and I still cannot make anything out of the numbers on the monitor. But I feel my job is not to track the numbers... but to get a consistent swing that I can replicate everytime... when I can do that... the swing speed will gradually increase over time...

Hope my comments help... and I wish you can beat your mentor soon!!! cheers

Cool thanks for the advice...

Well most likely i will jus give up the idea for the swing speed measurements and stats...

Will give myself some years ahead to train on my weakness...

See you guys around then..

Cheers...
Back to top Go down
robert33
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Where to measure my swing speed and other stats...?   Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:18 pm

DGman wrote:
Hi Robert 33...

i learn that in golf, fundamental is very important.

A good swing is one that is repeatable and the results predictable. nobody will judge how beautiful the swing. but a good swing is usually smooth, well timed and consistent.

there is always an element of luck in golf but Gary Player once said, the harder you train, the luckier you get. by this he mean proper training..haha otherwise we may end up perfecting an imperfect swing.

DGman

Hi DGman,

Well fundamental is very important in watever we do in life...

And everyone desires a good swing but how many ppl are actually there?

I agree that by trainin more we reduce the need for the element of luck...

Thanks for all the kind advice...

Me will carry on working on the swing i have now and see where it leads me to then... Hahaha...

See you ard! Cheers...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Where to measure my swing speed and other stats...?   Today at 10:27 pm

Back to top Go down

Where to measure my swing speed and other stats...?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2