no PC/HCP can play at MBGC?
Posts : 143
Join date : 2009-09-07
|Subject: no PC/HCP can play at MBGC? Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:38 am|| |
hi guys.. im joinin my colleague for a game at MBGC.. but problem is me no have PC or HCP.. what can i do to join them next week?
in booking form need to specify the HCP.. what do i fill in?
Hall of Fame Golfer
Posts : 8185
Join date : 2009-06-19
|Subject: Re: no PC/HCP can play at MBGC? Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:49 am|| |
1. While at home, dress up.....i mean 'be like pro'. That include ensuring that your bag is all packed with equipment...in other words don come with only sunday bag lah
2. Arrive 1 hour or at least 40mins before teeoff
3. ask counter that you want to go for swing test
4. At swing test, throw up a few tissue to test win, simulate a few practise drives
5. self mumble to yourself, shall I cut or draw
6. Then look at tester in the face....macam ' Do I really need to do this...don you know what I am capable'
7. Swing easy,...and get ready to join your flight at buggy area
Super Active Golfer
Posts : 1527
Join date : 2009-11-10
Age : 51
Location : singapore
|Subject: Re: no PC/HCP can play at MBGC? Wed Jul 28, 2010 1:07 pm|| |
pay S$10 for PC Test which is valid for 1 month. They r sure to tell to avoid slow play n bring your sand bottle wherever u go.
Posts : 40
Join date : 2010-07-20
Super Active Golfer
Posts : 1121
Join date : 2009-06-21
|Subject: Re: no PC/HCP can play at MBGC? Wed Jul 28, 2010 2:11 pm|| |
- go counter, tell them u need swing test, pay ur $$ at counter and collect ticket
- take ur 7 iron (dont be smart and take ur wood or long irons), process to testing area
- swing easy. They dont care if ur 7 iron is only 80m, as long as the ball can fly
Dont do the test cold, tried once, reach MBGC 20min before tee off, swing test and was hitting the mat hard..lucky the ball can fly so not so bad...
Posts : 143
Join date : 2009-09-07
Posts : 28
Join date : 2010-09-17
|Subject: Re: no PC/HCP can play at MBGC? Fri Sep 17, 2010 9:30 pm|| |
Facts I found out about the swing test at MBGC:
1. Valid for 1 month if PASS is given (in this case,they keep a copy of the test paper and you keep one too so if you play again within 1 month,just show it to them to verify on their record)
2. Vaild for 1 day if given a FAIL 1 Day Pass (in this case,you don't get to keep a copy and they will keep both copies,you will be allowed to play on the course and keep up with the pace of play and if you are struggling real bad,they will take you out immediately)
3. If given FAIL with no admittance to golf course, then you either go and get yourself a range card and buy range balls and start practicing hard or you either just leave the place to avoid embarassment (my personal favourite)
Different days, different times at MBGC will be different people taking the test,so it depends on who you get and how easy/hard they go on you (see you suay or heng).
Last time tests conducted by Star Golf Academy pros, put pressure on people a lot, now test conducted by MBGC staff on duty lagi best because they don't present themselves like pro so no pressure.
They probably get some people in the office who know nuts about golf to watch you during your test.
|Subject: Re: no PC/HCP can play at MBGC? || |
Total Donation till date to
Autism Association (SG): S$46,285
|» OCC term member|
by blee67 Today at 8:11 am
» EVNROLL Putter
by pocketace Today at 7:49 am
» ANA Inspiration Preview, Pairings, and More
by tonyj5 Today at 7:20 am
» Looking for good golf coach
by Bernie Tan Golf Coach Mon Mar 27, 2017 5:04 pm
» Hello everyone :)
by Bernie Tan Golf Coach Mon Mar 27, 2017 5:01 pm
» Kia Classic Preview, Pairings, and Much More!
by tonyj5 Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:15 am
» Golf in Cebu
by freedrop Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:43 am
» Titleist Trial Days & Titleist Thursdays
by Titleist Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:57 pm
» YouTube Golf Channel (by Yaozza)
by timang84 Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:45 pm
» Bank of Hope Founders Cup Preview, Pairings, and More
by tonyj5 Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:09 am
» Restoration of Scotty putters
by vivavic Sun Mar 19, 2017 2:25 pm
» Golf sunscreen is a part of your equipment. Why are you not using the best?
by golfersskinsingapore Sun Mar 19, 2017 12:57 pm
» LPGA Player Profile: Belen Mozo (Photos)
by tonyj5 Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:48 am
» JDM clubs - Worth it?
by willytan Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:05 pm
» Driving range to play on grass
by danielleecm Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:08 am
» Golf Bag Custom Embroidery
by montageme Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:38 am
» Stats & Facts Vol 32 - Fast Starts (and much more)
by tonyj5 Mon Mar 06, 2017 9:56 am
» HSBC Women's Champions Preview, Pairings, and Much More
by tonyj5 Sun Mar 05, 2017 4:33 pm
» Paula Creamer Parts Ways With Longtime Caddie!
by tonyj5 Sun Mar 05, 2017 1:10 am
» NSRCC ordinary membership...pls advise
by equin0x Fri Mar 03, 2017 8:49 pm
» How much is Ping Crossover?
by billcoke Fri Mar 03, 2017 1:41 pm
» my golf kaki - Whatsapp group chat
by felixchu Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:48 pm
» Kranji weekday voucher
by coe16arg Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:20 pm
» Honda LPGA Thailand Preview, Pairings, and Much More.
by tonyj5 Mon Feb 27, 2017 2:14 am
» Beginners' game for high handicappers...
by dayveed Sun Feb 26, 2017 11:06 pm
» Golfing Lab Ria Bintan Golf Camp in March 2017
by Jade18 Sat Feb 25, 2017 7:24 pm
» Sembawang weekend golfer
by dayveed Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:41 pm
» Need help with MBGC booking system
by billcoke Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:02 am
» Newbie usually at BB
by issey999 Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:51 am
» Most Popular Photos of the Year - 2016
by tonyj5 Tue Feb 21, 2017 1:44 am
» Coach for a complete beginner
by alfis Mon Feb 20, 2017 2:05 pm
» Thana City & Muang Keaw (Bangkok)
by Noriki Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:50 am
» ISPS Handa Women's Australian Open Preview, Pairings, and More
by Ant Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:06 am
» Newbie 2017
by izzx11 Sun Feb 19, 2017 4:57 pm
» Hello Everyone! :)
by dariustanbr Sat Feb 18, 2017 6:49 pm
» hi - new to forum
by dayveed Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:03 pm
» Ria Bintan's FIRST ANNIVERSARY Promotion!
by colin2011 Wed Feb 15, 2017 10:26 am
» Ria Bintan Golf Club
by sebastianlim Sat Feb 11, 2017 9:04 am
» Solheim Cup Update: U.S. Players Fighting For Remaining Spot
by tonyj5 Wed Feb 08, 2017 6:42 am
» 3D golf course mapping / rendering
by stormriders99 Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:47 am
» ELS Desaru Promotion Rate by me
by famacdonald Mon Feb 06, 2017 4:58 pm
» Green Horn with regular practise
by hockie1992 Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:23 am
» LPGA Player Profile: Brittany Lincicome
by tonyj50 Mon Feb 06, 2017 4:13 am
» How Good Are This Year's LPGA Rookies?
by tonyj50 Tue Jan 31, 2017 8:52 pm
» Brittany Lincicome Wins, Nelly Korda Shines!
by tonyj50 Mon Jan 30, 2017 8:47 am