Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeFAQCalendarRegisterLog in

Share | 

Great to have met you guys today at the den

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Birdman
Course Marshal
Course Marshal

PostSubject: Re: Great to have met you guys today at the den   Sun Jul 04, 2010 8:35 am

slinger wrote:
eiji wrote:
i saw that he already put one aside for BIRD MAN written on the box

thats the one that i drop.... bounce

HELP affraid affraid affraid affraid HELP
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal

PostSubject: Re: Great to have met you guys today at the den   Sun Jul 04, 2010 12:15 pm

eiji wrote:
as usual reserve one mid mallet for me...color undecided, let me see if i like the bronze on the zac

Eiji, the few of us had started a pre order list already I.e the usual suspects. Check with Frostee. lol!

Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Great to have met you guys today at the den   Sun Jul 04, 2010 12:26 pm

i think the suspect list is getting longer...the putter was tested for under 2 hours and we had like 7 bookings already.

uncle cheong and the sim lim kopi towkay were quick off the block.

i told Nick about the response, he was not surprised but was very pleased with the response to the bronze.

i wonder which pro will pick that up at the Open? At least you guys can boast that you tried it out first.

DGman
Back to top Go down
http://www.bigfishes.com
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal

PostSubject: Re: Great to have met you guys today at the den   Sun Jul 04, 2010 12:40 pm

All thanks to you for the bragging rights. Very Happy

Last edited by asahi on Sun Jul 04, 2010 3:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
eiji
Course Marshal
Course Marshal

PostSubject: Re: Great to have met you guys today at the den   Sun Jul 04, 2010 1:37 pm

buy 3 zen putter got free zen bag issit? tongue

Adams A12 Pro 23* GD Tour AD UT85 R
Callaway X Hot Pro 5-PW PX95 5.5
Titleist SM4 50*, 54*, 58* DG Spinner
Scotty Studio Select 2012 Golo 33"
Back to top Go down
http://www.idealparts.com.sg
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal

PostSubject: Re: Great to have met you guys today at the den   Sun Jul 04, 2010 2:08 pm

hmmm.....now that's an idea. keke Very Happy

Now, to continue my previous post......was cut off by dead iphone battery while queuing for lorong ah soo lor mee.

Was great that we could test the ZIM putter before it'd be flown to the Open. The ZIM is such a marvellous putter that I dun mind getting poisoned all over again. In fact, it was so poisonous that ghook, yarra and moi were devising plans to 'smuggle' it out of the Den!

From the time I was shown the mould, I knew this was smtg special and had made my mind to get it, by hook or by crook (oops). Having tried it yesterday, the feel in its entirety is just smooth and apt in terms of weighting and aiming. Aesthetically, this is such a beauty that I'd rate it as a Lambo in the world of putters.

Being the novice that I am, I'd leave it to the boss to extoll on the technical aspects of this wonderful poison. Very Happy

@birdman & ghook, kopi session at the Den?
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Great to have met you guys today at the den   Sun Jul 04, 2010 2:21 pm

be there in 40 minutes...the beef burgundy is safely in the oven...stew over a slow temp for 4 hours.

by the time i reach home, its ready for the gluttons!

DGman
Back to top Go down
http://www.bigfishes.com
TObe
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Great to have met you guys today at the den   Sun Jul 04, 2010 7:45 pm

Many thanks for the putter Eric! Never imagined that I could take it home on the same day, yest! It looks and feels awesome and I still can't bear to to take out the plastic wrapping while using it on my putting mat... jeeezzz...

well, thanks and no thanks for the poison..... blew over 1k on golf in stuff in just one week... omg... can't imagine if i succumbed to the diamana red board for the R9 3wood...

p.s. nice to have met the other awesome dudes at the den too.. way too pro for me to feel adequate of my pathetic golf skills/knowledge.. haha.. cheers!

-Ivan
Back to top Go down
ghoonk
Honorary Landscaper
Honorary Landscaper

PostSubject: Re: Great to have met you guys today at the den   Sun Jul 04, 2010 8:13 pm

Oh, so you're TObe! enjoy the putter, but don't forget the Redboard - it seems to play well for you!
Back to top Go down
ghoonk
Honorary Landscaper
Honorary Landscaper

PostSubject: Re: Great to have met you guys today at the den   Sun Jul 04, 2010 8:21 pm

@asahi - today cannot, spending day with dad cos it's his bday. Won't be able to go down to the den tomorrow as well as I have a full day (half of which would be spent hopefully playing golf instead of hiding under shelter waiting for showers to pass!)
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal

PostSubject: Re: Great to have met you guys today at the den   Sun Jul 04, 2010 9:59 pm

Haha......dun worry dude. All water used up over the weekend.
Will be fine and dandy tmr. Happy golfing! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
TObe
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Great to have met you guys today at the den   Sun Jul 04, 2010 11:55 pm

haha, thx Ghoonk. I will try to keep my discipline and not bust the bank tt fast... haha.. used the 3 wood once today in the bunker and was pretty decent... really nice flight as the ball just deflected of the clubface, piercing the sky. was quite impressed by my lucky shot.. heh. will monitor awhile longer b4 deciding what's to happen next.

enjoy your games ya?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Great to have met you guys today at the den   Today at 1:42 pm

Back to top Go down

Great to have met you guys today at the den
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2