Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.
 
HomeFAQCalendarRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Lessons for newbie

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Wabbito
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 4
Join date : 2010-07-08
Location : Queenstown

PostSubject: Lessons for newbie   Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:53 pm

Hi everyone,

I'm a newbie and I am looking for people to take up lessons together, girl or guy all welcome. I am a girl, played driving range a few times before.

Please let me know if anyone's interested!!!

thanks!!!

Back to top Go down
aural
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer


Posts : 319
Join date : 2010-04-12
Age : 38
Location : Toa Payoh

PostSubject: Re: Lessons for newbie   Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:01 am

Welcome. Hope you find a match soon. Anyway I just finished my beginner lesson. Usually the place u learn will try to match u also. So maybe can start to look where u prefer to learn first.
Back to top Go down
Wabbito
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 4
Join date : 2010-07-08
Location : Queenstown

PostSubject: Re: Lessons for newbie   Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:11 am

aural wrote:
Welcome. Hope you find a match soon. Anyway I just finished my beginner lesson. Usually the place u learn will try to match u also. So maybe can start to look where u prefer to learn first.

Hello Aural, where did you learn?? I'm looking for a coach as well, i live near red hill & queenstown area, if you know anyone's looking to pick up lessons as well can you let me know? =)
thx!!
Back to top Go down
aural
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer


Posts : 319
Join date : 2010-04-12
Age : 38
Location : Toa Payoh

PostSubject: Re: Lessons for newbie   Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:17 am

Wabbito wrote:
aural wrote:
Welcome. Hope you find a match soon. Anyway I just finished my beginner lesson. Usually the place u learn will try to match u also. So maybe can start to look where u prefer to learn first.

Hello Aural, where did you learn?? I'm looking for a coach as well, i live near red hill & queenstown area, if you know anyone's looking to pick up lessons as well can you let me know? =)
thx!!

I learnt at marina bay together with my wife and they paired up another person with us. For coaches you can look ard the forum as there are some pros here. End of the day choose the one that you are comfortable. After I signed up I heard from ppl that we can ask for trial lessons. Dunno true or not. Hope you learn soon and mb join my wife for ladies game.
Back to top Go down
Wabbito
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 4
Join date : 2010-07-08
Location : Queenstown

PostSubject: Re: Lessons for newbie   Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:30 am

cool!! we'll keep in touch =) I really wanna pickup soon, i actually went for a 18 hole game
with a group of people, but i sucked.. so i thought it's time to take some serious lesson hehe..
Back to top Go down
aural
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer


Posts : 319
Join date : 2010-04-12
Age : 38
Location : Toa Payoh

PostSubject: Re: Lessons for newbie   Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:46 am

Wabbito wrote:
cool!! we'll keep in touch =) I really wanna pickup soon, i actually went for a 18 hole game
with a group of people, but i sucked.. so i thought it's time to take some serious lesson hehe..

Not bad. Still played 18 holes before. The only time I went was last week for pc test. Enjoy.
Back to top Go down
Begbie
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1330
Join date : 2010-06-04
Age : 38

PostSubject: Re: Lessons for newbie   Fri Jul 09, 2010 6:36 am

I also looking for a coach to twitch my game. I've been playing for 3 months now and still not consistent yet. Let me know where u wanna go learn. I don't mind anywhere as long it's a good coach
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer


Posts : 8185
Join date : 2009-06-19

PostSubject: Re: Lessons for newbie   Fri Jul 09, 2010 9:07 am

Quote :
Begbie wrote:
I also looking for a coach to twitch my game. I've been playing for 3 months now and still not consistent yet. Let me know where u wanna go learn. I don't mind anywhere as long it's a good coach



errr..good coach or not suitable coach is very subjective? Its like finding the best clubs....many diff views and choices?

In this forum, we have enlisted many coaches frm many parts of Singapore where each have their unique approach and views.

Suggestion is to give them a call or PM them to establish what and how best to tailor a training package for you.


Alternatively..just for drastic measures only, if you keen to adopt the unconventional coaching, I can help. For this, I will show you my swing, and if any part of my swing mirrors yours, then thats where you likely need to improve.... cheers


Back to top Go down
Begbie
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1330
Join date : 2010-06-04
Age : 38

PostSubject: Re: Lessons for newbie   Fri Jul 09, 2010 9:49 am

Duval Wink sounds good to share some unconventional methods with u. Next SSN ?
Back to top Go down
Jai
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 5
Join date : 2010-06-09

PostSubject: Re: Lessons for newbie   Wed Jul 14, 2010 5:14 pm

Hey wabito...
im also living around queenstown... can learn.
need short game improvement and swing corrections.

Cheers,
Jai
Back to top Go down
PinkPanther
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer


Posts : 208
Join date : 2010-06-22

PostSubject: Re: Lessons for newbie   Wed Jul 14, 2010 5:55 pm

I also want to learn..... I can come join you.
Back to top Go down
navihawk
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 27
Join date : 2010-07-11

PostSubject: Re: Lessons for newbie   Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:39 pm

Pls keep me in the loop as well. I am interested in lessons.

Cheers!
Back to top Go down
wizardofoz
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 23
Join date : 2009-07-22

PostSubject: Re: Lessons for newbie   Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:02 pm

http://www.golfrepublic.org/golf-talk-f3/golf-lessons-t6354.htm

Only today did I realised there are so many buayas lurking around..hahah
Back to top Go down
Fai74
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 79
Join date : 2010-04-27
Age : 42
Location : COUGHING HILL

PostSubject: Re: Lessons for newbie   Thu Jul 15, 2010 8:58 am

hey wabbito...there is a range at queenstown next to remand prison there a couple of good coaches there but if not u can gimme a shout and ill pass u the someof a very good reasonable value coaches...gimme PM thnx
Back to top Go down
puteh83
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer


Posts : 479
Join date : 2009-06-22

PostSubject: Re: Lessons for newbie   Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:07 am

Fai74 wrote:
hey wabbito...there is a range at queenstown next to remand prison there a couple of good coaches there but if not u can gimme a shout and ill pass u the someof a very good reasonable value coaches...gimme PM thnx

wah, that one close down eons ago.
Back to top Go down
Begbie
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1330
Join date : 2010-06-04
Age : 38

PostSubject: Re: Lessons for newbie   Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:17 am

Updates..! Got myself a coaching pro.. starting this Mon in MBGC...Smile

I was introduced to him by a korean fren of mine..

10 lessons (inclusive of 2 lessons for walk the course)

Will keep you guys updated on his coaching methods...
Back to top Go down
adrian01
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 34
Join date : 2010-07-17
Age : 42
Location : Bright Hill Drive

PostSubject: Re: Lessons for newbie   Sat Jul 17, 2010 1:00 pm

I'm looking to take up a gof course myself. Looking for a group of 4 people including myself to share the cost.
Back to top Go down
Batman
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer


Posts : 788
Join date : 2010-04-20
Location : North 'Gotham City'

PostSubject: Re: Lessons for newbie   Sat Jul 17, 2010 1:55 pm

Actually for those keen in taking lessons, u can just approach the academy n put
down ur name; much like a waiting list. Then they will pair u up accordingly to ur preference
also. In my opinion, its faster tat way. At least that's how I'd done it at MGK @ OCC Very Happy

Enjoy the journey all! Cheers!
Back to top Go down
adrian01
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 34
Join date : 2010-07-17
Age : 42
Location : Bright Hill Drive

PostSubject: Re: Lessons for newbie   Sat Jul 17, 2010 1:59 pm

Batman wrote:
Actually for those keen in taking lessons, u can just approach the academy n put
down ur name; much like a waiting list. Then they will pair u up accordingly to ur preference
also. In my opinion, its faster tat way. At least that's how I'd done it at MGK @ OCC Very Happy

Enjoy the journey all! Cheers!

How much did u pay for yours? Any how many in your group?
Back to top Go down
Wabbito
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 4
Join date : 2010-07-08
Location : Queenstown

PostSubject: Re: Lessons for newbie   Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:32 pm

HELLO EVERYONE!!
I"m back!!! didn't see all the msg!!
yes yes, im still keen.. who wants to learn together can please call me???
my momo
8233 9269
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Lessons for newbie   Today at 12:32 pm

Back to top Go down
 
Lessons for newbie
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Hey People I'm newbie to golf (wanna join me or can i Join u for lessons?)
» Bishan Golf Lessons
» 944 lt1 conversion newbie
» Golf Lessons
» Golf Lessons for Junior

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic :: Welcome to Golf Republic Forum :: Self Introduction-
Jump to:  
Friends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf Republic
Copyright © 2009 Golf Republic. All Rights Reserved.