no PC/HCP can play at MBGC?
Posts : 143
Join date : 2009-09-07
|Subject: no PC/HCP can play at MBGC? Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:38 am|| |
hi guys.. im joinin my colleague for a game at MBGC.. but problem is me no have PC or HCP.. what can i do to join them next week?
in booking form need to specify the HCP.. what do i fill in?
Hall of Fame Golfer
Posts : 8185
Join date : 2009-06-19
|Subject: Re: no PC/HCP can play at MBGC? Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:49 am|| |
1. While at home, dress up.....i mean 'be like pro'. That include ensuring that your bag is all packed with equipment...in other words don come with only sunday bag lah
2. Arrive 1 hour or at least 40mins before teeoff
3. ask counter that you want to go for swing test
4. At swing test, throw up a few tissue to test win, simulate a few practise drives
5. self mumble to yourself, shall I cut or draw
6. Then look at tester in the face....macam ' Do I really need to do this...don you know what I am capable'
7. Swing easy,...and get ready to join your flight at buggy area
Super Active Golfer
Posts : 1527
Join date : 2009-11-10
Age : 51
Location : singapore
|Subject: Re: no PC/HCP can play at MBGC? Wed Jul 28, 2010 1:07 pm|| |
pay S$10 for PC Test which is valid for 1 month. They r sure to tell to avoid slow play n bring your sand bottle wherever u go.
Posts : 40
Join date : 2010-07-20
Super Active Golfer
Posts : 1121
Join date : 2009-06-21
|Subject: Re: no PC/HCP can play at MBGC? Wed Jul 28, 2010 2:11 pm|| |
- go counter, tell them u need swing test, pay ur $$ at counter and collect ticket
- take ur 7 iron (dont be smart and take ur wood or long irons), process to testing area
- swing easy. They dont care if ur 7 iron is only 80m, as long as the ball can fly
Dont do the test cold, tried once, reach MBGC 20min before tee off, swing test and was hitting the mat hard..lucky the ball can fly so not so bad...
Posts : 143
Join date : 2009-09-07
Posts : 28
Join date : 2010-09-17
|Subject: Re: no PC/HCP can play at MBGC? Fri Sep 17, 2010 9:30 pm|| |
Facts I found out about the swing test at MBGC:
1. Valid for 1 month if PASS is given (in this case,they keep a copy of the test paper and you keep one too so if you play again within 1 month,just show it to them to verify on their record)
2. Vaild for 1 day if given a FAIL 1 Day Pass (in this case,you don't get to keep a copy and they will keep both copies,you will be allowed to play on the course and keep up with the pace of play and if you are struggling real bad,they will take you out immediately)
3. If given FAIL with no admittance to golf course, then you either go and get yourself a range card and buy range balls and start practicing hard or you either just leave the place to avoid embarassment (my personal favourite)
Different days, different times at MBGC will be different people taking the test,so it depends on who you get and how easy/hard they go on you (see you suay or heng).
Last time tests conducted by Star Golf Academy pros, put pressure on people a lot, now test conducted by MBGC staff on duty lagi best because they don't present themselves like pro so no pressure.
They probably get some people in the office who know nuts about golf to watch you during your test.
|Subject: Re: no PC/HCP can play at MBGC? Today at 12:11 pm|| |
Total Donation till date to
Autism Association (SG): S$46,285
|» Crocodile sighting in Singapore golf course|
by stickman Yesterday at 8:56 am
» How Accurate Were My 2016 Predictions? Did I Get It Right?
by tonyj50 Yesterday at 12:40 am
» Best place to buy Scotty Cameron? (USA vs SG)
by sibeiho Fri Dec 09, 2016 6:03 pm
» Mizuno Owners Thread - Soft and Buttery
by Bernie Tan Golf Coach Fri Dec 09, 2016 12:14 pm
» Looking for a set of beginner golf clubs
by Chunky Munky Wed Dec 07, 2016 1:53 pm
» Golf Training In Thailand
by Royston Tue Dec 06, 2016 2:28 pm
» Apple watch
by may_dream1 Tue Dec 06, 2016 10:40 am
» It Was A Dream Come True For 20 Golfers
by tonyj50 Tue Dec 06, 2016 9:06 am
» Changing of Grip...
by jng Mon Dec 05, 2016 5:34 pm
» Saturday 3 Dec, 839 Navy, NSRCC Changi
by andrew-golf Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:29 am
» LPGA Announces 2017 Schedule. Four New Events.
by tonyj50 Thu Dec 01, 2016 7:42 am
» Morning game at Sembawang 2nd Dec
by ancient warrior Wed Nov 30, 2016 12:13 pm
» LPGA Qualifying School Tournament - Final Stage!
by tonyj50 Wed Nov 30, 2016 6:31 am
» 2 Ladies looking for 2 more kakis at Bintan on Dec 3
by dayveed Wed Nov 30, 2016 1:27 am
» Citibank Prestige Card members
by TigaWood Tue Nov 29, 2016 9:56 pm
» Yamaha Classic Iron
by Yxgolfing Tue Nov 29, 2016 8:20 pm
» New member
by Yxgolfing Tue Nov 29, 2016 8:14 pm
» StarHill Country Club
by Bernie Tan Golf Coach Tue Nov 29, 2016 4:32 pm
» Club Glove - The Stiff Arm
by Nealwong Tue Nov 29, 2016 1:30 pm
» Anyone played Austin hills Cc recently?
by Nealwong Tue Nov 29, 2016 1:10 pm
» ELS Desaru Promotion Rate by me
by Prestige Teh Thu Nov 24, 2016 9:37 pm
» YouTube Golf Channel (by Yaozza)
by yaozza07 Thu Nov 24, 2016 4:46 pm
» Rating the 2016 LPGA Rookies - Final Analysis
by tonyj50 Thu Nov 24, 2016 4:45 am
» Non authetic golf pride grips
by Yxgolfing Tue Nov 22, 2016 7:23 pm
» Stats & Facts - Vol. 31.....2016 Finale. Whats Next?
by tonyj50 Tue Nov 22, 2016 5:42 am
» CME Group Tour Championship Preview, Pairings, and Lots More.
by tonyj50 Mon Nov 21, 2016 11:18 am
» Shot tracer app
by Daztasiumz Sat Nov 19, 2016 4:14 pm
» LPGA Announces New Tournament in Scotland!!
by tonyj50 Sat Nov 19, 2016 4:04 am
» Short Game Performance School @ Marina Bay GC and AimPoint Green Reading Classes @ NSRCC Changi, Singapore November 26th-27th
by SGGolfCoaching Thu Nov 17, 2016 9:13 pm
» Regular Weekend NSRCC games
by andrew-golf Thu Nov 17, 2016 3:45 pm
» Paula Creamer Parts Ways With Longtime Caddie!
by tonyj50 Thu Nov 17, 2016 8:21 am
» LPGA Announces New Tournament in New Zealand
by tonyj50 Thu Nov 17, 2016 6:48 am
» Lorena Ochoa Invitational Preview, Pairings, and Much More
by tonyj50 Mon Nov 14, 2016 8:16 am
» review on Renovated Laguna Bintan
by pocketace Sat Nov 12, 2016 10:45 pm
» Deemples - golf app to find golfers to play golf!
by dayveed Sat Nov 12, 2016 3:55 am
» Titleist 716 AP1 user please come in.
by Chunky Munky Fri Nov 11, 2016 3:59 pm
» Newbie looking for female khakis to play at Mandai executive course
by Bernie Tan Golf Coach Thu Nov 10, 2016 2:00 pm
» Beginners' game for high handicappers...
by izzx11 Wed Nov 09, 2016 2:57 pm
» Sembawang weekend golfer
by hometeamWill Wed Nov 09, 2016 12:50 pm
» Costcos Kirkland signature golf balls
by Daztasiumz Tue Nov 08, 2016 10:32 pm
» Friendship Golf on 4 Dec 2016
by desmondsoh Mon Nov 07, 2016 2:10 pm
» NSRCC Member List
by greenhacker Mon Nov 07, 2016 11:43 am
» Toto Japan Classic Preview, Pairings, and Much More.
by tonyj50 Sun Nov 06, 2016 4:50 pm
» Snell golf balls
by equin0x Sat Nov 05, 2016 6:51 pm
» SOLD : WTS Taylormade Rocketbladez Graphite 8 Irons (5-PAS) Japan Spec
by kim001 Sat Nov 05, 2016 5:09 pm