Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.
 
HomeFAQCalendarRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Is it just me?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal


Posts : 10361
Join date : 2009-12-19
Age : 39

PostSubject: Re: Is it just me?   Fri Jun 11, 2010 4:49 pm

Well done Derek! Came to damsel in distress's rescue and brought the thread back on thread.
Laughing
hmm.....dun worry about the technical stuff first. Get the swing first. The technicalities will follow later. For info, I was conscious about the equipment 15 mths after I picked up golf. Thereafter, it's poison after poison......itchy backside lah. silent
Back to top Go down
golf_snowman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 2851
Join date : 2009-07-16
Age : 44
Location : Dreamland

PostSubject: Re: Is it just me?   Fri Jun 11, 2010 4:49 pm

hmm...how to give advise to golfjoy since i'm also so new to the game....haha !

just enjoy the game and pass those headache stuff to clubfitter and pro...haha !!
Back to top Go down
golfjoy
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1386
Join date : 2010-06-04
Age : 77
Location : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: Is it just me?   Fri Jun 11, 2010 4:50 pm

Derek wrote:

Be patient padawan ... feel the FORCE and all will become clear ... Shocked

just joking ... in any case, in any hobby, there will always be those who like to discuss the technical side of things (and really enjoy it) and those that just enjoy playing ... golf is no different.

If you have the interest to read up about the various aspects of the game, your understanding will grow over time, but there is so much to learn and talk about, no one will ever manage to cover all of it. So don't worry if some things don't make sense, we are all still learning.

Thank you! thank you for the encouragement !! Face Hug
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal


Posts : 10361
Join date : 2009-12-19
Age : 39

PostSubject: Re: Is it just me?   Fri Jun 11, 2010 4:51 pm

eiji wrote:
there's also paralysis over analysis.

sometimes its better to just let your body feel and make the right adjustments


Too much reading tips on magazines and online can sometimes ruin your swing or cause u to keep changing ur swing everytime u go to range...

how to be consistent

shucks! Gotta unsubscribe golfers digest liao. Screwing my driver swing now. White Flag
Back to top Go down
golf_snowman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 2851
Join date : 2009-07-16
Age : 44
Location : Dreamland

PostSubject: Re: Is it just me?   Fri Jun 11, 2010 4:53 pm

[quote: ="asahi"][quote: ="eiji"]there's also paralysis over analysis.

sometimes its better to just let your body feel and make the right adjustments


Too much reading tips on magazines and online can sometimes ruin your swing or cause u to keep changing ur swing everytime u go to range...

how to be consistent[/quote: ]

shucks! Gotta unsubscribe golfers digest liao. Screwing my driver swing now. White Flag[/quote: ]

haha...just pass the magazine to me..no need unscrubscribe..haha !!
Back to top Go down
golfjoy
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1386
Join date : 2010-06-04
Age : 77
Location : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: Is it just me?   Fri Jun 11, 2010 4:55 pm

asahi wrote:
Well done Derek! Came to damsel in distress's rescue and brought the thread back on thread.
Laughing
hmm.....dun worry about the technical stuff first. Get the swing first. The technicalities will follow later. For info, I was conscious about the equipment 15 mths after I picked up golf. Thereafter, it's poison after poison......itchy backside lah. silent

But somethings are not the technical stuffs worrr Embarassed
Me really kinda SLOW in learning things ...
Laughing
Back to top Go down
golf_snowman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 2851
Join date : 2009-07-16
Age : 44
Location : Dreamland

PostSubject: Re: Is it just me?   Fri Jun 11, 2010 4:58 pm

golfjoy wrote:
asahi wrote:
Well done Derek! Came to damsel in distress's rescue and brought the thread back on thread.
Laughing
hmm.....dun worry about the technical stuff first. Get the swing first. The technicalities will follow later. For info, I was conscious about the equipment 15 mths after I picked up golf. Thereafter, it's poison after poison......itchy backside lah. silent

But somethings are not the technical stuffs worrr Embarassed
Me really kinda SLOW in learning things ...
Laughing

no worry about being slow...in fact slow is good, especially when we talk about equipment..the faster u learn, the earlier u kena poison...so just go slowly..GOLF is Game Of Lifetime Fun....u have plenty of time...haha !!
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal


Posts : 10361
Join date : 2009-12-19
Age : 39

PostSubject: Re: Is it just me?   Fri Jun 11, 2010 5:03 pm

Slow meh? Your status said full swing passed. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
golfjoy
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1386
Join date : 2010-06-04
Age : 77
Location : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: Is it just me?   Fri Jun 11, 2010 5:06 pm

asahi: aiyo ... either fail or pass mah... wanted to put nearly failed... but buay swee leh??? Very Happy

I hit over 100m with iron 7!!! I was damn happy last night ... I think I laughed in my sleep!
WAHAHAHA
ROFL
Back to top Go down
Winston
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1723
Join date : 2009-08-18
Age : 42
Location : 19th Hole

PostSubject: Re: Is it just me?   Fri Jun 11, 2010 5:07 pm

From my personal experience,

Dont focus too much on equipment, jargon, technical terms etc etc. Most important thing as a beginner is to focus on learning the fundamentals of a good & consistent golf swing. After you have achieved that, than start worrying about tourqe, flex, CPM, lie, loft, etc etc

When I first started out, had so much input, before the club was in my hand, 101 thoughts already ruuning through my head, very hard to focus.


Last edited by Winston on Fri Jun 11, 2010 5:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
golfjoy
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1386
Join date : 2010-06-04
Age : 77
Location : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: Is it just me?   Fri Jun 11, 2010 5:12 pm

Winston wrote:
From my personal experience,

Dont focus too much on equipment, jargon, technical terms etc etc. Most important thing as a beginner is to focus on learning the fundamentals of a good & consistent gold swing. After you have achieved that, than start worrying about tourqe, flex, CPM, lie, loft, etc etc

When I first started out, had so much input, before the club was in my hand, 101 thoughts already ruuning through my head, very hard to focus.


You're not helpingggg!!!

hehehe ok ok ... thank you for sharing. Wink

I guess I know what is better for me lahhh Very Happy
Back to top Go down
wilkang
Course Marshal
Course Marshal


Posts : 2780
Join date : 2009-10-21
Age : 42

PostSubject: Re: Is it just me?   Fri Jun 11, 2010 5:21 pm

golfjoy wrote:
asahi: aiyo ... either fail or pass mah... wanted to put nearly failed... but buay swee leh??? Very Happy

I hit over 100m with iron 7!!! I was damn happy last night ... I think I laughed in my sleep!
WAHAHAHA
ROFL

Fwahhh...over 100M with 7...that's pretty remarkable..keep it up Very Happy

_________________
Golf is a sport to love. To treasure. To cherish.
Back to top Go down
watermyforrest
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 3248
Join date : 2009-07-17
Age : 41
Location : Serangoon Central

PostSubject: Re: Is it just me?   Fri Jun 11, 2010 5:53 pm

golfjoy wrote:

I hit over 100m with iron 7!!! I was damn happy last night ... I think I laughed in my sleep!
WAHAHAHA [/color] ROFL

wow keep it up ... did you go to SSN? There is a handsome young man with nick Darenlim who can give super pointer foc... If you are a girl of coz (birdman is exception - he is too handsome for others to say no)

.: You Never Blur Alone :.
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal


Posts : 10361
Join date : 2009-12-19
Age : 39

PostSubject: Re: Is it just me?   Fri Jun 11, 2010 6:12 pm

watermyforrest wrote:
golfjoy wrote:

I hit over 100m with iron 7!!! I was damn happy last night ... I think I laughed in my sleep!
WAHAHAHA [/color] ROFL

wow keep it up ... did you go to SSN? There is a handsome young man with nick Darenlim who can give super pointer foc... If you are a girl of coz (birdman is exception - he is too handsome for others to say no)

.: You Never Blur Alone :.

pwahahaha..... ROFL
Back to top Go down
CoastGuy
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer


Posts : 318
Join date : 2010-05-15

PostSubject: Re: Is it just me?   Fri Jun 11, 2010 6:20 pm

I hit over 100m with iron 7!!! I was damn happy last night ... I think I laughed in my sleep!
WAHAHAHA [/color] ROFL[/quote]


I think the POISON is already in you liao..
Wait till you can drive 200m with your driver...
then there is no turning back.. lol!
Back to top Go down
golfjoy
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1386
Join date : 2010-06-04
Age : 77
Location : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: Is it just me?   Sat Jun 12, 2010 12:50 am

wilkang wrote:
Fwahhh...over 100M with 7...that's pretty remarkable..keep it up Very Happy

hehehe Laughing those are just lucky shots bah ...
Yup, hopefully can keep it up up up! bounce
Back to top Go down
golfjoy
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1386
Join date : 2010-06-04
Age : 77
Location : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: Is it just me?   Sat Jun 12, 2010 12:52 am

watermyforrest wrote:

wow keep it up ... did you go to SSN? There is a handsome young man with nick Darenlim who can give super pointer foc... If you are a girl of coz (birdman is exception - he is too handsome for others to say no)

.: You Never Blur Alone :.

Errrrmmm .... Nope, I didn't.
OOHHH ... Too bad, I'm not a girl. I'm a woman. How leh?
tongue
Back to top Go down
golfjoy
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1386
Join date : 2010-06-04
Age : 77
Location : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: Is it just me?   Sat Jun 12, 2010 12:54 am

CoastGuy wrote:

I think the POISON is already in you liao..
Wait till you can drive 200m with your driver...
then there is no turning back.. lol!

Ooohhh ... that'll be in the next lesson. cheers
Can't WAIT!!! Exclamation
Back to top Go down
Birdman
Course Marshal
Course Marshal


Posts : 3798
Join date : 2009-10-09
Age : 51
Location : Wherever my feet take me....

PostSubject: Re: Is it just me?   Sat Jun 12, 2010 2:24 am

watermyforrest wrote:
golfjoy wrote:

I hit over 100m with iron 7!!! I was damn happy last night ... I think I laughed in my sleep!
WAHAHAHA [/color] ROFL

wow keep it up ... did you go to SSN? There is a handsome young man with nick Darenlim who can give super pointer foc... If you are a girl of coz (birdman is exception - he is too handsome for others to say no)

.: You Never Blur Alone :.

What did I do? What did I say? scratch
Back to top Go down
watermyforrest
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 3248
Join date : 2009-07-17
Age : 41
Location : Serangoon Central

PostSubject: Re: Is it just me?   Sat Jun 12, 2010 9:03 am

Daren helped to improve your swing right Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Is it just me?   Today at 4:28 am

Back to top Go down
 
Is it just me?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic :: The 19th Hole :: Lounge-
Jump to:  
Friends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf Republic
Copyright © 2009 Golf Republic. All Rights Reserved.