Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.
 
HomeFAQCalendarRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Life span of Steel Shaft

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Fatboy
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer


Posts : 315
Join date : 2009-07-29
Age : 49
Location : West, Singapore

PostSubject: Life span of Steel Shaft   Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:48 am

Hi,

I like to know if there is a lifespan for steel shaft if the clubs are used constantly on green and in range ?

It can be NS Pro, True Temper, KBS, etc.

Mine is already more than 5 years but they looks OK to me; maintain them so no rust at all.


Thanks
Back to top Go down
http://www.permatex.com
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer


Posts : 7236
Join date : 2009-06-19
Location : Sillypore

PostSubject: Re: Life span of Steel Shaft   Mon Jun 07, 2010 1:04 pm

until it breaks i guess?

do u find your dispersion getting wider? that is the only thing i can think of regarding expiration of steel shafts.
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer


Posts : 8185
Join date : 2009-06-19

PostSubject: Re: Life span of Steel Shaft   Mon Jun 07, 2010 1:14 pm

alternatively is...to check the rear end.....is it feeling itchy?
Back to top Go down
S70B
Course Marshal
Course Marshal


Posts : 5118
Join date : 2009-06-18
Location : Home sweat home...

PostSubject: Re: Life span of Steel Shaft   Mon Jun 07, 2010 1:19 pm

Duval_S wrote:
alternatively is...to check the rear end.....is it feeling itchy?

Mine is constantly itching and twitching (or so...thats what my flightmates tell me).

How? Any remedy for that? Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer


Posts : 8185
Join date : 2009-06-19

PostSubject: Re: Life span of Steel Shaft   Mon Jun 07, 2010 1:40 pm

Quote :
S70B wrote:
Duval_S wrote:
alternatively is...to check the rear end.....is it feeling itchy?

Mine is constantly itching and twitching (or so...thats what my flightmates tell me).

How? Any remedy for that? Embarassed


For you brudder...no.....coz fm what I had read in these past 8 months , you are no cure liao.....
Back to top Go down
Birdman
Course Marshal
Course Marshal


Posts : 3798
Join date : 2009-10-09
Age : 51
Location : Wherever my feet take me....

PostSubject: Re: Life span of Steel Shaft   Mon Jun 07, 2010 1:46 pm

Fatboy wrote:
Hi,

I like to know if there is a lifespan for steel shaft if the clubs are used constantly on green and in range ?

It can be NS Pro, True Temper, KBS, etc.

Mine is already more than 5 years but they looks OK to me; maintain them so no rust at all.


Thanks

For me, as long as there is no discernible difference in dispersion and distance, just keep on playing the shafts. My first set rusted through from the inside of the shafts and snapped at the ferrules after about 10 years, if that's any gauge.

But knowing the equipment sluts on GR, no one is going to wait till the end of a steel shaft's lifespan before changing.
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer


Posts : 6384
Join date : 2009-06-18

PostSubject: Re: Life span of Steel Shaft   Mon Jun 07, 2010 1:56 pm

there is no expiry lifespan on steel shafts as long as there is no corrosion both inside and outside of the shaft.

we have an iron set (with steel shaft) thats probably made in the 40s and its still going strong with no indication of corrosion.

DGman

Rex remedy for your ass twitching....the next time you address the ball. close your eye and feel your body alignment - feet, knees, hips, spine, shoulder and hands and in that order. you should wiggle less..guarantee.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bigfishes.com
andrewlee
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer


Posts : 236
Join date : 2009-06-19
Location : Comfort DelGro Driving Center

PostSubject: Re: Life span of Steel Shaft   Mon Jun 07, 2010 2:35 pm

DGman wrote:
there is no expiry lifespan on steel shafts as long as there is no corrosion both inside and outside of the shaft.

we have an iron set (with steel shaft) thats probably made in the 40s and its still going strong with no indication of corrosion.

DGman

Rex remedy for your ass twitching....the next time you address the ball. close your eye and feel your body alignment - feet, knees, hips, spine, shoulder and hands and in that order. you should wiggle less..guarantee.

Hi Eric,

How about grahite shaft? how to tell it time to change beside backside itchy?got a 5 years old set katana (forge) not sure is it worth or time to change ?

Thks.
Back to top Go down
Fatboy
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer


Posts : 315
Join date : 2009-07-29
Age : 49
Location : West, Singapore

PostSubject: Re: Life span of Steel Shaft   Mon Jun 07, 2010 4:45 pm

No worry, it is not a uncommon 'sickness'; most golfer have it. Cool

The peak comes when a new model is launched and the 'sickness' get worse especially when the current set is not working good for a while. Laughing


Duval_S wrote:
alternatively is...to check the rear end.....is it feeling itchy?
Back to top Go down
http://www.permatex.com
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Life span of Steel Shaft   Today at 8:15 pm

Back to top Go down
 
Life span of Steel Shaft
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Life Span of Golf Shaft
» Can a .370 steel shaft fit a .355 head????
» Life span of shafts
» Is there "A" Flex for iron/steel shaft?
» Nike Ignite Iron stock steel shaft?

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic :: The Pro Shop :: Golf Equipment-
Jump to:  
Friends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf Republic
Copyright © 2009 Golf Republic. All Rights Reserved.