Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.
 
HomeFAQCalendarRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Titleist AP2 710 best!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
7iron
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer


Posts : 225
Join date : 2010-06-23

PostSubject: Titleist AP2 710 best!   Tue Jun 29, 2010 3:43 am

Just bought AP2 710 fitted with project x flighted shaft about 2 month ago. It improved my game a lot and its feel the most nicest club i been using so far. I started with 775.cb as a beginner then to 755 and now AP2. Im a Titleist iron man. Good job, people working at Titleist. Your irons are the best and never dissapoint me. Thanks for all the years you guys making and design good clubs. BRAVO!

Titleist users give some compliment to the guys working at Titleist. Cheers Jump
Back to top Go down
ahdan78
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer


Posts : 329
Join date : 2009-11-08
Age : 38

PostSubject: Re: Titleist AP2 710 best!   Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:24 am

Totally agreed dude! The Ap2 710 clubs r really solid! The feel of it r really outstanding among all other clubs tat I tried b4. Swee!
Back to top Go down
Aloyboy
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 2715
Join date : 2009-09-03
Age : 30
Location : EEEEAAAASSSSTTTTT

PostSubject: Re: Titleist AP2 710 best!   Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:51 am

wah ahdan still awake?
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer


Posts : 8185
Join date : 2009-06-19

PostSubject: Re: Titleist AP2 710 best!   Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:56 am

hey Bro 7iron.......

I also agree...I had seen a few golfers using AP2...and must say, they really played well and swing well...and also have the overall game to back their equipment......kudos
Back to top Go down
ahdan78
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer


Posts : 329
Join date : 2009-11-08
Age : 38

PostSubject: Re: Titleist AP2 710 best!   Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:09 am

Aloyboy wrote:
wah ahdan still awake?

ya, flying off soon. C u guys when bk. Enjoy ur game.
Back to top Go down
scubawun
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer


Posts : 156
Join date : 2010-01-21
Location : Yishun

PostSubject: Re: Titleist AP2 710 best!   Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:37 am

+1 on the AP2 710
Back to top Go down
watermyforrest
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 3248
Join date : 2009-07-17
Age : 41
Location : Serangoon Central

PostSubject: Re: Titleist AP2 710 best!   Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:38 pm

7iron wrote:
Titleist users give some compliment to the guys working at Titleist.

Agreed!!! still gaming my 775CB... easy to hit with decent distance and most importantly enough feedback.
Cheers Jump
Back to top Go down
Denis
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer


Posts : 233
Join date : 2009-11-22

PostSubject: Re: Titleist AP2 710 best!   Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:11 am

Titleist
Back to top Go down
hillgreen
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer


Posts : 643
Join date : 2009-07-10

PostSubject: Re: Titleist AP2 710 best!   Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:21 am


Hi, can ask you what is the diff bet 775cb and AP2 since you had both before.

Appreciate your comments.... thanks..


7iron wrote:
Just bought AP2 710 fitted with project x flighted shaft about 2 month ago. It improved my game a lot and its feel the most nicest club i been using so far. I started with 775.cb as a beginner then to 755 and now AP2. Im a Titleist iron man. Good job, people working at Titleist. Your irons are the best and never dissapoint me. Thanks for all the years you guys making and design good clubs. BRAVO!

Titleist users give some compliment to the guys working at Titleist. Cheers Jump
Back to top Go down
Lipp
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer


Posts : 229
Join date : 2010-04-20

PostSubject: Re: Titleist AP2 710 best!   Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:27 am

Hi, can anyone advise what is the main difference between AP1 and AP2. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
peace2903
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer


Posts : 889
Join date : 2009-07-02

PostSubject: Re: Titleist AP2 710 best!   Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:14 am

Think nthe main difference is PRICE!!! hahahah Very Happy
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal


Posts : 10361
Join date : 2009-12-19
Age : 39

PostSubject: Re: Titleist AP2 710 best!   Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:29 pm

watermyforrest wrote:
7iron wrote:
Titleist users give some compliment to the guys working at Titleist.

Agreed!!! still gaming my 775CB... easy to hit with decent distance and most importantly enough feedback.
Cheers Jump

Bro, 775 forged set right? Soft feel? Swing
Back to top Go down
hillgreen
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer


Posts : 643
Join date : 2009-07-10

PostSubject: Re: Titleist AP2 710 best!   Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:33 pm



77cb is a forged set just like AP2...

In terms of softness, i feel that Mizuno is softer than 775cb.
Back to top Go down
S70B
Course Marshal
Course Marshal


Posts : 5118
Join date : 2009-06-18
Location : Home sweat home...

PostSubject: Re: Titleist AP2 710 best!   Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:55 pm

hillgreen wrote:


77cb is a forged set just like AP2...

In terms of softness, i feel that Mizuno is softer than 775cb.

Both 775cb and 710 AP2s are forged but are of different materials.

775cb is forged 410 Stainless Steel.

710 AP2 is forged 1025 Carbon Steel body with a tungsten nickel sole and a molded elastomer/aluminium cavity plate.

There is a diff so they wun feel the same.


Mizunos are mostly 1025/E carbon steels.

Whats the diff? read this thread:

http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/63414-forging-process-what-you-should-know/

Back to top Go down
Slicer51
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 2449
Join date : 2010-05-29
Age : 59
Location : Surabaya

PostSubject: Re: Titleist AP2 710 best!   Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:59 pm

Lipp wrote:
Hi, can anyone advise what is the main difference between AP1 and AP2. Thanks.

I am using AP1 and I ever asked the same question before. This is what the person from Titleist told me;

Briefly, the key difference lies within the construction of the club. The AP1 has a cast stainless steel body while the AP2 has a forged 1025 carbon steel body - resulting in a softer feel.

As the AP1 is designed with the avid golfer (I would say about a 18-handicap) in mind, it produces a slightly higher ballflight (compared to the AP2), less workability (resulting in straighter ballflight).

With a slightly larger club head, the AP1 is also more forgiving as compared to the AP2. Design wise, the AP2 has a thinner topline that is preferred by the better players.

Smile
Back to top Go down
duffader
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer


Posts : 5599
Join date : 2010-01-28

PostSubject: Re: Titleist AP2 710 best!   Sat Jul 03, 2010 9:31 am

Slicer51 wrote:
Lipp wrote:
Hi, can anyone advise what is the main difference between AP1 and AP2. Thanks.

I am using AP1 and I ever asked the same question before. This is what the person from Titleist told me;

Briefly, the key difference lies within the construction of the club. The AP1 has a cast stainless steel body while the AP2 has a forged 1025 carbon steel body - resulting in a softer feel.

As the AP1 is designed with the avid golfer (I would say about a 18-handicap) in mind, it produces a slightly higher ballflight (compared to the AP2), less workability (resulting in straighter ballflight).

With a slightly larger club head, the AP1 is also more forgiving as compared to the AP2. Design wise, the AP2 has a thinner topline that is preferred by the better players.

Smile

I think AP1 is a set of good clubs too. If you hit it sweet, i dun think there is any difference between cast or forged. I am a AP2 owner and i have seen a top local pro shaping his shots like a blade on a set of AP1s. So bottom line still lies with your swing.
Back to top Go down
Slicer51
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 2449
Join date : 2010-05-29
Age : 59
Location : Surabaya

PostSubject: Re: Titleist AP2 710 best!   Sat Jul 03, 2010 3:17 pm

duffader wrote:


I think AP1 is a set of good clubs too. If you hit it sweet, i dun think there is any difference between cast or forged. I am a AP2 owner and i have seen a top local pro shaping his shots like a blade on a set of AP1s. So bottom line still lies with your swing.

Thanks for the infor. I am looking forward for the day that I am comfortable to use AP2 set. In the meantime, stick with my AP1 until I can swing more consistence and maybe learn to shape a bit heee Embarassed Smile
Back to top Go down
dreamer
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer


Posts : 623
Join date : 2011-03-02
Location : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: Titleist AP2 710 best!   Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:46 pm

Just got a set of AP2 710 from a bro on the forum.
Really enjoy it.
Look good at address, good feel (although I think Mizuno still softer) and most importantly, forgiving.

I used a lot of irons, somehow always go back to forged irons.
Just feel that their feel is better.

Cheers.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Titleist AP2 710 best!   Today at 6:24 pm

Back to top Go down
 
Titleist AP2 710 best!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Titleist Tour Issued Satin MBs
» Titleist 910 Demo
» I have a titleist stand bag with some issues.
» Titleist 909 D2 Driver ,any review
» Titleist & Scotty Cameron Being Sold Off?

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic :: Golf Academy :: Tips & Tricks-
Jump to:  
Friends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf Republic
Copyright © 2009 Golf Republic. All Rights Reserved.