Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeFAQCalendarRegisterLog in

Share | 

hello

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Ssquirrel
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: hello   Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:25 am

Birdman wrote:

Hi Yuki, It's got to do with core muscles, strong stomach and lower back. Ladies do seem to have some problem with that according to a friend of mine who coaches ladies a lot. Pilates and yoga helps to strengthen the core a lot, so you can try that. Then there are some drills to teach you how to feel the separation of the lower body from the upper body to create the torque for more distance. That separation is to stretch the muscle running down the left side of your back connected to your shoulder blade and hip on the backswing, to cause a rubber band effect on the downswing. I've tried to explain it as simply as I can, hope it helps.
Sibeh cheem leh...what separation of the lower body from the upper body to create the torque??? albino
I dun feel this stretch during my swing, maybe that's why my distances are short? I tried to do what this "rubber band" thing before but after trying I am afraid that the separation of lower and upper body would become a permanent feature and so have decided against it. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
SandyHooker
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: hello   Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:33 am

Ssquirrel wrote:
Birdman wrote:

Hi Yuki, It's got to do with core muscles, strong stomach and lower back. Ladies do seem to have some problem with that according to a friend of mine who coaches ladies a lot. Pilates and yoga helps to strengthen the core a lot, so you can try that. Then there are some drills to teach you how to feel the separation of the lower body from the upper body to create the torque for more distance. That separation is to stretch the muscle running down the left side of your back connected to your shoulder blade and hip on the backswing, to cause a rubber band effect on the downswing. I've tried to explain it as simply as I can, hope it helps.
Sibeh cheem leh...what separation of the lower body from the upper body to create the torque??? albino
I dun feel this stretch during my swing, maybe that's why my distances are short? I tried to do what this "rubber band" thing before but after trying I am afraid that the separation of lower and upper body would become a permanent feature and so have decided against it. Crying or Very sad

i believe i seen this phenomenon before? but I think eventually the body was joined back.

i saw it on TV recently on the channel U show, the illusionist.
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: hello   Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:59 am

Birdman is not off according to a book which i have read recently...

the book is titled "The Scientific Truth of the Golf Swing". the author Steen Winther has an interesting analogy. i will try to condense..

the only moving parts of a propeller airplane is the plane and the propeller. we know that the propeller has a great amount of rotational energy and this energy propels the plane. however the propeller while its moving is not the source of engine.

the source of energy is from the engine and is transmitted via the drive shaft through the propeller and to the air.

From a scientific point of view, the author likens this is exactly what takes place in the golf swing.

the arm do not generate power, the shoulder do not generate power, the hip do not generate power. But together they help to transmit power from the lower body...the limbs, just like the engine in the propeller engine.

Accordingly to the author, the true functions of the arms is to be in a position to transmit energy to the club and onto the ball, and the required arm tension is a function of the quality of the swing geometry. Simply said, if someone needs to "work the club a lot" with the hands and arms, its a case of poor swing geometry.

there is a lot more...but it's evident that Birdman is not far from the Truth.

DGman

Chim enough?
Back to top Go down
http://www.bigfishes.com
yuki
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: hello   Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:03 am

Birdman wrote:
yuki wrote:
so if anyone learn the easy tricks to swing, do let me know Cool ... still trying to figure out y my friend's lower body n upper body can be sort of detached n swing...
if not i only can try to hit it straight but short distance...

hmm... so chim ah.. any videos or illustration from web tat i can see the drills?
or hv to see u demo ah.. Razz
Back to top Go down
alvin7379
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: hello   Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:04 am

DGman wrote:

Accordingly to the author, the true functions of the arms is to be in a position to transmit energy to the club and onto the ball, and the required arm tension is a function of the quality of the swing geometry. Simply said, if someone needs to "work the club a lot" with the hands and arms, its a case of poor swing geometry.

Aiyo... I must admit that I am so guilty of the above.... Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
http://www.visualtech.com.sg
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: hello   Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:16 am

go to amazon and buy the book....

no need to see video, i am convinced the author is quite right.

you want to learn the drills, ask Jhan...he has taught me some and its top notch.

later i use impact stik to demonstrate and will be accused of "aggressive persuasion".

DGman
Back to top Go down
http://www.bigfishes.com
eiji
Course Marshal
Course Marshal

PostSubject: Re: hello   Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:26 am

alvin7379 wrote:
DGman wrote:

Aiyo... I must admit that I am so guilty of the above.... Crying or Very sad

Wah if you use ur core more, maybe u can drive 350m carry affraid

next time we play, please put hand.
Back to top Go down
http://www.idealparts.com.sg
mloy
Caddy
Caddy

PostSubject: Re: hello   Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:30 am

eiji wrote:

Wah if you use ur core more, maybe u can drive 350m carry affraid

next time we play, please put hand.

You mean pang chiu = let go hand or there is another meaning.

PostSubject: Re: hello   Today at 4:27 am

Back to top Go down

hello
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic :: Welcome to Golf Republic Forum :: Self Introduction-
Jump to:  
Friends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf Republic
Copyright © 2009 Golf Republic. All Rights Reserved.