Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.
 
HomeFAQCalendarRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Which blade should I try???

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
mizzy
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 2702
Join date : 2009-12-11
Location : golf club graveyard

PostSubject: Re: Which blade should I try???   Tue Jul 27, 2010 7:56 pm

Yarra wrote:
Turbo wrote:
How come no on mention about Nike VR TW blade? I am using the stock shaft - DG300. The feel is pretty good especially if you can hit the sweet spot. I have also tried the MP68. In my personal opinion, the latter is a tad better ... The good thing about bladed iron is that you get direct feedback. On impact, one would likely know if they have a good or bad shot. Contrary to popular believe, I don't need to use alot of power to hit a bladed iron. Accuracy and control (besides shot shaping) are the primary reasons why ppl use bladed irons. Please do correct me if you think otherwise ...


I found Nike's blade is like a cult. Some loves it, some loathes it. My Dad gets down to a single handicap playing these Nikes. He bought it the next morning right after he watched Tiger played a bogey-free round with it! When he switched to MP33s, my younger brother gets to play the Nikes. He likes it and hit them well. But I know a lot of people who has trouble hitting it and ended up selling it dirt cheap!

dirt cheap? where where??
Back to top Go down
golfcoma
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer


Posts : 188
Join date : 2009-08-13
Location : Shanghai

PostSubject: Re: Which blade should I try???   Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:37 pm

Blades look so cool and I've been fighting temptations to get a set. Strangely, the more I play the less I seem to want to play blades...

However, if I were to get a set of blades, I would probably lean towards PRGR TR500 or Yamaha X V Forged Tour model. Haven't tried either set but they look awesome! Smile

I should clarify that I'm a slut for JDM products...
Back to top Go down
icejazz
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer


Posts : 168
Join date : 2009-07-01

PostSubject: Re: Which blade should I try???   Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:45 pm

Maybe all the blade players should fall in at driving range one day and let people try their equipments.

Anyway I just switch to Miura Blade and surprise that it is quite forgiving. Always thought blade can be a pain in the ass but I think nowadays with lots of R&D, most blades are becoming more friendly.
Back to top Go down
S70B
Course Marshal
Course Marshal


Posts : 5118
Join date : 2009-06-18
Location : Home sweat home...

PostSubject: Re: Which blade should I try???   Tue Jul 27, 2010 11:54 pm

Yarra wrote:

I am playing MP combos right now, MP58 in 4-6 and MP68 in 7-PW. Comparing the feel, the MP68s feels much softer at impact. I should have just get a set of MP68s, actually. The long irons are not that punishing, either.

I have the same combo 'cept mine is in the 3-5 w the 58s and 6-P for the 68s. I swop out the 3i w the MP Fli Hi and that thing is a breeze to use.

I tot the same about getting a full set of 68s but I hit my buddy's and the 4i is really not that friendly on mis-hits. better to be safe than sorry and since I had the option to go combo, why not?

Nike is like wat you said, you either love them or hate them. I have used them in the past but as their iron line 'progressed' to the CCI, Sumo etc I stepped away. I think their best blade was the very 1st one that they introduced but they were not very forgiving.

For the Adams, the finish wearing off is inevitable. It isn't as bad as when TM had that SuperQuad driver where the sole turned colour after only a few rounds. I am not sure if CB1s or CB2s are avail in Sg but they are wayyyyy better than the A7, tech OS or watever. Kudos to Adams for going this route.
Back to top Go down
jimmychoo
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1255
Join date : 2009-06-17
Age : 99
Location : Teban Garden

PostSubject: Re: Which blade should I try???   Wed Jul 28, 2010 12:16 am

golfcoma wrote:
Blades look so cool and I've been fighting temptations to get a set. Strangely, the more I play the less I seem to want to play blades...

However, if I were to get a set of blades, I would probably lean towards PRGR TR500 or Yamaha X V Forged Tour model. Haven't tried either set but they look awesome! Smile

I should clarify that I'm a slut for JDM products...
golfcoma, maybe I am wrong but I don't think the TR500 or the XV Forged Tour are consider as a blade but I do like the look I love you Will try it one day if I got the chance Basketball
Back to top Go down
Yarra
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1043
Join date : 2010-03-01

PostSubject: Re: Which blade should I try???   Wed Jul 28, 2010 12:20 am

S70B wrote:
Yarra wrote:

I am playing MP combos right now, MP58 in 4-6 and MP68 in 7-PW. Comparing the feel, the MP68s feels much softer at impact. I should have just get a set of MP68s, actually. The long irons are not that punishing, either.

I have the same combo 'cept mine is in the 3-5 w the 58s and 6-P for the 68s. I swop out the 3i w the MP Fli Hi and that thing is a breeze to use.

I tot the same about getting a full set of 68s but I hit my buddy's and the 4i is really not that friendly on mis-hits. better to be safe than sorry and since I had the option to go combo, why not?

Nike is like wat you said, you either love them or hate them. I have used them in the past but as their iron line 'progressed' to the CCI, Sumo etc I stepped away. I think their best blade was the very 1st one that they introduced but they were not very forgiving.

For the Adams, the finish wearing off is inevitable. It isn't as bad as when TM had that SuperQuad driver where the sole turned colour after only a few rounds. I am not sure if CB1s or CB2s are avail in Sg but they are wayyyyy better than the A7, tech OS or watever. Kudos to Adams for going this route.

You are probably right, I have not hit the 4i in the 68. A friend got a set starting from 5i and the 5i is as forgiving as a blade can be. It surprises me, though. Do you find that the MP68s feel much better (much softer) than the MP58?

As for the Adams... I will find out how quick it'll wear soon enough. I got a set of CB1 and a set of CB2 (both sets heads-only, tour issue) coming my way. I heard a lot of good things about it and I can't wait to put my own shaft in them! Tried to hit one (belong to a friend) but it has the wrong flex of shaft. But the black finish is more durable than previous Adams offerings. And I do think that Adams got great lines of products lately. The most underrated company in golf, I think.

It actually reminds me... The best black-finish iron, IMO, was Cleveland's TA5 and TA3 a few years back. My Dad actually played the TA3 for a year or so intensively and the color didn't fade that badly.
Back to top Go down
S70B
Course Marshal
Course Marshal


Posts : 5118
Join date : 2009-06-18
Location : Home sweat home...

PostSubject: Re: Which blade should I try???   Wed Jul 28, 2010 12:28 am

Yarra wrote:
You are probably right, I have not hit the 4i in the 68. A friend got a set starting from 5i and the 5i is as forgiving as a blade can be. It surprises me, though. Do you find that the MP68s feel much better (much softer) than the MP58?

As for the Adams... I will find out how quick it'll wear soon enough. I got a set of CB1 and a set of CB2 (both sets heads-only, tour issue) coming my way. I heard a lot of good things about it and I can't wait to put my own shaft in them! Tried to hit one (belong to a friend) but it has the wrong flex of shaft. But the black finish is more durable than previous Adams offerings. And I do think that Adams got great lines of products lately. The most underrated company in golf, I think.

It actually reminds me... The best black-finish iron, IMO, was Cleveland's TA5 and TA3 a few years back. My Dad actually played the TA3 for a year or so intensively and the color didn't fade that badly.

The feel is defnitely different between the 58s and 68s. However, with the results I get from the long irons, its easy to overlook that bit of difference.

You have a set of good sticks going your way. If you aren't too happy with them, I will be willing to grab the CB1s off u. Razz
Back to top Go down
Yarra
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1043
Join date : 2010-03-01

PostSubject: Re: Which blade should I try???   Wed Jul 28, 2010 12:42 am

S70B wrote:
Yarra wrote:
You are probably right, I have not hit the 4i in the 68. A friend got a set starting from 5i and the 5i is as forgiving as a blade can be. It surprises me, though. Do you find that the MP68s feel much better (much softer) than the MP58?

As for the Adams... I will find out how quick it'll wear soon enough. I got a set of CB1 and a set of CB2 (both sets heads-only, tour issue) coming my way. I heard a lot of good things about it and I can't wait to put my own shaft in them! Tried to hit one (belong to a friend) but it has the wrong flex of shaft. But the black finish is more durable than previous Adams offerings. And I do think that Adams got great lines of products lately. The most underrated company in golf, I think.

It actually reminds me... The best black-finish iron, IMO, was Cleveland's TA5 and TA3 a few years back. My Dad actually played the TA3 for a year or so intensively and the color didn't fade that badly.

The feel is defnitely different between the 58s and 68s. However, with the results I get from the long irons, its easy to overlook that bit of difference.

You have a set of good sticks going your way. If you aren't too happy with them, I will be willing to grab the CB1s off u. Razz

LOL! I will let you know how it is. I just realized that you are in South California! I got these Adams from a great guy in Maine...

As for the Mizuno, I agree. The MP58s are forgiving. I just prefer the feel of the blade, though!
Back to top Go down
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer


Posts : 5692
Join date : 2009-06-19
Age : 47
Location : Wild Wild West

PostSubject: Re: Which blade should I try???   Wed Jul 28, 2010 1:36 am

all i know is that any clubs that can beat S70B is good clubs......
Back to top Go down
jimmychoo
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1255
Join date : 2009-06-17
Age : 99
Location : Teban Garden

PostSubject: Re: Which blade should I try???   Wed Jul 28, 2010 7:57 am

slinger wrote:
all i know is that any clubs that can beat S70B is good clubs......
That's right! Razz
Back to top Go down
Agumon
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1071
Join date : 2009-09-08
Location : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: Which blade should I try???   Wed Jul 28, 2010 8:39 am

the hardware store near my house sells v. gd parangs
Back to top Go down
watermyforrest
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 3248
Join date : 2009-07-17
Age : 41
Location : Serangoon Central

PostSubject: Re: Which blade should I try???   Wed Jul 28, 2010 8:55 am

Agumon wrote:
the hardware store near my house sells v. gd parangs

Bwahaha ... Joker!! Are they forged locally or by Endo?
Back to top Go down
S70B
Course Marshal
Course Marshal


Posts : 5118
Join date : 2009-06-18
Location : Home sweat home...

PostSubject: Re: Which blade should I try???   Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:35 am

slinger wrote:
all i know is that any clubs that can beat S70B is good clubs......

Why you wanna beat me? So violent... Mad
Back to top Go down
Yarra
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1043
Join date : 2010-03-01

PostSubject: Re: Which blade should I try???   Wed Jul 28, 2010 4:27 pm

watermyforrest wrote:
Agumon wrote:
the hardware store near my house sells v. gd parangs

Bwahaha ... Joker!! Are they forged locally or by Endo?

Forged by Miura, man!
Back to top Go down
golfcoma
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer


Posts : 188
Join date : 2009-08-13
Location : Shanghai

PostSubject: Re: Which blade should I try???   Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:37 pm

jimmychoo wrote:
golfcoma wrote:
Blades look so cool and I've been fighting temptations to get a set. Strangely, the more I play the less I seem to want to play blades...

However, if I were to get a set of blades, I would probably lean towards PRGR TR500 or Yamaha X V Forged Tour model. Haven't tried either set but they look awesome! Smile

I should clarify that I'm a slut for JDM products...
golfcoma, maybe I am wrong but I don't think the TR500 or the XV Forged Tour are consider as a blade but I do like the look I love you Will try it one day if I got the chance Basketball

You're probably right, and I probably shouldn't have stated anything having not hit either of them before. Only reason I mentioned it because all the reviews I've read regarding the TR500 says that they play like a blade, in terms of workability and forgiveness.

Do let me know if you get a chance to hit them. I would be very interested to get your views on them Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Which blade should I try???   Today at 10:29 am

Back to top Go down
 
Which blade should I try???
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
 Similar topics
-
» 2009 Blade Trigger''s
» Blade Vertigo 10 complete
» For Callaway lovers - TJ's New Razr Blade
» 14m 2007 Blade Vertigo new/unused! Bargain
» Another new Blade.450 this time.eta April.

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic :: The Pro Shop :: Equipment Reviews-
Jump to:  
Friends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf Republic
Copyright © 2009 Golf Republic. All Rights Reserved.