Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeFAQCalendarRegisterLog in

Share | 

where to buy used golf balls for beginner?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
lionwoods
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: where to buy used golf balls for beginner?   Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:15 pm

Going to the green first time. Can any bro advise where to buy used golf balls?
Thanks a lot!
Back to top Go down
hardrock
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: where to buy used golf balls for beginner?   Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:16 pm

you can go fareast shopping center or mandai executive range
Back to top Go down
poresia
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: where to buy used golf balls for beginner?   Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:26 pm

can also got tradehub n buy from Raymond. he has cheap balls at S$0.30 cts each
Back to top Go down
ralphlim
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: where to buy used golf balls for beginner?   Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:02 pm

If you work in town area, you can drop by Keppel Club, hole 3 rain shelter, its on the way into the club, along Bukit Chermin zebra crossing....

from Tues-Fri, got Ah Bung (malay for Brudder) there selling used golf balls, 1 bag (20 balls), 10 bucks i think... got many brands to choose from...

Back to top Go down
JohnBGLee
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: where to buy used golf balls for beginner?   Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:00 pm

poresia wrote:
can also got tradehub n buy from Raymond. he has cheap balls at S$0.30 cts each

Level 6. Inner Block. There is a Big carpark infront of the building.
Get a stool and sit down. Pick your balls.
Cool
Back to top Go down
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: where to buy used golf balls for beginner?   Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:05 pm

ralphlim wrote:
If you work in town area, you can drop by Keppel Club, hole 3 rain shelter, its on the way into the club, along Bukit Chermin zebra crossing....

from Tues-Fri, got Ah Bung (malay for Brudder) there selling used golf balls, 1 bag (20 balls), 10 bucks i think... got many brands to choose from...

TradeHub Raymond $10 bucks can get 30 balls. You can select shiny shiny one as beginner, you don't have to care about brands. He opens from around 3 pm to 9.30 pm.
Back to top Go down
lionwoods
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: where to buy used golf balls for beginner?   Sun Jul 04, 2010 10:56 pm

Tituman wrote:
ralphlim wrote:

TradeHub Raymond $10 bucks can get 30 balls. You can select shiny shiny one as beginner, you don't have to care about brands. He opens from around 3 pm to 9.30 pm.
Is the TradeHub located at Jurong?
Back to top Go down
golfchowmk
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: where to buy used golf balls for beginner?   Sun Jul 04, 2010 11:15 pm

lionwoods wrote:
Tituman wrote:
ralphlim wrote:

Ya, is somewhre jurong east.
Back to top Go down
lionwoods
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: where to buy used golf balls for beginner?   Mon Jul 05, 2010 9:48 pm

golfchowmk wrote:
lionwoods wrote:
Tituman wrote:
ralphlim wrote:

Ya, is somewhre jurong east.
Thanks a lot. will go to Tradehub to pick balls.....
Back to top Go down
X-Man
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: where to buy used golf balls for beginner?   Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:06 pm

I used to get my golf balls at Mandai Exec...
Back to top Go down
protyne
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: where to buy used golf balls for beginner?   Tue Jul 06, 2010 3:07 pm

A lil outta topic but still on the topic of balls....for a beginner whom can hit straight at the range but first time on the green playing 18 holes, whats a "good" or "safe" number of balls to carry? Embarassed
Back to top Go down
joleelyn
Course Marshal
Course Marshal

PostSubject: Re: where to buy used golf balls for beginner?   Tue Jul 06, 2010 3:09 pm

hey protyne: i used to carry as many as my bag could take. =D and urm. i actually go home with just a few left.. hahaa.

Urm.. 10?

Greens Committee Member
Greens Committee Member

PostSubject: Re: where to buy used golf balls for beginner?   Tue Jul 06, 2010 3:12 pm

i heard ppl losing 20 balls

so....carry more...i lose 4-5 balls in my first game at palm villa. All to water

protyne
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: where to buy used golf balls for beginner?   Tue Jul 06, 2010 3:48 pm

Hi guys, the numbers you quotes mentioned was not what I expected. I thought of carrying at least 20 considering would prolly lose 1 per hole Haha
Back to top Go down
sunny
Greens Committee Member
Greens Committee Member

PostSubject: Re: where to buy used golf balls for beginner?   Tue Jul 06, 2010 3:52 pm

depending on the course, you may lose a lot more balls than expected.....

if it has few water like palm villa, it is quite safe. Horizon hills got lots of water.

At places like Poresia where there are thick rough where you can lose balls, losing 20 balls is a big possibility.

joleelyn
Course Marshal
Course Marshal

PostSubject: Re: where to buy used golf balls for beginner?   Tue Jul 06, 2010 4:36 pm

follow me. bring as many as u can in your bag=)...

got urm.. 'sense of security' also. eh. dun laugh... really makes a diff lor. Razz

Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: where to buy used golf balls for beginner?   Tue Jul 06, 2010 4:46 pm

then palm springs batam is considered easy, normal or difficult??

anyway so far i tink i lost about 5 - 8 balls bah when i go course... cos dist so short, ball will b able to see... only cham at those water hazard area where my ball position is half way there n will sure jus " bounce into the water lor... somehow like purposely throw 1 ball into the water jus to drop another ball near the water to clear it... sounds stupid but tat the thing i do lei... Smile
Back to top Go down
nrafee
Caddy
Caddy

PostSubject: Re: where to buy used golf balls for beginner?   Tue Jul 06, 2010 4:56 pm

palm spring batam, resort and island course quite safe. not much water..

ball loss rate not scary even for beginner like me.. :p

Back to top Go down
yuki
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: where to buy used golf balls for beginner?   Tue Jul 06, 2010 4:59 pm

oki, good to hear that... else i tink i need to buy lots of balls le....
Back to top Go down
lawrencelawrence
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: where to buy used golf balls for beginner?   Thu May 10, 2012 5:49 pm

check this site u will love it , very reliable n reputable.

www.thelearnigtee.com

and if u have doubts b4 ordering , clik this link ,

http://www.thelearningtee.com/pages/On-Used-Golf-Balls.html

Best is they have free delivery at certain amt of purchased.

Question
Back to top Go down
scottycollector
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: where to buy used golf balls for beginner?   Thu May 10, 2012 6:01 pm

the pro shop at bishan driving range (right next to the counter where you top up your range card) sells decent balls at reasonable prices. I think 10 used Srixon AD333 for $7. In pretty good condition.
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: where to buy used golf balls for beginner?   Thu May 10, 2012 7:23 pm

Actually depending where u playing. Most of the courses here got quite a fair share of water hazards. I remembered playing with someone 1st time on course, he actually brought only 2 balls on course, good thing is we managed to get him some later or else, I doubt he got anymore left after 2 holes.

Back to topic, I think keppel is good.
Back to top Go down
PowerT
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: where to buy used golf balls for beginner?   Tue May 29, 2012 10:26 am

try this ebay store, just search store by Golfastore for good and used golfball

$6 courier delivery to your doorstep daily. 10 % off all listed items in the month of June Great Singapore Sale!!. cheers
Back to top Go down
shimizu.toruk
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: where to buy used golf balls for beginner?   Tue May 29, 2012 10:31 am

PowerT wrote:
try this ebay store, just search store by Golfastore for good and used golfball

$6 courier delivery to your doorstep daily. 10 % off all listed items in the month of June Great Singapore Sale!!. cheers

Errrm...they are listing any stuff for sale. Business too good and all sold out perhaps?
Back to top Go down
Starbucks
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: where to buy used golf balls for beginner?   Tue May 29, 2012 10:40 am

I recommend this Singapore seller in eBay. Fast deliver at ur door step.
Look at this on eBay:

50 Assorted Brands Golf Ball FIRST/BUSINESS CLASS (Wilson, MaxFli, Dunlop etc)

http://bit.ly/KYZglN
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: where to buy used golf balls for beginner?   Today at 9:11 am

Back to top Go down

where to buy used golf balls for beginner?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next