Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.
 
HomeFAQCalendarRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Slicer51 pulling left, Need help !

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Slicer51
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 2449
Join date : 2010-05-29
Age : 59
Location : Surabaya

PostSubject: Slicer51 pulling left, Need help !   Sun Jul 25, 2010 1:39 am

Hi Pro,

I have a new problem with my driver this week. My driver seems to be pulling left ( ball starts left in its initial flight and continues on that path ). I was told is because my club head traveling out-to-in path although the club face is actually square to the path of the swing or my grip was too strong.

Would there be other reason that I should watch out in my swing .... Any suggestion or drill on how do I fix it ?

Thanks in advance HELP
Back to top Go down
Slicer51
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 2449
Join date : 2010-05-29
Age : 59
Location : Surabaya

PostSubject: Re: Slicer51 pulling left, Need help !   Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:29 pm

I still have not fix my pull left problem yet. Anybody ? HELP
Back to top Go down
nientsu
Caddy
Caddy


Posts : 3295
Join date : 2009-06-18
Age : 42
Location : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: Slicer51 pulling left, Need help !   Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:50 pm

Bro.

My best advise to u is go see a coach.

All of us here are facing probs in one form or another, so how to advise u??

Back to top Go down
ginn
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 44
Join date : 2010-07-22
Location : Singapore / KL

PostSubject: Re: Slicer51 pulling left, Need help !   Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:29 am

my 2 cts..

if the ball starts from the left and keep going on that path...i think you are pulling your shots. this may be due to swinging too fast (at least too fast for you to control). you can judge this by the way you finish the swing i.e. are you losing balance after you hit the ball or you right feet have the tendency to leave the ground..

to correct this, I think you should slow down the swing a little and make sure your body is square at impact too. dont forget to "finish high" as well.

but at the end of the day, nothing beats a pro looking at your side and helping you to correct.

most important of all.... enjoy your game... like me.... difference between 2 nines can be 10 strokes (like yesterday). dunno what is going on...but dont care la... just play.....

I may be talking crap here... dont trust me... trust your pro/coach...
Back to top Go down
Slicer51
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 2449
Join date : 2010-05-29
Age : 59
Location : Surabaya

PostSubject: Re: Slicer51 pulling left, Need help !   Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:05 am

nientsu wrote:
Bro.

My best advise to u is go see a coach.

All of us here are facing probs in one form or another, so how to advise u??


Bro, 1st of all. I would like to thank you for you in taking time to response. I know this is going to another "long winded" message + with all broken English of mine ( Please do not expect a carpenter to have high eduction ok )

Yes, I will start with new coach in coming week. However, please be patience as I try to explain why I post my problem in this forum. All along I though this forum were suppose to create a discussion and share individual experience in golf. We all learned through discussion and disagreement ( well, at least for me).

I hardly see a player can drive a ball far and straight 100 % (maybe a small some). I understand even Pro tour player sometime slice or hook. I am not expect to drive 100% straight too but what killing me is. I have been driving rather straight for passed months ( hitting fairway about 70 to 80 %) and then suddenly last week. I pull left EVERY shots on the course and in driving range. It is okay every time if I hit a bad shot but do not know why I did, that really hurt ...

If you had read my intro when I joined GR. I have only started playing golf 2 years ago (actually it 2 years 1 month now). I start hitting shots from shank to flat to top to slice to hook to straight and now pull left. Playing from 124 to 108 to 98 to 94 to 88 and hoping to play consistency in mid 80 but sometime still go back to low 90 (of course) ..

To be continue ..


Back to top Go down
Slicer51
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 2449
Join date : 2010-05-29
Age : 59
Location : Surabaya

PostSubject: Re: Slicer51 pulling left, Need help !   Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:24 am

... If you have notice all my response or posts, I am rather an outspoken person . I do not feel embarrassed with what I said ( because it is only what I know and experience ). Some might says, only 2 years in golf, what he know about golf, ... The fact is, I really do not much about golf but also I knew much more for 2 years player.

Someone might comments on my reply or post . " Slicer, are you nut ? " or maybe " to solve your pull left shot .. change a new driver, man ! ". I am okay with it. It because they care to reponse, mean they trusted you as friend. (just like you)

It does not matter whether it a tip from a beginner or senior players. We never know what these peoples experience can grain to your knowledge.

So, give it to me .... I take all comment sincerely Smile but do not tell me to change my driver ( no monies lah.. ) lol!
Back to top Go down
eiji
Course Marshal
Course Marshal


Posts : 6193
Join date : 2009-08-22
Age : 35
Location : Training

PostSubject: Re: Slicer51 pulling left, Need help !   Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:28 am

there can be various reason why you are pulling left, without any video of your swing, any diagnosis online won't be helpful and might make matters worse.

wait for your coach to advise.

_________________
Callaway Razr Fit Xtreme 10.5* Ahina 60 R
PRGR EGG Spoon 15* MRC Fubuki Alpha 70S
Adams Super Hybrid XTD 19* MRC Fubuki AH R
Adams A12 Pro 23* GD Tour AD UT85 R
Callaway X Hot Pro 5-PW PX95 5.5
Titleist SM4 50*, 54*, 58* DG Spinner
Scotty Studio Select 2012 Golo 33"
Back to top Go down
http://www.idealparts.com.sg
sandkie
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer


Posts : 402
Join date : 2010-03-01
Age : 36
Location : Near Boon Lay MRT

PostSubject: Re: Slicer51 pulling left, Need help !   Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:35 am

I used to pull my shot due to too much lateral movement to the left...
If you don't have pulling problem in your iron, we may have same problem...

I have tendency to do much lateral weight in driver and longer club because the ball is in the left more than short iron... so naturally want to shift more...

my 5 cents..
Back to top Go down
sandkie
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer


Posts : 402
Join date : 2010-03-01
Age : 36
Location : Near Boon Lay MRT

PostSubject: Re: Slicer51 pulling left, Need help !   Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:36 am

Sorry... come to think about it... was it a push? I can't remember liao...
Jialat... cos I don't have this problem now...
Back to top Go down
Winston
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1723
Join date : 2009-08-18
Age : 42
Location : 19th Hole

PostSubject: Re: Slicer51 pulling left, Need help !   Mon Jul 26, 2010 3:08 pm

eeerrrmmm....some of the reasons why I pull my shots.

1. Out side in swing path, causing a closed face at Impact.
2. shoulders too flat, even to the extend of it being almost parallel to the ground through out the swing,
3. Wrist Flipping / rolling too fast.
4. Left arm pulling / breaking too early ( THis one very difficult for me to explain)

My reasons and yours may be different. What I did do was to go back to my instructor and have him check my swing again. Found out that my back swing had gone haywire, causing all this problems. It would be best to go check with your coach when you start.

Most probably he/she would ask you to start with a 7i first to analyse your swing then give you comments about it. Remember to listen with an open mind.
Back to top Go down
Right_sided_coach
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals


Posts : 856
Join date : 2009-06-24

PostSubject: Re: Slicer51 pulling left, Need help !   Mon Jul 26, 2010 3:58 pm

By understanding the ball flight laws you can analyse your own swing and reasons why the ball goes where it goes. In your case, a straight shot that starts left is because of a closed club face at impact in regards to the target line . If it is not curving left or right then the path is ok. Check alignment also to eliminate this possibility
As to why your club face is closed at impact, that is the part you may need a pro to help you on. I would say mostly it is grip/wrist angles or also the turning direction. Why not video your swing and post it here so we can give you a definite answer

Back to top Go down
Right_sided_coach
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals


Posts : 856
Join date : 2009-06-24

PostSubject: Re: Slicer51 pulling left, Need help !   Mon Jul 26, 2010 4:03 pm

Looking at your avatar picture, I see your clubface is closed at top of swing and your turn is not correct - verging on a reverse pivot. Winston on the other hand, your avatar is perfect ROFL
Back to top Go down
Gray
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1270
Join date : 2009-06-20

PostSubject: Re: Slicer51 pulling left, Need help !   Mon Jul 26, 2010 4:15 pm

Right_sided_coach wrote:
Winston on the other hand, your avatar is perfect ROFL

RSC, you are wrong, Bro Winston is keeping the best for himself at the land of the origin. I have been there and seen the quality with my own eyes. Those that he posts here are the lesser ones.

Just visit him and ask him to take you to the hair wash and you will know Shocked
Back to top Go down
Winston
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1723
Join date : 2009-08-18
Age : 42
Location : 19th Hole

PostSubject: Re: Slicer51 pulling left, Need help !   Mon Jul 26, 2010 4:28 pm

Right_sided_coach wrote:
Looking at your avatar picture, I see your clubface is closed at top of swing and your turn is not correct - verging on a reverse pivot. Winston on the other hand, your avatar is perfect ROFL

Gray wrote:
RSC, you are wrong, Bro Winston is keeping the best for himself at the land of the origin. I have been there and seen the quality with my own eyes. Those that he posts here are the lesser ones.

Just visit him and ask him to take you to the hair wash and you will know Shocked

RSC, I trade with you, 2 lessons for 1 contact number??? Twisted Evil

Gray, When you coming up again?? Would love to bring you go around and look see look see Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Batman
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer


Posts : 788
Join date : 2010-04-20
Location : North 'Gotham City'

PostSubject: Re: Slicer51 pulling left, Need help !   Mon Jul 26, 2010 4:39 pm

In my case, its my right thumb holding at 12o'clock instead of 10o'clock position. Hope this helps
Back to top Go down
Slicer51
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 2449
Join date : 2010-05-29
Age : 59
Location : Surabaya

PostSubject: Re: Slicer51 pulling left, Need help !   Mon Jul 26, 2010 7:27 pm

ginn wrote:
my 2 cts..

if the ball starts from the left and keep going on that path...i think you are pulling your shots. this may be due to swinging too fast (at least too fast for you to control). you can judge this by the way you finish the swin....

Ginn,

Thanks for your comment. I also suspect that I am trying to swing too hard & fast ( I guess you know the reason why ).

I will try to remind myself all the time .. must try harder to remember. Btw, you shall read what Bro Lee have to say in today post about my swing .. He is really something .. so details .. Holly cow ...

Back to top Go down
Slicer51
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 2449
Join date : 2010-05-29
Age : 59
Location : Surabaya

PostSubject: Re: Slicer51 pulling left, Need help !   Mon Jul 26, 2010 7:33 pm

eiji wrote:
there can be various reason why you are pulling left, without any video of your swing, any diagnosis online won't be helpful and might make matters worse.

wait for your coach to advise.

I understood eiji,

Let me put the question in another way. Would you know the reason if you happened to pull a shot on your driver .. Just wanted to know how other think. Thanks bro
Smile
Back to top Go down
Slicer51
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 2449
Join date : 2010-05-29
Age : 59
Location : Surabaya

PostSubject: Re: Slicer51 pulling left, Need help !   Mon Jul 26, 2010 7:41 pm

taskie wrote:
I used to pull my shot due to too much lateral movement to the left...
If you don't have pulling problem in your iron, we may have same problem...

I have tendency to do much lateral weight in driver and longer club because the ball is in the left more than short iron... so naturally want to shift more...

my 5 cents..

Interesting though, taskie. I do not have pull shots with my iron or my 3w (it more slice then pull on my 3w haaaa Embarassed it is only my driver recently.

Your point have been noted in my note book (BB phone actually) like the rest of all comments .. Thanks again..
Back to top Go down
Slicer51
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 2449
Join date : 2010-05-29
Age : 59
Location : Surabaya

PostSubject: Re: Slicer51 pulling left, Need help !   Mon Jul 26, 2010 8:00 pm

Winston wrote:
eeerrrmmm....some of the reasons why I pull my shots.

1. Out side in swing path, causing a closed face at Impact.
2. shoulders too flat, even to the extend of it being almost parallel to the ground through out the swing,
3. Wrist Flipping / rolling too fast.
4. Left arm pulling ....

Hi Winston,

It is nice to talk to you again. Unfortunately, I still did not have a chance to play a round with you in Vietnam but it definitely in my Agenda when I am in Vietnam next trip.

Thanks for your comments too. Your swing might be different from mine. I am sure mine is more "screw up". All your points have been noted and will use it to check on my swing too.

The fact is, my Indonesia coach have some hard time teaching me. It is not because I am dis obedient but I ask allot of questions. I do not just follow whatever my coach want me to do. I need to the reason why ? the pro & con for doing certain way ... I believe that if I will just learn blindly, I will never remember and never understand my swing ... I am seeking for another coach, this is time in Singapore (ever though it is far from where I am )

Once again, really appreciate for your comment, bro




Laughing
Back to top Go down
Slicer51
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 2449
Join date : 2010-05-29
Age : 59
Location : Surabaya

PostSubject: Re: Slicer51 pulling left, Need help !   Mon Jul 26, 2010 8:24 pm

Right_sided_coach wrote:
By understanding the ball flight laws you can analyse your own swing and reasons why the ball goes where it goes. In your case, a straight shot that starts left is because of a closed club face at impact in regards to the target line . If it is not curving left or right then the path is ok. Check alignm ...

Hi Pro Br**

Yes, it is a straight shot to the left. I think my alignment (shoulder, feet, ball) is okay. I suspect it my grip (too strong), wrist angle and turning direction ... Thank you for the analysis .. It really help.

Back to top Go down
Slicer51
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 2449
Join date : 2010-05-29
Age : 59
Location : Surabaya

PostSubject: Re: Slicer51 pulling left, Need help !   Mon Jul 26, 2010 8:27 pm

Batman wrote:
In my case, its my right thumb holding at 12o'clock instead of 10o'clock position. Hope this helps

I did not take note whether my right thumb is on 12 or 10 o'clock .. but good to know, will check Thanks
Back to top Go down
Batman
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer


Posts : 788
Join date : 2010-04-20
Location : North 'Gotham City'

PostSubject: Re: Slicer51 pulling left, Need help !   Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:00 pm

Good luck Pak....
Back to top Go down
Slicer51
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 2449
Join date : 2010-05-29
Age : 59
Location : Surabaya

PostSubject: Re: Slicer51 pulling left, Need help !   Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:12 pm

Batman wrote:
Good luck Pak....

You might have forgotten that I am still a Singaporean .. no Pak, Pak .... I know I going to need more then just good luck this time ... Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Slicer51 pulling left, Need help !   Today at 1:28 am

Back to top Go down
 
Slicer51 pulling left, Need help !
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Help, help suddenly Im shanking my balls
» Left Back Needed
» Left shoulder should/shouldn't point towards ball at top of swing?
» Pulling the 944 engine (methods)
» Left hand threaded wheel studs on Drivers side?

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic :: Golf Academy :: Ask The Pro-
Jump to:  
Friends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf Republic
Copyright © 2009 Golf Republic. All Rights Reserved.