Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.
 
HomeFAQCalendarRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 What's your purpose for playing golf?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer


Posts : 5692
Join date : 2009-06-19
Age : 47
Location : Wild Wild West

PostSubject: Re: What's your purpose for playing golf?   Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:35 pm

Duval_S wrote:
Quote :
Balata wrote:
Purpose



PS- and also the adrenlin rush when your first teeing off in a big crowd....sometimes..i will S*#T on my pants....


hmmmm, will play the flight before you...hahahahaha lol!


almost forgot......as i remember, u still got 2 jugs of beer outstanding


when hor..... or we arrange another game to contra off lor
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor


Posts : 15650
Join date : 2009-06-18
Age : 41
Location : Typically OOB

PostSubject: Re: What's your purpose for playing golf?   Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:35 pm

I wanted to meet friendly folks who enjoy the spirit of the game - then I met Mloy and Kat and I'm paying for my spirit.

_________________
Clearing my Storeroom of golfing goodies. Please help support Smile

"A ball will always come to rest halfway down a hill, unless there is sand or water at the bottom." Henry Beard
Back to top Go down
Genesis
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer


Posts : 185
Join date : 2009-11-01

PostSubject: Re: What's your purpose for playing golf?   Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:35 pm

1. closer to the green grren grass..
2. see bird, monkey, fish and whatever surfaced on the course or pond..
3. chit-chat and TK after the game..
4. love the sun..
5. exercise ...
6. Relax and passion for this sport..
Back to top Go down
mizzy
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 2702
Join date : 2009-12-11
Location : golf club graveyard

PostSubject: Re: What's your purpose for playing golf?   Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:38 pm

Birdman wrote:
Duval_S wrote:
Quote :
Balata wrote:
Purpose



PS- and also the adrenlin rush when your first teeing off in a big crowd....sometimes..i will S*#T on my pants....


hmmmm, will play the flight before you...hahahahaha lol!


Now I know what the brown patches on the course really are! affraid

the worst thing is I keep getting those brown stuff on my balls.... golf balls hor.. I know what some of you are thinking..
Back to top Go down
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer


Posts : 5692
Join date : 2009-06-19
Age : 47
Location : Wild Wild West

PostSubject: Re: What's your purpose for playing golf?   Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:41 pm

Technospaz wrote:
I wanted to meet friendly folks who enjoy the spirit of the game - then I met Mloy and Kat and I'm paying for my spirit.


i tot u wanna be like tiger woods......











and have 14 mistresses.....
Back to top Go down
Balata
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 63
Join date : 2009-09-11

PostSubject: Re: What's your purpose for playing golf?   Mon Jun 28, 2010 3:26 pm


I never expect a growth up man can behave this way........strange feeelings happen the night before .......

1. Excitement - full of pre-game imagination
2. Insomia - just cant sleep....

Silly me.........
Back to top Go down
golfjoy
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1386
Join date : 2010-06-04
Age : 77
Location : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: What's your purpose for playing golf?   Mon Jun 28, 2010 5:37 pm

mizzy wrote:

the worst thing is I keep getting those brown stuff on my balls.... golf balls hor.. I know what some of you are thinking..

I don't know, what brown stuff??

Mud??

Cannot clean off meh?? confused pig
Back to top Go down
golfjoy
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1386
Join date : 2010-06-04
Age : 77
Location : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: What's your purpose for playing golf?   Mon Jun 28, 2010 5:43 pm

Technospaz wrote:
I wanted to meet friendly folks who enjoy the spirit of the game - then I met Mloy and Kat and I'm paying for my spirit.
kekeke ... nice! Cool
I assume by "spirit" u meant alcohol?
Or am I thinking too much liao!?!? Laughing
Back to top Go down
sunny
Greens Committee Member
Greens Committee Member


Posts : 3575
Join date : 2009-06-17
Age : 41

PostSubject: Re: What's your purpose for playing golf?   Mon Jun 28, 2010 5:48 pm

techno, i thought you are paying for their spirit

_________________
We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then, is not an act, but a habit.
Back to top Go down
Http://thescarletibis.wordpress.com
Birdman
Course Marshal
Course Marshal


Posts : 3798
Join date : 2009-10-09
Age : 51
Location : Wherever my feet take me....

PostSubject: Re: What's your purpose for playing golf?   Mon Jun 28, 2010 6:45 pm

slinger wrote:
Technospaz wrote:
I wanted to meet friendly folks who enjoy the spirit of the game - then I met Mloy and Kat and I'm paying for my spirit.


i tot u wanna be like tiger woods.....


and have 14 mistresses.....

There's a fire hydrant in Sentosa Cove with Technospaz's name on it. Now all he needs is an SUV. ROFL
Back to top Go down
Birdman
Course Marshal
Course Marshal


Posts : 3798
Join date : 2009-10-09
Age : 51
Location : Wherever my feet take me....

PostSubject: Re: What's your purpose for playing golf?   Mon Jun 28, 2010 6:54 pm

Genesis wrote:

2. see bird, monkey, fish and whatever surfaced on the course or pond..

Errrr.....

if they surface on the pond and course, wouldn't they be quite dead? scratch

Just kidding... ROFL
Back to top Go down
oned10t
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer


Posts : 582
Join date : 2009-09-15
Location : singapore

PostSubject: Re: What's your purpose for playing golf?   Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:31 pm

golfjoy wrote:
wilkang wrote:
mizzy wrote:
nabezzz... where got pple play 1 round just to eat 1 coconut? eat coconut is the purpose.. play golf is just the excuse

Mizzy also have the habit of offering chicken wings when he gets a birdie.. Laughing

Chicken wings?
I loveeeeeeee chicken wings ... fried ones!

Say... anyone tried out the Super HOT chicken wings at Seletar Camp?
Shall we go one day!!?? HEEE Twisted Evil

may i know where about in seletar camp? canteen just outside the camp or inside?
Back to top Go down
Birdman
Course Marshal
Course Marshal


Posts : 3798
Join date : 2009-10-09
Age : 51
Location : Wherever my feet take me....

PostSubject: Re: What's your purpose for playing golf?   Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:43 pm

golfjoy wrote:


Chicken wings?
I loveeeeeeee chicken wings ... fried ones!

Say... anyone tried out the Super HOT chicken wings at Seletar Camp?
Shall we go one day!!?? HEEE Twisted Evil

I heard about it, was supposed to go try it, but missed out in the end. I wanna go.

This is making me hungry already. Time to leave the office and hunt down my dinner.
Back to top Go down
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer


Posts : 5692
Join date : 2009-06-19
Age : 47
Location : Wild Wild West

PostSubject: Re: What's your purpose for playing golf?   Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:59 pm

Birdman wrote:
slinger wrote:
Technospaz wrote:
I wanted to meet friendly folks who enjoy the spirit of the game - then I met Mloy and Kat and I'm paying for my spirit.


i tot u wanna be like tiger woods.....


and have 14 mistresses.....

There's a fire hydrant in Sentosa Cove with Technospaz's name on it. Now all he needs is an SUV. ROFL



ciao lan kong ciao wei.......

dun be angry hor.... i scared, scared kenna your ciao sai
Back to top Go down
mizzy
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 2702
Join date : 2009-12-11
Location : golf club graveyard

PostSubject: Re: What's your purpose for playing golf?   Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:03 pm

Birdman wrote:
golfjoy wrote:


Chicken wings?
I loveeeeeeee chicken wings ... fried ones!

Say... anyone tried out the Super HOT chicken wings at Seletar Camp?
Shall we go one day!!?? HEEE Twisted Evil

I heard about it, was supposed to go try it, but missed out in the end. I wanna go.

This is making me hungry already. Time to leave the office and hunt down my dinner.

one day must go try.. i only tried the one at jln kayu.. i think its jerry's or something.. buffalo wings.. got damn hot one..

must jio wilkang to go since he so nearby my place..
Back to top Go down
wilkang
Course Marshal
Course Marshal


Posts : 2780
Join date : 2009-10-21
Age : 42

PostSubject: Re: What's your purpose for playing golf?   Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:07 pm

i jio you go bali culture inside seletar.. Laughing

_________________
Golf is a sport to love. To treasure. To cherish.
Back to top Go down
oned10t
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer


Posts : 582
Join date : 2009-09-15
Location : singapore

PostSubject: Re: What's your purpose for playing golf?   Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:11 pm

the nasi ayam penyet there nice arnot? Smile
Back to top Go down
mizzy
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 2702
Join date : 2009-12-11
Location : golf club graveyard

PostSubject: Re: What's your purpose for playing golf?   Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:13 pm

wilkang wrote:
i jio you go bali culture inside seletar.. Laughing

i sense something naughty.. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
wilkang
Course Marshal
Course Marshal


Posts : 2780
Join date : 2009-10-21
Age : 42

PostSubject: Re: What's your purpose for playing golf?   Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:00 pm

I sense that you are sensing the wrong things.. Laughing

_________________
Golf is a sport to love. To treasure. To cherish.
Back to top Go down
Derek
Caddy
Caddy


Posts : 2159
Join date : 2009-10-20

PostSubject: Re: What's your purpose for playing golf?   Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:10 pm

While I can understand why the taxi driver uncle would say that, to me, those are the words of someone who has never tried to pick up the game.

I guess some people do learn to play golf for the purpose of entertaining clients and social networking.

For me, Golf is by far the hardest game I have ever played, yet also one of the fairest games I have ever played. The game is not always won by the youngest, strongest, fastest ... etc. Play to your own strengths, and if everyone is honest about the handicap, you always have a chance.

Even if you have natural talent, great ball striking, great feel, etc ... there is still the mental aspect to consider, the different challenges each course presents

Like Slicer51 mentions, the joy as you improve in the game, as you reach the targets to break 100, 90, 80 ... etc, is incomparable.

At least in Golf, we have a hope to reach a high level in the game that is not directly related to genetics. And a longer time frame to achieve it, as long as there are no serious injuries.


_________________
========================================
What's in the Bag

Driver: Callway X-Hot 10.5 with Fubuki 50S (pulled from a TM Burner SuperFast)
Woods: 19 Deg Callaway X-hot Proj X Stock S Flex
Hybrid: 22 Deg TM SF i70R, Cobra Baffler 25 Deg NS950R
Irons 5-Pw:  Titleist 704 CB NSP950 (Flex Unknown - think it is R)
Wedges: Perry Gear 52 Deg DG S300 and BFG 55 Deg KBS Hi-Rev, Tourstage 60 Deg
Putter: RIFE Antigua Island with Champ Large Grip
Back to top Go down
Birdman
Course Marshal
Course Marshal


Posts : 3798
Join date : 2009-10-09
Age : 51
Location : Wherever my feet take me....

PostSubject: Re: What's your purpose for playing golf?   Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:20 pm

mizzy wrote:
Birdman wrote:
golfjoy wrote:


Chicken wings?
I loveeeeeeee chicken wings ... fried ones!

Say... anyone tried out the Super HOT chicken wings at Seletar Camp?
Shall we go one day!!?? HEEE Twisted Evil

I heard about it, was supposed to go try it, but missed out in the end. I wanna go.

This is making me hungry already. Time to leave the office and hunt down my dinner.

one day must go try.. i only tried the one at jln kayu.. i think its jerry's or something.. buffalo wings.. got damn hot one..

must jio wilkang to go since he so nearby my place..

Count me in also! Never tried being cannibal.

Bird eat bird! affraid
Back to top Go down
Birdman
Course Marshal
Course Marshal


Posts : 3798
Join date : 2009-10-09
Age : 51
Location : Wherever my feet take me....

PostSubject: Re: What's your purpose for playing golf?   Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:22 pm

slinger wrote:
Birdman wrote:
slinger wrote:
Technospaz wrote:
I wanted to meet friendly folks who enjoy the spirit of the game - then I met Mloy and Kat and I'm paying for my spirit.


i tot u wanna be like tiger woods.....


and have 14 mistresses.....

There's a fire hydrant in Sentosa Cove with Technospaz's name on it. Now all he needs is an SUV. ROFL



ciao lan kong ciao wei.......

dun be angry hor.... i scared, scared kenna your ciao sai

Chirpy chirpy cheep cheep, I feel a poot poot coming on!

Slinger, where are you??????? ROFL
Back to top Go down
Balata
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 63
Join date : 2009-09-11

PostSubject: Re: What's your purpose for playing golf?   Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:25 pm

golfjoy wrote:
Just a question a taxi uncle asked me.
I went to the range this afternoon, followed by a movie.
Took a cab home (thought gonna meet some frens, but then ... oh well...*shrugs*)

Anyway, the taxi uncle asked if I was playing golf.
I answered, "Yes." And he told me to watch out of injuries etc.

He then asked me my purpose of playing the sport.
I pondered. "To pass time.", I told him. Laughing


Okie ... too serious a thread huh?
Pardon me lah ... just need to write and share Smile
Have a great Sunday everyone!!
Callaway

Seriously, I think its the same taxi uncle who asked Quan Yi Feng the same question.... hmmm...Yi Feng couldnt take the nonsense and gave him a ""shadowless kick""" Sigh affraid
Back to top Go down
mizzy
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 2702
Join date : 2009-12-11
Location : golf club graveyard

PostSubject: Re: What's your purpose for playing golf?   Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:38 pm

wilkang wrote:
I sense that you are sensing the wrong things.. Laughing

alamak! Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
golfjoy
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1386
Join date : 2010-06-04
Age : 77
Location : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: What's your purpose for playing golf?   Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:54 pm

Genesis wrote:
1. closer to the green grren grass..
2. see bird, monkey, fish and whatever surfaced on the course or pond..
3. chit-chat and TK after the game..
4. love the sun..
5. exercise ...
6. Relax and passion for this sport..

Huh? Don't play golf also can do the above!! tongue pig
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: What's your purpose for playing golf?   Today at 6:27 pm

Back to top Go down
 
What's your purpose for playing golf?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Similar topics
-
» What's your purpose for playing golf?
» How do you Beat the "Summer Heat" while playing Golf?
» Just started playing golf again, how does handicap work?
» Golf in Bangkok. Need advice.
» golf in phnom penh??

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic :: The 19th Hole :: Lounge-
Jump to:  
Friends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf Republic
Copyright © 2009 Golf Republic. All Rights Reserved.