no PC/HCP can play at MBGC?
Posts : 143
Join date : 2009-09-07
|Subject: no PC/HCP can play at MBGC? Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:38 am|| |
hi guys.. im joinin my colleague for a game at MBGC.. but problem is me no have PC or HCP.. what can i do to join them next week?
in booking form need to specify the HCP.. what do i fill in?
Hall of Fame Golfer
Posts : 8185
Join date : 2009-06-19
|Subject: Re: no PC/HCP can play at MBGC? Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:49 am|| |
1. While at home, dress up.....i mean 'be like pro'. That include ensuring that your bag is all packed with equipment...in other words don come with only sunday bag lah
2. Arrive 1 hour or at least 40mins before teeoff
3. ask counter that you want to go for swing test
4. At swing test, throw up a few tissue to test win, simulate a few practise drives
5. self mumble to yourself, shall I cut or draw
6. Then look at tester in the face....macam ' Do I really need to do this...don you know what I am capable'
7. Swing easy,...and get ready to join your flight at buggy area
Super Active Golfer
Posts : 1527
Join date : 2009-11-10
Age : 50
Location : singapore
|Subject: Re: no PC/HCP can play at MBGC? Wed Jul 28, 2010 1:07 pm|| |
pay S$10 for PC Test which is valid for 1 month. They r sure to tell to avoid slow play n bring your sand bottle wherever u go.
Posts : 40
Join date : 2010-07-20
Super Active Golfer
Posts : 1120
Join date : 2009-06-21
|Subject: Re: no PC/HCP can play at MBGC? Wed Jul 28, 2010 2:11 pm|| |
- go counter, tell them u need swing test, pay ur $$ at counter and collect ticket
- take ur 7 iron (dont be smart and take ur wood or long irons), process to testing area
- swing easy. They dont care if ur 7 iron is only 80m, as long as the ball can fly
Dont do the test cold, tried once, reach MBGC 20min before tee off, swing test and was hitting the mat hard..lucky the ball can fly so not so bad...
Posts : 143
Join date : 2009-09-07
Posts : 28
Join date : 2010-09-17
|Subject: Re: no PC/HCP can play at MBGC? Fri Sep 17, 2010 9:30 pm|| |
Facts I found out about the swing test at MBGC:
1. Valid for 1 month if PASS is given (in this case,they keep a copy of the test paper and you keep one too so if you play again within 1 month,just show it to them to verify on their record)
2. Vaild for 1 day if given a FAIL 1 Day Pass (in this case,you don't get to keep a copy and they will keep both copies,you will be allowed to play on the course and keep up with the pace of play and if you are struggling real bad,they will take you out immediately)
3. If given FAIL with no admittance to golf course, then you either go and get yourself a range card and buy range balls and start practicing hard or you either just leave the place to avoid embarassment (my personal favourite)
Different days, different times at MBGC will be different people taking the test,so it depends on who you get and how easy/hard they go on you (see you suay or heng).
Last time tests conducted by Star Golf Academy pros, put pressure on people a lot, now test conducted by MBGC staff on duty lagi best because they don't present themselves like pro so no pressure.
They probably get some people in the office who know nuts about golf to watch you during your test.
|Subject: Re: no PC/HCP can play at MBGC? Today at 12:56 pm|| |
Total Donation till date to
Autism Association (SG): S$46,285
|» Sime Darby LPGA Malaysia Preview, Pairings, and Much More.|
by tonyj50 Today at 6:31 am
» Micro Range at Turf Club
by kennyky Yesterday at 3:48 pm
» Port Klang
by jmchan Sun Oct 23, 2016 10:01 pm
» Blue Bay LPGA Preview, Pairings and More.
by tonyj50 Sun Oct 23, 2016 4:16 pm
» jBeam TD 450 Driver = my investment for 2016
by andrew-golf Sat Oct 22, 2016 6:31 pm
» A True LPGA Legend Retires: Farewell to Se Ri Pak.
by tonyj50 Fri Oct 21, 2016 7:01 am
» Sembawang weekend golfer
by dayveed Thu Oct 20, 2016 10:59 am
» Titleist 917
by Sean Lim Thu Oct 20, 2016 10:47 am
» Customise belt buckle
by kop Thu Oct 20, 2016 9:33 am
» Golf bags - OnOff vs Titleist
by willytan Wed Oct 19, 2016 9:37 pm
» NSRCC Member List
by Oozingmachizmo007 Tue Oct 18, 2016 3:56 pm
» Is TmCC range open to public?
by Bernie Tan Golf Coach Tue Oct 18, 2016 3:26 pm
» Anyone played Austin hills Cc recently?
by A Senior Tue Oct 18, 2016 12:37 pm
» Nelly Korda to join Sister Jessica on LPGA Tour in 2017.
by tonyj50 Mon Oct 17, 2016 6:40 am
» review on Renovated Laguna Bintan
by yogibear Sat Oct 15, 2016 3:44 pm
» WTS: Tanjong Puteri membership - life
by weBirdie Sat Oct 15, 2016 3:05 pm
» Club Glove - The Stiff Arm
by BruiseLee Tue Oct 11, 2016 10:24 pm
» Looking for kakis for Ria Bintan (29-30 May)
by andrewctk Mon Oct 10, 2016 3:14 pm
» OCC Tuesday Morning Game
by TFP Sun Oct 09, 2016 3:16 pm
» Fubon LPGA Taiwan Championship Preview, Pairings, and More.
by tonyj5 Sun Oct 09, 2016 12:55 am
» Replacing shaft for RBZ driver
by Sean76 Sat Oct 08, 2016 8:21 am
» Reignwood LPGA Classic Preview, Pairings and More (spoilers)
by tonyj5 Mon Oct 03, 2016 2:43 am
» Epon Forged
by babolat Sat Oct 01, 2016 5:31 pm
» Range practice
by babolat Sat Oct 01, 2016 5:30 pm
» New LPGA Tournament In Indianapolis Added to 2017 Schedule!
by tonyj5 Tue Sep 27, 2016 1:19 pm
» Arnold Palmer Passes Away at 87
by stickman Mon Sep 26, 2016 8:49 pm
» Look what postman just delivered
by Sean Lim Mon Sep 26, 2016 12:21 pm
» Korean LPGA Sung Hyun Park
by grwilliam Mon Sep 26, 2016 10:35 am
» PORESIA WEEKEND MEMBERS
by dayveed Sun Sep 25, 2016 9:23 am
» Deemples - golf app to find golfers to play golf!
by dayveed Sun Sep 25, 2016 12:26 am
» Stats & Facts Vol.30 / Asian Swing Field Numbers
by tonyj5 Fri Sep 23, 2016 3:21 am
» 1 Iron
by Sean Lim Fri Sep 23, 2016 12:26 am
» Foot Joy Sport BOA shoes
by Sean Lim Fri Sep 23, 2016 12:12 am
» Positive Feedback for Sigma Golf
by Sean Lim Thu Sep 22, 2016 9:34 pm
» Hi Golf Republic
by Bernie Tan Golf Coach Thu Sep 22, 2016 4:53 pm
» Titleist Club Fitting
by equin0x Wed Sep 21, 2016 7:43 pm
» Where to get premium jap heads
by babolat Wed Sep 21, 2016 12:44 pm
» Mizuno Iron
by Bernie Tan Golf Coach Wed Sep 21, 2016 11:58 am
» Driving range to play on grass
by babolat Wed Sep 21, 2016 1:01 am
» Tips on reading breaks and line of putts
by Sean Lim Tue Sep 20, 2016 4:58 pm
» Handicap test
by Bernie Tan Golf Coach Tue Sep 20, 2016 4:54 pm
by Bernie Tan Golf Coach Tue Sep 20, 2016 4:23 pm
» Looking for Putting Coach
by Sean Lim Tue Sep 20, 2016 12:09 pm
» Rolex Rankings Movers of the Year - Part 2
by tonyj5 Tue Sep 20, 2016 7:14 am
» The Evian Championship Preview, Pairings, and More.
by pocketace Mon Sep 19, 2016 3:09 pm