Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.
 
HomeFAQCalendarRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Maybe the best is really yet to be....40s the new 30s

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer


Posts : 8185
Join date : 2009-06-19

PostSubject: Maybe the best is really yet to be....40s the new 30s   Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:18 am

Keeping my finger crossed.....hoping to play better in months and years to come:


Quote :
There is more evidence that those who are already 40 -- a group which also includes past major champions Mike Weir, Angel Cabrera and Retief Goosen -- have a leg up on their peers in more areas than just birthday candles, even if such a discovery comes indirectly.

Buoyed by an artificial hip and an apparent full-body cleansing in the Fountain of Youth, Tom Watson contended into the weekend at Augusta National two months ago at the ripe ol' age of 60. Just a few weeks later, baby-faced and wild-haired Rory McIlroy claimed his initial U.S. title at Quail Hollow while still under the legal drinking age of 21.

It would be careless to base a hypothesis on these two performances alone, but it's a safe bet that the prime age for an elite golfer is somewhere between 20 and 60. We can either split the difference and call it 40 or ask the opinions of those who know such things.

"You know, maturity is very important in the game," Padraig Harrington said. "So probably your prime age is 40, as long as you're physically still there."

Considering the three-time major winner won't even turn 39 until later this summer, he contends, "I don't believe I've hit my prime, no."

"It's always been said that the early-30s is kind of the prime age," Mickelson said. "However, if I look at my game today [versus] where I was five years ago, I see a big difference. And so I feel like I still have my best golf ahead of me."
Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy


Posts : 5606
Join date : 2009-12-26

PostSubject: Re: Maybe the best is really yet to be....40s the new 30s   Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:34 am

and we gotta take care of our lower back and hamstring bro.
Back to top Go down
daveaha
Course Marshal
Course Marshal


Posts : 3179
Join date : 2009-06-22
Age : 40
Location : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: Maybe the best is really yet to be....40s the new 30s   Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:50 am

pushslice wrote:
and we gotta take care of our lower back and hamstring bro.

And the knee, and the wrist, and the joints...
Back to top Go down
http://www.nufc.sg
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy


Posts : 5606
Join date : 2009-12-26

PostSubject: Re: Maybe the best is really yet to be....40s the new 30s   Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:52 am

maybe yoga goes well with golf?
Back to top Go down
golfchowmk
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer


Posts : 636
Join date : 2009-06-24

PostSubject: Re: Maybe the best is really yet to be....40s the new 30s   Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:52 am

Me 50 laoi think more thing to take care man. Beer
Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy


Posts : 5606
Join date : 2009-12-26

PostSubject: Re: Maybe the best is really yet to be....40s the new 30s   Mon Jun 14, 2010 12:09 pm

bro, I heard from titu you play very low scores. You and titu are going strong in your 50s. Way better golfers than many of us in our 30s. Hope we can play together yah?
Back to top Go down
golfchowmk
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer


Posts : 636
Join date : 2009-06-24

PostSubject: Re: Maybe the best is really yet to be....40s the new 30s   Mon Jun 14, 2010 12:18 pm

Bro ps, pls lar dont listen to the old man titu. 50 oredi how gd also got limit lar. like last week went to starhill play walking course. (haolian) walk until my b@@l almost want to drop haha...
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer


Posts : 8185
Join date : 2009-06-19

PostSubject: Re: Maybe the best is really yet to be....40s the new 30s   Mon Jun 14, 2010 1:29 pm

Quote :
Quote :
pushslice wrote:
bro, I heard from titu you play very low scores. You and titu are going strong in your 50s. Way better golfers than many of us in our 30s. Hope we can play together yah?

Bro Pushslice, our bro-golfchowk only so so only lah.....the diff between he and I is >10 strokes anytime...PS: my score minus his score = a big +ve number
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal


Posts : 10361
Join date : 2009-12-19
Age : 39

PostSubject: Re: Maybe the best is really yet to be....40s the new 30s   Mon Jun 14, 2010 1:37 pm

Age is but a figure.....its all in your state of mind. If you think you can golf, you can, regardless of age. Very Happy
I'm planning to golf till six feet under. ROFL
Back to top Go down
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 3375
Join date : 2009-10-16
Location : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: Maybe the best is really yet to be....40s the new 30s   Mon Jun 14, 2010 4:08 pm

golfchowmk wrote:
Bro ps, pls lar dont listen to the old man titu. 50 oredi how gd also got limit lar. like last week went to starhill play walking course. (haolian) walk until my b@@l almost want to drop haha...

ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL

old titu
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer


Posts : 8185
Join date : 2009-06-19

PostSubject: Re: Maybe the best is really yet to be....40s the new 30s   Mon Jun 14, 2010 4:26 pm

I hope that when I get 4 days older fm today, I can still play like I was 1 week younger fm today
Back to top Go down
golfchowmk
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer


Posts : 636
Join date : 2009-06-24

PostSubject: Re: Maybe the best is really yet to be....40s the new 30s   Mon Jun 14, 2010 4:58 pm

Duval_S wrote:
Quote :
Quote :
pushslice wrote:
bro, I heard from titu you play very low scores. You and titu are going strong in your 50s. Way better golfers than many of us in our 30s. Hope we can play together yah?

Bro Pushslice, our bro-golfchowk only so so only lah.....the diff between he and I is >10 strokes anytime...PS: my score minus his score = a big +ve number

Bro DS, no lar u humble only. whre got so far in between.
Back to top Go down
golfchowmk
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer


Posts : 636
Join date : 2009-06-24

PostSubject: Re: Maybe the best is really yet to be....40s the new 30s   Mon Jun 14, 2010 4:59 pm

Tituman wrote:
golfchowmk wrote:
Bro ps, pls lar dont listen to the old man titu. 50 oredi how gd also got limit lar. like last week went to starhill play walking course. (haolian) walk until my b@@l almost want to drop haha...

ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL

old titu

Stretcher Stretcher help;;'
Back to top Go down
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 3375
Join date : 2009-10-16
Location : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: Maybe the best is really yet to be....40s the new 30s   Mon Jun 14, 2010 5:59 pm

golfchowmk wrote:
Tituman wrote:
golfchowmk wrote:
Bro ps, pls lar dont listen to the old man titu. 50 oredi how gd also got limit lar. like last week went to starhill play walking course. (haolian) walk until my b@@l almost want to drop haha...

ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL

old titu

Stretcher Stretcher help;;'

So if I played I would need double help ..... affraid

Stretcher Stretcher Stretcher Stretcher

lagi old titu
Back to top Go down
hardrock
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 2443
Join date : 2009-07-12
Age : 46
Location : Choa Chu Kang

PostSubject: Re: Maybe the best is really yet to be....40s the new 30s   Mon Jun 14, 2010 6:26 pm

mr chow but u looks ok that day at starhill le..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Maybe the best is really yet to be....40s the new 30s   Today at 1:58 pm

Back to top Go down
 
Maybe the best is really yet to be....40s the new 30s
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic :: The 19th Hole :: Lounge-
Jump to:  
Friends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf Republic
Copyright © 2009 Golf Republic. All Rights Reserved.