Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.
 
HomeFAQCalendarRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Getting a Golf PC in Singapore

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
roger79
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 5
Join date : 2009-12-08

PostSubject: Re: Getting a Golf PC in Singapore   Tue Jun 22, 2010 1:58 pm

aural wrote:
roger79 wrote:
aural wrote:
roger79 wrote:
Juz got my PC from MGK @ OCC a few days back....for e sake of getting my hcp. Basically, its pay alot of $$$ n get a piece of paper for me Sad

Rules & etiquette workshop and practical swing test ard $65.
PC card ard $40 (valid for a yr)

Test is hit 3balls each at 50m, 100m and 150m (use any club also can) .. No need to zun zun achieve e distance, as long as the ball airborne almost there ok liao...

It takes only 1.5hrs to complete everything. The workshop is held once every 2 weeks.

U need to spend ard $110 just to get a stupid PC... but e good thing is u can play in OCC wkdays and MBGC.

Hope e info helps Very Happy

Only this ar... no going to the course?

Nope.... Pay $45 and hit 9balls for the golf pro to see Shocked

Like tt i lucky, PC test is part of my course package. But according to my coach, need to go to greens one leh. hmm Thursday i ask.

Juz to let u know...not all PC is recognized by MBGC n OCC... All the ones issued by clubs are recognized by MBGC i think..

I also got a PC from bukit batok golf academy (went to EGC to test somemore) but its kinda useless... Crying or Very sad

cheers
Back to top Go down
aural
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer


Posts : 319
Join date : 2010-04-12
Age : 38
Location : Toa Payoh

PostSubject: Re: Getting a Golf PC in Singapore   Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:06 pm

Shld be ok for me since I'm taking lessons and pc at mbgc. Alitle excited. In 2 weeks time can go for pc test.
Back to top Go down
civicxtreme
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 19
Join date : 2010-03-29

PostSubject: Re: Getting a Golf PC in Singapore   Tue Jun 22, 2010 5:55 pm

roger79 wrote:
aural wrote:
roger79 wrote:
aural wrote:
roger79 wrote:
Juz got my PC from MGK @ OCC a few days back....for e sake of getting my hcp. Basically, its pay alot of $$$ n get a piece of paper for me Sad

Rules & etiquette workshop and practical swing test ard $65.
PC card ard $40 (valid for a yr)

Test is hit 3balls each at 50m, 100m and 150m (use any club also can) .. No need to zun zun achieve e distance, as long as the ball airborne almost there ok liao...

It takes only 1.5hrs to complete everything. The workshop is held once every 2 weeks.

U need to spend ard $110 just to get a stupid PC... but e good thing is u can play in OCC wkdays and MBGC.

Hope e info helps Very Happy

Only this ar... no going to the course?


Nope.... Pay $45 and hit 9balls for the golf pro to see Shocked

Like tt i lucky, PC test is part of my course package. But according to my coach, need to go to greens one leh. hmm Thursday i ask.

Juz to let u know...not all PC is recognized by MBGC n OCC... All the ones issued by clubs are recognized by MBGC i think..

I also got a PC from bukit batok golf academy (went to EGC to test somemore) but its kinda useless... Crying or Very sad

cheers

Hahahaha......me also from bukit batok and i have to agree with your statement. Razz
Back to top Go down
weesern
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1594
Join date : 2009-06-21

PostSubject: Re: Getting a Golf PC in Singapore   Tue Jun 22, 2010 6:38 pm

NSRCC only recognise their own PC...
Back to top Go down
lemons
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 4
Join date : 2010-07-31

PostSubject: Re: Getting a Golf PC in Singapore   Sat Dec 18, 2010 8:00 pm

How do I go about getting a hcp in johor eg Palm Resort? Just call? Any recommendations?
I Just finish my course and want to get it done soon.
Back to top Go down
laybeedlang
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer


Posts : 140
Join date : 2010-01-20
Age : 41
Location : Jurong West

PostSubject: Re: Getting a Golf PC in Singapore   Sat Dec 18, 2010 8:25 pm

you can try Palm Villa, call them to book courtesy round, costs about RM200+ not including green fees.
Back to top Go down
charlestanbl
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer


Posts : 238
Join date : 2010-04-05
Location : Hougang

PostSubject: Re: Getting a Golf PC in Singapore   Sat Dec 18, 2010 8:35 pm

you can also try Stargolf at MBGC. My friends took his PC there. He also can play golf there with the PC.
Back to top Go down
weesern
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1594
Join date : 2009-06-21

PostSubject: Re: Getting a Golf PC in Singapore   Sat Dec 18, 2010 10:06 pm

laybeedlang wrote:
you can try Palm Villa, call them to book courtesy round, costs about RM200+ not including green fees.

That's for hcp or pc?
Back to top Go down
laybeedlang
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer


Posts : 140
Join date : 2010-01-20
Age : 41
Location : Jurong West

PostSubject: Re: Getting a Golf PC in Singapore   Sat Dec 18, 2010 11:31 pm

They will issue you with the MGA official handicap. M'sia got no PC one
Back to top Go down
cristel
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1214
Join date : 2010-07-10
Age : 31
Location : ::nowhere::

PostSubject: Re: Getting a Golf PC in Singapore   Sun Dec 19, 2010 1:50 am

laybeedlang wrote:
They will issue you with the MGA official handicap. M'sia got no PC one

does the hcp recognised in singapore??
Back to top Go down
Batman
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer


Posts : 788
Join date : 2010-04-20
Location : North 'Gotham City'

PostSubject: Re: Getting a Golf PC in Singapore   Sun Dec 19, 2010 9:18 am

Yes. Cos MGA recognizes it n so will SGA. However should your plan is to get from M'sia then transfer to SG, say for eg MGK, then it's better to double check with MGK. Alternatively u can consider local associations like Golf Allianze or any others to get ur hcp.

End of e day, u must knw which club u wanna maintain ur hcp with n why u maintain w them. For me I have have MGK cos can play OCC at good rates.
Back to top Go down
lemons
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 4
Join date : 2010-07-31

PostSubject: Re: Getting a Golf PC in Singapore   Sun Dec 19, 2010 10:42 pm

laybeedlang wrote:
you can try Palm Villa, call them to book courtesy round, costs about RM200+ not including green fees.

Thanks for the tip! Any specific person I should be look for for the hcp in palm villa? How much will it cost yearly to be maintained by the club?
Back to top Go down
laybeedlang
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer


Posts : 140
Join date : 2010-01-20
Age : 41
Location : Jurong West

PostSubject: Re: Getting a Golf PC in Singapore   Sun Dec 19, 2010 11:08 pm

You can call the golf reception to book. The pro there is called Suresh, that's if he's still there. He will answer most of your questions and tell you the requirements. As for maintenance of hcp, I suggest you transfer back to SG as MGA hcp is issued monthly and is troublesome to get it from PV every month. This is the way I've done for my hcp, others may have done it differently. So ask around lor Smile
Back to top Go down
lemons
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 4
Join date : 2010-07-31

PostSubject: Re: Getting a Golf PC in Singapore   Sun Dec 19, 2010 11:56 pm

Thanks ! Do I need to buy a club membership to get the handicap?
Back to top Go down
laybeedlang
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer


Posts : 140
Join date : 2010-01-20
Age : 41
Location : Jurong West

PostSubject: Re: Getting a Golf PC in Singapore   Mon Dec 20, 2010 7:14 am

Nope there is no need
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Getting a Golf PC in Singapore   Today at 3:48 pm

Back to top Go down
 
Getting a Golf PC in Singapore
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2
 Similar topics
-
» where can i try ADAMS GOLF irons in singapore?
» Getting a Golf PC in Singapore
» golf shopping in singapore
» Requirements to be a golf coach in Singapore?
» Finally in Singapore- keen to join u guys at weekly mbgc range & to find kakis for weekend golf!!

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic :: The Clubhouse :: Golf Talk-
Jump to:  
Friends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf Republic
Copyright © 2009 Golf Republic. All Rights Reserved.