Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeFAQCalendarRegisterLog in

Share | 

GOLF-ing commercially

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: GOLF-ing commercially   Wed Jun 23, 2010 10:17 am

First of all, let me acknowledge that I am not a serious bet-er and not very familliar with the various commercial T&C associated with betting outside the std skins and stroke and matchplay. Here are the few which I know and made aware:

1. 6-s:

Guess this is the most popular and adopted by many. In essense the flight of 4 are to be paired in 2 for each 6 holes and folow the match play rules. after that , the flight will rotate the pairing.
some will just play the best ball and there are some who will take into account the 2nd ball if the 1st ball among the 2 pairs are square

2. Fireman

For me at least, this is where apply for Par 3 only. If someone is ON the green and someone else is off the green, then if the latter manage to par the hole, that hole is square and $ carry forward to next par 3. Conversely if all on the green then the one who is nearest and don par, will pay.

3. Big and Small snake

this is something which I personally encountered just last week. I think this originated from the golf courses near jungle where someone actually saw a small snake gliding around and eaten up by another.....and soon, the latter became big snake.
It goes like this (at least this was how i had contributed). Upfront, the flight define what contributes to a 'small snake' and that could be a shot to hazzard, bunker, water etc etc including 3-putt. Who ever that kena one of these, will be marked as 1st small snake...and the next will be 2nd small snake. Depending on the agreed threshold (lets say 3), the 3rd person who committed a snall snake will be the loser. The loser will pay or penalized as per agreed. (PS: this had resulted in some being hesitant to on the green for fear of being too far fm hole...ahahahahah)

anymore? I am hoping not to be mountain tortoise cheers
Back to top Go down
Birdman
Course Marshal
Course Marshal

PostSubject: Re: GOLF-ing commercially   Sat Jun 26, 2010 1:59 am

Thanks for enlightening Duval bro.

Can other brothers here enlighten on rules for other games like vegas, etcetera....

Slinger bro, wanna contribute?
Back to top Go down
duffader
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: GOLF-ing commercially   Sat Jun 26, 2010 9:21 am

3s - Split version of sixes just that this is better, so that players got chance to fight back. It can come with auto press so everytime a 3s or sixes is conclude (4up, 2 to go or 2up, 1 to go), a new game begins.

Vegas - Of the tee box, left ball will partner left ball on the fairway, right ball partner right ball. Bets will depend on points combine by each team.

eg. PLayer A hits a par on a par 4, his partner hits a bogey. (Total Points 45)

Player C hits a bogey on the par 4 and his partner a double bogey ( Total points 56).

So player A and B wings 11 points. Bets will depend how much per point.

The scary part comes when someone birdie in the team, then the score on the opp team will reverse and multiply.

eg. PLayer A hits a birdie on a par 4, his partner hits a bogey. (Total Points 35)

Player C hits a bogey on the par 4 and his partner a double bogey ( Total points 65 because of reverse).

So player A and B wings 30 points. If player B pars, it will ber reverse x 2. If both birdie, will be reverse x 3.

Bacarrat (The up up and away game)

THere will be a banker and 3 players at every tee box. So normally, there are points. If player A hits a nice tee shot and he feels he wants to double the bets on that hole. He will should up before ball lands. ANd when the banker also feels that he hit a nice tee shot (banker normally tee off last), he can also shout "UP". So that hole, its already base bet x 4. and there will be additionals for birdies.

Penalty game (good for beginners to improve your score)

THis is a game that i play when i first started golf. Its to train your mental as well as your course management. THere are no winners cos normally the total losses will be place on the table for food and beer.

Each penalty is at least $5. (Or else too little, no effect). For me, the following are consider penalties.

Hazard - 1 penalty
Water - 1 penalty
OB - 2 penalties
Bunker - 1 penalty
Putt short of hole (ball must pass hole) - 1 penalty
double bogey - 1 penalty
every stroke after penalty - 1 penalty.

I remember my first ever game... i have about 20 over penalities. Felt the pain and started training hard.

THats all i know and normally plays.
Back to top Go down
S70B
Course Marshal
Course Marshal

PostSubject: Re: GOLF-ing commercially   Sat Jun 26, 2010 9:33 am

Besides penalties, there are also rewards.

Birdies for $5 from everyone else. Double that for eagles.

Nearest to Pin on a Par 3 will be $5 from everyone else. However, if you 3-putt, you pay everyone $5 or can even double that if you agreed upon it before the game starts.

Also, if you make par from the bunker, everyone will pay you $5.

Course Marshal
Course Marshal

PostSubject: Re: GOLF-ing commercially   Sat Jun 26, 2010 11:37 am

Great contribution Duffadder and Rex! Helps to make the games crystal clear, now everyone can play with no dispute over the rules.

Yah right! ROFL

Keep contributing the different games you play on the course guys and gals, then we can make it a sticky for future reference. cheers
Back to top Go down
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: GOLF-ing commercially   Sat Jun 26, 2010 12:35 pm

S70B wrote:

Nearest to Pin on a Par 3 will be $5 from everyone else. However, if you 3-putt, you pay everyone $5 or can even double that if you agreed upon it before the game starts.

In this case, if the green is a difficult one like a lot of gradients, and if the 1st golfer landed his ball on the green but very far away which looks like sure guarantee 3 putts needed, the rest of the golfers all plays off the green on purpose and waits for him to 3 putt. So the other 3 get $5 right if he 3 putts??? Think thats a plan hahaha ROFL ROFL ROFL

Titu
Back to top Go down
S70B
Course Marshal
Course Marshal

PostSubject: Re: GOLF-ing commercially   Sat Jun 26, 2010 12:45 pm

Tituman wrote:
S70B wrote:

In this case, if the green is a difficult one like a lot of gradients, and if the 1st golfer landed his ball on the green but very far away which looks like sure guarantee 3 putts needed, the rest of the golfers all plays off the green on purpose and waits for him to 3 putt. So the other 3 get $5 right if he 3 putts??? Think thats a plan hahaha ROFL ROFL ROFL

Titu

Thats a strategy...unless you play it together with penalties. Wink
Back to top Go down
golfchowmk
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: GOLF-ing commercially   Sat Jun 26, 2010 12:52 pm

Tituman wrote:
S70B wrote:

Bro Titu. as for we dont look at this way, who landed for a long putt as we try to get as near as possible.$5 is very litte to compare to individual betting. if he par that how & you double bogey you lost 2 stroke hehehee

Titu
Back to top Go down
duffader
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: GOLF-ing commercially   Sat Jun 26, 2010 9:52 pm

For the penalty game, we only play penalties.... so even if the guy 3 putt, he just pay 1 penalty....no need to pay the other players.
Back to top Go down
aural
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: GOLF-ing commercially   Sun Jun 27, 2010 5:52 pm

So everytime I hear the 6-6 or something means what ?
Back to top Go down
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: GOLF-ing commercially   Sun Jun 27, 2010 6:31 pm

golfchowmk wrote:
Tituman wrote:
S70B wrote:

Bro Titu. as for we dont look at this way, who landed for a long putt as we try to get as near as possible.$5 is very litte to compare to individual betting. if he par that how & you double bogey you lost 2 stroke hehehee

Titu

Ha ha I was just kidding la. Where got meaning right?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GOLF-ing commercially   Today at 4:53 pm

Back to top Go down

GOLF-ing commercially
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1