Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.
 
HomeFAQCalendarRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 How do I hit the ball closer to the pin?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
darenlim
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer


Posts : 426
Join date : 2010-03-17

PostSubject: Re: How do I hit the ball closer to the pin?   Wed May 26, 2010 6:28 pm

tronos wrote:
which one is supposed to be easier and better from 60m out?

- full shot with 60 degree wedge
- 3/4 with the 52 degree wedge

read that 3/4 supposed to be better but i find it easier to hit a full 60 degree (ball also stop near the spot it lands) cause i seldom practice 3/4 shots

my full shot is not exactly full....more like 80-90% of a full turn

I never hit full shots when I am below 120m.
For a distance of 60m, it will always be a shot where I can control the spin and predict the reaction of the ball.
I hope this answers your question.
Back to top Go down
mizzy
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 2702
Join date : 2009-12-11
Location : golf club graveyard

PostSubject: Re: How do I hit the ball closer to the pin?   Wed May 26, 2010 6:38 pm

Tituman wrote:
mizzy wrote:
Titu,

Thanks. you are swee! I am a coconut man. so I will ketook you 1 coconut Smile and blanjah you beer.

but i'm not playing the anniversary game Sad

Sure, no problem bro. Wish could meet up with you and have a game with you in the future. Anytime when you are able to play weekday golf, just shout for me. I will be with you in a jiffy okie??? Beer

Titu

anytime weekday golf? i envy you bro.
Back to top Go down
Winston
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1723
Join date : 2009-08-18
Age : 42
Location : 19th Hole

PostSubject: Re: How do I hit the ball closer to the pin?   Wed May 26, 2010 7:13 pm

darenlim wrote:

The advantage of working the ball left right
- ball lands softly as compare to right to left
this is visible when you hit a longer iron for eg. 5/4/3 the ball normally lands and run for right to left.
It is difficult to keep your ball on the green when the ball has too much action.
- easier to control distance
- able to create more spin and stop the ball faster (with this you are able to attack difficult pin positions)
- i am able to contain my misses when I have a bad shot.

being able to recognize your bad shots is a strength as you will be able to predict your misses.
with that in mind you can plan your shots before execution.

Hi Daren,

Thanks plenty. Really really informative. Very much appreciated. Beer

I have copied your stats sheet but I have modified it slightly so that I can use it to be more detailed. Will be putting it to use for my game next week.

If you ever come up to Vietnam, PM me. can meet up, not only for golf....hihihiihiih Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
darenlim
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer


Posts : 426
Join date : 2010-03-17

PostSubject: Re: How do I hit the ball closer to the pin?   Wed May 26, 2010 8:16 pm

Winston wrote:
darenlim wrote:

The advantage of working the ball left right
- ball lands softly as compare to right to left
this is visible when you hit a longer iron for eg. 5/4/3 the ball normally lands and run for right to left.
It is difficult to keep your ball on the green when the ball has too much action.
- easier to control distance
- able to create more spin and stop the ball faster (with this you are able to attack difficult pin positions)
- i am able to contain my misses when I have a bad shot.

being able to recognize your bad shots is a strength as you will be able to predict your misses.
with that in mind you can plan your shots before execution.

Hi Daren,

Thanks plenty. Really really informative. Very much appreciated. Beer

I have copied your stats sheet but I have modified it slightly so that I can use it to be more detailed. Will be putting it to use for my game next week.

If you ever come up to Vietnam, PM me. can meet up, not only for golf....hihihiihiih Twisted Evil

Happy to hear that you are doing your stats.
Do you mind emailing me your edited version, would like to adopt it if applicable Smile

Yes, we can meet up in Vietnam for all activities.
Back to top Go down
Winston
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1723
Join date : 2009-08-18
Age : 42
Location : 19th Hole

PostSubject: Re: How do I hit the ball closer to the pin?   Wed May 26, 2010 8:51 pm

darenlim wrote:
Happy to hear that you are doing your stats.
Do you mind emailing me your edited version, would like to adopt it if applicable Smile

Yes, we can meet up in Vietnam for all activities.

Hi Daren,

Sure. will do. Once I play my game next week, and I fill it up, will PM you for your email and send it to you.
Back to top Go down
darenlim
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer


Posts : 426
Join date : 2010-03-17

PostSubject: Re: How do I hit the ball closer to the pin?   Wed May 26, 2010 9:07 pm

Winston wrote:
darenlim wrote:
Happy to hear that you are doing your stats.
Do you mind emailing me your edited version, would like to adopt it if applicable Smile

Yes, we can meet up in Vietnam for all activities.

Hi Daren,

Sure. will do. Once I play my game next week, and I fill it up, will PM you for your email and send it to you.

Will be looking forward to it Smile
Back to top Go down
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 3375
Join date : 2009-10-16
Location : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: How do I hit the ball closer to the pin?   Wed May 26, 2010 10:06 pm

daveaha wrote:
Tituman wrote:
mizzy wrote:
Titu,

Thanks. you are swee! I am a coconut man. so I will ketook you 1 coconut Smile and blanjah you beer.

but i'm not playing the anniversary game Sad

Sure, no problem bro. Wish could meet up with you and have a game with you in the future. Anytime when you are able to play weekday golf, just shout for me. I will be with you in a jiffy okie??? Beer

Titu

Becareful of Mizzy wood play. hehe.

I like kekekekke...

titu
Back to top Go down
zhenxua
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 4638
Join date : 2010-02-11

PostSubject: Re: How do I hit the ball closer to the pin?   Wed May 26, 2010 11:04 pm

sigh ... i'm still asking how to hit the ball closer to the green, sad
Back to top Go down
daveaha
Course Marshal
Course Marshal


Posts : 3179
Join date : 2009-06-22
Age : 40
Location : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: How do I hit the ball closer to the pin?   Thu May 27, 2010 8:26 am

zhenxua wrote:
sigh ... i'm still asking how to hit the ball closer to the green, sad

Buaya... you always outdrive your flightmates.. kekekekek
Back to top Go down
http://www.nufc.sg
blee67
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer


Posts : 5410
Join date : 2009-12-05
Location : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: How do I hit the ball closer to the pin?   Thu May 27, 2010 10:00 am

Tituman wrote:
daveaha wrote:
Tituman wrote:
mizzy wrote:
Titu,

Thanks. you are swee! I am a coconut man. so I will ketook you 1 coconut Smile and blanjah you beer.

but i'm not playing the anniversary game Sad

Sure, no problem bro. Wish could meet up with you and have a game with you in the future. Anytime when you are able to play weekday golf, just shout for me. I will be with you in a jiffy okie??? Beer

Titu

Becareful of Mizzy wood play. hehe.

I like kekekekke...

titu

Titu, Be careful of his iron play and par 3s.. he birdie king on par 3 ones.. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
blee67
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer


Posts : 5410
Join date : 2009-12-05
Location : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: How do I hit the ball closer to the pin?   Thu May 27, 2010 10:02 am

daveaha wrote:
zhenxua wrote:
sigh ... i'm still asking how to hit the ball closer to the green, sad

Buaya... you always outdrive your flightmates.. kekekekek

He even outdrive others using his other clubs too.. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer


Posts : 8185
Join date : 2009-06-19

PostSubject: Re: How do I hit the ball closer to the pin?   Thu May 27, 2010 10:27 am

Quote :
blee2007 wrote:
daveaha wrote:
zhenxua wrote:
sigh ... i'm still asking how to hit the ball closer to the green, sad

Buaya... you always outdrive your flightmates.. kekekekek

He even outdrive others using his other clubs too.. Very Happy



wah.....must go and shake hand with this proven golfer......

My only chance of ourdriving anybody is at putting.......sighhh
Back to top Go down
daveaha
Course Marshal
Course Marshal


Posts : 3179
Join date : 2009-06-22
Age : 40
Location : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: How do I hit the ball closer to the pin?   Thu May 27, 2010 11:24 am

Duval_S wrote:
Quote :
blee2007 wrote:
daveaha wrote:
zhenxua wrote:
sigh ... i'm still asking how to hit the ball closer to the green, sad

Buaya... you always outdrive your flightmates.. kekekekek

He even outdrive others using his other clubs too.. Very Happy



wah.....must go and shake hand with this proven golfer......

My only chance of ourdriving anybody is at putting.......sighhh


Bro duval, u got MGK or not ?
Back to top Go down
http://www.nufc.sg
blee67
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer


Posts : 5410
Join date : 2009-12-05
Location : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: How do I hit the ball closer to the pin?   Thu May 27, 2010 11:26 am

Duval_S wrote:
Quote :
blee2007 wrote:
daveaha wrote:
zhenxua wrote:
sigh ... i'm still asking how to hit the ball closer to the green, sad

Buaya... you always outdrive your flightmates.. kekekekek

He even outdrive others using his other clubs too.. Very Happy



wah.....must go and shake hand with this proven golfer......

My only chance of ourdriving anybody is at putting.......sighhh

Alamak.. at putting he outdrive us too.. lol!
Back to top Go down
mizzy
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 2702
Join date : 2009-12-11
Location : golf club graveyard

PostSubject: Re: How do I hit the ball closer to the pin?   Thu May 27, 2010 11:34 am

blee2007 wrote:
daveaha wrote:
zhenxua wrote:
sigh ... i'm still asking how to hit the ball closer to the green, sad

Buaya... you always outdrive your flightmates.. kekekekek

He even outdrive others using his other clubs too.. Very Happy

par 3s to him is like a sand wedge shot.. hahahah What a Face
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer


Posts : 8185
Join date : 2009-06-19

PostSubject: Re: How do I hit the ball closer to the pin?   Thu May 27, 2010 11:36 am

wah.......definitely on the day, must queue up to introduce myself......always keen to absord good karma from proven golfers........
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: How do I hit the ball closer to the pin?   Today at 8:14 pm

Back to top Go down
 
How do I hit the ball closer to the pin?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
 Similar topics
-
» Best match ball??
» Need to shout "Ball" or "4"?
» Crash Ball Center
» Foo-King-Long Golf Ball
» Pickering High School Ball Team On THE SCORE

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic :: The Clubhouse :: Golf Talk-
Jump to:  
Friends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf Republic
Copyright © 2009 Golf Republic. All Rights Reserved.