Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.
 
HomeFAQCalendarRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 New Taylormade Burner Driver at Ebay..start bid is US$0.01 ...Is this a joke ??

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
r51069
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 78
Join date : 2010-02-02
Age : 46
Location : Singapore

PostSubject: New Taylormade Burner Driver at Ebay..start bid is US$0.01 ...Is this a joke ??   Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:24 pm

hi guys, any of u bought any golf stuffs from Ebay before?

http://cgi.ebay.com/TaylorMade-BURNER-DRIVER-REGULAR-HT-NEW-DONT-MISS_W0QQitemZ250607343443QQcmdZViewItemQQptZGolf_Clubs?hash=item3a595c9753
Back to top Go down
Yarra
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1043
Join date : 2010-03-01

PostSubject: Re: New Taylormade Burner Driver at Ebay..start bid is US$0.01 ...Is this a joke ??   Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:36 pm

I would be very careful buying from ebay. Got 2 fake heads and I stopped buying from ebay unless I know the seller well.
Back to top Go down
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 3375
Join date : 2009-10-16
Location : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: New Taylormade Burner Driver at Ebay..start bid is US$0.01 ...Is this a joke ??   Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:37 pm

Bro you must be new to auction at Ebay. A popular item price will go up till it reached satiation point where buyer will stop bidding. If the item is worth lets say $200, at near closing, it will be around that price. This is a world wide watch site and everyone will know whats the worth of the club. Thats why the seller dares to put it at 0.01 ct starting price. Ask some of our bidders here in GR. Even if the ending time is 3 am our time, they will stay up for the closing to see if they can have a chance to buy something cheap but usually that won't be the case.
Sad

titu
Back to top Go down
golfchowmk
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer


Posts : 636
Join date : 2009-06-24

PostSubject: Re: New Taylormade Burner Driver at Ebay..start bid is US$0.01 ...Is this a joke ??   Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:44 pm

Tituman wrote:
Bro you must be new to auction at Ebay. A popular item price will go up till it reached satiation point where buyer will stop bidding. If the item is worth lets say $200, at near closing, it will be around that price. This is a world wide watch site and everyone will know whats the worth of the club. Thats why the seller dares to put it at 0.01 ct starting price. Ask some of our bidders here in GR. Even if the ending time is 3 am our time, they will stay up for the closing to see if they can have a chance to buy something cheap but usually that won't be the case.
Sad

titu, you are right, sometime like (agong) stay at the middle of midnight just only to see wat is the result hehe stupid right. anyway wat you want & i think you wont bid for it, cos at the last min u will see so many bidder..
titu
Back to top Go down
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 3375
Join date : 2009-10-16
Location : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: New Taylormade Burner Driver at Ebay..start bid is US$0.01 ...Is this a joke ??   Wed Apr 07, 2010 4:00 pm

golfchowmk wrote:
Tituman wrote:
Bro you must be new to auction at Ebay. A popular item price will go up till it reached satiation point where buyer will stop bidding. If the item is worth lets say $200, at near closing, it will be around that price. This is a world wide watch site and everyone will know whats the worth of the club. Thats why the seller dares to put it at 0.01 ct starting price. Ask some of our bidders here in GR. Even if the ending time is 3 am our time, they will stay up for the closing to see if they can have a chance to buy something cheap but usually that won't be the case.
Sad

titu, you are right, sometime like (agong) stay at the middle of midnight just only to see wat is the result hehe stupid right. anyway wat you want & i think you wont bid for it, cos at the last min u will see so many bidder..
titu

I did that in the past too my friend in the hope of getting something cheap but fat hope ha ha. Usually at the end it is fighting by the tooth and nails, as the old saying goes kekeke. What a Face

titu
Back to top Go down
Yarra
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1043
Join date : 2010-03-01

PostSubject: Re: New Taylormade Burner Driver at Ebay..start bid is US$0.01 ...Is this a joke ??   Wed Apr 07, 2010 4:06 pm

Unless the seller has too many things to get rid of... You can always contact this kind of seller and ask him to take it off the auction list for a price.
Back to top Go down
tronos
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1121
Join date : 2009-06-21

PostSubject: Re: New Taylormade Burner Driver at Ebay..start bid is US$0.01 ...Is this a joke ??   Wed Apr 07, 2010 6:17 pm

LOL trust me, the price will go up 100000% in the last 1 hr.

Especially for bigger sellers like 3balls, whose auction ends at the same period everyday (about 7-9am SG timing, just nice for me..wake up, sit in front of PC, bid till the end, shower.......makan breakfast then go office...), there are many ppl camping for last minute bids. However sometimes u can get 'good' deals as one or two auctions will slip by the bidders (whom may be busy trying to get another more popular item ending at the same timing)
Back to top Go down
PXMAN
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 15
Join date : 2009-09-15

PostSubject: Re: New Taylormade Burner Driver at Ebay..start bid is US$0.01 ...Is this a joke ??   Wed Apr 07, 2010 6:34 pm

If you observe closely, the price always shoot up in the closing hour. I knew for fact that some of the bidders That appear in the closing minutes in fact could be the seller himself (seller could hv maintain a few eBay a/c with diff name or using friends'). This is how the seller could "boost-up" the bid price when the last bidded price stil not up to the mark he's willing to let go when closing is approaches. The most is, this seller will "buy back" his own item if he's the eventual winner (when no one willing to out-bid him). That's why you may at times observe similar item being re-list after bidding is closed.

Don't under-estimate what some of these guys on eBay are capable of, when u actually think they're juz sincerely trying to "clean up their store-room"! Having said so, there are of course some genuine seller la...
Back to top Go down
agnes chung
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer


Posts : 108
Join date : 2010-01-25
Age : 44
Location : Manila, Philippines

PostSubject: Re: New Taylormade Burner Driver at Ebay..start bid is US$0.01 ...Is this a joke ??   Wed Apr 07, 2010 6:53 pm

thats the game of biding... honestly I'm a big fan of Ebay....well sometimes it's luck, but the trick is... bid on the last 5 mins. so that bid will not jack up too high.
Back to top Go down
http://agneschung.blogspot.com/
Batman
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer


Posts : 788
Join date : 2010-04-20
Location : North 'Gotham City'

PostSubject: Re: New Taylormade Burner Driver at Ebay..start bid is US$0.01 ...Is this a joke ??   Sat Apr 24, 2010 11:04 pm

i guess end of the day the main question should be: is the items is still genuine?

for those tat's bidded and won before, is the item truely 101% real? or just some A-class look-alike and after a few swing, the club broke etc?
Back to top Go down
vcrpex
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 64
Join date : 2010-02-23

PostSubject: Re: New Taylormade Burner Driver at Ebay..start bid is US$0.01 ...Is this a joke ??   Sat Apr 24, 2010 11:28 pm

Batman wrote:
i guess end of the day the main question should be: is the items is still genuine?

for those tat's bidded and won before, is the item truely 101% real? or just some A-class look-alike and after a few swing, the club broke etc?

it depends on your luck. but the point of going to Ebay or buying from forum is that we want to find something at a good price or something that we cant find in sg. there is always a risk in buying anything. Caveat Emptor.

but for the hot items, sometimes it is better u buy off a website that has a fixed price, else after all the bidding, it might be similar to the price as well.
Back to top Go down
ironstarz
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer


Posts : 508
Join date : 2010-02-14
Age : 32

PostSubject: Re: New Taylormade Burner Driver at Ebay..start bid is US$0.01 ...Is this a joke ??   Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:00 am

It will be good to arrange to meet buyer / seller ( if local) at some place where you guys can authenticate the clubs, my friend 2 days ago just bought a fake X-22 already, and boy it does look real, even tho i have a set of X-22 , i can't spot the difference until i asked around.
Back to top Go down
vcrpex
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 64
Join date : 2010-02-23

PostSubject: Re: New Taylormade Burner Driver at Ebay..start bid is US$0.01 ...Is this a joke ??   Sun Apr 25, 2010 12:19 pm

yup. agreed with what ironstarz have said. but for overseas buying, it is just taking a chance. i took a few chances before.

so ironstarz how does your friend's club hit? was it much heavier or the clubhead will fly out as what some say about the fake club? just trying to get real feedback on how the fake clubs will be. Used clone club before myself, so far nothing happen for my club. just that the sound is abit distinctive for the 5 wood. but guess my level i cant really feel the difference between playing real or fake club.
Back to top Go down
tronos
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1121
Join date : 2009-06-21

PostSubject: Re: New Taylormade Burner Driver at Ebay..start bid is US$0.01 ...Is this a joke ??   Sun Apr 25, 2010 1:01 pm

how much difference will a fake club make with casted irons with steel shafts?

- just curious how many rejects are from plating rejects (my previous work, it can be from 1% up to 5%. on cosmetic sensitive items, can be up to 10%). The function of the item is good, just poor plating (no good for durability though)
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer


Posts : 8185
Join date : 2009-06-19

PostSubject: Re: New Taylormade Burner Driver at Ebay..start bid is US$0.01 ...Is this a joke ??   Sun Apr 25, 2010 1:39 pm

good things are seldom cheap......cheap things are seldom good.....
Back to top Go down
ParTee
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 83
Join date : 2010-03-24
Location : Upper Thomson Forested Enclave

PostSubject: Re: New Taylormade Burner Driver at Ebay..start bid is US$0.01 ...Is this a joke ??   Sun Apr 25, 2010 3:24 pm

Hi guys..I realized eBay do allow selling of
fake items/equipment??
This morning.. I went to the eBay site to
lookaround for a Scotty Cameron Newport 2
putter..and saw a Sg seller offering a 'Proto
type/replica' Newport 2 at only $85.50 last
sucessful biding price! It looks so real from
the picture displayed and was brand new with
SC 3 dot head cover. I was so tempted to
bid at $86/-..but just did not feel right to buy
something you know is not genuine..but at this
price maybe quite ok to just buy it and make
a comparison with the real thing!!
Back to top Go down
Batman
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer


Posts : 788
Join date : 2010-04-20
Location : North 'Gotham City'

PostSubject: Re: New Taylormade Burner Driver at Ebay..start bid is US$0.01 ...Is this a joke ??   Sun Apr 25, 2010 5:01 pm

ironstarz wrote:
It will be good to arrange to meet buyer / seller ( if local) at some place where you guys can authenticate the clubs, my friend 2 days ago just bought a fake X-22 already, and boy it does look real, even tho i have a set of X-22 , i can't spot the difference until i asked around.

speaking of which, what was the difference that gave it away? care to elaborate?
was it just 1 club of the whole set of irons?

cos there's this set selling on ebay that i maybe keen to bid:
http://cgi.ebay.com/CALLAWAY-GOLF-X-22-X22-IRON-SET-5-PW-STEEL-UNIFLEX-/380227423797?cmd=ViewItem&pt=Golf_Clubs&hash=item5887520e35

of cos if the ending price is not much diff from SG, then i'd rather buy in SG.
Back to top Go down
ghoonk
Honorary Landscaper
Honorary Landscaper


Posts : 2414
Join date : 2009-12-16
Age : 43
Location : Dubai / Singapore

PostSubject: Re: New Taylormade Burner Driver at Ebay..start bid is US$0.01 ...Is this a joke ??   Sun Apr 25, 2010 5:41 pm

eBay takes a very dim view of fakes and replicas, and they do clamp down on sellers who breach this policy. That said, there are many items that are allegedly tour issue, but you should know your stuff and know when to exercise caution.

Was looking at a couple of 'tour issued' Adams 9032LS heads on eBay yesterday (one of them being a 4.5deg lofted driver) but noticed that the paint break that indicates an Adams tour-issued driver was not present. The tour issued 9016D I have in my bag now has a paint break, as does another tour-issued 9016D that I've acquired and is on route to Dubai. This 9032LS didn't have a paint break, so I decided to pass on the bid since there was no way to be sure.

as someone mentioned earlier, better to be safe than sorry, and when i doubt, let it go.
Back to top Go down
ironstarz
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer


Posts : 508
Join date : 2010-02-14
Age : 32

PostSubject: Re: New Taylormade Burner Driver at Ebay..start bid is US$0.01 ...Is this a joke ??   Sun Apr 25, 2010 6:15 pm

vcrpex wrote:
yup. agreed with what ironstarz have said. but for overseas buying, it is just taking a chance. i took a few chances before.

so ironstarz how does your friend's club hit? was it much heavier or the clubhead will fly out as what some say about the fake club? just trying to get real feedback on how the fake clubs will be. Used clone club before myself, so far nothing happen for my club. just that the sound is abit distinctive for the 5 wood. but guess my level i cant really feel the difference between playing real or fake club.

The fakes is heavier. Picture this , my original X-22 with steel shaft is abt 420+ grams, but when we check the fake with a 75grams graphite shaft, it is much more heavier. i did not have a chance to hit the fake as we returned to the seller already
Back to top Go down
ironstarz
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer


Posts : 508
Join date : 2010-02-14
Age : 32

PostSubject: Re: New Taylormade Burner Driver at Ebay..start bid is US$0.01 ...Is this a joke ??   Sun Apr 25, 2010 6:19 pm

Batman wrote:
ironstarz wrote:
It will be good to arrange to meet buyer / seller ( if local) at some place where you guys can authenticate the clubs, my friend 2 days ago just bought a fake X-22 already, and boy it does look real, even tho i have a set of X-22 , i can't spot the difference until i asked around.

speaking of which, what was the difference that gave it away? care to elaborate?
was it just 1 club of the whole set of irons?

cos there's this set selling on ebay that i maybe keen to bid:
http://cgi.ebay.com/CALLAWAY-GOLF-X-22-X22-IRON-SET-5-PW-STEEL-UNIFLEX-/380227423797?cmd=ViewItem&pt=Golf_Clubs&hash=item5887520e35

of cos if the ending price is not much diff from SG, then i'd rather buy in SG.

My friend got an iron set

i am not an expert, but after checking with the shop.

1. Shape - Fake tends to be a bit bigger as they use a mould to create the iron head

2. Numbering - Fake is smaller - same due to mould

3. Color- come closes but if compared side with an original you notice the color different ( at least for my friend and mine)

4. Print on the club X is different

5. Dead Giveaway - weight.


P.S these sets of clubs came from USA as well. So pls beware. The club look great with serial number on Iron 8 only as well like the original and also they have hologram stickers which make it look kinda good.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: New Taylormade Burner Driver at Ebay..start bid is US$0.01 ...Is this a joke ??   Today at 6:11 pm

Back to top Go down
 
New Taylormade Burner Driver at Ebay..start bid is US$0.01 ...Is this a joke ??
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» New Taylormade Burner Driver at Ebay..start bid is US$0.01 ...Is this a joke ??
» TaylorMade Burner '09, Tour Burner or R9
» Shaft Recommendation for TM Superfast Burner Driver
» Taylormade Burner HT
» Taylormade Burner Superfast 2.0 TP Driver for Sale

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic :: The Clubhouse :: Golf Talk-
Jump to:  
Friends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf Republic
Copyright © 2009 Golf Republic. All Rights Reserved.