no PC/HCP can play at MBGC?
Posts : 143
Join date : 2009-09-07
|Subject: no PC/HCP can play at MBGC? Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:38 am|| |
hi guys.. im joinin my colleague for a game at MBGC.. but problem is me no have PC or HCP.. what can i do to join them next week?
in booking form need to specify the HCP.. what do i fill in?
Hall of Fame Golfer
Posts : 8185
Join date : 2009-06-19
|Subject: Re: no PC/HCP can play at MBGC? Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:49 am|| |
1. While at home, dress up.....i mean 'be like pro'. That include ensuring that your bag is all packed with equipment...in other words don come with only sunday bag lah
2. Arrive 1 hour or at least 40mins before teeoff
3. ask counter that you want to go for swing test
4. At swing test, throw up a few tissue to test win, simulate a few practise drives
5. self mumble to yourself, shall I cut or draw
6. Then look at tester in the face....macam ' Do I really need to do this...don you know what I am capable'
7. Swing easy,...and get ready to join your flight at buggy area
Super Active Golfer
Posts : 1527
Join date : 2009-11-10
Age : 51
Location : singapore
|Subject: Re: no PC/HCP can play at MBGC? Wed Jul 28, 2010 1:07 pm|| |
pay S$10 for PC Test which is valid for 1 month. They r sure to tell to avoid slow play n bring your sand bottle wherever u go.
Posts : 40
Join date : 2010-07-20
Super Active Golfer
Posts : 1121
Join date : 2009-06-21
|Subject: Re: no PC/HCP can play at MBGC? Wed Jul 28, 2010 2:11 pm|| |
- go counter, tell them u need swing test, pay ur $$ at counter and collect ticket
- take ur 7 iron (dont be smart and take ur wood or long irons), process to testing area
- swing easy. They dont care if ur 7 iron is only 80m, as long as the ball can fly
Dont do the test cold, tried once, reach MBGC 20min before tee off, swing test and was hitting the mat hard..lucky the ball can fly so not so bad...
Posts : 143
Join date : 2009-09-07
Posts : 28
Join date : 2010-09-17
|Subject: Re: no PC/HCP can play at MBGC? Fri Sep 17, 2010 9:30 pm|| |
Facts I found out about the swing test at MBGC:
1. Valid for 1 month if PASS is given (in this case,they keep a copy of the test paper and you keep one too so if you play again within 1 month,just show it to them to verify on their record)
2. Vaild for 1 day if given a FAIL 1 Day Pass (in this case,you don't get to keep a copy and they will keep both copies,you will be allowed to play on the course and keep up with the pace of play and if you are struggling real bad,they will take you out immediately)
3. If given FAIL with no admittance to golf course, then you either go and get yourself a range card and buy range balls and start practicing hard or you either just leave the place to avoid embarassment (my personal favourite)
Different days, different times at MBGC will be different people taking the test,so it depends on who you get and how easy/hard they go on you (see you suay or heng).
Last time tests conducted by Star Golf Academy pros, put pressure on people a lot, now test conducted by MBGC staff on duty lagi best because they don't present themselves like pro so no pressure.
They probably get some people in the office who know nuts about golf to watch you during your test.
|Subject: Re: no PC/HCP can play at MBGC? || |
Total Donation till date to
Autism Association (SG): S$46,285
|» Honda LPGA Thailand Preview, Pairings, and Much More.|
by tonyj5 Today at 2:14 am
» Beginners' game for high handicappers...
by dayveed Yesterday at 11:06 pm
» Golfing Lab Ria Bintan Golf Camp in March 2017
by Jade18 Sat Feb 25, 2017 7:24 pm
» my golf kaki - Whatsapp group chat
by peterkltay Sat Feb 25, 2017 4:15 pm
» Sembawang weekend golfer
by dayveed Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:41 pm
» Need help with MBGC booking system
by billcoke Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:02 am
» Newbie usually at BB
by issey999 Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:51 am
» Looking for good golf coach
by Bernie Tan Golf Coach Tue Feb 21, 2017 2:29 pm
» Most Popular Photos of the Year - 2016
by tonyj5 Tue Feb 21, 2017 1:44 am
» Coach for a complete beginner
by alfis Mon Feb 20, 2017 2:05 pm
» Thana City & Muang Keaw (Bangkok)
by Noriki Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:50 am
» ISPS Handa Women's Australian Open Preview, Pairings, and More
by Ant Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:06 am
» Newbie 2017
by izzx11 Sun Feb 19, 2017 4:57 pm
» Hello Everyone! :)
by dariustanbr Sat Feb 18, 2017 6:49 pm
» hi - new to forum
by dayveed Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:03 pm
» Ria Bintan's FIRST ANNIVERSARY Promotion!
by colin2011 Wed Feb 15, 2017 10:26 am
» Ria Bintan Golf Club
by sebastianlim Sat Feb 11, 2017 9:04 am
» Solheim Cup Update: U.S. Players Fighting For Remaining Spot
by tonyj5 Wed Feb 08, 2017 6:42 am
» 3D golf course mapping / rendering
by stormriders99 Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:47 am
» ELS Desaru Promotion Rate by me
by famacdonald Mon Feb 06, 2017 4:58 pm
» Green Horn with regular practise
by hockie1992 Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:23 am
» LPGA Player Profile: Brittany Lincicome
by tonyj50 Mon Feb 06, 2017 4:13 am
» How Good Are This Year's LPGA Rookies?
by tonyj50 Tue Jan 31, 2017 8:52 pm
» Brittany Lincicome Wins, Nelly Korda Shines!
by tonyj50 Mon Jan 30, 2017 8:47 am
» Pure Silk LPGA Classic Preview, Pairings, and More.
by tonyj50 Sun Jan 29, 2017 4:02 pm
» Looking for a set of beginner golf clubs
by zhiming1 Fri Jan 27, 2017 10:29 pm
» tanjong puteri B/C course gt sell balls?
by angeldogleslie Fri Jan 27, 2017 11:24 am
» Struggling with the golf swing
by Kaii Wed Jan 25, 2017 8:28 pm
» jap coach in TPY range
by kevlye Wed Jan 25, 2017 2:00 pm
» Anyone tried using 44.5" driver shaft??
by willytan Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:59 pm
» Which courses to play in Mission Hills, Shenzhen or Haikou?
by Nomad Mon Jan 23, 2017 4:39 pm
» Mizuno Iron
by mizunoshen Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:19 am
» LPGA Profile: So Yeon Ryu
by tonyj50 Fri Jan 20, 2017 3:51 pm
» SMBC Open TaylorMade launch
by Darrentay Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:23 pm
» How to fix erratic game?
by matoonia Thu Jan 19, 2017 3:30 pm
» SMBC Sentosa 19 - 22 January 2017
by kop Tue Jan 17, 2017 1:54 pm
» My Top 40 Player of the Year Predictions for 2017
by tonyj50 Tue Jan 17, 2017 6:33 am
» Beginner Golfer
by dayveed Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:32 am
by Noriki Thu Jan 12, 2017 3:49 pm
» Ten Questions for the 2017 Season
by tonyj50 Thu Jan 12, 2017 7:40 am
» YouTube Golf Channel (by Yaozza)
by mizunoshen Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:47 pm
» New member
by Chelwin Mon Jan 09, 2017 3:57 pm
» kids to learn golf
by Bernie Tan Golf Coach Sat Jan 07, 2017 1:29 pm
» Best credit card benefits for golf
by Titlelisten Fri Jan 06, 2017 6:09 pm
» Sunday Morning NSRCC Kranji 853am (18 dec)
by dayveed Wed Jan 04, 2017 11:37 pm