While chatting with SBH abt R9 and convenience in changing shaft, this pop in my head and makes me wonder why TM, Titleist, and all other manufacturer, haven't worked a technology that would make the irons as flexible as R9s.
Wouldn't it cool, if you iron have the following, while maintaining its form and factor:
- Movable weights for Irons
- Changeable shafts for irons (graphite, steel, hybrid steel, different brands)
- Heads that can be set to draw/open configuration
- Spare part/accessories for screws that is easily available in the market
- Changeable head i.e. CB or MB of a same brand with visiting yr local fitter
What's even cooler, if all manufacturer have the same standards settings what allow you to change to different brands of heads at your choosing.