Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeFAQCalendarRegisterLog in

Share | 

Intro/WITB/Looking for 1 Kaki

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
TNRM
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Intro/WITB/Looking for 1 Kaki   Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:47 pm

Hi,

Been lurking for a while and thought I might as well throw my hat in. Not sure if this violate rules but figured I might as well chuck a couple things into 1 post. If it does contravene rules, can I request the mods to just delete this post.

Been playing for a couple years and and in my early 40s. I play predominantly in both East and West Malaysia and go to the OCC range at most once a week. I've more or less reached my absolute golfing potential and now play for a little exercise, good company and am just waiting for my son to have a game with me when he grows up in several years time.

We have a regular 3some of 2 guys (myself included) and 1 girl who play in JB virtually every Sat morning. We are about the same age and play to about the same standard. I live in Pasir Ris and if someone who stays nearby and would like to join up to make a 4some, do give me a buzz. I drive and have no issues with an early morning pick-up on the proviso that the person lives nearby and is punctual.

Below are my current gamers and am not looking to change anytime soon. *famous last words*
At most might change the shaft of my driver back to my previous 7Z08, but who knows....

Would be nice to hear from some of you for a match up soon.

[img][/img]
Back to top Go down
eiji
Course Marshal
Course Marshal

PostSubject: Re: Intro/WITB/Looking for 1 Kaki   Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:50 pm

hi and welcome.

do try and join us for the weekly meetup at MBGC on wednesday nights, and also the monthly games. Golf is more than just a game for 4, the last bintan game, we had a group of 30ish, besides the interaction between flightmates, we had a good time with the rest of the group.

Adams A12 Pro 23* GD Tour AD UT85 R
Callaway X Hot Pro 5-PW PX95 5.5
Titleist SM4 50*, 54*, 58* DG Spinner
Scotty Studio Select 2012 Golo 33"
Back to top Go down
http://www.idealparts.com.sg
crystal_tiong
Caddy
Caddy

PostSubject: Re: Intro/WITB/Looking for 1 Kaki   Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:00 pm

Hi TNRM

Welcome to GR , i am weekends golfers , always play in JB every sat too ....
Hope we can have a game soon ....

Cheers!
Back to top Go down
ralphlim
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Intro/WITB/Looking for 1 Kaki   Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:44 pm

Nice cat, its fur is fanastic...
Back to top Go down
eden
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Intro/WITB/Looking for 1 Kaki   Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:47 pm

i live nearby and I am usually punctual Smile
not sure if u can receive PM...but i just sent u one.

nice setup, especially the tour edge EXOTICS 3 wood.
Back to top Go down
TNRM
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Intro/WITB/Looking for 1 Kaki   Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:05 pm

eiji & crystal_t, , thanks for the welcome.

I understand that large golf outings can be really fun. Perhaps may join up with you guys if time permits. Having said that, some of us have to interact and be sociable as a profession. Hence, by the time the weekend or my personal time rolls around, I tend to be a little reticent in large groups.

ralphlim, pic was of my late cat Rubbie who crossed in Apr 2006. Was my first rescued cat and hence holds a special place.

eden, I've had the misfortune to cross the island to pick up perpetually late kakis (having to wait sometimes for more thana 45 mins). Really screws up the mood I tell you..... Got your PM but can't reply just yet. TEE CB2 is a hell of a 3 wood. In my limited experience, its in a league of its own for pure distance. Not the best sounding 3 wood mind you but I can live with it given its performance.

Anyone plays Puteri regularly on Sat mornings?
Back to top Go down
crystal_tiong
Caddy
Caddy

PostSubject: Re: Intro/WITB/Looking for 1 Kaki   Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:14 pm

hi

for my sat games , I normally keep to 2-3 flights only and easy going ppl .....
Yes , I do not have the patience to wait for ppl who cant be punctual , which I understand sometimes big grps can be troublesome.
Btw , we do range at OCC every thurs , join us if u can , small grp ppl only ....

I wan to try Puteri one day too .

Cheers
Back to top Go down
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Intro/WITB/Looking for 1 Kaki   Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:26 pm

Welcome. Nah, you did not violate anything. why don't you just try to join up with us tomorrow evening at Marina Bay GC range at the top floor rooftop.? You will find a group of outgoing people whose main interest is just golf.

Titu
Back to top Go down
mloy
Caddy
Caddy

PostSubject: Re: Intro/WITB/Looking for 1 Kaki   Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:11 pm

Hi TNRM Welcome to GR.
Cheers Jump Cheers Jump Cheers Jump

You looking for golf khakis... this is the place man.

Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Intro/WITB/Looking for 1 Kaki   Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:14 pm

welcome... you will find more than 1 kaki here... Beer
Back to top Go down
TNRM
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Intro/WITB/Looking for 1 Kaki   Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:16 pm

crystal_t, 2-3 flights? Sounds like a logistical challenge. Where you guys play? May just take you guys up on the OCC Thurs night range offer. Will have to see if I can get my kitchen pass for the week approved.... Of all the courses that I've played in JB, I would say that Puteri Plantation is my favourite all round course for layout, suiting the eye, challenge and forgiveness. Only issue is the infamous Pasir Gudang Highway (what a misnomer!!), more like the Pasir Gudang Carpark or the Johor M25.

Titu, thanks for the invite. Not been to MBGC range in a while cause it's just plain out of the way for me.

mysticsea & mloy, thanks.

BTW, anyone here a coffee geek or particular about their espressos? I've only found 3 joints in SIN worth going and have to go to get my shot after lunch on weekdays and weekends.
Back to top Go down
eden
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Intro/WITB/Looking for 1 Kaki   Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:20 pm

where are the 3 coffee joints?

call me for a game..my wife wil only be back end march so i am free for 1 month.
friday i have nsrcc morning game and maybe saturday in JB (TBA).
Back to top Go down
crystal_tiong
Caddy
Caddy

PostSubject: Re: Intro/WITB/Looking for 1 Kaki   Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:24 pm

So far i still can manage the logictics for 3 flights , some gals include myself , we dare to drive in to JB .
We are quite new to golf , so yet to try many courses in JB ....
ok if u can come this thurs to OCC , do buzz me ..

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
blee67
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Intro/WITB/Looking for 1 Kaki   Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:32 pm

TNRM wrote:
crystal_t, 2-3 flights? Sounds like a logistical challenge. Where you guys play? May just take you guys up on the OCC Thurs night range offer. Will have to see if I can get my kitchen pass for the week approved.... Of all the courses that I've played in JB, I would say that Puteri Plantation is my favourite all round course for layout, suiting the eye, challenge and forgiveness. Only issue is the infamous Pasir Gudang Highway (what a misnomer!!), more like the Pasir Gudang Carpark or the Johor M25.

Titu, thanks for the invite. Not been to MBGC range in a while cause it's just plain out of the way for me.

mysticsea & mloy, thanks.

BTW, anyone here a coffee geek or particular about their espressos? I've only found 3 joints in SIN worth going and have to go to get my shot after lunch on weekdays and weekends.

Hello Welcome..

Did you say coffee? Where where?
Back to top Go down
TNRM
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Intro/WITB/Looking for 1 Kaki   Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:37 pm

eden, I got opening for 1 ball for Puteri Plantation this Sat 7.15 am tee time. Let me know if you keen.

The places I have found with solid consistent espresso based drinks are:

1. Highlander - 49A Kampong Bahru Road. Opposite SGH.

2. Oriole - Pacific Suites on Somerset Road.

3. Espressoul - Changi Business Park.

I like (1) the best but go to (3) on weekdays due to it being near the office. We go to (2) on Sundays when (1) is closed.
Back to top Go down
blee67
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Intro/WITB/Looking for 1 Kaki   Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:13 pm

TNRM wrote:
eden, I got opening for 1 ball for Puteri Plantation this Sat 7.15 am tee time. Let me know if you keen.

I like (1) the best but go to (3) on weekdays due to it being near the office. We go to (2) on Sundays when (1) is closed.

For lunch sure cannot, my office not anywhere near there... sigh...
Back to top Go down
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Intro/WITB/Looking for 1 Kaki   Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:25 pm

TNRM wrote:

I presumed you are a member of TPGC?. How much if you sign in guest on weekend? Used to play Plantation when I was picking up my golf.My friend was a member and I play free because I drive the flight from Singapore.

Titu
Back to top Go down
Jax
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Intro/WITB/Looking for 1 Kaki   Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:39 pm

TNRM wrote:

Anyone plays Puteri regularly on Sat mornings?

Hi, me do. Have regular kakis of about 5 - 6 of us. This Sat playing in Village then hopefully at Straits, hard up for the special promo for members for round 2 @ RM 20 ...haha.... Went online...seems like Plantation is pack this Sat.

Nice to know there are Tg Puteri Members here. Wouldn't mind to play with you next time if you don't mind playing with beginner.... Very Happy

Enjoy your game!

Jax Very Happy
Back to top Go down
jaketang
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Intro/WITB/Looking for 1 Kaki   Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:50 pm

nice set of clubs..... believe u r playing well too...

welcome....
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Intro/WITB/Looking for 1 Kaki   Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:10 pm

Welcome bro......Very berry nice Set......if there is slot next time ard March, hope to join you for a game.....

.....DS ' seasoned beginner'
Back to top Go down
hardballs
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Intro/WITB/Looking for 1 Kaki   Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:15 pm

for coffee you could also try Jones the Grocer at Dempsey and now also at the Mandarin Gallery on Orchard. There is also Cafe Beviamo at Tanglin Mall and Paragon. Sadly good espresso coffee does not seem such a big deal in Singapore.
Back to top Go down
botak
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Intro/WITB/Looking for 1 Kaki   Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:22 pm

Get yourself a Nespresso machine... yum yum!!
Back to top Go down
eden
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Intro/WITB/Looking for 1 Kaki   Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:29 pm

i like Australia...they have a very good coffee culture.
most places in singapore mixed the espresso with too much milk whether it is a cappuccino or cafe latte........etc

back to golf..Saturday TBA......i have your number Wink
Back to top Go down
TNRM
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Intro/WITB/Looking for 1 Kaki   Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:18 pm

Titu & Jax, I'm not a member of any golf clubs in SIN or West Malaysia. Basically, I just pay and play. To be honest, I was in the market for a golf club in SIN about a year ago so that I can play closer to home and without having to wake up at ungodly hours just to make a 7 am tee time in JB. However, NSRCC wasn't for me and I missed the boat on TMCC. Having said that, playing in JB does give me a large selection of courses for a fair price.

Jake, Thanks but playing well is a matter of opinion and all I can say is that I've reached my goal I had set when I started, which is playing to a solid 24 handicap.

Duval, Took me a while to finally settle on my set but it's been about a year now and the set has just about settled down. Exception being the driver which I got about 5 months ago to replace my ageing G5. Really don't foresee any changes unless the wedges wear out and I may try to buy any remaining 'non-conforming' Vokey Spin Milled left in SIN.

If anyone's short of a game this Sat, 1 slot is open on my flight at Puteri. I think it should be about RM200 a round all in.

hardballs and botak, I'm fairly particular about my espresso and am a creature of habit. Took me a while to find Highlander but now that I have, it'll take a bit for me to go some where else for my fix. A colleague of mine has the capsule based Nespressso machine and I must say that the crema is impressive. We have a capsule based machine (brand unknown)in the office and it gives only a passable shot but if all else fails, it'll do. Don't think I'll ever buy one of those home barista sets though. Too much bother for a shot a day.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Intro/WITB/Looking for 1 Kaki   Today at 5:56 pm

Back to top Go down

Intro/WITB/Looking for 1 Kaki
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1