Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.
 
HomeFAQCalendarRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Help Ladies!!! How to swing further???

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
joleelyn
Course Marshal
Course Marshal


Posts : 1549
Join date : 2009-10-02
Location : in my lil' head.

PostSubject: Re: Help Ladies!!! How to swing further???   Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:30 am

golfdiva wrote:

Wah.. you are my idol.. and hmm... now we have another buayee lurking around ... lol!

no la. i'm not a buayee..=p haven been on the course for about 4 yrs.

_________________
"Some days, the whole world seems upside down. And then somehow, and probably, and when you least expect it, the world rights itself again."-- Grey's Anatomy
Back to top Go down
yuki
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer


Posts : 659
Join date : 2010-03-10

PostSubject: Re: Help Ladies!!! How to swing further???   Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:33 am

joleelyn wrote:
you may not be hitting the 'sweet spot'...

in any case, i agree with golf diva. distance is not that impt for us since our red tee boxes are generally much further in front.

there was once i took up the challenge of using 7iron all the way. and yes. i beat the guys.. hahaha=)...

Also, I have come to conclusion that i may not hit as far as them. But i will make up for it by being accurate. =)...(its also called lazy for not hitting the gym)

in any case, i have the same prob as u: the differenc ein distance of my pw n 7i is only 10m. =p

yup, e distance of all my clubs is the same... tat makes me wan to jus carry my PW, driver, putter will do... light n easy... lol!

will practice more, play more to gain my accuracy and distance... Smile
Back to top Go down
golfdiva
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer


Posts : 114
Join date : 2009-07-06

PostSubject: Re: Help Ladies!!! How to swing further???   Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:34 am

[quote="yuki"]
golfdiva wrote:

i only recently start jogging (i hate jogging)... but tink i start jogging is jus trying to slim down.. haha...


hahaha You hit the nail on the head!! tats my primary motivation too. But it helps to strengthen leg mucles which is helpful in golf so why not.

but I'm slowing down too cos' im a busy working mum and my eldest will be going Pr 1 nxt yr... so may be cutting down on golf oso..

The onli reason why i can sit and type today is becos i'm on mc. pig





Back to top Go down
yuki
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer


Posts : 659
Join date : 2010-03-10

PostSubject: Re: Help Ladies!!! How to swing further???   Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:37 am

aural wrote:
Actually i think her worries are more of variations in the distance of the various clubs rather than just distance as itself. Just got to get yourself and the clubs merged as one and you can do wonders with them. If you coach prescribed you strength training then you should add more timing into that aspect.

actually not tat ambitious to get far distance for my diff irons.. .jus tat keep finding it so strange tat all similar distance n wondering wat can b done to at least see some difference...
Back to top Go down
sandkie
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer


Posts : 402
Join date : 2010-03-01
Age : 36
Location : Near Boon Lay MRT

PostSubject: Re: Help Ladies!!! How to swing further???   Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:38 am

I am not good at golf and not a lady... But I observed this on some of my female golfer friend (beginner)..

Like you they hit about the same distance for pw even up to 7 iron. I am talking about carry distance here. But the ball flight is lower as the iron goes longer so their actual distance is longer. But of course this is still not the good example.

I realize as the iron gets longer they want to hit harder hence not hitting at the sweet spot. I suggest to ask people to trick you... (e.g. passing you 8 iron but say it is PW). But you also must not look at the club...

Because in theory we should swing the same power but let the club do the distance. In practice, I myself cannot do it
Back to top Go down
yuki
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer


Posts : 659
Join date : 2010-03-10

PostSubject: Re: Help Ladies!!! How to swing further???   Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:42 am

wilkang wrote:
Eiji..weak wrist in Yuki's case is not strong enough to maintain the flatness.
Too much flipping.What a Face

Yuki..the ladies have given pretty sound advice.
Distance will come and it's a matter of time when you are more seasoned.
Accuracy is more important.

And get more exposure on the green if possible.
It will slowly but surely changed your mental approach to the game.

yup yup... heeding the ladies advice n work towards tat... Smile

on green i normally will in e end top e ball n e ball will b rolling instead of flying.. Crying or Very sad
so going green everytime will jus make me feel so demoralised...
Back to top Go down
weesern
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1594
Join date : 2009-06-21

PostSubject: Re: Help Ladies!!! How to swing further???   Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:49 am

We always feel that we need to swing faster/harder for longer irons... end up we dun hit them properly. I will tell myself to swing the same as my 8 iron for my 5 iron...

Do you usually hit the mat or just the ball only??
Back to top Go down
Ron Lee
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer


Posts : 184
Join date : 2010-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Help Ladies!!! How to swing further???   Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:50 am

what Right Sided Coach said abt heavier clubs is true. and thanks to DGman, i hve switched to heavier shafts even thou i was reluctant at first. using heavier clubs hve helped me stablize my flight dispersion and resulted in consistency and a lower score. however, for your S2, you said u felt it was heavier. is it the swing weight higher, or the overall club weight? it cld be the S2 has a higher swing weight where u can feel the weight of the clubhead more. the overall S2 club weight may not hve increased much compared with your old clubs.

on power, you need to understand that power comes from the hips and not arms. use the arms to create a larger swing path/radius and use your hips to drive the club to generate more club head speed. of cos, this is only applicable when u r consistent in ball striking. hitting a ball with the club toe with a high club head speed will not help Smile


yuki wrote:
Right_sided_coach wrote:
Interesting question as yesterday I solved a similar problem with the help of DGMan. My student had the same problem. All clubs going same distance with the irons. Her Driver and woods were significantly longer in comparsion to the irons. After a visit to Big Fish and using the trackman, we tested a few different clubs with different shafts and weights. A noticeable difference was seen by using a heavier club than she was using. The gaps between the different irons increased to around 10 meters and her 7 iron went from 55m carry to 80+ m carry. It confirmed to me that the correct technique combined with the correct equipment will enhance your distance and improve your game. Contrary to most peoples belief, a lighter club is not always the best option for ladies with low strength and power. Maybe DGMan can step in and explain better

I haven learn how to use e driver yet but i tried before n at least driver will be slightly further.

I just bought the Cobra S2 irons which i felt it heavier but i tink is my wrist weak too... still trying to get used to the weight n club. When i improve my swing, will definitely visit the den n get poison... Smile
Back to top Go down
yuki
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer


Posts : 659
Join date : 2010-03-10

PostSubject: Re: Help Ladies!!! How to swing further???   Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:53 am

joleelyn wrote:
golfdiva wrote:

Wah.. you are my idol.. and hmm... now we have another buayee lurking around ... lol!

no la. i'm not a buayee..=p haven been on the course for about 4 yrs.

Why 4 years nv go course le?
Back to top Go down
joleelyn
Course Marshal
Course Marshal


Posts : 1549
Join date : 2009-10-02
Location : in my lil' head.

PostSubject: Re: Help Ladies!!! How to swing further???   Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:54 am

poor student..=)

_________________
"Some days, the whole world seems upside down. And then somehow, and probably, and when you least expect it, the world rights itself again."-- Grey's Anatomy
Back to top Go down
yuki
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer


Posts : 659
Join date : 2010-03-10

PostSubject: Re: Help Ladies!!! How to swing further???   Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:57 am

[quote="golfdiva"]
yuki wrote:
golfdiva wrote:

i only recently start jogging (i hate jogging)... but tink i start jogging is jus trying to slim down.. haha...


hahaha You hit the nail on the head!! tats my primary motivation too. But it helps to strengthen leg mucles which is helpful in golf so why not.

but I'm slowing down too cos' im a busy working mum and my eldest will be going Pr 1 nxt yr... so may be cutting down on golf oso..

The onli reason why i can sit and type today is becos i'm on mc. pig


wow... impressive... with kids n working still can do so many exercises ah... Cheers Jump

only run once a week still trying to overcome the mentally battle...

oh sick ah... rest well n take care... flower
Back to top Go down
yuki
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer


Posts : 659
Join date : 2010-03-10

PostSubject: Re: Help Ladies!!! How to swing further???   Tue Jul 06, 2010 12:01 pm

taskie wrote:

Because in theory we should swing the same power but let the club do the distance. In practice, I myself cannot do it

Ya, i swing same power... so end up same distance.. ROFL
Back to top Go down
aural
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer


Posts : 319
Join date : 2010-04-12
Age : 38
Location : Toa Payoh

PostSubject: Re: Help Ladies!!! How to swing further???   Tue Jul 06, 2010 1:03 pm

yuki wrote:
taskie wrote:

Because in theory we should swing the same power but let the club do the distance. In practice, I myself cannot do it

Ya, i swing same power... so end up same distance.. ROFL

Think pretty common for many shorter irons we hit softer causing a "lag" in our downswing. Longer irons or clubs we think shld go further we swing harder and at times even rush our tempo. I'm trying to work on this too.
Back to top Go down
tims
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 5
Join date : 2010-07-01

PostSubject: Re: Help Ladies!!! How to swing further???   Tue Jul 06, 2010 1:27 pm

Hi yuki, i have a similar problem in that my 7-4 iron distances are very close compared to my P-8. maybe the cause of the problem is not the same but here's my experience:

Last time at the range i always practice my 7 iron more than other clubs so i hit it with more confidence and hence make better contact. whereas lack of practice on my longer irons, as well as because they are harder to hit than shorter irons cause me to make poor contact with them.

now when i go to the range i try to practice while switching clubs and targets often. have been improving so far!
Back to top Go down
blee67
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer


Posts : 5410
Join date : 2009-12-05
Location : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: Help Ladies!!! How to swing further???   Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:02 pm

joleelyn wrote:
poor student..=)

ROFL buaya...
Back to top Go down
yuki
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer


Posts : 659
Join date : 2010-03-10

PostSubject: Re: Help Ladies!!! How to swing further???   Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:21 pm

weesern wrote:
We always feel that we need to swing faster/harder for longer irons... end up we dun hit them properly. I will tell myself to swing the same as my 8 iron for my 5 iron...

Do you usually hit the mat or just the ball only??

Both....

If my swing is correct n i remember to pull all the way thru the ball, then won't hit the mat..
Back to top Go down
weesern
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1594
Join date : 2009-06-21

PostSubject: Re: Help Ladies!!! How to swing further???   Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:53 pm

sounds like you always hit behind the ball...
Back to top Go down
joleelyn
Course Marshal
Course Marshal


Posts : 1549
Join date : 2009-10-02
Location : in my lil' head.

PostSubject: Re: Help Ladies!!! How to swing further???   Tue Jul 06, 2010 3:04 pm

wah liao. i from buayee become buaya. =p
urm let's just say i'd rather spend whatever money I have now on food.

k la. yuki. here's my reason: i'm currently studying overseas. plus no more home club hahaa...too old le.

_________________
"Some days, the whole world seems upside down. And then somehow, and probably, and when you least expect it, the world rights itself again."-- Grey's Anatomy
Back to top Go down
aural
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer


Posts : 319
Join date : 2010-04-12
Age : 38
Location : Toa Payoh

PostSubject: Re: Help Ladies!!! How to swing further???   Tue Jul 06, 2010 3:08 pm

weesern wrote:
sounds like you always hit behind the ball...

My coach keep telling me to "hit" the mat, i cannot just cleanly hit the ball without scrapping the mat at all.
Is that what you mean.
Back to top Go down
weesern
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1594
Join date : 2009-06-21

PostSubject: Re: Help Ladies!!! How to swing further???   Tue Jul 06, 2010 3:29 pm

Hit mat also must hit the correct part of the mat in relation to the ball...

if u hit the mat behind the ball... the club will start losing speed... so equals to poor contact and lose distance.... if this happen when u hitting on grass.... the grass may fly further than the ball...

Back to top Go down
blee67
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer


Posts : 5410
Join date : 2009-12-05
Location : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: Help Ladies!!! How to swing further???   Tue Jul 06, 2010 3:45 pm

A pro mentioned to me once before that when practicing on the range, you need to hear 2 sound, the first would be the club hitting the ball first followed by the club hitting the mat/ground.
Back to top Go down
yuki
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer


Posts : 659
Join date : 2010-03-10

PostSubject: Re: Help Ladies!!! How to swing further???   Tue Jul 06, 2010 3:53 pm

Ron Lee wrote:
what Right Sided Coach said abt heavier clubs is true. and thanks to DGman, i hve switched to heavier shafts even thou i was reluctant at first. using heavier clubs hve helped me stablize my flight dispersion and resulted in consistency and a lower score. however, for your S2, you said u felt it was heavier. is it the swing weight higher, or the overall club weight? it cld be the S2 has a higher swing weight where u can feel the weight of the clubhead more. the overall S2 club weight may not hve increased much compared with your old clubs.

on power, you need to understand that power comes from the hips and not arms. use the arms to create a larger swing path/radius and use your hips to drive the club to generate more club head speed. of cos, this is only applicable when u r consistent in ball striking. hitting a ball with the club toe with a high club head speed will not help Smile


i can feel e clubhead weight more... still trying to get used to it.. Cobra Smiley

okok, will try more on the hips turning as i saw from the golf channel teaching tat... haven try...
Back to top Go down
yuki
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer


Posts : 659
Join date : 2010-03-10

PostSubject: Re: Help Ladies!!! How to swing further???   Tue Jul 06, 2010 4:14 pm

tims wrote:
Hi yuki, i have a similar problem in that my 7-4 iron distances are very close compared to my P-8. maybe the cause of the problem is not the same but here's my experience:

Last time at the range i always practice my 7 iron more than other clubs so i hit it with more confidence and hence make better contact. whereas lack of practice on my longer irons, as well as because they are harder to hit than shorter irons cause me to make poor contact with them.

now when i go to the range i try to practice while switching clubs and targets often. have been improving so far!

last time i only use PW and 7 iron to practice... then 7 iron in e end same distance as PW.. So end up everytime practice my swing with PW only..

till now abit confident on my swing n wan to try it on the other irons... then affraid all same distance... so it like i bought e whole set of irons in e end i actually need 1 iron will do... ROFL ROFL
Back to top Go down
yuki
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer


Posts : 659
Join date : 2010-03-10

PostSubject: Re: Help Ladies!!! How to swing further???   Tue Jul 06, 2010 4:18 pm

joleelyn wrote:
wah liao. i from buayee become buaya. =p
urm let's just say i'd rather spend whatever money I have now on food.

k la. yuki. here's my reason: i'm currently studying overseas. plus no more home club hahaa...too old le.

i see... still at overseas studying... err... What a Face 22 old then we cham liao... affraid
Back to top Go down
yuki
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer


Posts : 659
Join date : 2010-03-10

PostSubject: Re: Help Ladies!!! How to swing further???   Tue Jul 06, 2010 4:20 pm

blee2007 wrote:
A pro mentioned to me once before that when practicing on the range, you need to hear 2 sound, the first would be the club hitting the ball first followed by the club hitting the mat/ground.

i hear the reverse sounds... White Flag
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Help Ladies!!! How to swing further???   Today at 3:54 am

Back to top Go down
 
Help Ladies!!! How to swing further???
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Mizuno or Taylormade for Ladies Beginner?
» The Honda Classic - Pros' (and Celeb) Swing Videos
» Is the swing different when using iron, wood and driver?
» Back Swing
» Ladies club feels and hit better, is it me or is it normal?

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic :: Golf Academy :: Tips & Tricks-
Jump to:  
Friends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf Republic
Copyright © 2009 Golf Republic. All Rights Reserved.