Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeFAQCalendarRegisterLog in

Share | 

Things getting bad to badder for Tiger

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Things getting bad to badder for Tiger   Sat May 01, 2010 12:57 pm

Yesterday....while KLKK at suntech....just realized the TW's poster at Golf house has been replaced.......anyways, while look see look see for the summer collection at the nike section.....

ALAMAK.....even TW's collection also no have anymore.....you know the one with the TW metal tag on the sleeve.....

THEN...today, Tiger missed CUT....wah piang.......bad to badder...

Hope things take a turn for the better soon....
Back to top Go down
Taiko
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Things getting bad to badder for Tiger   Sat May 01, 2010 7:17 pm

Aye, things will only get better for him. Once you hit the bottom, the only way forward is up.

Just a matter of when.
Back to top Go down
yapeeguy
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Things getting bad to badder for Tiger   Sat May 01, 2010 8:24 pm

Was so eager to see Tiger again after Masters, hopefully he will do better in Quail Hollow Championship. Round 1 @ +2. Last night recorded Round 2, after my usual sat golf game happily come back and watch my recording. Half way after first 9 give up and look at total score, Wah Pian fall off the chair. No

Really hope he will come back again!
Back to top Go down
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Things getting bad to badder for Tiger   Mon May 03, 2010 6:10 am

have faith...

he will get there eventually...

btw the young irish boy got damn hot. managed to edge out the steady pun pee pee lefty... i just watched this highlights of his shots on pgatour.com. either damn skill or damn lucky...
Back to top Go down
chocoman
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Things getting bad to badder for Tiger   Wed May 05, 2010 9:57 am

miss cut is normal la....

he is human.
Back to top Go down
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Things getting bad to badder for Tiger   Wed May 05, 2010 1:03 pm

ha nor...
Back to top Go down
poker
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Things getting bad to badder for Tiger   Wed May 05, 2010 1:08 pm

sure hope he comes bk strong @ TPC. so much more interesting when he is arnd on a sunday together w/ phil, els, and rory.
Back to top Go down
Lizardman
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Things getting bad to badder for Tiger   Wed May 05, 2010 1:35 pm

Insightful interview with the man on yesterday's Guardian.co. More interesting is the end of the article where he knowledges there's hot competition from the rising stars. Come on Tiger! Show these kids who's king!

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2010/may/04/tiger-woods-pressure-players-championship

Tiger Woods admits off-course pressures are affecting his game

• Woods says return has been more taxing than last year's
• May lose top spot in rankings after Players Championship
guardian.co.uk, Tuesday 4 May 2010 20.47 BST

Tiger Woods has admitted that he is at a low ebb as he prepares for this week's Players Championship, at £6.2m golf's richest event. Four days after crashing to a 79 and missing the cut at Quail Hollow by eight shots, Woods looked and sounded thoroughly down as he prepares for the event.
Amid reports his wife is seeking a divorce over the sex scandal that broke five months ago, the world No1 admitted his emotions are having an impact on his golf. Woods, who has Ian Poulter as one of his two partners in the opening two rounds at Sawgrass, could lose top spot in the rankings to Phil Mickelson if he is outside the first five on Sunday. "I've had two different low moments," he said. "Obviously what I'm going through now and then my father's death."
This is the third event of his comeback. In the first Woods managed what many considered, given the circumstances, a brilliant fourth place in the Masters, but last week was arguably the worst of his career. Invited to compare this return to golf to last year after an eight-month injury lay-off he said: "This is more taxing certainly away from the golf course with paparazzi following me and all those kind of things. I didn't have the distractions getting ready for events. You know, helicopters don't normally fly over you on the range and kind of hover and film you. That wasn't the case then, but that's the case now."
When asked whether he was angry or surprised about the Sports Illustrated article in which nearly a quarter of players polled said they thought he had taken performance-enhancing drugs he answered: "After what's happened in my life? Well, I haven't taken it. I've never taken performance-enhancing drugs, never taken HGH [human growth hormone], never taken any of that stuff. But everyone is entitled to their opinion."
Woods was similarly categorical in denying reports that he could be parting ways with coach Hank Haney. "I'm still working with him," he said.
After his disappointing display last week Woods is only joint-favourite with Mickelson for the Players Championship, something William Hill does not recall happening since the 1997 Masters.
Rory McIlroy, meanwhile, is third favourite after closing rounds of 66 and 62 helped him to win his first US Tour title at Quail Hollow. Woods is as impressed as anyone by the Ulsterman, who turned 21 today. "Rory hits it past me. I shrimp it out there now," he said after also praising 18-year-old Ryo Ishikawa for his 58 in Japan on Sunday.
"I think it's how the game has evolved. With the advent of technology these kids are able to view their swings via a camera and make improvements so much faster and earlier. Their golf swings are so much better at an earlier age, even from when I grew up."
Back to top Go down
TNRM
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Things getting bad to badder for Tiger   Wed May 05, 2010 1:50 pm

Am I the only one who doesn't really want to watch Tiger on Sunday? Yes, Tiger's the man.... but the game has got greater depth than that and I'm really looking forward to the likes of Irish Rory, Ricky Fowler and for that matter, Tom Watson/Freddy Couples lighting it up for their time in the limelight.
Back to top Go down
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Things getting bad to badder for Tiger   Wed May 05, 2010 2:16 pm

TNRM... u are not the only one... i am rooting for tiger no matter what....

i am still looking for that pub who opens till dawn and with golf channel playing on the big screen....
Back to top Go down
TNRM
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Things getting bad to badder for Tiger   Wed May 05, 2010 2:23 pm

Muar Chee: *Off-Topic* I don't think there's a place we can all gather to watch golf 'Live" and have nice drinks and finger food. Looks like I'll be by myself when the final round rolls around for The PLayers Championship Final Round on Monday morning at 3 am.
Back to top Go down
poker
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Things getting bad to badder for Tiger   Wed May 05, 2010 3:45 pm

*sigh* tiger looks flat and not motivated during his intervw this
morning.
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Things getting bad to badder for Tiger   Wed May 05, 2010 3:47 pm

Do not push the cat to a corner....the cat will bite back.....

TIGER........just do it....US Open....here he comes
Back to top Go down
Lizardman
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Things getting bad to badder for Tiger   Wed May 05, 2010 6:00 pm

TNRM wrote:
Yes, Tiger's the man.... but the game has got greater depth than that and I'm really looking forward to the likes of Irish Rory, Ricky Fowler and for that matter, Tom Watson/Freddy Couples lighting it up for their time in the limelight.

Definitely. I think it's exciting that new faces are appearing in the scene.

However I'm just a sucker for these comeback kid stories in sports. Still remember Michael Jordan's return to NBA, Baggio's return to the penalty spot after USA'94, Ronaldo's golden boot performance in 2002 after France 98. I believe real champions are those who can get up after a fall.

COME ON TIGER!
Back to top Go down
Lizardman
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Things getting bad to badder for Tiger   Wed May 05, 2010 6:02 pm

Duval_S wrote:
Do not push the cat to a corner....the cat will bite back.....

Har? Not dog meh?
Back to top Go down
TNRM
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Things getting bad to badder for Tiger   Wed May 05, 2010 7:21 pm

Gekko: Genuine Combacks - Lance Armstrong (metastacised carcinoma), Roberto Baggio (demons from a missed penalty), Jack Nicholas/Tom Watson (geriatric syndrome) etc etc.

Non-genuine Combacks - Tiger Woods (121 known shags).

How can you even compare Tiger with the previous (and more which I have missed) real combacks?
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Things getting bad to badder for Tiger   Wed May 05, 2010 10:24 pm

Quote :
TNRM wrote:
Gekko: Genuine Combacks - Lance Armstrong (metastacised carcinoma), Roberto Baggio (demons from a missed penalty), Jack Nicholas/Tom Watson (geriatric syndrome) etc etc.

Non-genuine Combacks - Tiger Woods (121 known shags).

How can you even compare Tiger with the previous (and more which I have missed) real combacks?

OK lah.....In comparison to the ones you mentioned, yeap a little pale in comparison....but after 5 months lay off....Tiger can still be considered as comeback lah...just not that comeback as compared to the ones you mentioned.

PS: wat the heck....every month I considered myself on comeback trail..coz play approx once a month only...hahahahah Peace
Back to top Go down
HyBriD
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Things getting bad to badder for Tiger   Sat May 08, 2010 10:40 am

TW will surely come back.
I am he will overcome his "rust"
Back to top Go down
http://facebook.com/pnchung
Itsuki
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Things getting bad to badder for Tiger   Sun May 09, 2010 9:56 pm

despite what has happened in his personal life, i still enjoy seeing Tiger play. unlike some of the players that control their emotions, Tiger makes the game more real and personal.. i can sense the frustrations of bad shots and the thrills of the better ones... in short, seeing him play is more interesting... my support will always be for the tiger!! cheers
Back to top Go down
Victor3112
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Things getting bad to badder for Tiger   Mon May 10, 2010 12:23 am

Yah! You thought how bad can it be? Then.... just read TW withdrew from the game after 6 hole minutes ago due to neck injury. That is sad...
Back to top Go down
Itsuki
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Things getting bad to badder for Tiger   Mon May 10, 2010 9:05 am

maybe he should go see a fengshui master and change his luck... things just not going his way 09/10... he is a phenomenal player.. I firmly believe golf will never be the same without him... well, at least for me la.. Laughing
Back to top Go down
tronos
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Things getting bad to badder for Tiger   Mon May 10, 2010 11:21 am

the old sports questions...is sex before sports good or bad? guess we know in Tiger's case which is the correct answer...
Back to top Go down
TLHENG
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Things getting bad to badder for Tiger   Mon May 10, 2010 11:23 am

Lack of practice on the 19th hole affects his play for the first 18 holes.
Back to top Go down
Lizardman
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Things getting bad to badder for Tiger   Mon May 10, 2010 1:50 pm

Tiger must start playing his birdie again.

err... I mean golf birdie.
Back to top Go down
Itsuki
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Things getting bad to badder for Tiger   Mon May 10, 2010 3:05 pm

TLHENG wrote:
Lack of practice on the 19th hole affects his play for the first 18 holes.

haa... Laughing good one, dude...

well, for the sake of all, i hope TW;s game will come back sooner than later...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Things getting bad to badder for Tiger   Today at 9:45 pm

Back to top Go down

Things getting bad to badder for Tiger
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next