Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeFAQCalendarRegisterLog in

Share | 

PING i15 w/ Kajiki 70

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Yarra
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: PING i15 w/ Kajiki 70   Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:41 pm

I am one of those guys who always struggle to hit a fairway wood, let alone a 3 wood. I even replaced my 5 wood with a 19° hybrid.

Cut the story short, I am lucky enough to get a tour-issue PING i15 14° out of the Den with a cool-looking Kajiki proto installed.

Man I swear it is one of the easiest 3 wood I've ever hit in my life. I got 2 fairway woods: a Tour Edge Exotic CB2 with Matrix Ozik Altus and an Adams 3446-F with Matrix Ozik HD8. The CB2 is really great off the tee but forget about hitting it off the deck! While the Adams 3446-F is great off the deck but lacking distance off the tee.

This i15-Kajiki combo is surely a 'hybrid' between the CB2 and 3446-F. It is so easy to control off the deck and gives me respectable distance off the tee! I have never got such pleasure hitting a 3 wood. So easy, so predictable and so consistent!

Most importantly, the cosmetics of both shaft and head suit my eyes well. It looks so good at address being so 'old-school'.

So, I guess I found what I think is the replacement to my old, trusty 07 Burner 3 wood. Now I think I might need to sell off my CB2. Wink
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: PING i15 w/ Kajiki 70   Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:56 pm

Yarra i think you are just biased and love anything that has a K on it...

that is not an easy head to handle and i am happy that the trackman figures is the same as your course performance..at the end of the day is your confidence.

have fun and i am happy that the I15 has found a very good home in jakarta.

DGman
Back to top Go down
http://www.bigfishes.com
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy

PostSubject: Re: PING i15 w/ Kajiki 70   Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:13 pm

i remember this club hanging around the den! no one could launch it except pro Tendy if I remember correctly..congrats e!
Back to top Go down
Yarra
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: PING i15 w/ Kajiki 70   Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:52 pm

DGman wrote:

that is not an easy head to handle and i am happy that the trackman figures is the same as your course performance..at the end of the day is your confidence.

have fun and i am happy that the I15 has found a very good home in jakarta.

DGman

DGman,

No, I am not biased towards the 'K'. I might be bias towards anything that bear the aura of a one-off prototype, being a ho. Razz Hey, don't blame me. THe aura just gives me that extra lift on the launch number and extra oomph on the swing speed which, paired with that ginko biloba embedded into the prototypes, gives me that much more concentration that results in better smash factor. Did I lost you? Laughing

Anyway, the figures on Trackman is very conservative. Being indoor is just not the same as being outdoor. It is a good indications but I love the surprise it gives me on the real course. Wink

Don't worry, I will take care of the i15 with all my life. It is now on dispute, actually. My Dad loves it too. He loves the shallow face and its fade-biased. Too bad it doesn't launch as high on his swing as it is on mine. Or should say, it is a GREAT thing? Twisted Evil

Come to think of it, there was one guru who told me that this Kajiki is NOT suitable for a fairway wood... What a Face

Last edited by Yarra on Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:00 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Yarra
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: PING i15 w/ Kajiki 70   Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:58 pm

pushslice wrote:
i remember this club hanging around the den! no one could launch it except pro Tendy if I remember correctly..congrats e!

I launch it okay. In fact, I can launch it quite high. Well, I am naturally a high-ball player. It is so much so that it troubles the heck out of me! But despite that, this combo still gives respectable distance to me.

One instance: into the wind, marker said 210 meters to the center of the green. Hit it flush and put it on the bunker behind the green! Coincidence? Perhaps... But I hit a 200-meter shot more than twice. So... Wink
Back to top Go down
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: PING i15 w/ Kajiki 70   Thu Jul 08, 2010 6:13 am

DGman wrote:

K N N . . .
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: PING i15 w/ Kajiki 70   Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:27 am

Kajiki is suitable for both driver and fw...only the price is not...haha

your shaft is not a 70, its an 80.....surprise surprise...

DGman
Back to top Go down
http://www.bigfishes.com
Yarra
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: PING i15 w/ Kajiki 70   Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:59 am

DGman wrote:
Kajiki is suitable for both driver and fw...only the price is not...haha

your shaft is not a 70, its an 80.....surprise surprise...

DGman

Hah! Why am I not surprised? I was thinking why does this shaft doesn't feel light like the other 60-grammers? I thought I became weak and old! Laughing

As for the price, there is that price tag to pay for a good stuff... Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
watermyforrest
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: PING i15 w/ Kajiki 70   Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:17 am

Wah touredge cb2 ... I like...
Back to top Go down
Yarra
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: PING i15 w/ Kajiki 70   Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:37 am

watermyforrest wrote:
Wah touredge cb2 ... I like...

You can shoot me a PM if would like to buy mine. Wink
Back to top Go down
Yarra
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: PING i15 w/ Kajiki 70   Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:23 pm

Took this combo for a second time and I can tell you it really rocks! I still hit it high, actually but I hit it straight and long with ease. Like I probably mentioned, it is the second easiest 3 wood I have ever had since the 07 Burner.

Again, it was a long par-5. I got about 220 meters to a river running across the fairway right before the green with a fairway bunker right before the water hazard. So, 220 meters into the water, 200 meters before the bunker.

I was playing into the wind and figured that I won't hit it that deep. I reckoned I'd hit it some where around 190 taking the wind into consideration. Dead wrong! Although the wind calmed down (not completely gone, though) and I hit it flushed as can be, I put my ball in the bunker. Thankfully it doesn't roll as much (we bunker or high spin, haven't figured it out yet!) so the ball simply stopped half a meter from where it landed.

Sad thing was, it ended up on the front lip of the bunker and I have to make do with a bogey on a par-5...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PING i15 w/ Kajiki 70   Today at 3:49 am

Back to top Go down

PING i15 w/ Kajiki 70
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1