Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.
 
HomeFAQCalendarRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Breaking news for all motorsports fans...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
mervyntan
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1499
Join date : 2009-06-20

PostSubject: Breaking news for all motorsports fans...   Thu Jul 30, 2009 4:09 am

guess what!!!

The STIG will no longer be THE STIG... BECAUSE HE IS GOING BACK TO F1 CARS!!!!

TIME TO DUMP THE BRAWN/MCLAREN STUFF AND BRING OUT THE FERRARI MERCHANDISE FOLKS!!

apparently, he is going to take over the now vacated car of felipe massa. well, i wasn't really expecting this i must say, but it's good to have his genius back. he spots racing lines and overtaking opportunities like nobody else in f1. oops, better correct myself, rather, he CREATES opportunities.

not sure how different and blunted his responses and racing will be after so long away from an F1 car, but seeing that he has been so involved off the track with team ferrari, i reckon that he should hit the ground running. well, i must say it's gonna be an exciting european grand prix.. not only that, i would love to see how he tackles the Singapore GP track, for the very fact that it has numerous overtaking opportunities, and that it's tight and also at night.
woohoo!!

the only question now is....

will he be racing as the STIG? jocolor
Back to top Go down
watermyforrest
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 3248
Join date : 2009-07-17
Age : 41
Location : Serangoon Central

PostSubject: Re: Breaking news for all motorsports fans...   Thu Jul 30, 2009 5:49 am

Bro, what is THE STIG?
Back to top Go down
Khorkar
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 2978
Join date : 2009-06-19
Age : 42
Location : Sinkapoh

PostSubject: Re: Breaking news for all motorsports fans...   Thu Jul 30, 2009 9:01 am

Ya boy!!! Michael S is back.... I think this what the motorsport need, inject the Maestro factor. On the flip side, BMW have announced pullout.... another one bites the dust...
Back to top Go down
icebocc
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 91
Join date : 2009-06-29
Location : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: Breaking news for all motorsports fans...   Thu Jul 30, 2009 9:21 am

mervyntan wrote:
guess what!!!

The STIG will no longer be THE STIG... BECAUSE HE IS GOING BACK TO F1 CARS!!!!

TIME TO DUMP THE BRAWN/MCLAREN STUFF AND BRING OUT THE FERRARI MERCHANDISE FOLKS!!

apparently, he is going to take over the now vacated car of felipe massa. well, i wasn't really expecting this i must say, but it's good to have his genius back. he spots racing lines and overtaking opportunities like nobody else in f1. oops, better correct myself, rather, he CREATES opportunities.

not sure how different and blunted his responses and racing will be after so long away from an F1 car, but seeing that he has been so involved off the track with team ferrari, i reckon that he should hit the ground running. well, i must say it's gonna be an exciting european grand prix.. not only that, i would love to see how he tackles the Singapore GP track, for the very fact that it has numerous overtaking opportunities, and that it's tight and also at night.
woohoo!!

the only question now is....

will he be racing as the STIG? jocolor

For a moment when you mention 'THE STIG', I thought the man in all white in Top Gear has given up one of the coolest job in the world!

~ icebocc ~

you HAD ME @ EHLO
Back to top Go down
shotah
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1005
Join date : 2009-06-26
Age : 40

PostSubject: Re: Breaking news for all motorsports fans...   Thu Jul 30, 2009 9:24 am

icebocc wrote:
mervyntan wrote:
guess what!!!

The STIG will no longer be THE STIG... BECAUSE HE IS GOING BACK TO F1 CARS!!!!

TIME TO DUMP THE BRAWN/MCLAREN STUFF AND BRING OUT THE FERRARI MERCHANDISE FOLKS!!

apparently, he is going to take over the now vacated car of felipe massa. well, i wasn't really expecting this i must say, but it's good to have his genius back. he spots racing lines and overtaking opportunities like nobody else in f1. oops, better correct myself, rather, he CREATES opportunities.

not sure how different and blunted his responses and racing will be after so long away from an F1 car, but seeing that he has been so involved off the track with team ferrari, i reckon that he should hit the ground running. well, i must say it's gonna be an exciting european grand prix.. not only that, i would love to see how he tackles the Singapore GP track, for the very fact that it has numerous overtaking opportunities, and that it's tight and also at night.
woohoo!!

the only question now is....

will he be racing as the STIG? jocolor

For a moment when you mention 'THE STIG', I thought the man in all white in Top Gear has given up one of the coolest job in the world!

~ icebocc ~

you HAD ME @ EHLO

So far, I still think that the 'STIG' in Top Gear is a far superior driver than most professional race drivers. Sorry but I am never an F1 fan as its more of technology rather than driving skills.
Back to top Go down
Ssquirrel
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1368
Join date : 2009-06-19

PostSubject: Re: Breaking news for all motorsports fans...   Thu Jul 30, 2009 11:59 am

I think Michael S was only the STIG in that one episode they shot or is it confirmed that Michael was always the STIG?
Back to top Go down
shotah
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1005
Join date : 2009-06-26
Age : 40

PostSubject: Re: Breaking news for all motorsports fans...   Thu Jul 30, 2009 12:59 pm

I dun think so, cos Shumacher is 1.89m while STIG is only 1.81m.
Back to top Go down
digdug888
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer


Posts : 106
Join date : 2009-07-21

PostSubject: Re: Breaking news for all motorsports fans...   Thu Jul 30, 2009 2:12 pm

shiok man.. steady liao
Back to top Go down
mervyntan
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1499
Join date : 2009-06-20

PostSubject: Re: Breaking news for all motorsports fans...   Thu Jul 30, 2009 3:39 pm

shotah wrote:


So far, I still think that the 'STIG' in Top Gear is a far superior driver than most professional race drivers. Sorry but I am never an F1 fan as its more of technology rather than driving skills.

true to a certain extent... but when u see how lewis hamilton won the hungarian open.. u really gotta admire his driving..

anyway f1 also alot of strategy by the pit crew..
Back to top Go down
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer


Posts : 7236
Join date : 2009-06-19
Location : Sillypore

PostSubject: Re: Breaking news for all motorsports fans...   Thu Jul 30, 2009 3:55 pm

forest... u got to watchh topgear UK to know who is the STIG.

Some say that the outline of his left nipple is exactly the same shape as the Nürburgring. And if you give him a really important job, he'll skive off and play croquet. All we know is...he's called the Stig.



MT... i dun know about Schumie man... he may be a driving God. But he a tad bit too old already, i think.
Back to top Go down
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer


Posts : 7236
Join date : 2009-06-19
Location : Sillypore

PostSubject: Re: Breaking news for all motorsports fans...   Thu Jul 30, 2009 3:56 pm

F1 is no longer about driving really... i think it is strategy with pit crew, pit stops, fuel levels and car designs....



WRC is still all about driving skill... and flipping luck!
Back to top Go down
Ssquirrel
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1368
Join date : 2009-06-19

PostSubject: Re: Breaking news for all motorsports fans...   Thu Jul 30, 2009 4:05 pm

PHwah.. F1?? WRC???

NASCAR baby!!!! It's all about turning left! hahhaha Laughing
Back to top Go down
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer


Posts : 7236
Join date : 2009-06-19
Location : Sillypore

PostSubject: Re: Breaking news for all motorsports fans...   Thu Jul 30, 2009 4:09 pm

Look... They are making a left turnnnn..... they are making another left turnnnnn....



i wonder what is going to happen next...


another left turrnnnnnn!!!
Back to top Go down
mervyntan
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1499
Join date : 2009-06-20

PostSubject: Re: Breaking news for all motorsports fans...   Thu Jul 30, 2009 4:18 pm

mUAr_cHEe wrote:
F1 is no longer about driving really... i think it is strategy with pit crew, pit stops, fuel levels and car designs....



WRC is still all about driving skill... and flipping luck!

yes.. the pit crew really can make or break the race.. just look at how alonso lost his pole and the race last week with his lousy pit crew who forgot to fasten the wheel properly... and look at how brawn dominated with a bunch of normal drivers by having such good cars.

to see real driving, just stand by the road and flag a cab, tell the uncle to go from one end of singapore to the other end in 25 minutes.. THAT'S REAL DRIVING!
Back to top Go down
shotah
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1005
Join date : 2009-06-26
Age : 40

PostSubject: Re: Breaking news for all motorsports fans...   Thu Jul 30, 2009 4:33 pm

yeap, my favourite is also WRC. 2.0 litre cars going over uneven and unpredictable terrain at over 200km/hr.... really scary. I went to perth and was lucky enough to witness the SS in the city. It was amazing man, really enjoyable whereas watching F1 racing, only make you break your neck.
Back to top Go down
mervyntan
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1499
Join date : 2009-06-20

PostSubject: Re: Breaking news for all motorsports fans...   Thu Jul 30, 2009 5:14 pm

it is rather dangerous though for the spectators.. i ever saw a video of a WRC car crash and fly towards a spectator... missing him by inches... but then again.. this kinda things is all heng suay one.. haha..
Back to top Go down
samT
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer


Posts : 775
Join date : 2009-06-23
Location : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: Breaking news for all motorsports fans...   Thu Jul 30, 2009 5:32 pm

shotah wrote:
yeap, my favourite is also WRC. 2.0 litre cars going over uneven and unpredictable terrain at over 200km/hr.... really scary. I went to perth and was lucky enough to witness the SS in the city. It was amazing man, really enjoyable whereas watching F1 racing, only make you break your neck.

Bro,

WRC (in Greece) gives me bad lungs from all the dirt. And yes, damn dangerous cos my greek fren knn stood so close to the road.

F1 (SG) gives me hearing problem after. Smile
Back to top Go down
shotah
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1005
Join date : 2009-06-26
Age : 40

PostSubject: Re: Breaking news for all motorsports fans...   Thu Jul 30, 2009 5:39 pm

But its just the adrenalin rush that you get. I used to ride dirt bikes and seriously, its a feeling that its hardly replaceble. Still lookinf for any opportunity to sit a rally car and riding in the dirt man.
Back to top Go down
art
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer


Posts : 101
Join date : 2009-06-18

PostSubject: Re: Breaking news for all motorsports fans...   Thu Jul 30, 2009 5:45 pm

wrcs are all about driving and navi skills

where as f1 is a rich mix of factors.. MT, man when i watched renault screw up the pit stop, alonso must be one hellava frustrated guy

stig in an F60 will sure anytime better than the coultard in the red bull last yr

they are abt the same age, no?

f1 is back to life again with schumi, although im more of a hamliton guy, but now with this twist, it is bernie's cashcow...

in no time there will be a guy in max mosley's seat

talk about how f1 is filled with politics...
Back to top Go down
sunny
Greens Committee Member
Greens Committee Member


Posts : 3575
Join date : 2009-06-17
Age : 41

PostSubject: Re: Breaking news for all motorsports fans...   Thu Jul 30, 2009 6:03 pm

f1 also got marshals died

_________________
We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then, is not an act, but a habit.
Back to top Go down
Http://thescarletibis.wordpress.com
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Breaking news for all motorsports fans...   Today at 4:42 pm

Back to top Go down
 
Breaking news for all motorsports fans...
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» BREAKING NEWS
» BREAKING NEWS: Tornado devastates Dallas Speedpark
» BREAKING NEWS--BREAKING NEWS--BREAKING NEWS
» MORE BREAKING NEWS: According to Jayski......
» BREAKING NEWS DJ Durkin

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic :: The 19th Hole :: Lounge-
Jump to:  
Friends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf Republic
Copyright © 2009 Golf Republic. All Rights Reserved.