Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.
 
HomeFAQCalendarRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Cautionary Tale: Pump Gas in JB

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
TNRM
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer


Posts : 271
Join date : 2010-02-22
Location : Singapore

PostSubject: Cautionary Tale: Pump Gas in JB   Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:15 pm

This just happened to me. Went to the Shell Gas station just after the Johor Checkpoint in JB and used my credit card to swipe into the pump for a quick top up as the queue at the service desk was too long. Upon finishing, machine indicated as such but no receipt was printed out. Thought nothing of it and left. I now find out that instead of the RM30+ I pumped, S$ 80+ was charged to my card.

Moral of the story, don't go to that particular station or if need be, use the service desk for all transactions.

Thankfully, nothing more was charged and I'll just take it was a lesson learned.
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer


Posts : 8185
Join date : 2009-06-19

PostSubject: Re: Cautionary Tale: Pump Gas in JB   Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:31 pm

Quote :
TNRM wrote:
This just happened to me. Went to the Shell Gas station just after the Johor Checkpoint in JB and used my credit card to swipe into the pump for a quick top up as the queue at the service desk was too long. Upon finishing, machine indicated as such but no receipt was printed out. Thought nothing of it and left. I now find out that instead of the RM30+ I pumped, S$ 80+ was charged to my card.

Moral of the story, don't go to that particular station or if need be, use the service desk for all transactions.

Thankfully, nothing more was charged and I'll just take it was a lesson learned.


just curious,....any recollection what was shown on the meter ($ section) ?
Back to top Go down
crystal_tiong
Caddy
Caddy


Posts : 1119
Join date : 2009-10-10
Age : 65

PostSubject: Re: Cautionary Tale: Pump Gas in JB   Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:33 pm

oh no , this mth i been charging to credit card , and also no reciept given come out ....
but not that shell station .....
Back to top Go down
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 3375
Join date : 2009-10-16
Location : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: Cautionary Tale: Pump Gas in JB   Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:03 pm

But they would be in violation too if they let you pumped over 20 litres. At 80 it works out to be around 40 litres. You can go back to them with your bill as to how come they charged 80? Just thinking out loud.

titu
Back to top Go down
crystal_tiong
Caddy
Caddy


Posts : 1119
Join date : 2009-10-10
Age : 65

PostSubject: Re: Cautionary Tale: Pump Gas in JB   Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:13 pm

oh , u know if u pump with credit card at the kiosk itself not gg thru the cashier , u can pump till vomit ....
Back to top Go down
TNRM
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer


Posts : 271
Join date : 2010-02-22
Location : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: Cautionary Tale: Pump Gas in JB   Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:26 pm

Duval, It's about RM 30+ or thereabouts as 3/4 tanks doesn't really give you much room to play with anyway.

Crystal, Not having the pump spit out the recipt has happened to me several times in the past witbout incident and hence, I really thought nothing of it. But I guess now its really a case of caveat emptor. Would be a shame if anyone else falls for this, which was why I posted.

Titu, I think we all know that the implementation of the 20 litre rule has been all show and no go. As Crystal mentioned, if you swipe directly at the pump, there's really no limit. I suppose I can try to seek redress at the station the next time I pass through JB, but it might just be too much of a hassle as I'm not even sure if the pump attendent will understand enough English for me to explain my predicament. Suffice to say that I'm going to be a lot savvier now. I'll just go back to the usual Esso/Mobil Station I use just down the road and which I haven't had any problems to date.
Back to top Go down
crystal_tiong
Caddy
Caddy


Posts : 1119
Join date : 2009-10-10
Age : 65

PostSubject: Re: Cautionary Tale: Pump Gas in JB   Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:30 pm

stay out from the SHELL after custom , pump other places is gd , or u can go to pelangi shell , less crowded ....
Back to top Go down
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 3375
Join date : 2009-10-16
Location : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: Cautionary Tale: Pump Gas in JB   Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:54 pm

For me, I pay by cash. This is what I usually do. My car even though 3/4 full still requires about 25 to 30 litres. I usually go to that same particular Shell and pump about 6 -7 litres and then proceed to the Esso opposite Pelangi to top up the rest everytime.


titu
Back to top Go down
TNRM
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer


Posts : 271
Join date : 2010-02-22
Location : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: Cautionary Tale: Pump Gas in JB   Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:06 pm

Titu, I can't be bothered to use cash and then have to get back more coins in return. Plastic fantastic as far as I'm concerned. Sounds like you go through some serious hassle just to pump at both stations. For me and from an technical perspective, gas is gas. All the more so that I drive an el cheapo alulminium can which I don't even bother to wash. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 3375
Join date : 2009-10-16
Location : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: Cautionary Tale: Pump Gas in JB   Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:19 pm

Just for info, for every trip I pumped, I saved SGD$25-$30. I think it is worth my time and while to pump. As for change in coins, you can round it off to the nearest dollar what? When the pump stop automatically you can pump in another additional 5 -7 ltres of petrol. Thats my car volume. Depends on what car you drive but can squeezed a couple of litres more after auto cut off.

titu
Back to top Go down
jimmychoo
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1255
Join date : 2009-06-17
Age : 99
Location : Teban Garden

PostSubject: Re: Cautionary Tale: Pump Gas in JB   Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:25 pm

Nobody want RM coin? Pass to me, I can keep for you Razz

So far I am going thru 2nd link and I am pumping more than 20 litre without problem although they have a notice there. Maybe I look like a Malaysian or my car look like one of them? Suspect

Never try to pay by credit card before. Think shall not start at all. Thanks bro. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
nutty88
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1158
Join date : 2009-07-01
Age : 48
Location : Little Red Dot

PostSubject: Re: Cautionary Tale: Pump Gas in JB   Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:28 pm

Tituman wrote:
Just for info, for every trip I pumped, I saved SGD$25-$30. I think it is worth my time and while to pump. As for change in coins, you can round it off to the nearest dollar what? When the pump stop automatically you can pump in another additional 5 -7 ltres of petrol. Thats my car volume. Depends on what car you drive but can squeezed a couple of litres more after auto cut off.

titu

I thought you are banned from driving into malaysia? affraid
Back to top Go down
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 3375
Join date : 2009-10-16
Location : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: Cautionary Tale: Pump Gas in JB   Fri Feb 26, 2010 4:01 pm

nutty88 wrote:
Tituman wrote:
Just for info, for every trip I pumped, I saved SGD$25-$30. I think it is worth my time and while to pump. As for change in coins, you can round it off to the nearest dollar what? When the pump stop automatically you can pump in another additional 5 -7 ltres of petrol. Thats my car volume. Depends on what car you drive but can squeezed a couple of litres more after auto cut off.

titu

I thought you are banned from driving into malaysia? affraid

By who?? You mean last time by MOF is it? No la... last time got ban because new car mah... the one with the leaping animal right? Now change already la. This new one also 2 years old already. The 3 legged one encircled by a wheel keke.

titu
Back to top Go down
yuki
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer


Posts : 659
Join date : 2010-03-10

PostSubject: Re: Cautionary Tale: Pump Gas in JB   Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:38 am

20litres limitation only applies to the lower grade petrol...
if pump V-power, no limitation... Smile
Back to top Go down
Gray
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1270
Join date : 2009-06-20

PostSubject: Re: Cautionary Tale: Pump Gas in JB   Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:47 am

Maybe the guy before you didnt pay and he was malaysian, so no 20 litre limit?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Cautionary Tale: Pump Gas in JB   Today at 2:49 pm

Back to top Go down
 
Cautionary Tale: Pump Gas in JB
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Cautionary Tale: Pump Gas in JB
» A Cautionary Tale
» A Cautionary Tale
» Locked out: a cautionary tale !
» A Cautionary Tale

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic :: The 19th Hole :: Lounge-
Jump to:  
Friends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf Republic
Copyright © 2009 Golf Republic. All Rights Reserved.